Welcome

Our old universe has fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new universe, this new world, and give it purpose. (Our site is best viewed in Firefox or Chrome.)

Events

The biggest event of the season- of the year, even- is the Anniversary Fair, and it is here again! We have a scary story contest. Our plot events are still going strong.

Season

Autumn will be here until December. All of Terrene is cooling by degrees; those in Ashfield scarcely notice because it never truly gets cold there, though they will notice the decreased rains and humidity. Winds pick up, particularly in the southern areas. Ghost types are more common this season.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Add Reply
New Poll

Are We There Yet?, [adventure - travel]
kira
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 04:54 AM

Temp

[egg post 7] ((um so I'm making this thread AFTER the existence of Ri purchasing the egg I hope this isn't mucking up timelines too much BLEHHH))

Ri had finally found the edge of the forest and was now walking in a terrain... That was kind of boring actually. Yes, you couldn't see far in the forest because it was dark and there were trees in the way because... Well... It was a forest. That's what forests do. Here? In the plains? She could see farther, but it was just green grass, and aside from spying some pokemon in the distance... What was probably some smelly dead pokemon carcasses. Still... It was new terrain. That gave it the bare minimum of interest in her eyes. Hunters likely had to use the grass to their advantage, sneak up from behind, make no sound and make sure there was no sign of their presence. Sounded difficult. It'd been hard enough hunting in the forest. She imagined it'd be harder here in the Plains.

She sighed and scratched at her neck with a free hand, her other hand being occupied carrying a basket full of egg she was not planning to eat. Though, that seemed to befuddle her serpentine companion. Eh. He'd figure it out soon enough. Probably.

For now, she did her best to make tracks for Crater City without too much trouble. She took out the map and compass again and started squinting fiercely at it, trying to discern how not to get lost in this endless sea of grass.

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 03:29 PM

Admin

The sky was mostly clear, only a few fluffy white clouds floating gently against the light blue. There was a light breeze, pushing the grasses of the plains and creating a bit of white noise as the blades brushed against one another, a soothing sound to some. The only catch was the ground beneath her feet was a little soft, indicating that it had rained recently. Though the mud wouldn't be likely to cause any trapping of her shoes or otherwise, it was still a bit moist.

Which was the cause of joy to some. Up ahead, she'd be able to make out a brown figure in the distance, with pieces of mud flying around it as it kicked at the ground. A little closer and she'd be able to see the brown donkey creature, standing at almost 3 feet tall. It dashed around, tearing up the grass and kicking up mud as it brayed in joy. "The feeling of mud in your hooves and fur is the most amazing! You two should join me." Though she couldn't see one of the creatures without getting closer, she'd see the little dark feathered bird with the red plumage on its head flitting around nearby, dodging the mud being flung around.

"Honestly, I don't see how you can enjoy it. Mud in my feathers would damper me down when flying. Doesn't it bother you when it dries in your fur and makes moving more... awkward?" It seemed they hadn't noticed the human and her group yet. A distinct, possibly familiar barking spoke up. "Yeah, as much as it might be fun to toss around in the dirt, mud is terribly hard to clean out of my fur. Plus, it's gross." The mudbray stopped and looked at the poochyena, offended at the comment.

"Gross? Mud is like, half of my diet! Honestly I will never understand how you don't like the amazing texture and solid taste of this natural earth beneath us." The donkey sighed, getting lost for a moment as it followed up by scooping up a bit of loose dirt into its snout and munching before swallowing. The bird chirped in disgust, but the puppy only let out a few short breathes to resemble a laugh."Hey, to each their own, right? I know you both don't like MY diet."

a wild Poochyena has appeared!
level similar to Sai ◒ female ◒ unnerve ◒ moves unknown
100% Health. .

a wild Pikipek has appeared!
level similar to Sai ◒ male ◒ unnerve ◒ moves unknown
100% Health. .

a wild Mudbray has appeared!
level similar to Venom ◒ male ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown
100% Health. .
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 06:51 PM

Temp

[egg post 9]

Ri was glad to be free of the greedy and muddy forest floor. It was... Still kind of muddy under the grass, but it was more bearable. The plains sung to the tune of the winds, softly in her ears. Sure, the plains seemed a tad boring at first... It was still a nice change of pace, she thought was nice and peaceful. Peace was boring as well... But, eh. She supposed she should relish the peace while she could, before trouble found her again. Trouble always found her again and again. It was as if the universe decreed it.

She was planning to avoid trouble... When suddenly Venom shot forward, slithering quickly before she could react. When she looked around, she could see three figures. One was brown and kicking up mud everything. "Oh, hell no...." She groaned under her breath, and quickly made tracks after her serpentine companion. Was he going to cause trouble?! She sincerely hoped not. Ugh.

She crammed the map and compass into her pockets, and picked up Sai in her arms, trying to run as fast as she could to catch up with the Seviper. As she came closer, she could see a donkey, a Poochyena, and some bird. The names of the two pokemon came to her a moment later: Mudbray and Pikipek.

She still wasn't there yet...

Venom had not been keen on the idea of being yanked by the human, in some crazy roundabout route. Suddenly, the human had gained a sudden fear of literally anything happening. It was annoying! Maybe it was because they were traveling so far... He'd never left the forest in his life, so being stranded out on the open plains was weird for him. There was less debris around here, his scales sliding across the smooth blades of grass. Anyways!

He'd picked up some speed to get a headstart. It wasn't like he was rushing towards social interaction, but he didn't want to be yanked. It was unpleasant, okay? He came upon the trio of pokemon. A mud-loving Mudbray and his companions who seemed less enthusiastic about mud. He turned around and saw the human frantically speeding towards them. Hm. Ugh... He kind of wanted to try eating the Pikipek... However, it seemed they weren't anywhere near their destination. The Mudbray and Poochyena could create problems.... So he guessed he had to play nice. Just this once! This was an exception. He was still a perfectly awesome predator.

"(Hello.)" He hissed.

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 05:20 AM

Admin

The pooch yipped and physically jumped as the seviper popped out of the grass, greeting them. Her previous encounters with the species were less than friendly, and without her pack, she wasn't confident in her ability to take one down she faced the new appearance, quickly noticing a human following behind. That definitely didn't make the situation any better, because humans had an uncalled for grudge against pokemon of her type. It was ridiculous, really.

The bird was suspicious as well, flying a bit higher up to make sure she couldn't be reached, but other wise didn't do anything to express any discontent or aggression. She simply watched and waited, wondering what the snake was doing here and what he would do. He was sorely outnumbered, even with the human approaching. There was a water type in her arms, which wouldn't help their odds at all, and none of them were very experienced. She simply needed to hope things didn't take a turn for the worse.

The mudbray, however, had a much different outlook on the newcomer. "Oh hello! Welcome to my mud patch. Hopefully you can appreciate it more than these two." He brayed twice in laughter, sparing glances at his friends but completely oblivious of their negative emotions on the situation at hand. "If not, well, more for me! I'll take it! But I'm happy to share with a fellow appreciator of the fine moist earth beneath us." He kicked up another, in the opposite direction of Venom to make sure it wasn't taken as an attack or anything.

He happily trotted a bit closer, looking up at the human and psyduck. "Oh! You're a trio, just like us. Three is the best number, clearly. I think it's lucky or something. Or at least I head that somewhere, I think." He stared into space for a second, thinking on where that comment had come from. Then he shook it off, and continued his line of chatter. "What brings you all out here in the plains? Come here often?" The friendly mudbray was more than happy to talk, having no idea who he was talking to.

100% Health. Shocked and a little scared.

100% Health. Super Suspicious.

100% Health. Wants to be frands :D:D.
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 06:53 PM

Temp

[egg post 10]

Venom was satisfied as he properly scared the Poochyena and Pikipek. Though, the Mudbray seemed a little... Dim. He decidedly to chalk it up to the ground-type being stupid, rather than his lack of intimidation factor. After all, he'd made the dark-type literally jump at his appearance, and the bird fly farther away out of reach. He was clearly super scary, look at all the evidence! Snakes didn't purr, but he did let out a low hiss of self-satisfaction.

"(Hm... Mud. Not my favorite but I suppose it wasn't too bad.)" Even though he'd kind of had his fill in the forest. He imagined the Mudbray would be extremely happy in the state the forest was in, all muddy and sticky. Much more to their tastes than the human's, who had scraped the mud off her shoes at the first ample opportunity. He didn't take the Mudbray to be a threat, not appearing to be aiming for a fight. He was kind of itching for a fight, but no. They were still on the move apparently, and had places to be. This was just to prove a point! There was no harm in saying hi and moving on... Even if he typically wasn't a very social snake. Not that snakes were that social, really.

Finally, Ri caught up and dropped Sai, who landed on her feet. She bent over, hand on her knees to catch her breath. "Oh, dammit... Venom... Can you not?!" She despaired. Well, it seemed like they were in luck and these three didn't seem interested in a fight... So far. She still half-expected any situation to escalate into a fight. At least the poison-type hadn't struck yet or anything.

"(... No. I have never visited the plains before.)" He glanced to the redhead. "(That's my... Human. She has traveled out of the forest and to here. I do not know where she wishes to go, but it's me that's following her. So far the plains seem....)" He looked around. "(Significantly brighter.)" He said, instead of calling it boring.

((Im too lazy to bold rn

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Sep 19 2017, 10:51 AM

Admin

The donkey threw up his head in joy at the snakes comment, taking it way more positively than had likely been intended. He turned his head to his compatriots, oblivious to their hesitations about the strangers. "See? Thinking mud is terrible and gross is definitely not normal. I told you it was great. You should listen to me more often. Glad this kind stranger could clear it up for us!" The bird and pup didn't react however, too focused on the trio.

Next thing they knew, the human was speaking. The poochyena tensed up, the creeping sensation of fear only heightening as the fleshy creature started to talk. In her experience, humans commanded their ally pokemon to attack others, either to capture or to kill. She wasn't keen on finding out which one it was, but was a little relieved when the seviper simply continued speaking, not moving in any way so as to indicate a fight. They could probably win altogether, but she'd prefer not to take the risk of getting poisoned.

The mudbray clopped his feet into the ground excitedly as the conversation continued. He was overly interested in satisfying his eager curiosity about these travelers, and was glad that one of them was willing to humor him by having a conversation. He imagined the duck would likely be willing too, but unfortunately humans weren't able to understand him, and vice versa. So he was never able to talk to those travelers.

"It's like a mystery adventure! Headed into the world with no clue where you are going. It sounds like such fun!" The donkey pointed its snout at the little yellow duck, wondering if she wanted to talk as well. "What do you think of the adventure? Do you like adventure?" The mudbray was honestly just curious with his somewhat prying question, and a little carried away trying to learn more about these strangers.

100% Health. Just staying back.

100% Health. Curious about the 'friendly' snake.

100% Health. Wants to be frands :D:D:D.
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Sep 19 2017, 04:20 PM

Temp

[egg post 16]

Ri's breathing finally slowed to a more normal pace, and she gently laid the egg basket on her side, on the grassy ground. She slumped to the ground and sat crosslegged. She guessed... A break was okay. She'd been trying to go nonstop, only stopping for sleep, but... Maybe that hadn't been the greatest idea. She scratched and ruffled through her red hair. "Damn, Ven... Just gimme a heads up first, okay?" She was exasperated, though no anger shone through her tone. She, at worst, sounded a bit tired.

Venom felt like he'd given the Mudbray an inch, and he'd taken a mile, suddenly deciding that Venom was a mud fanatic, like the ground-type himself. Urgh... He was a poisonous snake, and while he couldn't exactly afford to despise mud, he preferred dry days all the same. Warm days where he felt ready to hunt the whole forest. Though, amusingly enough, the Pikipek and Poochyena seemed focused on Venom and his company, rather than their friend.

He watched the Poochyena tense up and freak out a little. He didn't... Have much in the way of first-hand experience, but he'd heard most humans were pretty weird around dark-types. He wasn't entirely sure of the details, but it made it sound dumb. He was fairly sure his human was smarter than most stupid humans. If she was dumb, it wasn't her fault, since humans seemed to be naturally stupid. He was clearly rubbing off on her, seeing how she was a perfectly acceptable, kind of snake-approved human.

He flicked out his tongue, a habit he had in awkward situations. He did... Feel a bit at a loss of how to deal with this Mudbray. This wasn't a fight and um... Venom wasn't really well-versed in conversing with a prey-like pokemon that didn't involve attacking. "(Well... I suppose...)" Then suddenly the donkey had started talking to Sai. He bit back a hiss, feeling a little insulted. Wasn't he the one who was being spoken too?!

Meanwhile, Sai felt a bit put on the spot. "(O-Oh?! Er, me? Uh, I suppose... As long as it's not too life-threatening...)" She murmured in response, still getting the hang of speaking to someone who wasn't hissing all the time, and kind of mean at the best of times. Her eyes darted between Venom and the Mudbray before she took a chance. "(So, ah... Who are you guys?)" She asked, looking between the dog, bird, and donkey. "(Are you guys from around here....?)" She did her best to ignore Venom's quiet snort.

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 01:14 PM

Admin

The human took a seat on the ground, the grass flattening beneath the pressure of her body as she did so. Seeing the passive gesture as she simply relaxed with the three of them around caused the pooch to lighten up a bit, starting to realize they weren't in any danger. Though she was not planning to let her guard down, she was willing to at least not act so defensive or ready to jolt at a moments notice. She wasn't quite ready to take part in idle conversation though.

The pikipek was a little more amicable, his curiosity getting the better over him as the sudden situation seemed to present itself as a calm, peaceful encounter with the human and pokemon. Though he wasn't quite as hyperactive or happy as the donkey, he could still provide some semblance of conversation. "Non-life threatening is generally the goal. Unless you're hunting, of course. In which case, may your prey find the sweet embrace of death."

The donkey brayed at the comment, lifting lightly on his back hooves and turning his long snout towards the bird. "Oh mercy me! Let us not talk of such scary things. Not all of us are hunters! Some of us have to avoid being hunted!" He called out in slight distress, not even wanting to think about the idea of being hunted. It was amazing enough that he was friends with a hound who's pack could turn on him any moment. But he wasn't too worried about that. If they were going to, they would have by now.

The bird's expression was best described as deadpan at the retort by the mudbray, and his attention turned to the snake and duck. "Myself and the donkey appeared in the human settlement in this area in the winter, and have survived here sense. The pooch has travelled a bit more with the pack, as to be expected of her kind." He chimed in, tuned into the fact that she wasn't going to be speaking for herself for the moment. Hopefully she'd calm down soon. "Are the both of you from the forest then?"

100% Health. Just staying back.

100% Health. Curious about the 'friendly' snake.

100% Health. Wants to be frands :D:D:D.
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 06:26 PM

Temp

Ri noticed as the Poochyena present seemed to calm down, at least a tad. So, she guessed it was nice to know she was successfully presenting herself as non-confrontational. She wasn't looking for a fight. She was kind of in the middle of traveling, even if she was taking a Venom-ordered break at the moment. She didn't understand the words being said by the pokemon, but it was still a peaceful atmosphere. Yeah, things were going to be fine, she was pretty sure. Just.... A little break time and reprieve from terrible things looming overhead.

Venom watched as the Poochyena settled down a little, though she was still properly wary as a hunter should be. He approved. The dark-type said nothing, and was apparently not going to say anything. So, he turned his attention to the one who decided to speak instead: The bird who was still flying above the group. "(The very truth of this world.)" He replied, approving of the Pikipek's worldview, finding it similar to his own... Thus far. He didn't know the true extent of the flying-type's beliefs, but so far they seemed similar enough for Venom to be content with the bird's presence.

Though, the Mudbray seemed to disapprove. He would've rolled his eyes if he had eyelids. "(It's not scary. It's life.)" Venom defended. "(And there are few predators who truly have nothing to fear...)" It was an unfortunate lesson hammered into him... He'd never admit it to a true threat he would face, but he was willing to admit it to these few who he imagined he'd never see again after this. He found himself liking this Pikipek more and more, however as he kept speaking. "(Ah. I see. Yes, it is true. I was born of the forest. I... Am with this human now.)" He hissed, gesturing with his head to the redhead. "(She is... I find her better than other humans.)" He admitted.

Sai had been staying quiet up until then, only looking between Venom, the Pikipek, and the Mudbray as they spoke. No one had asked her a question, so she wasn't sure if it was okay to suddenly butt into the conversation all of a sudden. She wasn't even sure she had something truly worth saying.

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 01:02 AM

Admin

Oh! Things! Creatures! Stuff going on! The energetic baby rocked in it's egg, causing the shell to rock ever so softly at the sound of so many voices. For so long, she'd just sat back and listened, resting and sleeping mostly as she'd grown. As she started to become slightly aware, she'd heard voices somewhat regularly. They were interesting, something different that promised others outside the containment of this shell she was growing in.But as with all babies, she could only grow so much inside of the egg, and it was her time to break free!

Stamping a hoof against the edge of the shell as hard as she could (which, for this young baby, wasn't actually very hard), she caused the egg to rock once more, and a visible and audible crack came through. Yes! It was damaged! She just needed to keep at it, yes. She stomped at the shell once more with a bottom hoof, causing another crack. In quick succession (well, quick for her tiny baby limbs), she continued to assault the shell, taking advantage of the cracks. Then, a little black foot poked out of the egg, and she was happy.

Pulling it back in, she used both fore hooves to push at the opening, causing it to open wider as the fluids from the egg started to ooze out. After a couple more stomps, the warmth of the sun was rushing in as the liquid poured out, and she flailed her body to ger her head out. The egg falling to pieces as her body moved, the black and white zebra got out of the egg, but couldn't make it far given she was in a basket.

your egg has hatched into a Blitzle!
level 1 ◒ female ◒ motor drive ◒ DOUBLE KICK, Quick Attack

Newborn. Must be an active participant in 5 posts before she will reach level 2 and can battle. Bred for increased bulk without sacrificing speed. Permanent +1 defense!

The egg shook, and it caused the mudbray to sharply stare at it, freezing in place. Was that object... moving? But, weren't eggs just food? Or used for something else? Why was it moving? He watched and waited a moment, as it moved again. He stamped his hooves into the ground, eyes practically popping out of his skull. A hoof popped out of the egg, and that was the last straw. "AHHH IT'S COME TO LIFE EVERY POKEMON FOR HIMSELF!" He ran in a sporadic circle, before taking off into the tall grass and away from them.

The pikipek simply sighed. "I am so sorry for my stupid friend. Apparently this is the first time he's seen an egg. He's not very bright..." He tweeted low in annoyance, nodding his head at the snake. "Best of luck with the baby and travelling, or whatever. Guess I'd better make sure that idiot doesn't go run into a pride or something." He seemed to actually hesitate, as if weighing whether he should actually chase after the mudbray. But he relented, and started fluttering his wings to take off after the donkey.

The poochyena wasn't spooked by the egg. It was a normal part of life, why was the ground-type so surprised? Well, she knew by now it was best to not even ask. Not even waste brain power trying to understand the workings of that mind. But she didn't say goodbye to the group before turning and starting off after the donkey. She had nothing to say to them, and wasn't interested in making anything up now. And if she was honest, she was happy to be taking her leave of them.

100% Health. Mudbray is ridiculous, but also happy to be leaving.

100% Health. Siggghh

100% Health. IT'S ALIVE :O:O
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 06:49 AM

Temp

Ri did not miss the egg shaking. Her head snapped to the side and she stared at it. That wasn't a thing that normally happened. Was something wrong with the egg? None of it showed on her face, but the panic began to grip and tug at her heart all the same. She had no idea how eggs worked, she'd never bothered to ask anyone. Did she do something wrong?! She'd been trying to be very careful and gentle with the egg... Aside from that time she ran into the territories of several dark-type packs with the egg in hand, but other than that she'd been doing.... Fine, probably?! The crack surprised her, and she nearly jumped. Then more cracks appeared again and again. Then a tiny foot poked out. Ri leaned over the basket and watched as the egg fell to pieces as a small creature poked itself out of the egg.

Fuck, it was a cute little zebra. Blitzle, Ri's mind supplied. The young zebra appeared to be completely out of the egg pretty much, but didn't seem to have much luck trying to escape the basket. Not that it was for a lack of trying. It was kind of adorable how the young pokemon was trying to crawl out of the basket, though she seemed to be unused to her legs. Which made sense. The tiny electric-type was only now in the position where she'd have to use her legs. Then loud braying caught her attention. She turned her head to see the Mudbray fleeing the scene. After some chirping from the Pikipek, both the donkey's friends followed suit.

Ri shrugged and resumed her attentions on the young newly hatched pokemon. She reached forward and gently lifted the zebra up and into her arms. The pokemon squirmed a little bit and it occurred to the redhead that the Blitzle should have a name she should be referred to... After a moment, she settled on Arashi. It sounded a bit funny and perfect all at the same time. Whatever. Names didn't matter much, except when in concern to whom they belonged to. It was fine. Arashi... It was good name.

Holding the small zebra with one arm mostly, she took the time to pick up the basket and dump the egg shells. She figured it might be best to carry the young pokemon in a basket in the middle of all this travel, especially since she was still small enough for the basket. Now that the basket was egg free, Ri gently let Arashi back down into the basket. She took a deep breath and rose to her feet. "Alright." Holding the basket up to her chest, she looked at the zebra staring up at her. Acting on an impulse, she gently ran her fingers down the side of Arashi's neck. Babies needed physical comfort or something... Right? Eh.... Ri wouldn't say she was an expert on what babies needed, so this was going to be trial and error.

Probably a lot of error. Then she resumed walking. She still needed to get to Crater City.

Venom's opinion of the Mudbray plummeted as the ground-type fled from the hatching egg. He simply dipped his head in response to Pikipek's words. Then he addressed the basket and egg. He found Sai staring open eyed at the whole scene.

"(What...?)" She whispered softly.

"(The egg hatched.)" Venom explained concisely. "(All pokemon hatch from eggs. It appears this egg hatched a... Horse thing.)" He didn't seem happy with the idea of another prey-like pokemon joining their group. Ugh, he hoped this one would prove her worth one day as well, as Sai had. He supposed... Maybe he needed to wait. Sai had been weak for the longest time, after all.

"(Oh.)" Sai didn't remember much of her time before the redhead human. Was she that small back then? "(Why is the human holding the baby and dumping the egg?)"

"(She likely wishes to carry the baby in the weird human carrying thing.... And egg shells can be pointy, I suppose.)" True to Venom's speculation, that was exactly what the human did. Then the human resumed walked, with her two pokemon at her side, chattering between her legs.

"(How long do pokemon stay tiny? Can she fight already?)"

"(I don't know. Probably not. No newborn can fight.)"

"(How long then?)"

Venom did his best to groan. There were going to be a lot of annoying questions, weren't there?

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 10:55 AM

Admin

Small yet strong stick-like legs pricked into the ground, skittering back and forth as they carried the hefty body around. Big, blue claws snapped open and shut repeatedly as the grunts of the pokemon rang into the grass towards the little lion, who wasn't intimidated nor amused by the display. In fact, she seemed rather bored overall, and lacking any sort of emotion towards the creature that was moving around, trying to grab her attention.

"Oi! Ya hearin' me over there? I'm wantin' a fight, to show ya who's truly the best. Predators of the plains, eh? I'm not so convinced. Put 'em up!" Dark lids closed and reopened slowly as the litleo simply watched the crabrawler getting himself more and more worked up. She didn't want to fight. No, now was the perfect nap time. She supposed she could, but it just didn't sound appealing. Not when the sun was beaming down, so warm and comfortable in the grasses.

"Nah, I don't feel like it. Why don't you go find someone else more willing to put up a fight?" She rolled over, rustling the grasses as her belly was exposed to the sun. She sighed in comfort as the warm rays beat down on her fur. "'Cause I be challengin' you! You can't jus' 'urn down a challenge!" She yawned dramatically, causing a scoff from the crab. "Let's get realistic here. If I'm laying here, do you really think I'll put up a good fight? I decline your challenge. Besides, you don't want to be around when momma gets back. Then you'll be dead." She spoke so casually not inclined to really care about the pokemon's well-being or not.

"I ain' 'fraid of no lion! I can take 'er wit' one claw tied behind mah back!" He shouted out, lifting one large claw higher in the air. She growled at him, but didn't move otherwise for the moment. "Tread carefully, you dumb lug. You best not go insulting my mother." The crab would like rile her up if he kept going, but the appearance of a human and her pokemon nearby distracted him for the moment, and caused the little cub to pop on her feet and stalk in the grass, wondering what a human was doing out here.

"Oi! You come to fight too? You want a piece o' this??

a wild Litleo has appeared!
level similar to Venom ◒ female ◒ unnerve ◒ moves unknown
100% Health.

a wild Crabrawler has appeared!
100% Health.
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 03:21 PM

Temp

The next encounter at a first glance, would appear to be more... Violent and precarious than the happy, oblivious Mudbray and his wary friends. From what Ri could see, there was a buff looking crab pokemon, Crabrawler, and a small lion: Litleo. She pursed her lips and by the time she'd noticed them, they'd apparently caught the attention of the Crabrawler. She guessed a group like her's wasn't easily ignored. That was wonderful. She was wary of a fight, when she quite literally had a newborn in a basket in her arms. As Venom began to open his maw, she tapped lightly on the top of his head. He looked up and she shook her head furiously. Hopefully he'd get the message.

She kind of... Just wanted to get to where she wanted to. The small zebra in the basket was still trying to clamber out of it, but still failing. She'd been trying to suppress a face, it was rather cute, and surprising that the basket served as a good egg containment unit as well.

Venom and the duck were seemingly addressed by the Crabrawler who seemed to be... In a bit of a fighting mood. Normally, Venom would be all for jumping into the fray. However, before he could do anything, the human quite clearly signaled against a fight. So, he looked to the water-type with the calmest gaze he could manage.

"(No. We're passing through, and would appreciate it greatly if you would allow us to pass without fuss.)" Venom hissed out, feeling a little pain in his bones at turning down a fight, and having to be polite. He was aware of his, er... Talent at starting fights and sparking others to violence via wounded pride. Urgh, diplomacy wasn't his forte but he was going to try. Besides, he was reasonably sure that newborns were helpless and the Blitzle baby was currently deadweight that would mess with the outcome of the fight, probably.

Sai remained there without speaking a word, though she did stare up at the basket. Because of the angle, she couldn't quite see the baby anymore, but she could hear the young electric-type's soft cries as she presumably tried to escape the basket. It was pretty cute to listen to.

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 01:03 PM

Admin

"Withou' a fuss, eh? I dun know the meanin' of the words! " Dramatically to emphasize the point, the crab raised his big blue claws higher and circled them around each other, tiny pointed legs badgering the ground beneath him as he worked himself up for a fight. Someone had to fight him. It was the honorable thing to do. Surely these travelers were seeking glory on the road, and would hold a challenge to higher regard than this little cub who refused to fight without a bunch of words being exchanged first. "Put 'em up! Fight me!" He inched closed to the snake, but only a couple steps before staying in place. He wanted the snake to accept the challenge, not just rush in and attack.

The lion cub took one look at the group that he was challenging and sighed. "You'd challenge a family protecting a newborn? " Her voice was just a low moan, exacerbated with this idiot crab. Surely he'd notice the baby, now that she'd said something, and back down. Much as she didn't want to fight him herself, it seemed inevitable given the situation. You can't just attack a group protecting a baby. Or, 'challenge' as he would put it. The crab got more riled up by the comment. "'Eh?!? I ain't lookin' to be causin' harm or t' kill, ya hear? Only a quick battle. The lad best learn how to fight from a young age, but it ain't the bab that I be challengin'!"

The litleo looked incredulous. "You'd challenge a family protecting a newborn?" That was... way past the line of what was acceptable to her. How could he have such disregard for the well-being of one so young? If they fought now, they'd be using precious energy they might need to defend the creature later in their travels. It simply didn't make sense to waste the effort now on this nonsense. "Stand down, you idiot. They are just trying to move along." She growled, even as the crab moved to be directly in their path forward, insistent than the snake battle him.

"C'mon now, what do ya say? Let's have a good fight!"

a wild Litleo has appeared!
level similar to Venom ◒ female ◒ unnerve ◒ moves unknown
100% Health.

a wild Crabrawler has appeared!
100% Health.
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 05:29 PM

Temp

Venom could feel irritation burning underneath his scales and a guttural hiss escaped his throat. "(Are you that dense...?)" He asked, forcing his voice to be as non-confrontational as possible, however it was hard. Suddenly he felt feathers brushing his scales. He looked to see the duck with a gentle, if awkward smile. "(Hey. Don't let yourself get riled up by that dumb crab. You're better than all of us, remember?)" She soothed. Venom didn't want to admit it... But the words helped. He simply huffed at the crab. "(No. I am not going to fight you. I have better things to do.)" He told the Crabrawler firmly. He carefully angled his tail, just in case the aggressive water-type attacked the group anyways. This crab was being ridiculous... But no. He wouldn't give in. He didn't give in to those lesser than himself, and thus he would not accept the crab's challenge. He was the one who started fights, not the other way around.

Thankfully, the Litleo seemed to be intelligent, as predators were meant to be. She had some weird sense of honor, but Venom guessed that was to be expected from a different brand of predators, lesser than snakes. He hissed wordlessly again. "(I know how to fight! To me, there is no point in fighting unless my opponent ends up dead. But again, I have no interest in fighting with you. Unless you want me to kill you, because you won't get out of the way, then leave us.)" He threatened. The duck poked him in the side and he flinched, hissing at her angrily in response.

"(We're not looking for a fight.)" The much more passive water-type began. "(We're not going to fight you, just because you're pressuring us. The human is looking after a baby, and we're kind of in a hurry. There's no time to fight, and this fight would yield nothing except dead bodies.)" She explained, no doubts in her mind that Venom would do his best to live up to his threat, and shed the crab's blood until the hyper-aggressive crab was a motionless corpse.

Venom glared fiercely at the crab. "(You're not going to get your fight. Out.)" He hissed.

Ri noticed how the stupid crab didn't want to get out of the way. However, Sai and Venom were quacking and hissing respectively, in their corresponding calm and angry tones. As well, the Litleo present didn't seem too impressed with the stupid crab, brandishing his claws. Ugh, she assumed this was a problem that had to be resolved amongst pokemon. She tried to focus on the baby zebra in a basket in her arms. She sighed, looking down at the Blitzle, who met her eyes. Then immediately tore her gaze away, the tiny electric-type turned her whole body around, and tried once more to climb the walls of the basket. She only succeeded in slipping and losing her footing altogether. This was adorable. She really hoped the dumb crab wasn't a baby murderer.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Save Your Goodbyes FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Kaleidoscope a rf/hm based RP Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.