Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new universe, this new world, and give it purpose. (Our site is best viewed in Firefox or Chrome.)

Events

The biggest event of the
season- of the year, even- is the Anniversary Fair! We also have a lore contest for the month of November, and our plot events are still going strong.

Season

Autumn will be here until
December. All of Terrene is cooling by degrees; those in Ashfield scarcely notice because it never truly gets cold there, though they will notice the decreased rains and humidity. Winds pick up, particularly in the southern areas. Ghost types are more common this season.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Add Reply
New Poll

Of Monsters and Beasts, [No humans AU]
kira
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 08:26 PM

Temp

((This is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon inspired kinda. Basically, instead of getting a starter and stuff... In the void there's like an added side-effect or for some reason the legendaries decided no more humans lol, and all humans pulled through get turned into pokemon. I imagine the starter is more like a partner pokemon, hired by the legendaries to help you not get killed because you're an amnesiac pokemon in a world that's kind of very deadly and here to eat you. Are there cities? Ehhh... I'm guessing probably. But like probably like... Littler? And they look more like villages? Or maybe they don't exist and it's total anarchy, like more than usual in Terrene lawl. If you wanna write something in this weird AU that popped into my head, feel free ahaha... Oh yeah. Also assuming all former humans have some sort of inkling that they used to be human, or at least not a pokemon. Er, pokemon that aren't your starter probably just hang around cos reasons lol.))

She had a weird taste in her mouth. That was the first thing she realized as she regained consciousness. She hadn't opened her mouth yet... But was it just her, or did her teeth feel kind of weird? She slowly opened her eyes, and realized that... She was seeing the world sideways. She tried to reach out her arms to push herself up to an upright sitting position, but for some reason her arms wouldn't work. Okay, so her arms were different from how she remembered. She could work with this... Somehow. She ended up flailing around a little bit, before she somehow found her footing and tried to stand up on her legs. This failed, and she dropped down onto all fours. Which... Oddly, felt fine. She finally looked down at her legs... Which were decidedly not what she expected. She sucked in a sharp breath, before wildly looking around. It was then that she conveniently realized a lot of things. She could see her black nose, she was suddenly quadrupedal, and her head felt kind of heavy. On top of that, she could swear her field of vision was different than usual. Like it wasn't going forward, but more like more around her.

"(Hey.)" The sudden voice speaking up startled her, and she jumped to turn to see who it was. She stumbled a bit, landing a bit, but refound her footing.

"(W-Who the Hell are you?!)" She snapped, feeling a bit distressed, feeling that her tone was perfectly justified. Then she stared, because she swore that big snake before her talked! In a way she could understand! She couldn't pin down why it was so startling, but it was!

"(Seviper.)" The snake replied in more perfectly understandable words. She narrowed her eyes, refusing to show any sign of fear, defiantly staring into the eyes of the serpent. He curled around her, she was forced to learn more about her legs and their new manner of functioning as she turned around to continue meeting his eyes. "(I was led here to meet you, and I am apparently supposed to help you... Somehow.)" He sounded disgusted by the idea that he had to stay with her.

Personally, she thought Seviper was a weird name. "(I'm not calling you that.)" She insisted. She stared at him, as he hissed in response. "(... I'm calling you Venom. Er, Ven. Ven sounds nicer.)" She decided, standing up firmly to show her resolve. "(And, help me? Help me how?)" She was in the dark in this whole situation and she was determined to find out as much as she could... Though, she had a feeling she was missing something big.

"(.... Fine. I assume, help a pathetic prey pokemon such as yourself survive, given you're likely coddled by the senior members of your herd. I'm curious as to how you managed to separate yourself.)" He said, saying a lot of things that didn't made sense to her ears.

"(My name is Gabriel.)" She blurted defensively. She wasn't even sure it was her name, but it was the only one she could think up that was definitely already taken... So it had to her name, right? Why would she cling so tightly to a name that wasn't her's? "(And, what do you mean, pokemon? I'm a human. So, no. No herd.)" Though, his words brought up a point... How did she get here? Attempting to rack her brain for an answer proved fruitless, as she couldn't... Well, couldn't recall anything. That was distressing, and she felt panic rise in her chest. She suppressed the urge to start flailing around and shrieking. She needed to keep it from Ven, who she wasn't sure how trustworthy he'd be.

"(.... You're a Blitzle. Never seen a human, but I have seen Blitzle. You're an electric zebra, you idiot.)" Ven said slowly, as if speaking to a child.

Gabriel was angered by the idea. She couldn't remember her exact age, but she sure as Hell wasn't a child! "(What do you mean a Blitzle?!)" She snapped, then she hesitated. She lifted up a leg and spotted... Black and white stripes with a hoof at the end of her leg. "(... Alright, maybe you're right... But I used to be human...)" She muttered.

Venom hissed. "(That's the crappiest lie I've ever heard.)"

"(Well it's true, and I don't care if you believe me or not. It might surprise you, but you're not the center of the universe.)" She couldn't believe the nerve of this guy! "(Well, if I'm a pokemon now, I'm going to go figure out my new body!)" She declared shortly, and after some stumbling, learned to run into a new direction.

If she was a pokemon with no memories now... Well, she was going to make the most of this crap situation.

--------------------
PM
^
Drakka
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 10:30 AM

Player

Her eyes snapped open, rolling around with furious intent to anything that dared approach her in a moment of weakness. Where was she?

"Miss? Miss? A-are you ok?" Behind her! Instantly, she was up and, even more instantly, she was down on the ground. Her legs were wrong, why were they the backwards like this. Something grabbed her and started heaving her up, "Its ok, it's ok, don't worry...I'm not gonna hurt you." She scrambled away the moment she got her bearings, all four limbs everywhere as she wobbled away. She was covered in black fur, and her mouth was visible even though she remembered a flat face. At least the sha to teeth and claws were familiar, along with something on her back, restricting her from two legs. But what was this burning in her stomach?

"Miss, please,you have to trust me, I'll help you!" The Timburr was still there, having taken a seat and hugging his log, "See?" She cautioned staying still a second, and the Timburr seemed to take it as encouragement that she was listening, "Good...good! I'm Plasma...it's weird, I know...but what's yours?" She blinked, something popped into her mind at the word, and she opened her snout, "I-I....grrk!...I-I..." She chocked, and collapsed into a coughing fit. Plasma let out a gasp and started to approach her, "C-can you not talk? Are you hurt?" She backed away before he could touch her, "Samantha...I...I-I hun-hungry."

Relief flooded the little Pokemon's eyes, and he smiled, "Great, I can take you to some of my brothers, we got berries and-miss? Samantha? Where are you going?" But the newly spawned Houndour had already picked her prey. A stupid horse beast without a herd, easy prey, and she stalked toward it with deadly intent, the fire in her belly intensifying as Plasma darted after her...

@kira

--------------------
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 04:12 PM

Temp

Gabriel, or Ri as she found herself preferring to be called, had found herself stuck with the Seviper she decided to call Venom. He hated the name, and was only further incensed when she insisted on calling him Ven. To be fair, in return he refused to call her Ri, only calling her Blitzle or Gabriel if he was feeling nice. He seemed to enjoy calling her 'stupid zebra' as well. Which she often responded by kicking him in the face. She was disappointing by her loss of thumbs and arms, however she was not disappointed by her legs. She got the feeling that she wasn't quite... Active in her previous life, so she imagined that the speed she was able to put on was a welcome addition. As well as the power in her legs. They served her well enough when Ven annoyed her. Regardless, the poison-type claimed that he couldn't leave and had to stay at her side. Annoying. However, since she couldn't rid herself of the arrogant Seviper, she was stuck learning to live with him. They didn't really... Have somewhere to call home, whatever home was. It sounded familiar, but Ri was sure they didn't have a home. They tended to sleep wherever was convenient, which usually meant at the base of a tree somewhere in the forest. She was slowly learning certain areas of the forest and how to navigate with Ven's help, who seemed to always know where to go. Though, they always seemed to be on the move. Different places for Ven to go hunt. Different places for Ri to go run and begin to truly learn how her body moved. She was still getting used to having four legs instead of two, and having no hands. It was a bit odd, her only way of holding things being to hold it in her mouth. Which led to her plucking berries from bushes with only her mouth. From some of Ven's remarks, she guessed that some Blitzle ate grass? She sure as hell wasn't eating grass! She stuck with eating plenty of berries all day. She ate plenty to satisfy her appetite.

She wasn't convinced that Ven wasn't thinking of eating her.

When they weren't hunting or foraging, they somehow ended up on walks together. Ri usually kept her mouth shut, preferring to enjoy the forest rather than argue with Ven the entire time... Which seemed to happen too easily. Their personalities mixed as well as oil and water, with a more fiery and argumentative result.

Today, their daily walks would be something different.

They'd stumbled across a strange group of pokemon. Ri tilted her own head, watching the curious friend group of pokemon, consisting of several that she'd never seen before. She'd rolled her eyes when Ven had lunged forward, trying to attack the pokemon. A small grass-type was struck first, and the poison-type found himself afflicted with spores as he discovered he'd bitten off more than he could chew as he'd attacked the large group. Ri found herself trotting forward and rolling her eyes.

"(Hey. Sorry about this. This guy won't stop following me around. Would've helped you out, but you seemed to have things handled. I'll take him off your hands.)" Judging by the looks she received, her inaction was not appreciated.

The Sandile seemed to have something to say about her life decisions. "(H-Handled? Petilil got bitten! Hah...)" He seemed nervous even as he tried to tell her off.

Ri hardly batted an eye. "(You're all alive, aren't you?)"

That had been the end of that more or less. The Kecleon present had muttered some good-byes before ushering the group away. The human-turned-Blitzle kicked at the ground lightly with a scoff. "(It's not my problem to take care of total strangers.)" She muttered to herself. She eyed Ven, and decided he'd be too heavy to carry.

So, she laid down and rested her head on the ground.

"(They got you good.)" She commented with a snicker.

"(Shut up...)" Ven seemed to not share her humor.

--------------------
PM
^
Drakka
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 08:05 PM

Player

To say Plasma was disturbed by his new "friend" was an understatement. For one thing, she ate meat...all the time!...and always refused any berries he tried to give her. It was like a living nightmare, the only way it could get worse would be to be eaten himself yet amazingly, Samantha seemed to appreciate company...even if she couldn't talk...another problem.

She didn't allow any contact, and had taken a liking to coughing up fire if he made a mistake. Yet she was a good friend to have, already she had driven away some Hoothoots and even a gang of Spearows, and seemed to be trying to defend the weak-hearted Timburr.

Today, they were on a hunt...Plasma assumed. Samantha didn't talk much. He wondered if she'd try to make him eat with her today, and his stomach rolled. "Hey, Sam? Wherever are we going? We can go home, you know my family haven't seen you yet." Naturally, she didn't reply, but twitched her ears and let out a grumbling growl...the idea wasn't that nice in her mind it seemed. That was fine, he was just waiting for the Houndour to warm up to him, he'd been gone longer from his home...it'd be fine...

Quite suddenly, Samantha thrust her nose down and sniffed. What was all this? Automatically, she wanted to run, a fight was not on her mind...but She didn't smell fear or aggression, not even blood, but a strange plant smell. A warble bubbled in her throat and she started forward, narrowing her eyes at the two Pokemon in front of her, and blinked deeply as Plasma gasped out, "Predator!" Samantha just tilted her head, "Who...y-you?"

(Possible meeting!?)

@kira

--------------------
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 03:44 PM

Temp

((Sure. This is AU-land WHERE ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN MWAHAHAHAHAHAH))

Ri found she loved being four-legged, actually. She found her life as an electric zebra kind of... Well, fine. After the initial shock wore off and she began to settle as much as she could, she found that she was... Content in a way. There were the nightmares that plagued her at night, and the paranoia that infected her senses that proved to be more common sense, but she got the feeling that they weren't new. She found that amnesia was a bit frustrating, but it wasn't as maddening as having to live with the most self-important guy she'd ever met! Ven honestly was someone who deserved every kick she lovingly delivered to his face. Still... They were stuck together and there were slowly... Coming to an understanding perhaps. After that first mess with the group Ven had attacked...

They made a deal. Ri was susceptible to predators, being inexperienced. She could barely figure out how to generate sparks that were apparently typical of electric-types as she now was. Ven had a big head and tended to get into fights he couldn't win, and needed someone to pull his ass out of the fire. So, they made a deal to help one another when the other was in trouble. Well, physical trouble. They were far, far from being comfortable with being all touchy feely with one another.

The thought of being sappy in general made Ri want to gag.

On this day, Ri and Ven were on yet another walk. She tended to gallop ahead at a pace that annoyed her poison-type companion, who at times could find himself struggling to keep up. Without legs, it was hard to keep up with her, especially since she seemed to almost never run out of energy. Ven blamed her typing for this quirk of her personality.

Today, however, they stumbled across two pokemon. A dog with speech difficulties and a startled... Gray, log-holding pokemon. Timburr, Ven had whispered into her ear. The Seviper began to hiss at them before Ri used a back leg to stomp on him subtly. He decided to respond by hissing back at her.

"(What's your problem?!)" Ven often had words like this to share with her.

Ri rolled her eyes and grinned at the Timburr and Houndour pair. "(Sorry about him, he lacks manners. I'm... Ri. I'm not a hunter like the moron next to me, who thinks with his stomach. Got a name?)"

@Drakka

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Save Your Goodbyes FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Kaleidoscope a rf/hm based RP PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
skin by bonbon.