Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in conflict. Beta is asking for spies to infiltrate Omega's camp, while Dentelle simply wants to inquire after the scientist's progress. Later in the season, Beta is hosting his annual crater city tournament, where people can test their Pokemon and their leadership and strategies against one another.

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Lending a hand, [Social with Amissa]
Aya
 Posted: May 4 2018, 10:25 PM

Temp

Lending a hand
Jillian was doing her best to hide the fact that she was looking forward to having some work assigned to her. Ever since she arrived in Terrene, she had been doing small tasks that didn't require any effort and could be done by anyone, such as deliveries or cleaning. She had yet to form much of an attachment to this Crater city, but she also felt like she was meant for greater things than making beds.

If there was any excitement visible on her usually serious face this morning, it all disappeared when her supervisor told her what her task for the day would be. Working at a farm. She was expecting research, studies, hunting, training... And she got farm work. With arms crossed on her chest, she gave an eye roll. "I'll just go and be over with this, then. Which way?"

From what little she remembered about farming, she associated it with hard physical labor. Perhaps it could be a form of training for her Pokémon. She walked along the city's streets toward the farm, with three of her Pokémon resting inside their pokeballs and her Pachirisu sitting on her shoulder. The two usually had a mutual respect for each other's privacy, but as Jillian was taking unusually quick steps, huffing with frustration occasionally, Primrose tilted her head to the side with curiosity.

"What has you so worked up, human?" she asked uncertainly, though she doubted the human would understand her at all.

"You won't like this, Primrose. Then again, I don't think you like a lot of things," Jillian responded to the questioning tone by stating her unrelated thoughts. She was expecting the others to have a blast competing over who digs a bigger hole, but Primrose was always so... Quiet and reserved. It made her wonder why, but it wasn't like the Pachirisu could explain her behavior. Besides, having a calm companion was ideal to her.

As they arrived at the farm, Jillian stopped, taking a moment to adjust her hair and the brown trench coat she was wearing. She supposed it was going to only get dirty here, but it wasn't like she had much of a choice when it came to outfits.

She walked up to the first person she saw, scanning them with her confident eyes while keeping an emotionless expression. "I'm a worker here to help with the farm. I don't know if you've been expecting me, but since I'm here, I'll make myself useful."

MINT 100%
In pokeball
PRIMROSE 100%
Curious about her human
HAZEL 100%
In pokeball
LITLEO 100%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa
CREDITS _TIME AFTER TIME post template created by JAWN of OOC

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: May 6 2018, 02:11 PM

Player

Soren looked from the dark fertile soil he'd been digging in to see who was talking to him. Ivka had the enviable job of walking Taavi to daycare, and the adults were using the mudbray to till another field and Soren had been left by himself to harvest the turnips and radishes. He had a woven basket that he was dropping the harvested plants into, but it was mostly empty. Since he was left alone without any real supervision, he hadn't felt especially motivated and was working very slowly. The trouble wasn't that he was lazy, which he was often accused of, it was that he was bored.

Thus, the first look he gave Jillian was a bit guilty. He worried that she was a peace officer come to scold him, but when he looked up and saw her clothes and the burn mark on her forehead, he knew she was a worker like him. "Hi!" Soren said, giving the woman a wide smile as he waved at her with his filthy hand from the ground where he was kneeling. "My name is Soren. Welcome to our farm! I like your pokemon. She's really cute."

Soren's own pokemon, Genesis, was laying in the grass nearby with her legs folded beneath her and her neck stretched out in the sunlight. She didn't even lift her head as the new human approached. She only opened her eyes. She also found this work Soren was doing super boring. She wished they could go out exploring today, but it didn't look like they'd get the chance. At least this was a new human. Maybe she would give Genesis something worth researching.

"Are you going to live here with us, or are you here just for today? What's your name? Have you been in Crater City very long?" Soren asked, clinging to any possibly distraction that might make his tedious chore more bearable.

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 6 2018, 03:42 PM

Temp

Lending a hand
Jillian raised an eyebrow as she took a closer, judgemental look at the person she had chosen to speak to. Even though they were kneeling, she could see that this person's frame was tinier than most people's. This fact, together with the childish face features, made her realize that this person was a young boy, and likely shorter than she was, which could not be said about a lot of people. If anyone asked her, she would say he appeared a little too young to be working the farm, but she assumed that every pair of working hands was of use in Crater city.

A glance at the boy's dirty hand was all she needed to be reminded that she wasn't looking forward to this task. Then again, at least she could help a child out. "Good day to you! Yes, I suppose Primrose is fairly cute," Jillian admitted, glancing at the Pachirisu, whose gaze was running back and forth between her and Soren as she struggled to understand what was being talked about. She noticed a much larger Pokémon nearby, but she was clinging to Jillian's shoulder, not particularly eager to make friends nor be forced to work.

Jillian, on the other hand, gave the yellow Pokémon a more curious glance. It was one she hadn't seen before, or at least had no memory of. It didn't seem to be helping Soren much, but to her, a Pokémon was certainly a more fascinating view than a basket with a few vegetables in it. Before she could inquire about it, Soren bombarded her with questions. Jillian put on a smirk, trying to be patient with a child. She wouldn't be taking this from an adult. "As far as I know, the plan is to help out for the day. I already have a place to live at, but I might be sent here more often. Who knows. I haven't been in Crater, nor in Terrene, for very long, a few weeks at most. I've lost count, but I'm apparently still in the process of earning the authorities' trust. The name's Jillian."

She took a step closer to Soren's basket of vegetables and glanced inside. Harvesting plants seemed like a task that would be bad for her back, but she knew someone who could help, if it came to it. "So, is there someone in charge I should talk to? Or would you like some help, Soren?"

MINT 100%
In pokeball
PRIMROSE 100%
Politely keeping distance
HAZEL 100%
In pokeball
LITLEO 100%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: May 6 2018, 06:49 PM

Player

Soren felt a little disappointed to hear that Jillian was only here for a day. Soren liked meeting new people, and new immigrants were most interesting. They usually lost all of their memories upon entering Terrene, but some of them carried a few fascinating nuggets or knowledge. It could be difficult to convince them to share, but if he could then the stories were usually worth it. It was often like hearing a person recount a terrifying nightmare, and Soren found it more thrilling than chilling.

"I guess you don't need the full tour then. Maybe they're just shifting you around to try and discover what jobs you're best at doing. Is there any kind of work you like most? All I'm doing here is picking the radishes and turnips, if you want to help with this for now. It isn't hard. You just pull them by their stem, dust them off a bit, and toss them in the baskets. Like this," Soren demonstrated by grabbing a radish stem firmly in one fist and pulling hard until the red and white roots were yanked out of the soft loamy soil.

"There's usually a peace officer around in charge of us all, but they only get involved if they need us to do something special or move us around. Or if we aren't working like we ought to. We all normally just work on our own. We know what chores need to be done, and as long as we do them we're pretty much left alone. I'd love if you worked with me for a bit," Soren told Jillian, giving her his charming smile.

"Hey, if we get this done, I'll show you something kind of fun we can do." Soren said, though if he was totally honest none of the farm chores were "fun". Some were just less arduous and more rewarding than others. He was hoping that if he could make Jillian like it here, maybe she'd choose to stick around instead of only working on the farm for one day.

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 7 2018, 05:58 PM

Temp

Lending a hand
Soren seemed as chatty and friendly as a child could get, Jillian noticed. She didn't have a particular memory of being good at handling children, but it didn't look like this one was in need of babysitting. At least so she hoped. Joining him on the task that looked simple enough didn't seem like too much of a hassle either, so she crouched down and carefully mimicked his movements, pulling a radish out hesitantly. She frowned at the dirt gathered around the roots. She was definitely getting her hands dirty today.

"So far I've been doing physical labor, but nothing too... Exciting. Nor anything that I feel like would help with self-improvement. I believe exploration or combat-focused jobs would be most suited for me. Or perhaps crafting that could be helpful in the long run," Jillian responded, awkwardly shaking the radish midair to get rid of the dirt. As it didn't seem to help much, she eventually brushed it with the other hand until it was clean enough to be tossed into the basket. Soren could be right that they were trying to find a suitable task for her, but she was also considering the possibility of the peace officers throwing random jobs at her to keep her occupied.

She repeated the same actions, getting more vegetables and getting a little faster and more efficient with each time. Primrose hesitantly jumped off and landed on the ground, where she stood awkwardly, unsure what to do. She definitely didn't like staying on Jillian's shoulder when the woman was moving around so much. The squirrel looked around to see if there was any place for her to rest at.

From the way Soren worded it, it sounded like there was no peace officer around on this day, which made Jillian nod with relief. She realized that she worked better without anyone correcting her when she clearly knew what had to be done. She got on her knees to get more comfortable as she smiled, looking away from Soren and focusing on the gathering, "You get attached to people fast, don't you? Or do you just like company? If all works well, perhaps I'll see about getting permission to work here more often. Is it acceptable to use a Pokémon to help out? I have some that might be good for physical labor, though I'm not certain if they will be gentle enough around the vegetables."

The woman looked away from the dirt for one moment when Soren mentioned something fun to do. He made her curious. She had come here to work, not play, but she imagined that having him show her a thing or two would be a good learning experience. "As long as there is no trouble involved with that, sure."

MINT 100%
In pokeball
PRIMROSE 100%
Politely keeping distance
HAZEL 100%
In pokeball
LITLEO 100%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: May 9 2018, 03:25 AM

Player

Soren tried not to smirk as Jillian frowned at the dirt. The farm was not a place where you'd want to be if you weren't a fan of dirt. Really Crater City might not be a place that a person would want to be if she wasn't a fan of dirt. The place itself was built from dirt, mud bricks and rock. The streets were dirty and dusty, and even the part that was paved was rock and mud brick. Personally, Soren was rather fond of dirt, but he was familiar with its nurturing aspects. The lives of every person in Crater City depended on the ground it was built on, and that earth allowed all of them to flourish.

"You know, I got a chance to help out with deliveries around the city lately. I thought that was fun because I got to meet lots of new people and some of them were super nice. You may like that because you get to explore the city. I think if I train hard and get my pokemon strong enough, maybe we can travel outside the city too." Soren told Jillian with his eyes bright with enthusiasm. "I don't know if branded workers get to do any combat stuff though." Soren thought that might be limited to the higher ranks. "Because most of us aren't too strong or have strong pokemon, so we'd probably just get hurt maybe."

Here Soren's voice lost confidence. He didn't have a full understanding of exactly how the hierarchy worked or why it was set up the way that it was despite living in the city his whole life. "Though Ambassador Aster has told me that I need to train myself and my pokemon to be strong in case we ever have to fight. It sounds like he expects we may need to do some combat. But I really hope not." His last sentence came out as a timid whisper.

"Farming can be useful too, even if you're traveling outside the city, I bet." Soren chimed hopefully as he pulled up a few large turnips. "Like, I can tell the difference between plants that can be eaten and plants that are poisonous and plants that can be medicine. Would you like to learn that?" He asked this as a straightforward question and not an offer to teach. Despite the fact that he could know the difference between a radish green and a poisonous weed on sight, he didn't know how he would explain this to another person.

When Primrose left Jillian's shoulder, Soren watched her with cautious curiosity from the corner of his eye. He avoided looking directly at the electric squirrel, unsure if she was the timid sort that might run if he looked right at her. He noted the way the blue stripe didn't go quite as far down her forehead as it would on a male of her species, a fact he'd read about but was delighted to confirm with a live specimen. He wanted to pet her, but he wasn't sure if it was safe. It could also be rude for him to just reach out and touch another person's pokemon. At least his fascination with the little electric type bought Jillian a few moments of peace and quiet and Soren stopped chattering at her for at least a little while.

Soren looked back at Jillian as she mentioned how attached Soren seemed to get so quickly to people. She'd put it politely, but he'd been accused of this before. His father insisted that Soren was just friendly. Ivka, his personal nemesis, and a few others referred to him instead as clingy, needy, or an attention whore. He couldn't even say they were wrong. Soren did take a liking to people quickly, and he did love having people pay attention to him. A psychologist might blame this on a craving for love and guidance to replace what was lost when his mother died, and he was left with only his over-worked and largely absent father. But Soren was no psychologist, and he wasn't quite self-aware enough to realize the root of his desires, only that they were there and he was not quite sorry for them even if they made him a bit annoying to other people.

"Oh yeah, you can always have a pokemon help out so long as they don't hurt anyone. Genesis doesn't help much with jobs like this. I think she hates the taste of turnip greens in her mouth." Soren said, glancing at the girafarig. Genesis still laid on the grass like she was dead, not moving or really making any sound besides a long intake of breath that may have been a sigh. She stared at Jillian in her usual intensely curious way.

Though she's nearly the same size as Soren, this human shows obvious secondary sex characteristics seen in adult human females. This subject sports the same burn that I've been informed marks her as among the weakest and lowest ranking in this human herd. The subject appears well-fed and healthy. Her pokemon is...Genesis's eyes flicked from Jillian to Primrose. Unimpressive.

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 13 2018, 06:14 AM

Temp

Lending a hand
Jillian was seemingly focused on the gathering task, that she considered not too demanding and not too fascinating, but she was curiously absorbing every word of Soren. She hadn't really asked him about his background, but considering the brand on his forehead, he had to be a worker as well. Yet it seemed like despite his age, he knew more than her, likely because he had been here longer or the other people working at the farm had properly introduced him to how things worked in Terrene. She had heard that children of branded workers were forced to be branded as well, so it was also possible that he was not an immigrant like her.

Regardless of the story behind this energetic child, Jillian paid attention to his words, using them as a good opportunity to gain information. What intrigued her was his suspicion that a need for a battle might come. Her eagerness to do combat-related tasks was mostly connected to her personal need for self improvement, including becoming strong enough to go wherever she wanted and claim whatever she wanted, she wasn't exactly eager to start fights. Soren's voice was getting less confident as he spoke, but she imagined that any opinion was valuable.

"It never hurts to be prepared for a battle," she answered in a carefree tone, though she was making a mental note of everything he had said. After tossing another turnip into the basket, she stood up and stretched out, taking a short break. She imagined it wasn't good to be leaning down for so long. "I plan to get my Pokémon trained anyway, so perhaps I will advance in this hierarchy sometime. If not, their loss."

She stepped toward another row of vegetables ready to be picked and knelt down to continue working. "Knowing herbs seems very useful, actually" Jillian stated, glancing at Soren over her shoulder with interest. It didn't sound like he was offering, but she wondered if she could get him to teach her something regardless. It would be a little humiliating to have a child as her teacher, though. "Speaking of traveling outside the city. Do you know what it's like? Everyone I talk to seems to try to convince me that it's very dangerous and not worth leaving. It sounds like a shame to stay trapped in a place I was randomly thrown into, instead of seeing what else the world has to offer. I can't really make an informed decision about where I want to live if people refuse to talk.

As the boy let her know that using one's Pokémon was not an issue, Jillian glanced at the two that were already present. Primrose was standing awkwardly a few feet away, fidgeting nervously with her short paws as she struggled to find a comfortable place or position. She didn't like new places very much. The yellow Pokémon with a long neck, that she assumed belonged to Soren or the farmers in general, was staring at her intensely, she only then realized. A shiver ran down her spine and she turned away.

"Well, in that case. Let me see if my Sandshrew will be of any help."

She took a pokeball out of a pocket and opened it, letting the yellow armadillo land on the ground next to her softly. Hazel yawned and stretched sleepily, showing off her sharp claws in the process.

"Hazel. Look," Jillian gave her a short command, having realized that these work best on creatures that don't really speak her language. Once the Sandshrew looked at her, she grabbed another vegetable, pulled it out, got it clean and tossed it into the basket. The same process she had been doing all along, but this time she did it slow enough for the Pokémon to learn.

Hazel blinked, before she approached, glancing down a turnip that was partially peeking out of the ground.

"Not sure how you expect me to grab it with these claws," the Sandshrew complained, loud enough for the others to hear. She had noticed the other human and the strange Pokémon with the corner of her eyes and wanted to make a point of how tough she was, talking back to her trainer and all. That is, if they were smart enough to understand her.

Despite her sassy response, she stuck her claws into the ground around the plant and with swift movements, dug a hole next to it, exposing the turnip and allowing her to pick it up with more ease. She tossed it toward the basket, though the lack of a firm grip made her miss. The turnip landed somewhere next to it.

"Well. It was an attempt," Jillian commented to Soren before standing up and heading to the vegetable to pick it up, get it cleaned and throw it where it belonged. "You forgot the cleaning part, Hazel."

But she was already working on doing the same with another plant. Jillian sighed, turning to Soren. "Well, she's not the most dexterous worker, but at least she's eager. What about your Pokémon? Is that one yours?"

MINT 100%
In pokeball
PRIMROSE 100%
Awkwardly keeping distance
HAZEL 100%
In pokeball
LITLEO 100%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: May 13 2018, 05:58 PM

Player

Soren hadn't thought about advancing in the hierarchy, personally. Part of this was because it seemed difficult or even impossible. He'd been told that it was possible, but he didn't know anyone personally who'd ever succeeded. Even if they did, no one who was branded could go very far. You might become a peace officer maybe, but Soren wasn't sure if he wanted to do that job or if he'd ever be capable. "If I could do any job, um...I think I'd want to be a teacher. I really like learning all sorts of things, and I think it would be really fun to help other people love learning too. But I don't think Branded are allowed to do that job. I don't know if even Peace Officers are allowed to do that job. So maybe it's just not possible. If it is, I'm sure I'd need to at least be grown up first," Soren said, trying to remain sensible in his long-term life goals. He tried not to dwell on what he couldn't do and chose to focus instead on what he could. Doing deliveries was hard, but it was more enjoyable than farming in his opinion. Even Genesis seemed to prefer it, and her happiness was important to him too. Was it awful of him to hope Jeremy would never take his delivery route back?

"Oh, I went out onto Lion's Plains to catch Genesis, actually. It was wonderful! I'd never done anything that exciting before. I met a yanma, a geodude, and Genesis of course. She's a girafarig. I think I saw a croagunk too, but it didn't stick around very long," Soren was practically bubbling over with happiness as he recalled the event. "It was scary though. The geodude hit me once, but it didn't hurt me badly. It might have hurt me more, but Genesis made it stop and chased it away. She's really a great pokemon." He looked fondly over at his spiritless pokemon watching him from the grass. "But I think she gets bored. She likes doing deliveries better. I think she really likes to see new places and meet new people."

"It is really dangerous though. People die all of the time out there. They get attacked by wild pokemon or bandits. I heard that they don't have rules or laws or anything outside of Crater, so everyone just thinks about themselves and don't care who they hurt. That's why they'll attack you to take your tokens or items. I heard they'll even steal pokemon. It's really lucky that you ended up here. A lot of people who come from the other world die, but at least here you'll get a home and food and protection. There's no rules against leaving though, so you can go out if you want. When I tell people that I went out on the plain to get Genesis, sometimes they get pretty upset because I should never have put myself in that kind of danger and I was being stupid and selfish." Once again, he lowered his voice on the last sentence as if he was half hoping that Jillian wouldn't hear him. He was sorry for making people worry, and he wouldn't go out alone again for sure. However, the truth was that he still wasn't sorry that he'd done it. It was the most incredible experience of his whole life, and he'd brought back the most fantastic pokemon. He couldn't quite bring himself to regret it no matter what other people said.

Soren's eyes brightened as Jillian brought out another pokemon. "You have two pokemon? Where did you get them? Daddy says immigrants only have one pokemon that meets them when they arrive in Terrene." He leaned forward, bracing himself on his hands in the dirt as he tried to get a closer look at the cute armored pokemon. That dry brick patterned skin would be ideal for surviving in the desert, but he thought sandshrew could be encountered on the plains sometimes as well. It made some squeaks that Soren assumed were affirmation before it proceeded to help harvest vegetables.

Genesis heaved a sigh, letting her breath rustle the grass in front of her. Well, she really had nothing better to do, and now that this sandshrew was helping, she felt a bit obligated herself. She didn't want this rodent moving in and making her look bad. She rather lazily hauled herself up onto her hooves and slowly walked over to where the humans were working. She positioned herself in front of a turnip and spread her front legs. Then she leaned her neck down to grasp the vegetable with her teeth. She pulled it out and shook her head to get some of the dirt off. Then she dropped it in the basket with the others, leaning her neck down to hum at Soren. "Those stems taste disgusting, just so you know." the girafarig complained, pulling her lips back to bear her teeth. She'd been hoping that he might give her a treat or something, but the boy only reached up to scratch under her chin with his dirty hand.

"That's a good girl! Yeah, this is Genesis. She's my pokemon, and she's my best friend!" Soren announced proudly as he briefly nuzzled his nose against hers.

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 16 2018, 01:50 PM

Temp

Lending a hand
The mundane gathering task was going fairly well while Jillian could focus on the boy's chattering. She wasn't a big fan of small talk, but she supposed in this case, it was a good way to gather information, which is something she had been doing ever since her mysterious arrival in Terrene, and to make the job a little more entertaining. Soren was fairly sensible for a kid, too. "Teaching is a respectable job. I find myself yearning for a task that involves sharing one's knowledge and helping others grow, but it is similarly just a dream in my position. It's difficult to teach when I am still so uncertain about the world around me."

Though she did regret being unable to take a responsible job, her voice was casual and neutral. She knew that it was only a matter of time until she would prove her worth.

She listened to Soren's story about how he got Genesis without interrupting. A "Girafarig", as he called her. She had never seen a Pokémon like that and it didn't strike her with any feeling of familiarity either. It was likely the first one she had ever met, including her past life. The way Genesis had been staring was somewhat off-putting, but Jillian imagined it could simply have an analytical nature... And she could respect that.

As expected, Soren was one of those people who seemed to fear the outside world. Jillian could understand wanting to stick around here for safety, but her desire to learn more about life outside Crater was still strong. She remained silent on this matter, promising to herself to one day venture out.

She smiled proudly as the boy expressed interest in her Pokémon. She was fairly satisfied with them, even if they needed combat training and discipline. But just having them seemed like a good start. "I actually have four. I haven't been in Terrene long, so they're really all just companions I've met recently. They still have a lot to learn, but I suppose that just makes another thing I have in common with them."

Primrose watched with growing anxiety as both Hazel and the strange large Pokémon started helping the humans. She wasn't showing her distress much, as her face kept its usual neutral expression, it was only the nervous shuffling of her tiny feet that could give her away. This made her feel like she was supposed to do something too, but... She didn't think there was any way she could help. She was completely useless against plants that were almost as big as her. She sighed quietly in her own helplessness.

"Tch. It helps to have sharp claws like mine, doesn't it?" Hazel called out to the complaining Girafarig as she worked on another vegetable. "Humans sure play strange games. I don't see what the point of all this is."

"A Pokémon that can help you out on your everyday job seems very useful. I can see why you're happy to have her," she agreed, though she noticed that Genesis had only then joined them on the gathering. She had reasons to believe that the Girafarig wasn't all that eager to help out.

They were slowly progressing and Jillian supposed that they would have gathered enough soon. She wasn't an expert on harvesting though, so she spoke up, "So, are we about done? Not like I am impatient. But perhaps something else needs doing. You mentioned something fun, no?"

MINT 100%
In pokeball
PRIMROSE 100%
Awkwardly keeping distance
HAZEL 100%
In pokeball
LITLEO 100%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: May 17 2018, 12:00 AM

Player

Four pokemon sure seemed like a lot to Soren. He'd only recently managed to acquire a second pokemon. With four pokemon, a person would be a lot safer. Soren wondered how many pokemon and how strong they would need to be before a person could safely travel from one area to another. As frightened as he was of the outside world, he deeply wanted to explore it. He wanted to have adventures, and maybe even write books about his discoveries. If he could get stronger, maybe he could persuade Jillian to come with him. They'd be much safer if they explored together.

"Didn't you just complain that your claws were in the way? What is the meaning of your contradictory statements?" Genesis asked the sandshrew as she went to collect another turnip with her teeth. She plucked it up, shook it off, and tossed it in the basket. "The humans in this location grow and gather edible plants. A few of them are kept but it appears that most of them are delivered out among the greater population of the human herd. It's a very efficient method of specialization. In other words, this isn't a game to them. This is how they survive." Genesis's tone was neutral as though she were simply reading a script.

"Oh, she helps with more than just farmwork. She's really strong, and she helps me carry things whenever we need to transport goods. She's a great fighter too. She's super brave." Once Soren started talking about Genesis, it was difficult for him to stop. He was so proud of her, and he loved her dearly.

Soren began moving a bit faster as Jillian asked if they would be done soon. He wanted to hurry up too, so that he could show her other parts of the farm. "Yeah, we just need to finish up this row..." Once all of the edible roots had been gathered, Soren picked up one basket and indicated that Jillian should lift the other. "Come on, I'll show you where we store these and then we'll head over to the grazing field."

If Jillian would follow, Soren would lead her over to a root cellar near the farmhouse. He'd open the door and they'd see a small room that had been dug into the ground and reinforced with bricks. It was cool and dark inside, an ideal place to store perishable goods. Inside, food items were separated between what was for the farm residents and what was to be distributed to the city. Besides produce, there were also some smoked and salted meats, cheese, and clay jars of preserved goods. Soren would show Jillian where to leave their baskets before heading back up. "We'll probably deliver those and a few others tomorrow. We've got some asparagus, rhubarb, spinach, garlic, and cabbage all ready to go out too."

From there he would lead Jillian to a small field. Since there weren't many pokemon on the farm that needed to graze, it wasn't very large. With the mudbray all off someplace else, that left only the two miltank happily browsing among the long green grass. "Ta da!" Soren held out his hands happily towards the two bovine pokemon, each of which would look up as the group approached. "These are our girls! Daddy says I shouldn't name the farm pokemon since they aren't really ours. They belong to the city, and we just take care of them. So don't tell anyone, but I call this one Ginger and I call this one Savanah!" Soren gestured to each of the miltank. This was the "really fun" thing he'd been hinting about, and he looked at Jillian hopefully. Miltank were cute and friendly farm pokemon, so who wouldn't love them?

A tiny ball of golden fluff bounced out from behind the two miltank. It was a little mareep lamb and it looked up at the newcomers curiously. "This one is my pokemon, though. His name is Cumulonimbus. Say hi, Nimbus!" Soren instructed his pokemon, cheerfully. The two miltank were both very gentle, and as Soren had hoped, they made excellent babysitters for his new pokemon when he had to work.

Nimbus did not say anything. He just watched the group a bit nervously before trotting over and cuddling his head against one of Genesis's front legs. "Nimbus and Genesis get along great."

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 18 2018, 07:18 PM

Temp

Lending a hand
Hazel winced as the big Pokémon called her out in a tone so emotionless. This was so much different from the reactions she usually got from Jillian's Skiddo, Mint, who would compete with her or get overly emotional whenever she started bragging. "W-well, I didn't say they were bad! Just that they're not very good for certain tasks, even if they're absolutely brilliant for most of them! The human should know that. Hmph."

The Sandshrew had a feeling this Pokémon wouldn't be fun to tease, so she would have to refrain from that. In fact, it could even be annoying to argue with. She felt a little embarrassed as Genesis explained the purpose of their task and Hazel realized her guess wasn't very accurate at all, but she said nothing, focusing on her task with even more focus.

Jillian smiled as the boy began complimenting his Pokémon. He sounded very attached to her, though for a child his age and with such an excitable personality, it was possible that he would get attached to any Pokémon really fast, just like he seemed to do with humans. In a sense, it was probably endearing and acceptable for a child that worked the farm, so Jillian didn't want to ruin it for him... But she was of the opinion that getting too attached to one's Pokémon could be dangerous. They were important companions, but unless they proved to be truly capable in battles, their lives could be short. And Soren seemed to be idealizing Genesis, so there was no telling if she really was a great fighter.

"I see. Well, it's good to find use for one's Pokémon. It helps build bonds, which means they would be more willing to protect you when you really need it," she commented vaguely, following Soren's lead on finishing up their job.

The woman followed him into the storage, carrying her basket and struggling to keep a straight face. Obviously, the vegetables were heavy and she was not used to this kind of physical labor... From what she had seen, the supervisors knew what they were doing and assigned heavy-lifting jobs to people well-suited for them. Like those who were bigger and more muscular. Still, she did her best not to look like she having difficulties. Primrose and Hazel walked after her, cautiously glancing at Genesis.

Jillian looked around the cell, glancing at all of the stored food curiously. The farm was really an important part of the city's life, with all the food it provided. If the other human towns didn't have laws like Crater did, Jillian wondered if they could even function properly. How would they find enough people and resources to work, if everyone just did whatever they pleased? It was hard to picture.

"It looks like I have been eating food provided by you and the other farmers, without even thinking much about it. Thank you for your hard work," Jillian said politely, bowing her head slightly, before they ventured back out. She was curious about what Soren wanted to show her.

As they ended up on a small field with only two Pokémon in sight, Jillian waited, expecting something more to happen, but Soren pointed to the Miltank happily. The woman raised an eyebrow. It sounded like she was right in assuming that the boy got overly attached to Pokémon, as he even named Pokémon that were not his. "I can see how naming them might be convenient for the sake of telling them apart. But if it's a secret, it ruins the point," Jillian stated uncertainly, wondering what Soren's reasoning was.

As another Pokémon approached, Primrose' nose wiggled curiously and the squirrel hopped closer, keeping a few steps of a distance between her and the Mareep. She detected that this Pokémon, similarly to her, was charged with electric energy... It had an air of familiarity around it, though the Pachirisu didn't know how to strike a conversation. So she stared at the Mareep awkwardly as it approached the intimidating yellow Pokémon.

"So do they just hang out here all day? Seems boring to me," Hazel, who had no issues with chatting, commented with a lack of interest, giving a dismissive look to the Miltank.

"Ah, this one looks young. I imagine it doesn't help on the farm yet?" Jillian asked, scanning the fluffy sheep. It didn't look like much, but Primrose was seemingly intrigued, considering how her long tail was wagging excitedly. The woman looked around. "Well, what is the fun thing you wanted to show me?"

MINT 100%
In pokeball
PRIMROSE 100%
Zappy friend???
HAZEL 100%
Acting tough.
LITLEO 100%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: May 20 2018, 12:51 AM

Player

Soren smiled as Jillian thanked him and blushed a bit, but he didn't say anything. He was trying to hide the fact that he really didn't like working on the farm, and he would much rather be exploring or in school or learning new skills like unbranded children got to do. It was good to be reminded that his work meant something. The city depended on the farms, and as much as he disliked the tedious labor, he didn't want anyone to go hungry. Nor did he want to leave Crater City, since this was the only home he'd ever known and his family was here.

"Well, what else was I supposed to call them? I can't just call them both 'miltank'." Soren argued, frowning at Jillian. He couldn't think of a better response, so he just left it at that.

"It is fairly boring here," Genesis hummed in agreement with Hazel. "But I understand why some pokemon enjoy it. It's peaceful, safe, and comfortable. Also, for many of the pokemon here, it's the only life they've ever known."

Nimbus peeked at Primrose from around Genesis's hooves. "Hello," he bleated quitely, looking shy. "Do you want to play?" She was twitching her tail and her nose while staring at him in a way that made him think that's what she wanted, but maybe he was just projecting his own desires. Either way, asking couldn't hurt.

"The miltank," Soren answered Jillian's question as he walked off a bit to locate a wooden bucket. He set it beside Ginger and looked up at Jillian. "It has to be wood. We'll put the milk into a clay container, but for milking it has to be wood. That way if she kicks it, at least it won't break. Come here, I'll show you how to do it. Ginger is really patient. She won't mind. Did you want to stay for dinner? If we bring in the milk, Auntie might make pudding."

Soren didn't actually have any blood relatives besides his father, but the other adult immigrants who stayed on the farm were generally referred to by all the children as aunts and uncles. It was both a title of respect and an endearment, and it seemed to suit the group of individuals who came into the world with no family of their own.

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 22 2018, 05:44 PM

Temp

Lending a hand
Jillian said nothing to Soren's argument for nicknaming the Miltank. It wasn't her responsibility to ensure he was following the farm's rules. He could do however he pleased and if it made things easier for him, that was some advantage.

Hazel listened to Genesis and watched the Miltank with a critical eye. Her own life had been fairly stable ever since Jillian had captured her and it was nice to have regular meals and be safe in a group. But she had no intentions of getting used to this comfortable, boring life. No, she wanted adventures and excitement. She despised Pokémon that wanted to keep things easy. The Sandshrew shot an angry glance at Jillian. "Sure hope she is going to take me somewhere away from the city sometime. Safe is boring."

As the Pokémon with an air of familiarity offered playing, Primrose gasped in surprise. Playing... Was not her thing. She preferred to just relax and maybe watch others as they did their things, like Mint and her hyperactive curiosity that caused her to run around and make friends with everyone. But the fluffy Pokémon was asking in such a sweet, shy way. She would feel bad saying no. The Pachirisu smiled awkwardly. "Yes, I may as well," she responded in a similar, quiet manner, before she skipped closer. The Pokémon was larger than her, like most Pokémon, but something about him made him seem young. "How do you usually play around here? Do you... Play tag? Or hide and seek?"

She knew those games mostly thanks to her more playful companions, but she hadn't usually participated in them.

Jillian blinked analytically as she stared at the Miltank. So this was what Soren wanted to show her. Her expression didn't change from its usual unimpressed look. She wasn't really expecting anything too grant, but she was still underwhelmed. Milking them sounded like another mundane task, perhaps only a little more entertaining than picking vegetables, because working with living creatures added a bit of an unpredictability factor. That was probably why Soren was so excited. Jillian, however, simply nodded and said, "Very well. If you will have me, I will happily stay for dinner. I don't believe I've done milking before, so I will follow your lead."

She stepped closer to the other Miltank, formerly introduced as Savanah. The woman made sure to move slowly to avoid startling the Pokémon, even though it was likely used to humans. As she took a few careful steps toward it, she leaned down, resting her hands on her knees to test the waters. How would it react to her?

"They're similar in shape to another of my Pokémon," she told Soren, barely moving her lips as she wouldn't look away from the Miltank. "I haven't tried seeing if she could produce milk, though. I don't think she would appreciate any experiments anyway. She's young and... a little emotional."

MINT 100%
In pokeball
PRIMROSE 100%
Zappy friend???
HAZEL 100%
Acting tough.
LITLEO 100%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa Sorry for lame post aa

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: May 24 2018, 04:59 AM

Player

Genesis didn't respond to Hazel's statement right away. She personally didn't have a great thirst for danger, though she did enjoy the exercise of the occasional battle. She didn't enjoy boredom either, but to her excitement came from gaining knowledge. So far following Soren around had proven mostly exciting and satisfying. She couldn't expect him to entertain her all the time, but she very much enjoyed their jaunts around the city. It was too bad that she was often strapped to a cart during these adventures, but she'd already learned a great deal about the humans who existed in this settlement. The only activity that might please her more would be visiting other human settlements. "I too would like to travel so as to visit other human settlements, but I expect that Soren is hesitant to leave because he does not yet trust that I can protect him. He's rather small, you see, and from what I've observed, he isn't very capable to protecting himself. Many pokemon on the plains are hostile to humans on sight, and I doubt he'd survive long without aid."

Nimbus was so happy when the smaller pokemon agreed to play. It was hard to find playmates on this farm. The miltank were too lazy. The mudbray were happy to play, but only when mud was involved, and Nimbus hated the mud. Soren had to work all day, and Genesis just didn't seem interested. All she ever wanted to do was watch the humans, and that was super boring! "Ooh! Ooh, let's play tag! Or, hide-and-seek-tag! That's where you start with hide and seek, but once you're found the pokemon who's 'it' still has to tag you!"

Nimbus was bouncing up and down with joy, looking more like a fluffy cloud than ever. It was as if he could simply float up into the sky. He made himself calm down a bit and remember his manners. "My name is Nimbus! I'm a mareep. What's your name?" Nimbus carefully walked over to Primrose and gave her a little sniff in greeting.

Soren set to milking Ginger first, being careful to let Jillian see how he moved his hands. "What kind of pokemon are you talking about? Have you got a tauros?" Soren's voice rose with excitement. Tauros were extremely dangerous pokemon, but they were the male counterpart to the much more docile miltank. Many farms bred them for meat and they could even be trained as mounts with a capable, patient, and durable trainer. "You've got the right idea already," he told the woman, seeing that she seemed to be making friends with Savanah. "Move slow and be very gentle. The miltank are very sensitive here, and we don't want to hurt them." "Here" was the miltank's teat of course, but Soren didn't say the word. He was at an age where he seemed to know only enough about male and female anatomy to accidentally get himself into trouble. He'd adopted the policy that if if was a word that pertained to a certain area, be it on a human or a pokemon, the safe bet was to avoid the word and seem prudish rather than get an embarrassing scolding for saying something that wasn't allowed.

"Do you want to try?" He asked, glancing up from his work to look at Jillian. Ginger was being cooperative, for her part. This was an activity that she was used to, and she patiently waited for Soren to get it over with. She stood with her eyes half-lidded as though she might fall asleep.

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 26 2018, 05:49 AM

Temp

Lending a hand
Hazel was watching the two humans as they approached the boring Pokémon, giving them all a criticising glare. She crossed her short arms on her chest, expressing her impatience to Jillian if she would look, but she didn't. The Sandshrew hadn't been given anything new to do, she was feeling a little forgotten by the trainer, which she didn't appreciate. As Genesis responded to her, Hazel scoffed. "Humans are so useless on their own. But my human has nothing to worry about if she has me."

All of a sudden, the fluffy Pokémon burst out with joy and energy. Primrose smiled awkwardly as he hurried to suggest a game that seemed very tiring, nodding in reluctant agreement. Yes, he was definitely reminding her of Mint. [color]"The human calls me Primrose. I am a Pachirisu,"[/color] she responded politely, but she was already thinking of ways to make this hide-and-seek-tag not as exhausting as it sounded. If she was to try catching a Pokémon like Nimbus, who was already showing signs of hyperactivity, she would have to run around a lot and she didn't like that. Her ears twitched as she figured out a plan. "Alright, then... I'll hide and you look for me, yes? But don't look!"

Primrose's shy voice took a more enthusiastic tone, trying to further encourage the Mareep. She definitely didn't want to hurt his feelings by disagreeing, but she also didn't want to get all sweaty. She waited for the young Pokémon to look away if he would, and once she was sure it was safe, the Pachirisu would turn away and run off back the way they had come from before they met him.

Jillian looked away from Savanah to focus on how Soren was milking Ginger. It looked like simple movements and she was certain she would manage, as long as the Pokémon would cooperate with someone they weren't familiar with. But she could see that they were acting very docile and relaxed, so she trusted it wouldn't be a problem. She just had to wait for the bucket.

"Not a Tauros,"" she replied in a neutral tone, trying not to show that she had no idea what a Tauros was. "The species is known as a Skiddo. I can show you later, right now I believe it might stress the Miltank out if they have too many others bothering them because Mint certainly can be a bother."

Jillian was making it sound like she wasn't fond of Mint, although that wasn't necessarily true. The Skiddo had become a part of her small group, naturally, though she had yet to prove that she could be utilized in their everyday life, as opposed to being a hindrance. Regardless, Jillian was not one to give up on her teammates, unless it was beneficial to the rest of the group.

As Soren suggested it was her turn, the woman nodded and slowly stepped closer to take the wooden bucket from him. As she spun around to walk back to Savanah, she noticed that the Miltank wasn't alone... The woman's eyes widened.

"Hey, human! Are we gonna do something or just stand here? I'm not like these boring Pokémon, if you don't need me here, put me in the prison ball!"

Hazel voiced her complaints, staring at Jillian, but she also made sure to give the Miltank a condescending glare to ensure they knew what her opinion of them was. The woman froze in place, checking for the Miltank's reaction to whatever Hazel was yelling. As Jillian was slowly working on earning their trust and taking it easy, Hazel acted like she didn't care about anything whatsoever. She could only hope the Miltank wouldn't panic.

"Hazel, stay back. I'm pretty certain your claws won't do here," the trainer told her off dismissively, taking a look at Soren. "She isn't very good around other Pokémon either, it appears."

MINT 100%
In pokeball
PRIMROSE 100%
Looking for a hideout.
HAZEL 100%
Ughhh let's go already
LITLEO 100%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.