Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

As Terrene leaves behind
the long, dark nights, their minds turn to friendship and romance at the second annual speed dating! And don't miss out on the clover hunt or the poetry season. Our plot event, alpha & omega, is drawing closer to its end, but is still going strong for now.

Season

Spring will be here until
June. The rainy season begins in the tropical areas; the rest of Terrene begins to thaw and warm, shaking the chill of winter and creeping toward the heat of summer. Fairy and grass types relish in the season of rebirth and renewal!

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Add Reply
New Poll

Ink & Paint, Adventure
Kenos
 Posted: May 10 2018, 12:28 AM

Player

“Where… where am I…? Okay, yeah, I can see it’s a forest, but I mea—” Kendon stopped abruptly and looked around him. He was alone, but he could have sworn there had been someone else there a moment ago, someone he knew, someone he was close to. He was just talking to her — her, she was a her — and he had known she was there with a certainty that he now no longer possessed. Had he gone mad? No, he had heard her… Come to think of it, no, he hadn’t. He hadn’t heard her voice; rather, he had known what she would have said. And he had responded to it. Was this… usual for him? He couldn’t remember much about himself besides his name, but for some reason, her “voice” floated around inside his head. As much as he hoped he wasn’t crazy, the man only had this mystery female to identify himself with.

Or, so he had thought, until he realized there was a weird weight on the left side of his body. The immigrant peered into the inner pocket of his hoodie and pulled out a book and a pencil, the former of which was a lighter grey than the jacket it had just been removed from. This, he thought, was perfect. If this was a journal, then perhaps it could give him some insight about where he had come from or how he had ended up here. He quickly fanned through the pages, scanning for anything that could help him. Unfortunately, none of them provided the answers he was seeking. In fact, most of pages appeared to be transcriptions of conversations with the same person: a “Trixie”. Trixie must be the person I was talking to, he concluded; and, in repeating the name in his head, he knew it to be true. She must have been important to him, for him to have written so much about her, and he wondered upon the nature of their relationship—

He stopped, having come across a crude drawing of a fairy. It was Trixie. There wasn’t any indication, but he knew. He may no longer have all his memories, but one thing he did remember was that little winged people did not exist. Which meant, neither did Trixie. And, his talking to her? He might actually be insane. At the very least, extremely lonely. Didn’t he have a family? Or friends? It was sad more than anything. He flipped through the book, but there were only more pictures of the imaginary girl. He was so engrossed the drawings in the book that he failed to notice the large pair of oval eyes attempting to peep over the top. It wasn’t until one of the creature’s paws tried to pull the journal closer did Kendon realize it was there, resulting in him stumbling backwards in surprise. He landed hard on his rear, the volume still clutched in his hands. Seemingly unperturbed by the human’s reaction, the smeargle would pad forward and lean in to get a better look.

“Uh… hi there… “ Kendon began hesitantly, “D-did… You wanna see?”

In response, the pokemon sat down next to the man looked over the drawing. It made a low huff, a sound of approval, before looking up at the other. He turned the page, and the pokemon turned its attention back to the book. This carried on for some time, the smeargle studying the sketches, and the human flipping the pages, until the pair came to a piece of considerably higher quality than the rest. Unlike the ones that came prior, this one hadn’t been drawn in the journal itself— it looked to be printed on a separate piece of paper and taped onto one of the pages. The smeargle tilted its head, then glanced at Kendon with narrowed eyes.

“I don’t think I did this one,” he admitted, scratching his head in embarrassment, “I’m more of a writer than a drawer. At least, I think so. I don’t remember much. But you… do you paint?” He nodded at the pokemon’s colored tail pointedly.

The smeargle stood up, then walked over to a nearby patch of soil. Kendon followed suit, slipping the journal back into his jacket pocket as he climbed to his feet. The pokemon gripped its tail deftly, and began to drag it along the ground. Its strokes were slow, and deliberate, though from time to time the artist would deliver a succession of swift waves. A few times, it kicked dirt over a particular line it disliked, accompanied by an annoyed grunt. Several minutes passed as the pokemon painted, during which it ignored the human completely, focused solely on its work. He wasn’t bothered in the slightest — too often, he would also get lost in his own writing sprints. The smeargle finally took a step back and blinked at Kendon, indicating that he was now allowed to look.

“Is that— Oh my… wow…” the male stared at the blue form in front of him. It wasn’t much larger than himself, but the figure the strange pokemon had painted was, undoubtedly, a fairy. One leg crossed over the other, slightly raised, while her arms crossed behind her, arching her back ever so slightly. Each line flowed freely, almost naturally so, in such a way that the picture felt like a single, continuous motion. The only things that stood out were the fairy’s wings, which, to be frank, were a bit small, and a bit too defined. As if it had read his mind, the painter suddenly flashed a wide smile, and held his tail up higher. A small pool of water instantly swirled around its tip, flattening into a cross-like shape. The smeargle then swung its tail in a wide arc, throwing the shuriken at the work of art. Two more followed in its wake, and the three projectiles all struck the painted fey’s wings, splattering the blue liquid outward. As a result, the wings now had a more subtle tone to them, and seemed to almost shine.

“This is… amazing… You’ve captured her perfectly… Oh, come on, I think it looks like you,” Kendon shot over his shoulder, then frowned as he remembered there wasn’t anyone actually there. He wasn’t sure if he should fix that habit, or just accept it. It was harmless, as far as he knew. Regardless, he returned his attention to the artist, who was now looking quite pleased with itself (and its audience’s reaction). The foreigner stared at the pokemon for several seconds with a troubled look on his face. He stepped towards the smaller creature, kneeling down so that they were eye to eye. “Listen… I know we just met… but, I’m… I’m kind of in a pickle. I don’t know where I am or what to do with myself. My memories are gone. I’m… lost. But— this was fun, and, honestly, your painting is really… it really… it fills me with inspiration. So, er… do you mind helping me out a bit?”

The smeargle lifted its chin to bring its face closer to the human’s and sniffed carefully. Its free hand inched forward and pressed against his chest, at the exact spot where the journal hid away. Then, suddenly, it spun around, presenting the blue paw print on its back. Once it was certain Kendon had seen it, it turned around again, and brushed its tail across its left paw. The blue paint spread along its entire surface. It next walked around behind the boy and press its now wet paw against his jacket, leaving a matching stain. It wiped the remaining ooze on some grass near its feet, trotted back to its new partner’s front, and smiled at him.

“I… guess that’s a yes, then?”

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 13 2018, 08:21 AM

Temp

As the newly arrived man was making friends with the artistic Pokémon by his side, the life in the forest continued as usual. Though they were fairly close to the human village, there were still many wild Pokémon around, even if they weren't the strongest kind. Staying close to where the humans lived meant one had to either be able to defend themselves or find a way to live with them in peace. With this in mind, a certain Pokémon was strolling through the forest with a relaxed grin.

A ball of white and grey casually walked out from behind a bush and continued on, humming a cheerful melody and showing little interest or concern about the human. For better or worse, she had grown to trust them and did not expect to be hurt. This one man wasn't one that she was after this day, so the small creature was only hoping to walk past and head into the village.

But she suddenly halted and screeched in dismay just as she was passing the two. Togedemaru jumped backwards, rolling onto her round back and raising her feet. She tried to lean down and look at their bottom side, but her shape and the lack of neck made it impossible, so she only struggled for a moment, with her tiny feet waving in the air hopelessly, revealing blue marks from the still fresh paint to the human and his Pokémon.

Unable to look at the state of her own feet, Togedemaru stood back up and scanned the area. She noticed something blue drawn on the ground where she had only just stepped. It resembled a figure, though the part closest to her had just been adorned with a smudge in the shape of tiny footsteps. The hedgehog groaned and looked up at the human and the other Pokémon, identifying them as the likely cause of these strange, wet markings and, as a consequence, her distress.

"W-what is that?! There's something on my feet!" she complained in her usual squeaky voice, though she didn't expect the man to understand. She had no idea what the point of the thing on the ground was and she didn't even consider that her actions had ruined it. "I-it's your doing, no? Why did you get the ground wet?!"

@Kenos

a wild Togedemaru has appeared!
level similar to Smeargle ◒ female ◒ ability ◒ egg move / moves
what is happen

--------------------
[Formerly known as Rissi]

Sonia CastellTracker
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Jillian ColeTracker
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Kenos
 Posted: May 13 2018, 07:11 PM

Player

Both human and pokemon turned toward the source of the squeaking, although the two had very different reactions. The human, who was quite ignorant of the situation, gave a friendly smile to the rodent. The pokemon, who was most aware, gave a horrified yelp and ran over to its work of art. It fell to its knees as it caressed the ground, tentatively touching the smudged splotches. Abruptly, it spun and glared at the togedemaru. Stomping angrily over to the vandal, the pokemon would raise its tail up high and—

“Whoa whoa whoa, hang in there…” Kendon rushed in between the two pokemon, his palms raised to interrupt any confrontation. He quickly dipped his head to peek below his partner’s waist, then completed, “Boy? Boy. Hang in there, boy. (Quiet, Trix, it was the only way I could find out). Anyways, you two… no need to, er, start anything, okay? I’m sure… it was a misunderstanding. He didn’t intend to set a trap or anything, and… she? (Shut up). She didn’t mean to ruin you art. So let’s… ah. Good point. Let me…”

The smeargle smacked the human’s hand away and began to growl. He pointed at his opponent, then at Kendon, and then at the print on his own back. They were supposed to be partners, and fellow artists; why was he protecting some creature insolent enough to destroy his work? Especially one that had allowed the two of them to connect! He thought he had finally found someone who understood the importance of art, someone who saw its beauty like he did, but it seemed like he had been wrong. Otherwise, why else would the human be acting so?

This time, instead of speaking, the writer took out his journal and began scribbling on it. He did so quickly, lest the togedemaru became tempted to strike first. It took a few seconds, and once he was done he flipped the book around and showed the smeargle. It was a sketch depicting a fairy, surrounded by a human, a smeargle, and a togedemaru. Three lines extended from the fairy, pointing at each of the other beings. The smeargle, the live one, scrutinized it a little before letting out a small huff, defeated. The human was right: art was about connecting those who saw it, not dividing them. Well, fine, he would let the man have his way, though he was skeptical the hedgehog could be turned.

Kendon pointed at the togedemaru’s stained paws and, reluctantly, the smeargle summoned a water shuriken and held it in front of the rodent. He refused to look her in the eyes, however, not having forgiven her yet. Regardless, she would be able wash the paint off of herself if she should to do so. Meanwhile, Kendon had been sketching furiously in his notebook. Like he had done with the smeargle moments before, he knelt down and presented the wild pokemon with his drawing. It was by no means good, and several of the proportions were off, but he hoped the picture would placate the small creature.

“Art,” he tried to explain, holding the journal out, then pointing at the painting not far away, “Art.”

——

heckin wot m8 dont touch my artuser posted image

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 15 2018, 08:51 AM

Temp

As the taller Pokémon came closer in intimidating, heavy steps, glaring her down, Togedemary yelped in panic, taking a few steps back, her eyes fixated on Smeargle's face. She had only been complaining about some strange discomfort. She hadn't considered that she could be getting into more trouble by angering the other creature...

Fortunately, the human suddenly came to stand between them. The taller Pokémon halted, provoking a sigh of relief in Togedemaru, but then he proceeded to try and communicate by pointing his paw angrily. Togedemaru gulped nervously, wondering if the human was going to take his side after the painting Pokémon would get his message across. She stared at the human in anticipation as he suddenly started... Moving his hands over some flat object. Togedemaru's ears twitched with interest. She tried to focus on the human, but she shot a single shy glance at Smeargle and quickly proceeded to offer an awkward smile as she whispered, "L-let's not be hasty, okay?..."

Then the human turned the flat object, seemingly presenting it to his Pokémon. Togedemaru blinked with interest. What a strange way to communicate these two had. As the two focused on each other, she began sneakily looking around, waiting for a chance to run off... But then the other Pokémon offered her... Water? She knew water, it wasn't like that strange wet thing she had stepped into. Water could help, she supposed, but she still glanced at the human shyly, seeking support, before she stepped closer to Smeargle and dropped on her back, raising her feet and wiggling them into the water. She continued splashing them until she felt like they were clean, then stood back up and wiped her now clean but still wet feet on the ground. Well. This was turning out pretty well.

"T-thank you... And sorry..." she mumbled, looking down at the grass. She wasn't sure why she was apologizing, but somehow she had gotten the other Pokémon angry. Considering the size difference and Smeargle's advantage of having a human by his side, Togedemaru quickly got defensive about all this.

As the human presented the flat object to her, Togedemaru finally looked up, her eyes widening with interest. The strange object had markings that resembled... herself? At least this was the reflection she had always seen when she looked into a body of clear water. Her ears twitched again and she gave the human an enthusiastic smile. He then repeated some simple sound and she figured he was just saying it was his name.

"Nice to meet you, Art!" she chirped, her voice getting more cheerful now that they were doing introductions. That meant they were friends now, right? She stepped closer and tried to rub herself against the human's leg affectionately.

@Kenos

--------------------

Sonia CastellTracker
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Jillian ColeTracker
PM
^
Kenos
 Posted: May 15 2018, 11:13 PM

Player

Kendon let out a huge sigh of relief as everything worked out. He hadn’t realized it then, but his heart had been beating abnormally quickly. Whatever he had just done, it wasn’t something he did normally; even if he couldn’t remember that, his body seemed to, almost quivering from the excitement. But when the togedemaru began to nuzzle against his leg, it all disappeared — leaving behind only a warm calm. He smiled in return, petting her gently on her head and behind her ear. Between this and his bonding with the smeargle, the recent amnesiac was starting to feel at peace and, unexpectedly, happy.

His partner, on the hand, was not quite as enthusiastic. He stared at the other two’s interaction, not sure how to react. For some reason, it bothered him, and not just because the rodent had walked all over his painting; he felt a strange possessiveness over the man, despite having only just met him. It could be their mutual appreciation for the arts, but the pokemon couldn’t help but feel there was something more to it. He wanted… he felt compelled to protect the boy. A work can reveal a lot about its artist, and the drawings of the winged human in that book… it all felt very lonely. It was the kind of art one drew to fill some inner void. The smeargle wasn’t sure he would be able to heal it on his own.

“…His name’s not Art.” The Painter Pokemon was clearly speaking to the hedgehog, although he kept his gaze pointed toward a spot above and behind her. “Art is what you rui— what you stepped on. Though… you didn’t mean to. Sorry.” The smeargle shifted uncomfortably before finally looking at the togedemaru directly. His body was stiff, but his eyes were genuinely remorseful; it was likely apologizing wasn’t something the creature did often. Although initially aloof, once he turned his attention to the Roly Poly his expression brightened with interest.

“Those markings… that’s an interesting pattern. Were you born like this?” Without waiting for a response, he began to circle around the other pokemon in an attempt get a full picture. “Fourteen triangles… is that standard? And they’re all equilateral. Juxtaposed with the roundness of your body… Not to mention the colors! Yellow and brown, light and dark, scattered across a neutral grey… Seemingly abstract, but so deliberate at the same time… So amazing…”

“I’m glad you guys are getting along,” the human stated, amused, as the beagle continued his muttering, “I’m… I’m Kendon, by the way. I don’t think I mentioned it before… Um. So— Yeah. You’re a cute one, aren’t you?” He laughed, quietly, and briefly, as he watched the two pokemon.

——

rodent is art?!user posted image

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 18 2018, 05:06 PM

Temp

Togedemaru smiled gratefully as the human returned her affection. Though he wasn't one of the humans that usually fed her in the village, he was still nice. The rodent hadn't experienced any issues with humans, so she was naturally trusting to them. They usually seemed willing to offer her food in exchange for smiles or physical affection and that worked out well for her.

Her ears twitched curiously as the other Pokémon corrected her. If this man wasn't called "Art", then she had no idea how to figure out what his name was... It wasn't like she would be able to call his name in the human language anyway, but at least she would be able to tell him apart from the other humans she knew. Togedemaru took another glance at the ground markings that she had supposedly ruined. She hadn't intended to, as implied by how surprised she had been to get her feet dirty, but now that she was calming down, she was starting to realize that she wasn't the only one in distress here.

"Yes... I'm sorry too," she answered, softly and sincerely, her ears dropping slightly. But all of a sudden the other Pokémon began circling around her and saying so many strange words. Togedemaru stood still, her mouth twisting in an awkward grimace as she allowed the bipedal creature to scan her. She wasn't sure what to do or say. Were those things he was saying... compliments? Or was he secretly insulting her? Was she supposed to respond? Even as Smeargle said it was amazing, she hesitated. "Um... Thank you, I think. Yes, I do believe I was born this way..."

She looked up at the human in search of support and he said something in his own language, which was just about as understandable as Smeargle's analysis. But before Togedemaru could react, a dismayed cry sounded nearby. She turned around at once, with eyes wide open, as a series of light footsteps, accompanied by the rustling of leaves, grew closer and closer. And she could swear she recognized that voice...

"Meowth!" Togedemaru gasped as a cream colored cat came dashing on all fours. The feline shrieked in panic, shooting her a short glance, but not even slowing down as it ran past them, heading toward the human village, a lot like Togedemaru had tried before. Meowth at least managed to avoid ruining Smeargle's drawing any further.

"Got you! There's no escape, cat!"

Meowth came to a sudden halt as a tiny bird swooped down in front of her, hovering on the cat's level. The panicked cat looked back only to see a nearly identical bird catch up to her. The two Fletchling glanced at each other victoriously.

"I-I didn't know it was your territory! I meant no harm, promise!" the cat tried diplomacy, realizing in defeat that it was one of the few options left.

"Yeah, right! You were trying to eat us! We know your kind!"

"Stupid cat! This time we'll show you!"

"Yeah! We'll teach you a lesson! Idiot cat!"

The two birds continued hovering over Meowth, cawing their insults provocatively. The cat meowed miserably, hiding her face in her paws, shivering in fear.

"O-oh no. My friend is in trouble!" Togedemaru squeaked, glancing at Smeargle and the human before pointing to the scene and bouncing up and down a few times. She knew Meowth wasn't a fighter... Just like her. They wouldn't be able to stand their ground against even these two tiny birds... Because they at least acted confident. And likely had a flock of friends.

@Kenos

Muh friendo! D':

a wild Fletchling has appeared!
level slightly higher than Smeargle ◒ female ◒ ability ◒ #812405
Birds against cat bullies. Using Growl on Meowth

level slightly higher than Smeargle ◒ male ◒ ability ◒ #813b00
Birds against cat bullies. Using Growl on Meowth

a wild Meowth has appeared!
level slightly lower than Smeargle ◒ female ◒ ability ◒ #e3b883
Cats against being bullied. -2 attack

--------------------

Sonia CastellTracker

Jillian ColeTracker
PM
^
Kenos
 Posted: May 19 2018, 01:37 AM

Player

As soon as the feline burst from the undergrowth, Kendon’s eyes shot up in surprise. He stared, curious, and thought it and odd sight for a cat to be chased by two birds. The smeargle, conversely, was too focused on studying the togedemaru to notice the commotion. It wasn’t until his model began jumping up and down and shouting that he finally turned away. He simply blinked back in response, as if questioning what the hedgehog wanted him to do about it. The meowth wasn’t his friend. Though, he supposed the scene would make a pretty picture. He’d have to file it away amidst all his other inspirations.

The human was much more empathetic, instantly making to scoop up the togedemaru as gently but swiftly as he could. Regardless of whether she allowed him to do so or not, he would then run over to the three other wild pokemon. “Come on!” he shouted over his shoulder, rushing past the first fletchling and stopping beside the meowth. The smeargle let out an exasperated huff, then slowly trod after him. He gave a brief nod to the bird as he passed it, then stood on the opposite side of the cat. He raised his tail-brush at the opposing flying type — half-heartedly so — and waited for his trainer’s next command.

“Okay, everyone, no need to get worked up,” Kendon began, in a similar stance as he had been in only moments before (though, one arm would keep hold of the Roly Poly pokemon if she had let herself be picked up), “Let’s all just… calm down… okay? (Well, I don’t know! Maybe they can hear my tone?) Um… Shoot… (Yeah, yeah, I’ll think of a name later)… Buddy?”

The immigrant looked at the smeargle for help, motioning toward the fletchling with his chin. The pokemon looked back with perplexed eyes. His human really was a piece of work. First, he had gotten between him and the togedemaru — rightfully so, but he would never admit it — and now, he was getting involved with some random cat? He couldn’t wrap his head around how someone like himself, another artist, would even think about getting involved with creatures who didn’t appreciate beauty like they did. Sure, he’d admit that some had potential to inspire, like the togedemaru’s patterns, but artists were supposed to view them from afar, not make themselves a part of the illustration.

Still, the debate could wait; he could hardly get answers now, in the middle of an altercation. So, for now, he decided to play along. “…I don’t thing the big human appreciates your attitude. Personally, I couldn’t care less, but I’d feel immensely guilty if he got hurt when I could have helped. Besides, he’s shown interest in my passion, so the least I could do is respect what he’s passionate about— which, at the moment, seems to be protecting this Meowth. So, unless you’d like to become my next art project, I suggest you kindly back off.”

A serious look on his face now, the smeargle raised his tail up slightly higher and summoned a water shuriken above it.

——

Really, human? ughhhhhh adlfkjadfhuieh fine.user posted image

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 21 2018, 11:50 AM

Temp

As the human reached for Togedemaru, she jumped backwards, startled, avoiding being picked up. She looked up at him apologetically, almost as if saying it wasn't anything personal. She could see that was trying to carry her somewhere and likely had no ill intentions, as he hadn't shown any violent behavior yet. Still, allowing a stranger to grab her was a big step and she chose to be careful about it.

The two birds continued their cawing and Meowth continued her panicked whimpering, until the human came to stand between them protectively. Togedemaru was watching from the back, playing with her hands nervously as she was waiting for the outcome. Too afraid to step in herself, the hedgehog could only hope for the safety of everyone she cared about.

Meowth only peeked at the human momentarily, welcoming the arrival of someone who wasn't trying to attack her with relief, but she chose to continue cowering in fear. The Fletchling looked at each other communicatively before they glared down at the human. The bipedal Pokémon followed the human's footsteps, stepping in between them and the cat. The birds barely listened to what it had to say. Even if it sounded uninterested in the entire thing, they didn't appreciate any interruptions. They moved closer, both at once, leaving Meowth be and hovering over Smeargle instead. Their angry caws continued, changing only slightly.

"What's your problem?! Can't you see we're busy here?! You stupid... thing!"

"Yeah, what are you even?! Some kind of a... dog?"

"Hey, check out his tail! What's wrong with that? Are you threatening us?!"

"Pff, who do you think you are? You lookin' for trouble?!"

"Yeah, I bet he is! Stupid dog thing! Ugly! Human slave! Stupid!"

"Hey, you've already said stupid."

"Well, he was probably too stupid to understand the first time!"

Togedemaru winced, still keeping to the back. The birds were now targetting her new friends, which was just as bad, considering Meowth wasn't going to move anywhere while those birds were still around. She felt like she needed to do something...

@Kenos

Umm....

level slightly higher than Smeargle ◒ female ◒ ability ◒ #812405
Birds against Smeargle bullies. Using Growl on Smeargle

level slightly higher than Smeargle ◒ male ◒ ability ◒ #813b00
Birds against Smeargle bullies. Using Growl on Smeargle

a wild Meowth has appeared!
level slightly lower than Smeargle ◒ female ◒ ability ◒ #e3b883
Cats against being bullied. -2 attack

--------------------

Sonia CastellTracker

Jillian ColeTracker
PM
^
Kenos
 Posted: May 22 2018, 06:44 PM

Player

While the smeargle had initially felt indifferent toward the angry birds, his attitude changed completely upon hearing their insults. First, they called him stupid — him, stupid! He was an artist. A creator. He took normal things and made them beautiful, and transformed what was already beautiful into something new. He saw what other pokemon, and humans, couldn’t. That was the farthest thing from stupid! Then, they had the gall to spite his tail, the instrument with which he made that scenes in his head a reality. Truly, they were the stupid ones if they failed to comprehend that. But, worse than all of that, the tiny flying rats had called him ugly. A human slave. The Painter could keep his anger in no longer.

“This is my brush! And I am a slave only to my art!” he roared, charging at the one who called him ugly. He let his water shuriken fly at it, then simultaneously began swiping at the fletchling with his tail to coat it blue. He would continue his attack, alternating between water shuriken and painting, until the bird flew off or he was stopped. “You want ugly? I’ll show you what ugly looks like!”

“Okay, I guess that’s a no on the calming down thing,” Kendon muttered, as he moved forward to help his partner. He couldn’t imagine what made the smeargle this furious when he had been so disinterested only moments before. It wasn’t the most ideal outcome, but the immigrant was not going to let either pokemon, least of all his companion, get ganged up on.

Making sure to stay in front of the meowth, the man would swing one leg at the other fletchling, after which he’d have one of his arms follow. His movements were awkward and graceless, and Kendon didn’t put his full weight behind them; he didn’t want to harm the pokemon much, just enough to scare them away. He did his best to stay out of the smeargle’s way as well, as the wild swinging of his tail was sending paint flying everywhere.

I hope the other pokemon is okay, the human thought, while trying to maintain focus on the scuffle. He hadn’t taken it personally when she had jumped away from his hands. He was a stranger, after all. He had just been worried the fletchling might be tempted to attack her while she was alone, but with her out of the way their opponents might not even notice her. Plus, it freed up his movement, which he unexpectedly needed when his artist friend had done the exact opposite of calming down. On the bright side, the two of them would no doubt be able to handle a couple of birds… right?

Spoiler (Show/Hide)

gurl no you didn'tuser posted image

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
Save Your Goodbyes FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp Pokefalls Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.