Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in conflict. Beta is asking for spies to infiltrate Omega's camp, while Dentelle simply wants to inquire after the scientist's progress. Later in the season, Beta is hosting his annual crater city tournament, where people can test their Pokemon and their leadership and strategies against one another.

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Finally., [Adventure] [Travel]
Jani
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 03:41 PM

Admin

@Kaien

Brenton still didn't know exactly what to make of the random lady that had approached him in the forest. He settled for giving her a bit of the side-eye as he decided to busy himself with his few belongings, listening as she spoke. He seemed to puff up ever so slightly at her praise, but then scowled and tried to push the odd rush of pride away. He didn't need her approval; who was she to him? Nobody!

"The mountains," he repeated, his eyes glazing over slightly as he tried to remember what mountains were, and what they looked like. Big, right? Yeah, the word mountain made him think of something big and tall and far away. "Sounds cool! I've never been outside this forest." And the way she said missing information made it sound like she was going on some long, daring adventure, with mysteries and riddles and stuff! He bounced on the balls of his feet a bit, the very idea of it filling him with childlike glee and excitement, though he calmed a bit as the conversation returned to him.

"Yeah, Ears and I stay away from the city. There's too many people. And big people like to boss around little people." He paused to squint saltily at the ground in front of his feet, before speaking again as he returned to shuffling through his stuff. "So, we live out here. Not usually so far away from the city, though, but I had a good feeling that my traps would find some good food out here."

He slid the strap of his small, worn bag over his shoulder and stood up. Speaking of his traps, he should probably go check on them, but... He wanted to hear more about this adventure that the lady was going on.

He tried to play it cool, though.

"I never heard of any mountains, or people who live it mountains." He said, shuffling his feet and side-eyeing Leona for a moment as he tried to bait more story out of her, though eventually he turned to face her straight-on once again. "How do you know where they are?"

//Haha, a flamethrower!// The Chimchar was both delighted at the praise and amused at the thought of his embers turning into a giant flamethrower. He rolled onto his back and giggled. //I could cook the whole Scolipede by myself! Hehe!//

The Chimchar straightened up and turned himself toward Jolteon. //I've never seen one of you before, though. Can you make fire?//

a trainer has appeared!
Brenton ◒ Ears the Chimchar ◒ #993300
Smokey the Ursaring would not approve.

a tame Chimchar has appeared!
level slightly higher Jolteon ◒ male ◒ ability unknown ◒ ember ◒ #ff751a
95% health, but tired from all this training.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kaien
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 02:30 PM

Admin

1027 words - 'Bout Time to get moving...
The glazing over his eyes as he tried to think of what mountains were was... all too familiar to the woman. If she had been anyone else, she probably wouldn't have even noticed the momentary lapse, but it was something she dwelled on often. The missing memories of different things, that puzzled her so. She knew that somewhere in her mind, that knowledge was dwelling, waiting, just out of reach. Every single day the thoughts plagued her mind, and she furiosly sought to avoid them, to busy herself with other things and work through her shuffled emotions, little by little rather than head on.

Sometimes she wondered if these would consume her.

Her mind quickly returned as the boy mentioned that it sounded cool. He seemed genuinely excited by the prospect of it. Clearly he didn't have the same motivations for wanting to go as she deep. No deep seeded terror haunting him day and night as he thought about why this had happened. The peace of it, the pure and idle joy of the unknown. It comforted her, while simultaneously panging a bit of annoyance. Was she the only broken one? Surely others in her place would be - are just as messed up, if not more.

"Neither have I. The forest has been my home since I got here. Though, I'll admit I've been staying in the city rather than being out here in the wilds like you." She smirked, remembering the annoyance of having to actually interact with people on a daily basis. "Trust me, you aren't missing much. Too many people that like to talk too much." She mostly stuck to the forest, running along the edges and weaving through the tree with her Jolteon, and sometimes Max. Well, that was in the past, but she did wonder if he still did that without her. Would his parents even let him, without someone to protect him?

She nodded to his comment about the traps. It was impressive, honestly, that this kid had come out this far and been living on his own, trapping his food and surviving with just a couple small pokemon. That was how she wanted to live, and here he was doing it. Well, it was how she was going to live, now that she didn't have a child always trying to tag along with her. "Yeah I imagine you're right. The further away from the people, the more likely you'll be to catch some good meat. They don't seem to like staying near the city much. With good reason." It was a death wish to be so near a population of creatures ready to hunt and kill.

The boy asked how she knew where they were - it was a fair question. One to which she visibly shrugged. "I just follow the word. The one good thing about living in the city was that you met a lot of people with a lot of knowledge. Told me to head north. In that, I would reach something call the Plains, and further north across from that I'd find the Rolling Mountains. Once I'm there, I have to head deep in and find the large, towering mass of land in a sea of hills, apparently." Her speeach almost colored the scene well, but she did it unintentionall. In truth, she was actually a little bubbly about getting to travel and going to new places. It was nice to get out of the norm finally.

"From what I understand, there's some guy in the mountains, and he has some followers. They are working on a big research project that has something to do with us immigrants. The specifics are a mess, because people turned the actual story into a million trails of gossip, but it's interesting enough to gain my curiosity. I figured I'd check it out, see for myself what's going on." Leona wasn't sure what was being accomplished by chatting with this boy about it, but it wasn't doing any harm. Still, time was passing and she really needed to make as much progress as she could before camping for the night.

"You could! No bug would ever dare to stand up to you then. Not even a scolipede!" They were extremely weak to fire, after all. It made sense that they would avoid it, much as she tried to avoid rocks or deserts for the same purpose. Not a whole lot of static to collect in areas with a lot of those. "Nah, no fire. My kind make electricity." Jolteon shook out her fur, the condusive hairs rubbing up against one another. They sparked here and there, a couple actually flashing a bit of light from the amount of electricity being gathered. "I can make it collect and fire in a big shock too, but I don't have anything to hit right now."

Leo was glad the two pokemon seemed to be getting along, but it wasn't going to last. This was just a blip on the journey, and they couldn't hold up talking to these two forever. "Well, much fun as it's been, we really should be pushing on." It was oddly nice to talk to this little brat, despite her insistence that being alone was always better. It brought back the few scarce good memories she had, so she was feeling particularly sentimental at the moment.

What a dangerous feeling to have.

"So, we'll be off. Gotta make it to the mountains sometime this season after all." She whistled and waved the jolteon over, the fox nodding at the chimchar and saying 'cya' before trotting over. "I mean, I can't stop you if you wanted to tag along, but unless you do, I gotta cut the conversation short. I'm not going to tell you to stay or go. I'm not your mother." She smirked again, sparing a final glance before turning to start walking off, curious as to whether the boy would speak up and want to tag along or would simply remain here in the forest. Either way it ended up, she'd adapt. She always did.

Jolteon - female
81% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 07:42 PM

Admin

@Kaien

The Chimchar watched the Jolteon show off her static. He seemed to be clearly enamored by the display. //Oh, they look like tiny, tiny fires!// He commented, leaning closer to try and see them better. Then he began to look around for something that could be used for a target. He needed to see those sparks used in an attack! But before he could, the Jolteon's human began pulling away; the Jolteon following, of course. Ears sort of hemmed and hawed and pushed the moist soil of the jungle around with his heels. He didn't want his new friend to go, but... it wasn't really his place to decide, was it?

Brenton himself wasn't as obviously disappointed as his Chimchar was when Leona stated that they had to be on the move, but he did feel a twinge, which he thought was a bit weird considering how their interactions had began in a not-so-friendly manner not more than ten or so minutes prior. Her words briefly sparked a battle within him. He could follow her, travel into the mountains that seemed to mysterious and interesting, searching for some unknown wizard man that maybe knew some secrets that this lady wanted to know.

He considered it. He considered it very seriously.

But this forest was his home. And it would continue to be his home, for at least a little while longer. Besides, even if he did want to leave... he'd have to prepare. Check and gather his traps, kill any caught Pokemon and cook them into something edible... Naw, he couldn't follow the girl.

Didn't mean he couldn't travel to the mountains later, though.

"Oh. 'Kay. Bye, um, good luck in the mountains. Maybe I'll come later!" His farewell was brief and awkward- he didn't really know how to interact with other people very well, especially not people that he actually sort of, maybe, kind of liked.

Ears gave a farewell to the Jolteon as well, and then the pair watched their newfound not-quite-friends continue their journey northward for just a moment, before Brenton began to gather his things. He did have traps to check, after all.

(I rolled to see if Brenton would follow... gave it about a 50% or 60% chance and I rolled a NINETY. Jeez RNG, fine, I'll leave the adorable survivor boy behind. >_>)

Unfortunately for alone-is-best Leona, Brenton wouldn't be the last person she'd see today, despite the fact that she was pressing deeper into the forest and further away from civilization. And the next person she'd find wouldn't have the same advantage of sentimentality, as the grown man she was about to discover was, well, a grown man and not a young boy.

And yet it seemed that it was the grown man ahead of her, and not the young boy behind her, that was perhaps in over his depth and in need of some assistance.

They'd only walk perhaps a mile further before they'd hear the first sign of trouble. The cacophony of sounds would likely be heard by Jolteon first, given that Pokemon tended to have better hearing than humans. There was only one human voice in the mix; the rest was the shouting of Pokemon, and most dominantly, birds. Many birds.

Assuming the two of them went toward the sounds- which were actually coming from the direction they were headed, actually, just a bit further ahead along the faint path that connected Ashfield and Crater- they'd soon see a man and his Pokemon, a young grass-type, under assault by a flock of misfit birds. The tame creature was putting up an admirable fight, but was clearly already losing in the face of superior numbers and type match-ups.

The trainer- a tall, gangly, blue-eyed redhead dressed in dingy blue pants and jacket with a bright green shirt beneath- was fussing with a very large, laden backpack, struggling to pull something out. After a final heave, a long whip was produced and immediately put to work, whapping at the birds that had so suddenly and violently assaulted him and his Pokemon. His face was read with both fury and blood, as beak and claw wounds on his scalp oozed red liquid down his face, which he ignored in favor of focusing entirely on aiming and striking with his whip. He shouted incoherently, apparently unable to actually form words when he was in such a rage.

"Ssaaaauuu!" The small plant-dinosaur cried out in pain as a beak raked across his nose and cheek.

"Raauuurrggggh- YOU! HELP!" The man interrupted his own war-cry with a demand, apparently having become aware of Leona's presence, though he spared her no more than half a glance before he was once again focused on driving the birds away, his whip cracking as he flicked and flung it about expertly.

challenge!
Kaien has been issued and has accepted a challenge! This challenge is to somehow resolve this conflict between the NPC Jeff and the flock of wild bird Pokemon, through violence or whatever means Leona and Jolteon so desire. Kaien, in your next post you have full control of the NPC, his Pokemon, and all the birds: their stats are listed below. Jeff's personality can basically be summed up as: quiet, anxious, and uncertain, but with a little bit of hidden fire and a lot of persistence and patience. The personalities of the Pokemon are up to you to write as you see fit.

a trainer has appeared!
Jeff ◒ Foam the Bulbasaur ◒ Leather whip ◒ #EA8C56
Eck. >:U

a tame Bulbasaur has appeared!
level 7 ◒ male ◒ overgrow ◒ ENDURE, Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed ◒ #17B890
55% health, halp >:X

a wild Pidove has appeared!
level 4 ◒ female ◒ super luck ◒ LUCKY CHANT, Gust, Growl
100% health, attack!

a wild Pidove has appeared!
level 4 ◒ male ◒ rivalry ◒ LUCKY CHANT, NIGHT SLASH, Gust, Growl
100% health, attack!

a wild Ducklett has appeared!
level 5 ◒ female ◒ Hydration ◒ water gun, water sport
65% health, attack!

a wild Farfetch'd has appeared!
level 3 ◒ male ◒ Inner Focus ◒ Brave Bird, Poison Jab, Peck, Sand Attack, Leer, Fury Cutter
80% health, attack!

a wild Rufflet has appeared!
level 4 ◒ male ◒ Keen Eye ◒ Peck, Leer
100% health, attack!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kaien
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 01:19 PM

Admin

2847 words - /flops in victory over this post

While the company wouldn't have been terrible, it wasn't a bother that the boy would stay behind. As she headed off, she waved an arm up as a final goodbye, the Jolteon taking final glance back as she padded alongside her partner. They pushed forward, and she released a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. It's not that she was relieved he wasn't coming, it's just that she'd been anxious about getting an answer either way. The wait hadn't been long at all, but it wasn't like she'd done anything like this before. She was confident that little ball of fire would continue to survive out here.

And hey, maybe they would meet again later on.

Either way, moving on was a good thing. She really just wanted to get to the plains, so that she could finally see something that wasn't this forest. The both of them started running at an even pace once again, pushing forward and weaving through the plant life as they increased speed, a small smirk appearing on the woman's face as she spared a glance at the fox. They pushed forward as long as they could, hoping that the rest of their travels could be as peaceful and smooth as the first day.

Unfortunately, easy just wasn't in the cards for her today.

It was the Jolteon's ear twitch and slight double pace in her steps that alerted Leona first something was ahead, waiting for them. Oh bother. After a couple moments she started to hear the noises as well, one the voice of a human. And it didn't sound pleasant either. She took a deep breathe as she ran, the both of the picking up speed to go investigate. Leo wanted to just swerve by and leave the guy on his own, but something in her wouldn't let her just leave without at least looking to see what was going on. Jolteon certainly seemed curious, shooting ahead a bit - and she'd be lying if she didn't say her own curiosity wasn't sparked.

They stumbled upon... quite the scene. There was a flock of angry, misfit birds fluttering around and attacking a man and his pokemon. The tall redhead was bleeding, his face and body cut up from the sudden assault by the avians. But, Leona held respect for him as he pulled out a whip, willing to battle for his survival alongside his pokemon, rather than leaving the entirety of the burden on the little pokemon. Who didn't seem to be doing entirely well in this fight either. It's attacks didn't seem to do much against the birds, but it was definitely putting forth its effort, crying out as it took another blow.

The man spotted her quickly - keen senses she could certainly appreciate, in a different situation - and called out, demanding for her help. Well, a demand or a request. It was short, loud, and certainly could have a commanding feel. But given the situation he was in, it wasn't like he had the time or energy to spare on pleasantries. Jeff pulled back his arm and unleashed the whip, the birds scattering away from it. But their dodge did allow a second reprieve, which the man used to pull back his arm to aim another strike of his weapon, the bulbasaur preparing another attack.

Leo barely took a moment to think about it, muttering curses under her breath as she pulled out her dagger, dashing in with the Jolteon a few steps in front of her. The fox's fur was lighting up with electricity, already charging her first attack as they pushed in to aide this duo. She wasn't sure how she was becoming this person who helps and saves other people. It wasn't intentional, and she certainly didn't want to be the person who jumps into action. Didn't want to be recognized as a 'Hero' or anything. But in the heat of the moment, the woman did as she always would: She followed her instincts.

As they ran in to join the fray, Ona's arm raised with her dagger, the man's whip lashed out once more, striking against the blue bird this time, who'd been diving in for another strike against the man. "Foam, now!" The bulb on the little dinosaur's back pulsed, as it shot out a series of seeds towards the bird that was still trying to recover from the whip strike. It fluttered its wings, escaping a couple of the seeds but 3 still hit their mark, immediately sprouting thin roots that wrapped and clutched onto the ducklett, causing it to quack loudly in alarm. The grass-type almost seemed to visibly relax a bit when it happened, but it wasn't to last.

The Farfetch'd started to move in towards the human with its reed wrapped in its wing, but it didn't make it far. Jolteon released the burst of electricity, the birds having focused on their targets rather than the new arrivals. The thunder shock met its mark, the bird screeching out as it was zapped. That certainly pulled the attention of the birds, the woman closing in on the closest pidove, slashing her dagger at it. It dodged out of the way and dived in, narrowly scratching its beak against her arm. She used the opportunity while it was close to smack it, causing the pidove to fall to the ground. The fox followed up with a tackle, crashing into the bird that she'd knocked down.

The man's whip lashed at the second pidove, causing it to abandon its attempt to dive in on the woman in order to dodge the strike. But with the others all occupied, the rufflet's beak tearing into her upper right arm. Nothing fatal or too injurious, but enough to cause her to grunt, holding back the shout that anyone else would have released. It started bleeding, but the wound was shallow - It would't restrict her arm movement or ability to fight, but she needed to be more careful. These birds were definitely out for blood. Whatever caused them to become so vicious, she didn't care. They were going to die.

The pidove on the ground and the ducklet were recovering from their attacks and moving once more. The bulbasaur crashed into the pidove, keeping it from getting back into flight. The ducklett collected and fired off a stream of water at the grass-type, but the stream quickly weakened a bit as the seeds lurched, drawing more energy from the creature. The farfetch'd started to move once more, lurching towards the jolteon who was collecting electricity once more. It brought the reed down time and time again, in a flurry of quick strikes. It got a good 4 hits in before the fox got out of the way.

The man and woman moved in tandem, Leona launching at the farfetch'd with her dagger and Jeff using his own weapon against the second pidove, who'd been trying to attack him. The whip and dagger both met their marks, the screeches of pain joining the chaos. Her dagger tore into the left wing of the bird, who'd barely finished its attack on the fox she called her partner. The whip lashed against the pidove's chest, causing it to falter in its attack in order to keep itself flying, so it wouldn't succumb to the same limitation of mobility as its partner.

Jolteon's charge of electricity released out, shooting over to shock the water bird, who'd been left alone in this round of fighting before then, since her trainer was taking care of the bird that had attacked her. Of course, that left the rufflet free once more, the pokemon lurching back in for another attack at Leo. The woman had been ready though, spinning out of the way at the last moment. It was close, the edge of the bird's wings brushing against her side, as if to make the point well known. She was glad she dodged the attack, as this wasn't going to be an easy fight.

At least the two of them somewhat evened the odds a bit more.

The ducklett seemed down for the count, the seeds draining at it once again, and the bird falling off its feet. One down, four more to go. Not exactly promising, but she wasn't one to give up in the face of danger. The bulbasaur leaped and crashed into the rufflet, who'd been somewhat lower to the ground after having missed Leona. Jeff followed up his pokemon's attack with the whip, lashing out at the fluffy bird. He soon grunted as the pidove that had been on the ground got back in the battle, having been left alone long enough to get back at its wings.

The second pidove flapped its wings intensely, stirring up the wind into a small gust, the air rushing at them. It was pointed at Jeff, who paused from his whipping to throw him arm up protectively from the sharp gust. The other birds of the flock weren't bothered by the change of wind, and continued moving, and so she knew they needed to keep at it as well. The farfetch'd was headed towards the bulbasaur, but was intercepted by Jolteon using tackle against it, crashing into it and stopping its approach. The bulbasaur sighed of relief, its bulb pulsing again as new seeds burst forth, attaching to the farfetch'd.

The other pidove launched a gust attack at Jolteon, the fox standing her ground and charging up her electricity again. The wind was persisting, but Leona pulled around it and slashed at the bird with her dagger, the blade cutting through the feathers and into the flesh of the bird, causing its attack to cease and the bird to cry out. This brought the attention of the second pidove, who hesitated, allowing Jeff the opening he needed to thrust his whip at it. With both of the gusts stopped for the time being, they were able to move again, but the other birds were on the move as well.

The rufflet flew at the bulbasaur, trying to peck at the dinosaur. The grass type partially dodged, but was scratched by the bird's beak in passing. Jolteon followed up by releasing her electric attack, zapping the rufflet with Thunder Shock. The rufflet was the healthiest of them still, but the electricity was certainly taking its toll on the pokemon. They were all hurting and certainly not in the best shape themselves. They needed to try to wrap this up as soon as possible. Even though the fight hadn't really been going on very long, none in this group were very well-versed in drawn-out battles.

But they persisted nonetheless. The farfetch'd reached out with its reed again, flinching slightly as the seeds clenched and drained at its remaining energy. Soon after, the bulbasaur was dashing off, running at the rufflet that was hesitating after being zapped by the electric attack. Leaping into the air, Foam pulled off another tackle, crashing into the rufflet to deal more damage. And the others followed suit. The farfetch'd batted at the bulbasaur with fury attack, and Jolteon charged for another Thunder Shock, though was clearly looking pretty exhausted from the constant attacks.

Jeff used his whip to ward off the pidoves, though the one looked in much worse shape than the second, so he struck the first with his whip to continue working at bringing it down. Leona slashed her dagger at the Rufflet next, but it pulled out of the way of the attack just in time. Her slash went through air, but she was ready as it tried to retaliate, barely missing her hand as it tried to peck back at her. The fox released her lightning, striking the first pidove this time. The pidove dropped to the ground, still breathing, but struggling to stay conscious and likely not a huge threat in this fight anymore.

This caused the second pidove to shoot a gust attack at Jolteon, hitting the mark and visibly hurting the fox. Leona could tell that she was about to meet her limit - between the fight earlier and a long day of traveling, she was feeling the ache as well. They were both running on adrenaline now, and who knew how long the man and his pokemon would last. Well, just 3 left. They could do this! Bulbasaur crashed into the farfetch'd once more, and it stumbled from the blow. It had taken quite a few hits, and was moving very slowly now. Not quite dealt with, but less of a threat. It was down to the second pidove and the rufflet now.

Jeff whipped at the pidove, who aptly dodged the attack and used gust on him once more. Leona jumped in and slashed at the assaulting bird, stopping the attack but not landing the hit. She really needed to get quicker if she wanted to become a better hunter. The rufflet charged in and pecked the fox, who looked as though she was barely standing at this point. Though she pushed on, fueled by the adrenaline of, well, not dying. Also, she didn't want to imagine the idea of being bested by a bunch of birds. She quickly collected electricity once more and unleashed it on the rufflet, which was soon followed up with a tackle from the bulbasaur, effectively neutralizing that one.

With that one down, and the fox's energy spent, she struggled to stay standing and Leo realized she was done in this fight. The three of them would have to handle the other two. The pidove, however, saw the opening and started a gust attack, however Ona jumped in front and blocked the attack with her body, grinding her teeth as the sharp winds scratched at her bare skin. Jeff hesitated for a moment, as if in awe of what she did, before snapping back into it and unleashing his whip on the bird. The grass-type seeded it with leech seed, but was met soon with the farfetch'd attacking with Peck.

The little dinosaur faltered ad stumbled over, breathing fast and heavy while failing to get back on its feet. Leona dived in, throwing herself at the bird and landing on top of it. The bird flailed and tried to escape, Leo using her arms to try and restrain it. She angled her blade as they fought for control, eventually carving it into the bird. It wasn't a death strike, but it was enough to stop the pokemon from fighting back. Four down, and only one was left. It was just the humans and the second pidove, but it was outnumbered now, somehow.

For the moment, that didn't deter the bird. Whether it was courage, or simply a fuel for vengeance on its kin, the bird pulled up another piercing win at the humans, who both threw up their arms in defense. They spared a look at each other - both battered and bleeding, neither smiling - and there was a connection for a moment, as if they both knew what needed to be done. The both of them waited patiently as the winds raged at them, until the gust finally seemed to start to taper down. As soon as it was over, that would be their chance.

Once they could move without resistance once more, Jeff raised his arm and quickly, carefully launched the whip at the bird. In the same instance, Leona dashed forward towards the bird trying to pull its attention. In a bout of luck, the whip attack landed on the pidove, the creature having been split in attention and not sure who to dodge. It would have been able to move out of the woman's attack had it not been struck, but as it was she took advantage of the synchronized attack, slashing her dagger at the pokemon. It gashed into the bird in a luck shot, and the bird fell to the ground off the blade, still breathing but too injured to move.

They both breathed heavily for a moment, looking around at the spoils of their fight, ad spared only a glance at each other before turning to their pokemon, both of them pretty seriously wore down. She could feel her hair, tossed around and completely out of wack, a few scratches on her face stinging, but not as much as the wounds on her back and arms, both of which bleeding quite a bit. She stumbled and purposefully fell to her knees, careful of the dagger in her hand which she quickly leg go of on the ground. She ran her fingers silently through the electric type's fur, who'd laid down at the end of the battle to collect herself and rest a bit. It was a comforting motion, but calculating eyes searching for the injuries, making sure nothing was fatal. Once she was satisfied that they weren't she took her dagger and moved to deal the final blows to each of these birds.

After that fight? She would take immense satisfaction in ending them.

Jolteon - female
81% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 02:32 PM

Admin

@Kaien

Jeff went to his knees beside the Bulbasaur and, similar to Leona, checked the creature over for injuries. The red-eyed Pokemon heaved a sigh that sounded almost like a soft moan, and flopped unceremoniously to the ground, laying his body on the ground. "I get it," the man said, nodding his head along slightly as he finished his assessment of the Bulbasaur's physical health. "Don't sweat it, you did good." The lizard gave a grunt in response, and then the trainer recalled the grass-type into his pokeball.

Letting out a grunt of his own, the man grabbed up his whip and his backpack and pulled himself back up into a standing position, turning toward Leona as he did so. He watched her as he wrapped up his whip and then attached it to his belt, his eyes slightly narrowed. It was hard to tell if his expression was a judgmental one or merely a thoughtful one.

"That situation would have turned out a lot worse if you hadn't shown up." He stated very matter-of-factly, his voice low. He hefted his backpack- which looked to be quite bulging and heavy, though full of what was a stab in the dark- into his arms and began to sift through it, his lips moving as he mumbled to himself something about values and selling. His eyes flickered to Jolteon for a moment, but then he seemed to shake his head slightly. "Don't have any of those..."

"Take one of these, as my thanks." It sounded more like a command than an offer- he didn't seem to be very adept at holding conversation, apparently all of his sentences sounded like statements or demands, even when he was attempting to express gratitude. In his hand were what appeared to be two rocks- or more specifically, one rock and one gem. If Leona seemed hesitant or dubious, he'd reassure her by stating, "They are more useful than they might look. Or if you haven't use for them, they're valuable enough to sell for a good price, if you find the right merchant to sell to."

On close examination, one was a very traditional diamond-shape and had a nice pink hue that was partially transparent. It was a fairly small object, perhaps a fourth of the size of the man's palm. The rock was a bit larger, primarily gray, and had bluish crystals that appeared as if they were growing out of the rock's center. Though Leona might not know them by name, they were a Psychic-type Gem and a Damp Rock.

Jeff would shift his weight as Leona considered and selected her reward, if she chose to do so, uncomfortable with having another human's attention on him for a prolonged amount of time. As soon as Leona made her choice, or if she refused his offer, he'd simply nod and place the unchosen object back into his pack before swinging it heavily over his shoulders.

Then he would mumble something that seemed to be a farewell, and pull a map out of one of the pockets of his pants to study, leaving Leona to herself unless she had anything more to say to him.

encounter results!
Jolteon will gain +20 EXP from this huge fight (Jolteon gains two levels), and +2% loyalty for fighting alongside Leona, who didn't back down from her involvement in the fight despite the numbers and the persistence of their enemies, and even took an attack for Jolteon. Leona gains 5% combat EXP. Leona is also rewarded with a choice between a Psychic-type Gem and a Damp Rock.

a trainer has appeared!
Much thank.

20% health, returned.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kaien
 Posted: May 18 2018, 05:07 PM

Admin

1154 words - Let the bodies hit the FLOOR
[CW: Birb Murder - Slight graphic detail, Slight gore/blood]

Leona moved to the closest bird, which happened to be the rufflet at the moment. None of them were very far, but even the tiny movements of their chests signalling that they were alive but unconscious was too much to bear. She was not about to have any of them waking up and attacking them once again. She half-crawled towards the rufflet, positioning herself over it and trying to ignore the pain from her wounds. The blood pushing down her back and trickling on her arms was uncomfortable, and she knew she needed to clean them up soon, lest she lose too much blood or risk infection.

The man had checked on his bulbasaur, and sarted speaking to her, looking at her. She dragged her face around to look up at him, studying his wounds as well. Neither of them had gotten out of this unscathed, and he was definitely speaking the truth - If she and Jolteon hadn't come along and helped, he'd surely be dead right now. Which was honestly a relief, knowing that her decision to help was probably the best thing to do. She supposed knowing that someone would have died without her intervention was a positive.

"Don't mention it." She wasn't exactly much better with words or emotions than him, so she hoped he wouldn't press further into whatever he was trying to say. Was he expressing his gratitude? It sounded like it. After all, he was saying it would have been worse without her. Either way, he seemed to start focusing on his giant bag and she returned to her task. She carefully positioned her blade, gently placing the edge on the thin, fragile neck of the rufflet. It was, perhaps, thicker than other birds, but nonetheless avian bones were thin and easily breakable. Positioning one hand firmly on the grip, and placing the other on top of it, she pushed suddenly and harshly, the snaps of the bones coming apparent as the blade pressed into the flesh. Due to the way it was pushed and not drawn across, the dullish blade didn't break the skin, which was preferable. She was trying to avoid making it bleed out all over the place.

With that, she placed a couple fingers on the chest of the bird. She sat quiet and calm as she waited for any movement. If that hadn't done the trick, the chest would continue moving as the bird breathed. She waited a moment as the man started speaking again after having dug around in his pack, making sure there was no movement. Once she was confident it wasn't breathing, she refocused on Jeff. She turned and stood up, albeit slowly due to her injuries and pain, and looked towards him, and eyebrow quirking. There was a dribble of blood trailing into her eyebrow, though it wasn't pooled enough to go past that.

She took a few tentative steps to get closer, unsure why he was offering a reward. Well, she did kind of save his life, she supposed. In her own way, where she hadn't actually thought he might die. And Leona wasn't the kind of person to turn down a gift from someone. No matter the situation, it was good to have the item, so long as there weren't any strings attached. She looked at the objects curiosly, her eyes drawn to the clean gem first. The transparent pink diamond-like object was certainly worth her interest, but she had no idea what to do with it. Sure, she could sell it, but it had to have some functional purpose. Jeff didn't seem the sort to keep useless baubles around.

Though it was smaller than the other object being posed as an option. The dull grey rock was certainly not as pretty as the gem, but it had it's own allure. There were small blue crystals that looked to be growing from it. She couldn't be sure if the crystals were harvestable and regrowable, or if they would have any use if harvested, but it felt like the better option to her. Continuing to look between them, she couldn't help but notice Jeff shifting his weight, as if uncomfortable with her presence. She lifted the damp rock from his palm, careful not to touch his hand. She also didn't enjoy too much human contact if she could avoid it, but at least she wasn't as bad as this guy.

With her choice made, he mumbled something similar to a farewell. "Yeah, safe travels and all that. Hopefully we'll meet in less deadly circumstances next time." She smirked to herself, whether Jeff would see it or not didn't matter. He seemed focused as he unfolded a map, pulling it out to full length and studying it. She didn't mind him for the moment, moving to the other birds. If any of them woke up and called out to some friends, she wasn't sure they could handle it. She moved to next, the brown bird with the vegetable. Just as before, she positioned herself, and move the bird's wind to have a clear view of it's throat. Much as she was pissed at these dumb things, she wanted to make their deaths short and painless as possible.

Lining up the dagger to the thin neck once more, she pressed hard again, listening for the light cracking sounds of the bones beneath her hard weapon. She pressed two fingers to the pokemon's chest, waiting to make sure it stopped breathing. Once she was confident, she moved on, sparing a look back at the man, who seemed to still be here as he oriented himself with the map. Well, the silence was awkward. "It's Leona, by the way." Wow, really? "My name, I mean." She looked back down at her worked on the blue bird, lining up the blade once more and preparing. It was a little flustering having someone so close and possibly watching, but knowing he was there and just silent was weird as well.

Pushing the distraction from her mind, she pushed once again, heaving her weight into it to make sure it was a clean blow. The cracking followed, and she flinched as pain shot in her arm, her back still stinging from the pain. It was hard to push through, but she needed to deal with the enemies before she could rest. And they definitely needed the rest before they'd be able to continue. Ideally, she'd find a river nearby to help clean her clothes and all the blood. Her shirt was heavy and thick by this point, stained dark with blood in blotches around the torn fabric where claws had dug into her more intensely than other more accidental scraps. If, by now, he hadn't left, she'd speak up again to try to break the strange feeling she had from the silence between them. "So, where are you headed anyway?"

Jolteon - female
low% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Jani
 Posted: May 24 2018, 02:25 PM

Admin

@Kaien

(Damp Rock added! And day 2/3 compleeeeete)

At first it seemed as though the man didn't hear Leona's introduction- he simply continued staring at the map, eyes slightly narrowed and lips moving slightly and silently as he did so. Then he sighed heavily.

But as he folded up the map again and appeared to come back into reality, he managed a response about as smooth as Leona's: "Oh. Jeff. Uh, my name. Is Jeff." His gaze moved over to where she was working for only a moment, his expression blank, and then he pointedly looked away before answering her question.

"Ashfield. Have to sell the things I found in the mountain." He spoke as he turned his eyes upward, squinting at the failing light that trickled in through the rainforest's canopy. "Guess I won't get there tonight."

Jeff inclined his head toward Leona, then tucked his map into his bag before swinging the bag back over his shoulder. That was apparently as much of a farewell as Leona was going to get; he'd stay long enough to give responses to any questions or comments Leona might have, but it was clear from the way he shifted his weight that he wanted to get on the move again, and he'd soon be off moving in the direction that Leona had come from.

As for Leona, whether she set up camp immediately or chose to keep moving for a bit longer while the sun continued to set, she would not be disturbed in her activities as the late afternoon faded into evening.

a trainer has appeared!

20% health, returned.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 08:27 PM

Admin

2839 words - Skinning and plucking feathers for supplies!
[CW: Birb Murder, de-feathering, and descriptive skinning - Slight graphic detail, Slight gore/blood]

As the man turned to walk away, she was glad to at least have had his name. But it seemed he was headed in the opposite direction, and didn't want to break after that fight. She somewhat admired his stoic nature despite the pain and blood from the bird attack. But she wasn't going to stop him, and she certainly wasn't about to leave all of these bodies to rot. That would be such a waste of meat, after all. She couldn't possibly let that happen. And if he was leaving it all to her, she'd certainly accept the extra food.

Leona returned her focus to the birds. There were two more to finish off. She moved over to the first of the pidove's the pokemon's breathing quick and hurried, even as it was unconscious. Her eyes glanced over to Jolteon, who's breathing was a little slowly than before, but she was clearing struggling to take deep breaths as she laid on the ground. Her eyes trailed back to the pidove as she positioned the dagger. Just as before, she placed the blunt side of the dagger against the creature's neck. Then, she hefted her weight onto the blade and snapped the neck, the small but audible cracking making it clear.

She repeated the process with the other pidove. Once she was finished, she listened to both for heartbeats, finding no movement in these two or any of them. With that settled, she set on her own wounds. Her shirt was already ruined, so she took it off to try and get a better idea of her wounds and to use it as bandaging. Her bare skin greeted the air, not very welcoming to the new exposure. Goosebumps raised on her skin as she focused on the points of her pain and injuries. She'd have to use this shirt for wrapping, finish dealing with the birds, and then she could put on a clean shirt. It wasn't helpful that much of the tattered cloth was already covered in her blood.

She was already feeling a bit lightheaded, so she needed to hurry. Rolling her shoulders gently and slowly, she pushed through the pain and got an idea of where the injury was. The woman pulled her main container of water from her belt. She took a drink of some, and the dumped some on her back. Her posture straightened up from the feeling, blood and water streaming down her back. Not the greatest feeling, but she needed to wash the wounds a bit. Another bit of water and some awkward positioning of her arm and she was confident that most of the blood was off her back, aside from the still bleeding wound. She used a bit more water to carefully rinse off her other wounds, starting with the deeper gash on her arm. Once the blood was mostly cleaned up, splashing some on her face to rise them out too, she dumped the remaining bit of water on her back. She had extra water in her pack she could drink once she was done.

Now she needed to wrap them up to keep them from getting too bad from being open and exposed. Stripping a few smaller pieces from the shirt, she set them to the side and used the longest piece. Folding it in half, she threw it over her head and held it tight to her back with both hands. Once she had it pressured on the right spot to help stop the bleeding, she pulled it around her chest and tied it shut. She made sure the knot was tight so that it wouldn't come undone. With that finished, she tended to her deeper arm injury, and then set to wrapping other smaller wounds on her body. The makeshift bandages were tight and firm, to keep the bleeding stifled without cutting blood flow. Her body was stinging all over from the water and pain.

Once her wounds were covered up, she inspected her work. She would need to find a river soon to fully wash up. But for now, there were more important things to complete. No point getting washed up just to get dirty again from cleaning the bodies for meat. Before that though... she moved back over to Jolteon, stroking her fingers carefully through the fox's fur. She didn't commonly use a pokeball for the pokemon, but this felt like a time she should. She was undecided. It seemed like the creature would likely rest better in the pokeball, or at the very least be protected from anything outside. But she decided to give her more time to just relax and lay a bit. After all, she'd fought really well against the birds.

After a couple minutes of relaxing with her partner, she returned her gaze to the dead pokemon. With a heavy sigh, she moved over to the rufflet. She adjusted it to be laying on it's back, its chest and stomach exposed. And then she set to plucking the feathers, needing to prepare the area for cutting. Her bag was close-by, so that she could keep the feathers. She didn't need them, but she figured someone in town could find a use for them. Her fingers were shaking a bit from the pain and exhaustion, but it was manageable. Deft fingers grabbed and pulled the feathers, one by one, yanking them from the skin and placing them in the bag. Which reminded her of the bug body that she had in there as well. Might as well prepare that while she prepared the others.

With the field cleared, she prepared her dagger once again, remembering her lessons and bits of experience. She pressed the tip into the skin below the collar bone, testing the skin. It bit into the skin, and she kept her pressure on the blade just so. If she cut too deep, then she could spoil the meat. Pulling down, she carefully carved open the bird's skin as it parted from the blade, albeit with some extra effort. Her blade was invaluable, but not as sharp as she'd like it to be. Still, it got the job done. She cut all the way to the base, and used the dagger to part the skin open. Using her hands, she reached in and grabbed the viscera, pulling down to remove it from the rufflet. She pulled it out and set it to the side, blood starting to fill the body. She pulled some dry grass and shoved it against the interior walls, patching it to stop the blood flow as much as possible. Then, she moved on to remove the collar bone and other necessary pieces, adding more dry grass to the interior as needed so she could keep it as dry as possible while she worked.

With the cavity emptied, she tore up more grass from the ground around her. She packed it into the bird, to soak up the blood sufficiently. Then, she pressed the two edges of the parted skin together as tightly as she could. She pulled some thin cloth from her pack and wrapped up the bird to keep the cavity shut while it dried out. With that bird finished, she moved on to the next. Each of the avian's bodies were a little different, aside from the two that were identical, but the biology was mostly the same between them. As such, she followed generally the same process for each. The pidoves and farfetch'd were handled the same way. She laid them on their backs and plucked the feathers of the fresh, warm kills. Then, she sliced into their skin gently, on one of them needing to cut once again since the cut didn't quite part the skin fully. Another was a bit too deep at first, but she quickly realized it and fixed her positioning before causing any major damage.

The woman ended up needing to stand and go collect more dry grass for packing, but eventually she worked her way through each of the 4 first bodies. Each time she went to collect grass, she also collected bits of wood and sticks to use for fire. The day would likely be getting late into the evening soon enough, so she needed to be ready. Having a fire overnight would help the bodies to dry, since it didn't get cold enough around here for the bodies to be chill-dried naturally. A shame, really. She moved on to the duck, but this bird was a bit different in shape than the others. Before getting started, she lifted and inspected the bird more, checking its body and feathers to determine what to do. She considered following the plucking once more, but it seemed like it would be best skinned. She set it to the side to finish the others.

While they were still reasonably fresh, she needed to continue plucking their feathers. By this point, it was getting a bit tougher to pluck. But she didn't let that stop her. It took a little more effort, and her hands were certainly sore by the end of it, but she finished plucking all of them eventually. At some point or another, she needed to start her fire. She set up the sticks over and under the bigger chunks of wood she'd collected. Then, she pulled out her fire starter and smacked the two hard stones together, sparking them until a couple small twigs caught. Once the tiny flame kindled in the kindling, she leaned in and blew softly into the fire, trying to encourage the flame to grow. Once the fire was flickering on its own, she set the birds around it, close enough to stay warm and dry but far enough so as not to catch fire or burn. She would rotate them here and there.

As for the duck, she would work on it after the other four birds were all taken care of and set up. She plopped and folded her legs, pulling up the duck. She started at the neck, as the head would be coming off anyway. If the cut ended up being too deep, it wouldn't cause her any major issues. She dug the knife into the skin lightly, getting a good indent to begin skinning. She worked the knife under the skin and around the neck from there, peeling the skin in half on the front to have a better grip. As she continued working the knife through the skin and fat, she peeled back the cut flaps to make the skinning easier to complete without cutting into the body too deeply. Once she got the skin removed, cutting it off around the neck, wings, and legs, she set it near the fire to be dried out. The skin could likely be sold for something as well, the brilliant blue likely attractive to buyers. Or so she hoped.

Then, she moved to the incision. She lightly cut into the torso and dragged the blade down the body to open up the bird. The insides, just as with the other birds, needed to be removed. If she wasn't careful, they could spill in the body and spoil the meat. That obviously wasn't ideal. She carefully used her dagger to cut rougher ends and edges, then carefully used her hands to pull out the organs and other non-edible pieces. She was especially careful of the intestines, as they were weak and most likely to spill and spoil the meat. It took time and concentration, but it was almost calming to do this work after the battle. It felt nice to rest her feet too.

Eventually Jolteon stirred, her nap having given her enough rest to be hungry. Leona stopped for a second, looking up as the fox started to stretch. It was well past time for food, for both of them. She pulled out the pokemon's food, and pushed it as far away from her work as possible, in the pokemon's direction. She responded in kind by approaching the food, sparing a glance to the prepared birds. Settling in, the electric-type started to eat the food while watching Leona work. It was always interested to watch her carved and craft food, rather than just eating it raw as wild creatures did. As she herself did in the wild before meeting the human. They seemed to need to prepare and cook things.

With the body cleaned out and the skin removed, she finished the bird by cutting off the head and feet. She also clipped the wings properly, removing the joints and feathers that couldn't be used for meat. Then, she used the dried grass she had left to pack the body just as she had the others. It started to soak up the blood in the cavity, and she positioned it near the fire just as she had the others. It was getting a bit low, so she added more wood to the flames to increase the fire and the heat. She needed it to keep going to keep the meat drying out. It was best preserved when it was dried out, and dried meat was less tempting to bugs and other creatures than fresh, wet meat.

Next was the bug. She'd never actually cooked a bug before, but she'd heard about it. One didn't live in the forest and not hear of eating bugs. She pulled out the bug with the stinger, careful of the tip with herself and her bag. She investigate the creature, the thin exoskeleton and odd set up, even looking inside any orifices the bug had. Its insides were normal, like organs and bones and the like. She wasn't sure that it was smart to cut it open. The woman had heard of roasting such kinds of pokemon. That was likely her best option, but first she needed to remove a couple things. She recognized this pokemon was one known to have poison capabilities. Poison meant poison sac. It needed to be removed carefully before consumption.

Leo focused on the stinger first, gently testing her blade around the edges. She pushed lightly here and there, not wanting to crush the head inward and risk puncturing wherever the poison was stored. The blade carved around the stinger and she got a cautious grip on it, lightly tugging at it to pull it off the weedle's body. As she did so, she noticed the small detail of little channels. She considered for a moment, thinking they could lead to the source of the poison. Carefully turning and tugging at the stinger, she tried to follow where they went, taking a few tries and readjustments to see better. After a bit of study, she eventually found where the poison sac was. She carved into the body a bit after removing the stinger, to remove the sac without risking puncturing it inside the body. There was a close call, but she got the poison out without it leaking into the body, though it was leaking on the ground once she threw it away.

She tracked down a few sticks nearby. She dug a few into the ground to stick up aboce the fire. Then, she set a few more sticks across, arranging them in a way that the ones stuck into the ground could hold the others above the fire. Using the support and a few more sitcks, she created an open rack. With that, she laid the bug body on the ends, the main portion of the body hanging over the hole in the middle to that it would cook from the fire. She would rotate it occasionally to ensure that it would cook evenly. She continued until it was properly roasted, to the best of her knowledge.

As that was cooking, and the bird's were drying out, she set to work on another project. She located some large leaves and thin, twiny grasses to use. The grasses had to be moist and flexible, so she could use the thin tendrils to make knots. The thick leaves were crossed over each other, and the grasses were used to tie them together. She needed to keep the meat out and drying once she was ready to begin traveling again, so she was making something to use for dragging the meats outside so they could dry from the sun. The leaves would require some finesse and work to shape properly so they wouldn't break or fall apart. It was a bit longer of a project, but she continued until she was too tired to continue. By then, she had a good semblance of a cover, many thick leaves twined together. She set it away from the fire as she prepared to set up to sleep. Once she was ready, she'd get some rest, the jolteon snuggling up next to her to share warmth as the cinders from the fire started to dwindle, all the meats covered and placed next to them so that wild pokemon wouldn't smell and steal them.

Jolteon - female
low% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 11:52 AM

Admin

topic closed
▲▲ +10 tokens for an incomplete thread
▲▲ +15 tokens for a travel reaching page 2
▲▲ +13% hunting EXP
▲▲ +5% crafting EXP
▲▲ +2% medicine EXP OR an extra +2% to hunting EXP
▲▲ +5 supply packs

▼▼ -3 supply packs through wgf
▼▼ -1 supply packs through lion's plains
▼▼ -2 supply packs through rolling mountains

That was awesome. x3 I super appreciate all of the research you put into this, and all the detail you wrote on prepping the Pokemon. Given Leona's +1 in hunting, the quality of description, and the ages/sizes of these Pokemon, I estimated that Leona could manage to get anywhere from 2-7 supply packs from all these birbs and that weedle. The RNG decided to bless Leona with 5 supply packs!

Since it's been, like, 10 months since you started this thread... Leona is eligible to skip the entire rest of her travel. /boots Leona into the mountains

The net loss of supply packs through all three areas, balancing with what she got out of the birds and weedle, is -1 supply pack. Nice! And just let me know where you want that +2% medicine/hunting EXP to go! EDIT: For the record, Kaien chose hunting.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.