Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in conflict. Beta is asking for spies to infiltrate Omega's camp, while Dentelle simply wants to inquire after the scientist's progress. Later in the season, Beta is hosting his annual crater city tournament, where people can test their Pokemon and their leadership and strategies against one another.

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Add Reply
New Poll

Clipped Wings and Other Things, [Adventure w/ Sev]
Kenos
 Posted: Jun 26 2018, 04:04 PM

Player

Amidst the usual of Forest Beach village, there was one particular individual who might have stood out. He had just passed through the main entrance, both of his hands fearfully cupping a pokeball as if it were made of glass. Paint dripped For someone in a hurry, he was taking very few steps; for someone in need of assistance, he was interacting with absolutely zero people. Instead of doing something that would be more effective, the twenty-some man only looked around wildly. There was a certain building in particular he was hoping to discover, and while he couldn’t remember its exact appearance or name, he was certain he’d recognize it if he saw it. A place that treated injured pokemon… Unfortunately, none of the town’s structures were close enough to triggering the memory he hoped it would.

Everything around him seemed so… quaint. Primitive, even. Kendon had no idea how a human settlement was supposed to look like, but everything inside him was telling him that this was wrong. Where were the streets, the roads? The proper ones, the ones made with… with… He couldn’t remember the word, like so many others he had forgotten. If he weren’t so concerned with the health of the fletchling he had just caught, he most likely would have spent a minute or two more pondering the extent of his amnesia; words were all he had, and having lost so many felt like losing a part of himself. As it was, his vocabulary was not too relevant to his current situation, so Kendon tried to focus on getting help for the wild bird.

“Tried”, being the operative word. It appeared that Kendon's idea of getting help consisted of taking a few steps in a random direction, followed by a hesitant pause and a slight shift in another direction. He glanced back and forth between the various villagers going about their daily lives, working up the courage to ask one of them for help. That is, if they even spoke the same language he did. He had no idea where he was... he supposed that, failing to communicate verbally, he could always draw as he did with the pokemon. Maybe he could start with that, pretend that he couldn't talk. But drawing could only get him so far, and he didn't want to needlessly waste his journal pages if he could avoid it.

An abrupt tug on his jacket brought his head out of the clouds, and the immigrant glanced down to see his recent partner staring up at him. Kendon suddenly felt guilty — it wasn't that he had forgotten about the smeargle, he had just assumed the pokemon had been following behind him. It occurred to him then that the smeargle had just battled, too, and that he had also taken a toll, no matter how much less severe it might be compared to the fletchling's. The Painter's tired expression confirmed this, accompanied by a heavy plop on the ground. Kendon immediately knelt down and began apologizing, all while mentally berating himself for his tunnel vision.

“I'm so sorry, I'm so, so sorry,” he began, setting down the cloth sack that had been hanging from his arms. He placed the pokeball containing the fletchling inside of said bag, exchanging it for one that was empty. He offered it to the smeargle, who instantly shook his head at the notion. Kendon returned it to the bag and took out his journal, drawing up two quick sketches: one depicting a human holding a smeargle in his arms, the other depicting the smeargle on his back. The smeargle off the page considered the propositions momentarily, before shaking his head once again. While it might have been helpful to his art to have an altered perspective, the Painter did not feel like going anywhere. He just wanted to rest, and they could take care of the dumb bird later. It was safe in the ball, wasn’t it?

“C’mon, bud,” Kendon pleaded, rubbing his eyes and sliding his palms down his nose. “Just a little bit longer, okay? Then I’ll… I’ll let you draw in my book, okay?”

He gestured between the pokemon’s tail and his journal pointedly. Though confused at first, the smeargle’s ears perked up in interest as he realized what his human was offering. Climbing to his feet, the Painter began walking further into the village. Letting out a sigh of relief, Kendon started to follow.

user posted imageuser posted image

@Sev

--------------------
PM
^
Sev
 Posted: Jun 26 2018, 10:04 PM

Player

Vexel Xavier Mitore
While the residents of Forest Beach were generally an open and welcoming bunch, even they could not be certain when a new arrival to town was simply a tired traveler, making their way to their quiet little village from Ashfield or if they had just appeared out of nowhere and were stumbling in, confused and without any memory of who they were or where they'd come from. So Kendon's uncertain, shuffling steps earned him a few curious glances and sympathetic looks, but no one had yet approached to greet him and see if he needed anything. It wasn't until he spoke, kneeling down and apologizing to the pokemon that was accompanying him that anyone paid any significant attention to him. A couple folks stopped to see what was going on but didn't interrupt the newcomer as he spoke with his partner.

As the Smeargle stood and began walking, one person approached from those who'd paused to see what was going on. Vex wasn't sure what was going on with the stranger and his pokemon but they looked like they could use a place to rest. The pokemon, in particular, looked utterly exhausted and Vex wondered if they'd been in a battle. If they had, the Smeargle likely need some medical attention as well. Not many other people in Forest Beach could offer both of those things in one place. "Hey mister, do you need some help? Your pokemon looks pretty tired. Why don't you come with me? My mom takes care of injured pokemon so she's bound to have something to help your pokemon feel better." Vex offered, motioning toward the Smeargle as he spoke.

Without actually waiting for an answer, Vex turned and motioned for the pair to follow him. "Mom's at home right now so we'll have to go there instead of the pokemon center." Though, upon realized he had neglected to introduce himself he turned back around to face the pair. "Oh! I'm Vexel by the way, but most everyone just calls me Vex. I don't mind either way so call me whichever you prefer. This little guy is my buddy, Donut. We were going to head into the forest for a bit but helping out someone in need is more important. We can go to the forest later." He added, motioning to the black and white pokemon that had been perched on his shoulder. Donut blinked at the strangers and gave a small chatter of greeting to the Smeargle. "Anyway, do you want me to bring you to my mom? I can take you to the pokemon center if you prefer but my house is closer and mom knows what she's doing. She works at the pokemon center." And, of course, Vex trusted her to take care of his pokemon and would bring them to her before just taking them to the pokemon center.

@Kenos

((Feel free to have the group start walking to Vex's house in your post if you'd like. His family lives on the outskirts of the town so it's probably not very far away from where they are currently. If you'd rather not that's fine too. Just wanted to let you know it's an option =)))
Team Info:

What's going on?
Health: 100%
Energy: 55%

--------------------
PM
^
Kenos
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 03:16 AM

Player

When approached by the younger male, Kendon couldn’t help but widen his eyes in gratitude. He was glad that he wouldn’t have to instigate any conversations on his own. “Th-thank you! That’s… that would be great. Actually, I have another pokemon—” the man blinked as the stranger introduced himself and his pokemon. He hadn’t even noticed the small creature on his shoulder. “Oh, um, nice to meet you. I’m, uh, Kendon, and this is… well, I don’t… I haven’t picked anything to call him, yet… We haven’t really, uh, had much time, so much has happened, and, uh, we got into a fight — but, we didn’t mean to, but someone was in trouble — and, uh, there’s a pokemon injured.”

He spoke as quickly as he could and with a single breath, extending the pokeball with the fletchling in it forward. “This little guy — actually I don’t know if it’s a guy or not — it broke its wing, well I broke its wing, it’s a bird, but I probably didn’t need to tell you, but, uh, I threw a rock at it, not for fun or anything, but I was trying to protect — um, my friend, and another friend? Another pokemon, and I didn’t mean to hit it, but it fell and its wing is broken and there was blood, so I put this ointment thing I had and wrapped it best I could, but I’m not a doctor or anything, and I put it in a pokeball and came here, but yeswhatever’scloserwouldbefine.”

He took a deep breath as he finished speaking. His hands started noticeably shaking, so he drew them closer to his body to stabilize them somewhat. It wasn’t until he had stated out loud what had happened that he truly realized the reality, and urgency, of the situation. The bird could die because of him. He could have killed it. There was probably some other way he could have chased it off, a way that didn’t involve hurting it… The thought made him queasy, so he tried to focus on following the other boy to his house. He was glad that, at least according to Vex, that it wasn’t too far away.

Meanwhile, the smeargle had begun squinting so that he could examine the other pokemon. While still tired, the prospect of new inspiration invigorated him. It had round, yellow cheeks just like Togedemaru had, and a similarly jagged tail — perhaps they were related? Although, he’d have to admit that this particular rodent didn’t have the same pretty patterns the other had. Still, their color composition was strikingly alike: a base of white, highlighted by a contrast of dark and light (here, black and yellow, whereas Togedemaru was brown and yellow). The Painter sped up so he could get a better view, nearly tripping over a rock in the process.

“Are those clothes?!” he called up to Donut, pointing, “I’ve seen humans wear clothes like that! With the cloth covering their heads and then flowing down their back! If so, they’re well designed! I admire the choice in coloring, with black on the outermost side and yellow on the inside! It must be a commentary on the nature of pokemon — no, of all creatures! — exploring the darkness we display towards others, whilst we hide our brighter, truer selves on the inside! I think most others would argue it’s the other way around, but yours conveys a much more positive message! Might I ask where you obtained it? Or— are you the designer yourself?!”

@Sev (sorry this came so late, been busy these past few days!)

--------------------
PM
^
Sev
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 07:19 PM

Player

Vexel Xavier Mitore
Vex listened as the stranger rambled on about how there had been a fight and how his pokemon were injured. Judging from the fact he mentioned not having much time together with the odd pokemon walking with him and his strange clothing, Vex guessed he was a newly arrived immigrant. That, of course, opened up a broad horizon of questions the teen wanted to ask but the first thing they should focus on was the injured and tired pokemon. He motioned for Kendon to follow him and started back toward home, continuing their conversation as they walked. "As long as the bird pokemon is in it's ball it should be fine for awhile. The stuff you put on it's wing was probably a potion and that will help it heal so that's good. Don't be surprised if it's not very happy the first time you let it out after this though. Pokemon are...well...they don't exactly like being caught against their will and it takes time to get them to warm up to you." He explained, giving Kendon a reassuring smile. "Just be kind to them and show them you don't mean them any harm. That's the best way to start off. Once you know them better you can find other ways to earn their friendship." He added, though he had you to capture any other pokemon aside from Donut he had asked his parents numerous questions and heard them tell stories of how they met and made friends with their pokemon over the years.

Donut, at first, didn't realize the strange pokemon was talking to him until he mentioned humans. He turned on Vex's shoulder to peer down at the bipedal creature as it chattered on and on about....clothing? Donut blinked in confusion before it occurred to him that the Smeargle thought he was wearing some sort of human-made pelt. No, I'm not wearing any sort of clothes. It's just my regular fur. To prove his point, Donut rubbed his head as if trying to remove the black fur that covered it, the yellow flaps of skin that served as his 'wings' when he was gliding shown to be attached to his arms. See? All Emolga look like this. It's just...the way we are. Just like I'm sure all of your kind have tan and brown fur. This strange pokemon seemed...a bit weird as far as Donut was concerned, chattering on about wearing clothing and messages. At least he was friendly and not trying to attack of something like that.

"Here we are! This is my house. Be careful of that little den at the back. That's where Da's Growlithe sleeps and he doesn't like strangers approaching. He might try to attack you if you if you're by yourself and you get to close. He's out hunting with my Da right now though so I can't introduce you. And over there's my mom's Combee nest. They make honey that she uses to sweeten her medicines and when she's cooking. As long as you don't mess with their nest they'll leave you alone." Vex pointed out the man-made 'den' and the golden hive hanging from a tree close to the back of the house as he mentioned them before rounding the corner to the front of the house. The door was open in the heat of the summer, letting the ocean breeze cool the house. "Mom!" Vex entered the house, waving for Kendon to follow him inside. "This guy has a hurt pokemon. He says it's some kind of bird but he doesn't know what one but it hurt it's wing and he's worried about it. Can you take a look?" As Vex spoke a woman stepped around a corner. She was fair skinned with her that was slightly more reddish than that of her son.

"Oh Vex, if it's not one thing it's another. Why didn't you take him to the pokemon center?" Vex smiled and shrugged. "You were closer. Please mom. He's really worried about his bird and his...uh....other pokemon looks really tired." The woman looked from her son to the stranger he'd brought home. Though her words had seemed disapproving, the look she gave Kendon was warm and welcoming. "And he knows I won't turn away an injured pokemon. Don't you fret, young man, your pokemon are going to be fine. Your Smeargle doesn't look injured, just tired and maybe a little bruised. Have him eat these berries and drink this medicine. He'll be feeling good as new in no time." She said, pulling a handful of round, blue berries and a small bottle of liquid medicine off of a shelf as she passed and handing them to Kendon. "Now let me see the bird please? Can you describe it and is it very recently caught? I'll need to know what to expect when I let it out. If it's going to try and escape or attack I'll need to take the necessary precautions to make sure it doesn't injure me or cause further injury to itself." As she spoke, she was pulling bandages and medicine down off of the same shelf she'd gotten the berries and such from earlier.

@Kenos

((No worries! RL takes priority over posting =)

Also just a note: it would be best if Kendon did not release the Fletchling in your post. Donut's sibling was killed by a Fletchling and it's parent so he's not a fan and would probably attack it on sight. That's going to be my excuse for getting Kendon and Vex out of the house, lol.))
Team Info:

Why is everyone so talkative? =x

--------------------
PM
^
Kenos
 Posted: Jul 1 2018, 04:02 PM

Player

“Oh… um, thanks.”. Kendon’s sense of urgency had mostly dissipated as he followed Vex’s lead. The other boy’s confidence was comforting, and while he was no less concerned about the fletchling’s safety it eased him knowing that they would soon get help. Still, the immigrant couldn’t help but anxiously flex his fingers, turning the bird’s pokeball in his hand. “I’ll try to remember that… I didn’t mean to — I didn’t want to capture it, against its will, I mean, but it was hurt, and, um… well, I was the cause, so I thought… well, I’m responsible for it now. And I mean, I still will, uh, take care of it! At least until it gets better… But, until then, I, um, definitely want it to feel… to feel comfortable.”

Following his own conversation, the smeargle tilted his head in thought as he considered this new information. So far, he had come across two rodents with surprisingly artistic designs on their person. Were all rodents canvases for the Creator? No, that couldn’t be right — he’d had a few encounters with those such as rattata and bidoof who were (not to be rude, but simply observant) quite bland and unappealing. Maybe it was because he was the human? He’d have to stick around longer to be sure… and start interacting with other pokemon more, too.

When the group finally made it to the house, Kendon politely glanced at everything Vex pointed at. He was vaguely curious about the abode, but his eagerness to get the fletchling treated overrode any wandering thoughts he might have had. He quickly stepped inside, holding the door open for the smeargle. The Painter had been lagging behind, having caught a glimpse of an interesting shape near the combee nest. He made to investigate further — but the humans were starting to head inside, so he reluctantly joined them.

“S-sorry for the, um, the inconvenience!” Kendon stammered immediately, as he took traded the fletchling’s pokeball for the medicine the woman handed towards him. “And, um, thank you for helping! I… I think I have some coin things in my bag, and some other items I think… so I can… However much you need I can pay!”

The man knelt down to pass the berries and drink to the smeargle, indicating that he should consume him. The pokemon happily accepted the meal, though he gave a distasteful look at the medicine before drinking it. It smelled weird, but he was thirsty, so he gulped it down. The warm liquid slid down his throat and, to his surprise, his aching began to wane. The artist stretched out his arms and let out a long yawn, then began to look around at the human’s home. This was his first time in a building — most humans he met chased him away from their houses, though he couldn’t understand why. He had given them the gift of his artwork to keep.

“Um, I’m not sure what kind of pokemon it is, but it’s small, young, too, has a gray, er, body, but a reddish-orange head and, uh, black… black tail feathers? Oh, right, and the black feathers have a white marking on them… and there’s, um, maybe a bit of yellow on its head? Near the eye… sorry, I wasn’t, um, paying much attention! It was attacking another pokemon, so I tried to chase it away with some rocks, and one of them broke its wing… I wasn’t moving much when I captured it but I tried to wrap it with some cloth and put a potion on it so I’m not sure how well it’s, uh, doing…” Kendon began cracking each of his fingers nervously, a little ashamed to admit to the mother he had harmed the pokemon.

@Sev

--------------------
PM
^
Sev
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 09:32 AM

Player

Vexel Xavier Mitore
As Kendon talked, Vex noted the way he stammered and hesitated. Was he nervous? Was he just overwhelmed about having just been in a battle? "Sometimes catching a pokemon against its will is the best chance it has of surviving. They may not be friendly at first because they don't understand that you were trying to help. But you can learn to work together eventually. Don't worry too much about that." He didn't say that if the bird's wing is seriously broken it might not heal right on its own and it wouldn't be able to fly and hunt so it would eventually die, either by predators or starvation. Kendon seemed to feel bad enough about harming the bird in the first place that Vex didn't want to add to that. But it was probably best for the bird that it had been captured. "What do you plan to do once it's healed? Are you going to keep it or try and let it go? Depending on how it feels about you at the time it might not want to leave." Or it might take the first opportunity it had to return to its flock. It would ultimately depend on what sort of bond had been formed between the bird and the human.

As the humans talked, Donut left Vex's shoulder to climb up to the little nest they'd built for him and attached near the roof of the house. He wasn't sure what the humans were chatting about but it didn't seem like they were going to be leaving any time soon. He reached a paw in and withdrew a dried berry which he proceeded to start nibbling on as he watched the goings on below him. Amaya waved off his apologies and offer to pay with a smile. "Oh don't worry about payment, young man. I don't ask for anything in return other than a promise to always care for the well-being of your pokemon. If possible, it's better to run away from a dangerous situation than to keep fighting and possibly lose your partner in the process." Vex knew that little bit of advice by heart and nodded as his mother spoke. It was something everyone needed to learn in their own way. Someone could be told they should always look out for the well-being of their own pokemon first but until they found themselves in a situation where they needed to run or risk their partner dying, they wouldn't really understand.

As Kendon described the pokemon he'd caught, Vex frowned slightly. That sounded awfully familiar. And that wasn't a good thing. "Sounds like you caught a Fletchling." Vex spoke, glancing up at the Emolga who was perched up above them. His mother nodded but rather than respond she turned to Kendon. "Don't feel badly about hurting the pokemon. Sometimes it can't be helped. The fact that you didn't just abandon it to whatever fate may have befallen it says a lot about you." She assured him before addressing the unspoken worry in her son's gaze. "Vex, why don't you take your friend out and show him around the village while I work? It'll be better for everyone I think." She suggested and Vex immediately brightened. "Yeah that's a good idea. Don't worry about your pokemon, my mom will take great care of it. And it's not always fun to watch her work so why don't we take a walk?" Vex agreed, beckoning Donut down form his nest with a soft whistle. The Emolga glided down and landed on the boy's shoulder. "You can stay if you really want to but I'm going got go out." He added, giving Kendon the option to stay if he would rather do that. He didn't really wait for a response before heading for the door.

"We're not certain but we think Donut had a sibling that was killed by Fletchling or it's kin. Vex says any time they see one that little Emolga get awfully riled up. He was worried his pokemon might attack yours if it really is a Fletchling. That's why he's going outside." Vex's mother explained, giving Kendon an encouraging smile before turning to prepare a small dose of a sleeping concoction she used when a pokemon was being particularly unruly or she needed it to be still. Whatever Kendon chose to do, she would proceed with her work.

Outside, Vex had waited a moment to see if Kendon would follow. When he eventually did, Vex greeted him with a grin. "Since you're new here how about I show you around the village like mom suggested. We'll start with the one place you should always stay away from unless you've got really strong pokemon." Vex stated, beckoning Kendon after him. "Awhile back a Vespiquen decided to move her hive into one of the houses closer to the forest. I think she tried getting to ours but Wolf scared her off. So she moved on to the next and when there weren't any pokemon strong enough to chase her off she took over the house and no one has managed to get rid of her yet. Not even my da and Wolf. Once she and her hive settled in there were too many of them to take on." He explained, leading the way around the edge of the village until he stopped and motioned to a house a bit further away. The building looked a bit unkempt and the grass surrounding it was growing tall and wild with no one to tame it or regular foot traffic to trample it down. "We won't get any closer than this. If we do some of the pokemon that now live in that house will come out and attack." He added, shooting a glance at the house as he spoke. At the moment, there didn't seem to be any activity in the nest but Vex knew from having watched the house from time to time that there was likely a Combee or Weedle hanging around somewhere ready to alert the others and lead an attack against a perceived threat. "So that's that. How about we head to the pokemon center next? Or is there something specific that you want to see or have questions about?" Vex questioned, not wanting to seem like he was being bossy or something. If Kendon had questions or some idea of what he wanted to see next then Vex wanted him to speak up. Donut was not particularly impressed with the fact they were so near to the dangerous hive and shifted so that he could keep an eye on the building...just in case.

@Kenos

Proceeding on with getting spawns and such with permission from Kenos =)
Team Info:

Why are we by the Combee hive?

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 10:41 PM

Mod

@Sev @Kenos

While the two young men conversed in a safe distance from the house that was now a hive, it was known that not many would attempt to get near the nest. With the bugs patrolling the perimeter, it made sense that all would stay away, unless they wanted to get murdered. The bees only lived to serve their queen and if she commanded it, they would do anything see demanded.

Humans were smart enough to stay away. Even small children and some pokemon knew better. Likely more mature pokemon who could not only sense the danger lurking within the once abandoned building but also experience of having dealt with the consequences of attempting to get close.

Still with the knowledge of this, two hungry adventures with a death wish decided they’d be the ones to enter. They’d fight off any combees that came their way. They would smash any weedle who pointed their horns at them. Insects were a joke to these two siblings. They wanted the sweet smelling honey from this hive and one way or another, they were going to get it.

Around the other side of the house, out of sight of the humans, was a small black and white bear with a daring personality. He was the one who convinced his sister this would be a good idea Although she was brave, she was also smart. She knew they had a small chance of succeeding and a big chance of getting killed. Yet, her brother was going to attempt this honey gathering on his own whether she joined or not. The young brown bear could not let her brother go alone.

“You’re a moron, you know that. If you don’t turn back now, you’re going to get us both killed!” the teddiursa whispered, as they approached closer to the hive.

Rolling his eyes at his sister, the pancham snickered. “Oh please, no one is forcing you to come,” he replied.

“You’d be dead by now, if it wasn’t for me nagging you all these months,” she groaned.

The pancham decided to continue ignoring her as he steadily entered the territory of the combee hive. It wouldn’t take long for one of the drones to notice the two bears approaching. “Intruders!" He cried out. Unfortunately this one was alone at the moment so the others couldn’t hear him from the other side of the house or from within.

Realizing they were caught, the teddiursa cringed. “I told you!” she shouted at her brother. He only smirked at her. He wasn’t afraid of these bees and if he had to, he’d punch everyone single one square in the face. The drone attempted to alert the others once more, but the pancham hopped up and smacked it down. He quickly covered it’s mouth and tried to keep it quiet.

It buzzed violently but there was nothing the bears could do to keep it quiet. It didn’t have to vocally alert the others even if it did. They could feel that he was in trouble and were already coming to aid. Not all would swarm, seeing as how, the entire hive had to be monitored. So a few soldiers flew over to check out the situation. There they spotted the two bears holding the combee hostage.

“Blasphemy!” the second combee cried out as she spotted the other bug being held against his will. “Drones attack!” she ordered. She wasn’t the queen but being a female she was a higher ranking than the others. The two other males rushed in to attack the teddiursa and pancham. The bears would be in trouble without help, still they would fight their hardest.

wild Pancham has appeared!
level 5 ◒ male ◒ ability ◒ moves
100% health, 40% energy. This is gonna be fun!

wild Teddiursa has appeared!
level 7 ◒ female ◒ ability ◒ moves
100% health, 60% energy. It was nice being alive, I guess...

wild Combee has appeared!
level 3 ◒ male ◒ ability ◒ moves
100% health, 30% energy. Hostage.

100% health, 30% energy. Attack Formation!

level 4 ◒ female ◒ ability ◒ moves
100% health, 40% energy. Defend your hive!

100% health, 30% energy. Attack Formation!

--------------------
PM
^
Kenos
 Posted: Today at 04:42 am

Player

Kendon took in the other’s reassuring words, although he wasn’t entirely convinced the capture was justified. The pokemon wouldn’t have needed help if he hadn’t hurt it in the first place. He wouldn’t argue, of course, and instead focused on answering the question that followed. “I— oh… I hadn’t really considered that it might— that it might want to stay. I mean, I’d be happy we became close enough to be friends, but… what if… it only wants to stay because it was conditioned that way? That’s some sort of mental syndrome or something, isn’t it, when a captive develops an… an attachment to their captor? Either way, it feels like… I robbed the bird of its choice…

“If, you, uh, really insist!” he responded to the kind woman, his eyes widening in awe of her generosity, “And— and of course! I wouldn’t… I ‘ll do my best! I never mean to — I don’t intend on getting into… fights. It was just this— I mean, you know, sorry. But, um, yes, I promise.” He looked then at his partner, and while the two had just met, felt an immense responsibility towards the pokemon. He didn’t know if it was because the smeargle was the first creature he interacted with after the loss of his memories — perhaps something akin to a newborn imprinting on a parent — or if there was some deeper connection between them, but he was certain they wouldn’t be parting anytime soon.

His brief contemplation was broken when Vex started to go outside, and Kendon snapped his attention back to the situation at hand. He hesitated at the thought of leaving the fletchling behind, but the almost-voice in his head reasoned that he would only be in the way; that he’d have to explore the village eventually, and that it would be easier to do if he had a guide. The immigrant hurried after the other boy, scooping up his cloth bag and beckoning over the smeargle. The pokemon blinked in return. Were they leaving already? Well, he didn’t mind anymore, now that he was feeling rejuvenated. Besides, he might get the chance to see those interesting shapes from before.

The writer and painter walked beside Vex, keeping the native in their peripherals as they gazed all about themselves (although, for different reasons; the former was attempting to memorize the layout of the village, so that he might be able to navigate it without being led, while the latter was much more nonchalant in his observations). When told about the vespiquen, Kendon was filled with a mixture of curiosity and concern. It was an interesting story, and he was interested in what possessed wild pokemon to relocate into a human abode, but it was not something to be taken lightly. He was a bit uncomfortable, truth be told, that the group was as close as they were — hadn’t he just been warned to stay out of trouble? If more pokemon were to attack, he wasn’t sure if the smeargle could handle another fight, even considering the recent pick-me-up.

“Huh? Oh, sure, the pokemon center would be fine… I should… It’d be a good idea to know where it is, just in case… I mean, I hope I don’t need it anytime soon, but, you know…” The twenty-two year-old paused as he struggled to ask Vex a question. The problem wasn’t thinking of one — the problem was he had too many. Where he was, who he was, where he came from or how he lost his memories… Too many questions, and, most likely, too many that the friendly boy would be unable to answer. “Actually… I, uh… I probably should have asked this earlier, but with… you know, everything with the fletchling… Um, well, I’m not exactly sure where— Is that— buzzing…?”

Kendon frowned as he squinted at the skirmish occurring just a little ways off from where they stood. Whatever was happening, it was probably best to not get involved. He opened his mouth to suggest they leave, not exactly eager to get involved in another scuffle, only to be interrupted by the smeargle’s own shouts. They weren’t, however, shouts of fear, but those of excitement; the pokemon saw the combee and, while they were distant, recognized they were the same interesting shapes of which he had previously caught a glimpse. Without a glance backwards, the Painter rushed forward to get a better look.

“W-wait, hold on!”

The writer reached for the pokemon, but only grabbed empty air. Having been left with no other option he ran towards the fight, too, shooting an apologetic look backwards. He stopped abruptly as soon as he caught up with the smeargle. Unlike with the togedemaru and emolga, the artistic pokemon did not barrage them with questions, but studied them from a distance. Clearly, there was something going on, and he didn’t want to be a part of it. He painted on the ground instead, copying repeating hexagons that made up the bug pokemon. He only broke concentration once, to gauge the human’s reaction of his studies, and scowled instantly when he realized he wasn’t paying attention.

If the smeargle had paid closer attention, he might have noticed that his human wasn’t neglecting his art out of disinterest. No, Kendon was, in fact, paralyzed with indecision. It had only taken a couple moments for him to analyze the situation. Bears versus bees. The combee outnumbered their opponents by nearly three times — so he should help out the bears, as the underdog. Then again, the two cubs were holding down one of the combee, and this was near the hive, so clearly they were the transgressors. The combee were in the right, then, weren’t they? It would be better to just stay out of it, then. It wasn’t any of his business anyway. And he didn’t want to risk the smeargle’s health again, especially so soon after the last fight. But he couldn’t just leave the cubs alone to die…

user posted image

@Sev

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp Pokefalls
skin by bonbon.