Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in conflict. Beta is asking for spies to infiltrate Omega's camp, while Dentelle simply wants to inquire after the scientist's progress. Later in the season, Beta is hosting his annual crater city tournament, where people can test their Pokemon and their leadership and strategies against one another.

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Closed
New Poll

Housing for Those Not Near Trees, Mainly for Crater City and Oasis Village
Chaos
 Posted: Feb 1 2017, 12:27 PM

Player

So I was thinking what kind of houses would be there for Crater City, considering the fact that they're nowhere near the forest and are located in Lion's Plains. Then it occurred to me that they could possibly have sod houses, like pioneers when they tried to make their home out west. The sod would be enough to keep them warm in the winter time and is pretty abundant. Maybe there would be some stone houses too mixed with the sod, but I think that would be rarer.

I think the housing for Crater City would be dugouts mostly. Just use an area where there's plenty of sod, make a flat dirt area for the floor that's dug out, as the name implies, then use sod to make bricks and created the building. Of course, they would constantly need repairs if the weather disagrees with them, especially rain.

As for housing in Oasis Village, I was thinking they could be adobe houses like Native Americans that live in the desert. They could use mud brick to build their houses from the ground up. The mud brick would be created through molds while they use clay to seal the houses up. I suspect that the Desert Strip isn't all sand and that they would be able to build their homes using mud brick and clay.

Since they they're close to the ocean where there might be palm trees, they could potentially have wooden houses, but I think those would be rarer. Maybe they could use the nearby plants to thatch their roofs with, but I feel like mud bricks would get the job done better than whatever local plant there is.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Feb 1 2017, 12:39 PM

Admin

We actually have this already figured out for the most part, it just isn't pretty-fied and posted in the info topics yet. :3 Mud/adobe bricks will be used for both cities. Except for some of the highest ranking officials in Crater, who may have wood houses because they wanna be fancy and they have more resources that would allow them to bring in wood.

So I'll have to give 1 PP for this suggestion!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.