Welcome

Our old universe has fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new universe, this new world, and give it purpose. (Our site is best viewed in Firefox or Chrome.)

Events

Summer is here! There are a whole bunch of Pokemon swarming, a whole bunch of quests that need doing. We also have two plot-related events: Professional Army and Alpha & Omega, and a slightly less plot-related but no less exciting event, a Tournament!

Season

Summer will be here until September. All of Terrene is heating up; Desert Strip gets more hot and dry, West Forest gets more hot and humid. Thunderstorms rage, particularly in the south. Bug, Electric, and Fire types are more common.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Saint Judas
Invi

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

The Shula Region Pokemon: Terrene

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Who's Best?
Jani
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 01:40 AM

Admin

Who's Best?

Part of our player appreciation month!

These are questions styled like, "Who has the most ___?" This is aimed to reward our long-standing players and characters that have participated in many things. Please, feel free to discuss and debate! That's part of the point of these, after all. There can be multiple winners if there are ties for certain titles. The prizes will be given out at the end of the month.

I will likely track the tentative winners in this post, as well!

1. Who has the single highest-leveled Pokemon (excluding canons, sorry Lucine~)?
    2. Who has the most Pokemon in their team?
    3. Who has visited the most areas in Terrene?
    4. Who has completed the most topics?
    5. Who has the most enemies?
    6. Who has the most friends?
    7. Who has met the most player characters?
    8. Who has completed the most socials?
    9. Who has completed the most devs?
    10. Who has completed the most quests?
    11. Who has met the most player characters?
    12. Who is the most literally and actually insane?
    13. Who has the least amount of money?
    14. Who has had the most intense brush with death (in Terrene, not the Sufferverse)?
    15. Who has failed the most capture attempts (befriending attempts count)?
    16. Who has completed the longest thread (number of posts)?
    17. Who has completed the longest thread (word count)?
    18. Who has killed the most Pokemon?
    19. Who has saved the most Pokemon from impending death?

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Drakka
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 09:42 AM

Player

I nominate Samantha for #1, #4, 7, #14, #16, #18 and #19!

All her Pokemon but one are level 9 (for the win!). I think Samantha have been in some of the most topics by the simple virtue she has been here basically since the start and I think have participated in a ton of interactions! Even if some players aren't around anymore, Samantha have defiantly met a ton of people, she still needs to figure out all these strange humans! Judging from her quest thread of Life's Treasures (http://pokemonterrene.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=456), where she and her Pokemon survived a battle only thanks to a kind Ninetails, or her adventure thread (http://pokemonterrene.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=901), where she had an encounter with not one, but two Noctowls and a Bibareal, I'd say she had the most intense near death scenarios. I believe her Life Treasures quest thread also ended up being one of the longest threads, it was 4 pages for Arcues sake! Despite her survival orientated nature, Samantha sure saves a lot of Pokemon, she even has a Wimpoid she felt too sorry for and kept! She has also killed a number of Pokemon when she fought and typically won, including a poor Mareep and even a Bibareal!

I nominate Fleet for #12 and #18!

12 by the simple fact that he literally forced someone to be his lover (Saint, come back to me!) And kept a childish attitude about the whole thing, it was never his fault. 18 by the fact he stabbed a Pokemon after failing to catch it and caused the death of another to save his own skin.

I nominate Ridley for #12, though it's more that his mind just doesn't work the way it should...he has schizophrenia, and I believe that he is one of the only characters with a mental illness that affects him so badly.

Just covering all my bases for at least one!

--------------------
PM
^
AjSol
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 01:33 PM

Temp

I nominate Andrew for 1 2 and 3! Oh my! 1 for Miss Lillianwho is level 12. 2 for my seven deadly sins and 3 because Andrew has visited two places and going to the third
PM
^
Desk Lamp
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 02:16 PM

Player

I nominate Shroomish (or Naka if he doesn't count) for #18.

--------------------
bio :: user posted image :: tracker
bio :: user posted image :: tracker
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 03:16 PM

Temp

I nominate Ri for 4, 9, 14, and 18.

As for 4 and 9, well uh.... So I've done a fair amount?? Maybe not the most but lol I'll give it a shot. I actually don't know the exact number of topics/devs I've completed (since most of them are Ri's anyways) but hey.

As for 14... Does the pig of doom Ri is suffering from currently count? Or is the fact that there's a very real chance she will actually die in the topic negate that, thus making it NOT a brush with death?

18.... Does Venom's daily murders of Rattatas count? Ri has also taken to Rattata murder (albeit much more inefficiently and badly)

And I'm not sure Shroomish has done much murdering yet? I'd guess that feral Samantha and her brood probably committed more murder and ate pokemon probs. I don't exactly know... Because I haven't quite been stalking Samantha's threads.

For Andrew... I have to say it's a real possibility he gets 1! Like jeez man, Lilian is a savage whose feeding off the blood of her enemies and is one day going to be a danger to everyone's health probably except for Andrew oml.

Also, yeah Andrew has a lot of pokemon jeez. Also he's been travelling a bit... So I really don't have arguments against Andrew's nomination things??

So since Lilian is apparently lv12, that means Samantha is knocked out for #1.

.... And I guess I'll trust Drakka on #4??? Apparently Samantha has been doing a lot of things for a hecka long time and thus takes the cake. Welp.

I read Samantha's mess with the Noctowls and ouch. I can't remember if Samantha actually got injured... But I'd say it's a pretty rough experience and deadly to her's and her pokemon's health because gosh giant owls of death. But I'd say if Samantha escaped any actual injury to herself, that probably makes it less rough or something.

As for Samantha having long threads... I believe it. That Noctowl adventure was like four pages, right? That's long. Aaaand again I'll take Drakka's word for it that Samantha and her pack have gone around murdering everyone in sight oml.

.... And I guess I'll trust Drakka on #19 again?? Dang. We should probably go scouring through our old topics and each other's old topics to really confirm this stuff. I think we should be sure we got our facts right, because I sure as heck know I don't remember all the itty bitty details of everything I've written on here lol

As for Fleet... Compared against the other current nominations, yep Fleet takes the cake. I can say probably that unless Saint rises from the dead and nominates Cheers, or Invi pops up and nominates Fleta, Fleet will probably get this one. Anyways, Fleet seems the type to do things for fun, but he does have some sort of motivation for it. So I'd say he's like... 98% insane probably. Not quiiiite 100% but yeah. And due to that I will trust Drakka that he likes killing things for fun probably.

As for Ridley... At the moment? He seems less crazy than Fleet to me so... Yeah. Plus he seems kind of sweet and is more like a kicked puppy than looking like he belongs in a mental ward.

--------------------
PM
^
Rixie
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 06:03 PM

Player

If we're going with "literally insane" as in mentally detached from reality, I have to nominate Paul for #12. He is so confused about what is real, what isn't, and he's gotten to the point where it's so bad that the only way he's maintaining his cheery self is by convincing himself that it doesn't totally matter either way. He thinks he has a house on Ashfield but simply can't remember where it is. He also thinks he's known his starter for way longer than he actually has. He's gotten so much exposure to Futuresight and other psychic shenanigans, he has no idea what was in the past, what were possible futures, and he can't even trust his own senses entirely when it comes to the present either.

And I nominate Cynthia for #13. As of writing this, she has 50 tokens exactly to her name.

--------------------
PM
^
Chaos
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 02:08 PM

Temp

I nominate Shadow for 2, 4, 9, and 10!

Shadow has a team of six Pokemon already and she's more than likely going to get more in the near future. I also say she has the most topics because I tend to be a fast writer and she's my first character. |D That also goes for the devs, though I don't remember the exact amount. As for quests, Shadow has about three to four under her belt? Don't remember.

As for Dick, I nominate him for 1, 9, and 14!

Night is Dick's highest level Pokémon at 9 Lv and I believe that this is the highest thus far? I also nominate him for 9 because I did a lot a of dev topics for him too, though I don't remember how much. Aaaand 14? He nearly got killed by bandits and nearly got the life sucked out of him by Nincada while he was hiding from said bandits.

Will discuss other people's choices later.

--------------------
PM
^
Chaos
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 03:56 PM

Temp

First thing's first, I did not realize that Andrew's Lillian was at level 12. Welp, everyone go home. Now onto the other stuff.

I've been here for just as long as Drakka, so I think we would compete with that, though Drakka never got any breaks from the site so maybe she'll beat me in that regard. I don't know much about Samantha's interactions with others, but I'm assuming she had a fair amount? ...And yeah, Samantha can fight off death. She's a pro at it, after all. Welp, goodbye Dick, Samantha wins. Also, holy cow you had four pages of writing? O_o I think we have a winner here. I haven't seen Samantha actually kill a Pokémon, that was Hunter and he wasn't a part of her team yet. Neither can I see her saving other Pokémon from imminent death, even with the Wimpod I don't know the name of. So I'll leave it at that.

Fleet, I would say he's more...childish, yet cunning. He's not actually insane, unless you label him as a sociopath, which I can see. And yeah, I remember the thread where Fleet killed a Pokémon. He seemed to grow impatient with it.

Oh, Ridley has schizophrenia? Then that probably blows most people out of the water, especially since there isn't any medicine to actually treat schizophrenia. And hallucinations can be terrifying (Speaking from experience here.).

Like I said before, Lillian's the highest level, everyone go home. ...Aaand you have more Pokémon than Shadow so she's out. And I think Andrew has traveled a lot? I didn't see him traveling to Oasis though. Hm...

Eeeeh, I think it's only humans, bud. But I think she caused the inevitable death of a Zubat so she has one right there.

Hm, to be honest I think the earlier rpers have more than you do, Kira. But who knows? Maybe you do have as much as the older guys. I don't think Venom's diet counts since it's offscreen, but maybe it does. idk As for 14...uuuuh, maybe? Even if you haven't finished it yet, it's still credible, yeah?

Daaang, Paul, you shouldn't be messing with psychics like that. If his mind degrades even further due to strain...well...I don't want to be here for that.

Also 50 tokens. How do you even eat Cynthia?! D:

Aaand just about done here, though I'm not sure what to make of some stuff because of all the older threads.

--------------------
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 07:20 PM

Temp

@Rixie I think there's multiple types of insanity. It kind of depends on what we're talking about. If we're talking about how delusional people are, yeah Paul sounds like a good candidate. But are we talking about people who are just like "moral compasses are dumb lol let's go set an orphanage on fire" crazy because there's that too. I think one thing we need to figure out is how are we defining crazy.

And oh jeez yeah uhm Thia is probably only kept alive by her ability to hunt jeez she broke man

@Chaos

Sorry man, but Andrew has SEVEN pokemon. Shadow only has SIX. So Andrew beat you out in the game of who has the better small army.

And apparently you've been here for like forever... So ummmmmmmmm okay uh.... You and @Drakka probably need to go ruffle through all your topics. All of them. And figure out which one of you gets the thing because jeez guys. Apparently you're Terrene veterans and uh wow. Though, apparently Chaos, you're the posting queen so it might be you??? Shadow might get this??? I'm not sure man.

Um. As for 9. See my arguments above.

Also 10. Chaos and Drakka you guys are old like Terrene old apparently so uhhh go ruffle through yo stuff

ALSO SORRY DICk BUT ANDREW'S LILIAN IS A GREATER MENACE TO SOCIETY

SEE MY REAsons above for Dick and devs

And oh wow. Jeez. Um. That probably beats out the pig of doom. Ri only got slammed and started limping, even if I was afraid her rib cage/lungs were next. Though, do I get points for it being an angry pig with level "Wow" as remarked by Kaien?? Seriously it was so mad. Ri only lived because her idiocy evokes anime-level flashbacks apparently.

Nowww to add to more discussions

Yep. Andrew and Lilian are a menace to society.

AGAIN I TRUST YOU GUYS TO DUKE IT OUT

And... Yeah. Fleet now that I think about it seems pretty impulsive. A kid who likes new and shiny toys, but gets bored when they break. But considering that he's supposed to be an adult... I'd willingly label him as crazy.

I um... Did not know about Ridley's schizophrenia. So, it involves hallucinations? Sorry, I did a mental illness thing in school a long time ago but I forgot most stuff. Yeah er that sounds pretty bad. Though, we're trying to judge whose the craziest. Again, we need to agree on what you want to mean by crazy. Level of looking like a psychopath or by medical standards? Because then Ridley probably wins.

ALSO WHAT Andrew's been to OAsis???? Since when???? How did I miss this????????

I'm so confused. @AjSol COME BACK AND CONFIRM

Also what are you talking about humans and dead zubats I'm confused

And ahahah you're probably right. And.... Um.... Can we like.... Get a professional opinion on if a predator's diet counts??? I'm not sure, but we should totally ask and stuff. So... The Pig of Doom has left and Ri is just limping and just like OW and her lower area is probably bruised as heck. She got badly injured because the RNG gods are cruel. I'm tempted to say Dick's brush with death sounds worse though.

Also same with Paul, (though my inner fictional sadist demands more information and progress down that ahahah)

And Cynthia hunts things so I think that's how she eats ahaha

--------------------
PM
^
Chaos
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 07:40 PM

Temp

Oh, welp. Shadow's out of the run then. I think Shae also had a fair amount of Pokémon, but she's Kaien's character and not mine so... *shrugs*

Haha, yeah, Drakka and I are pretty old. I checked when and it was in December when we first joined and Drakka apparently made an account a day after me sooo yeah. I would look back to see how many threads I've made, but I'm lazy. >.>;;; I'll let the mods decide that.

Hm, you make a good point on whether we're going by medical standards or psychotic scale standards. I only agreed to Ridley because of the fact he has schizophrenia, I haven't really considered others. Hmmm...

Also Andrew has been to Oasis what. I don't remember this. Was it during my absence??? (Rereading my comments and I said I don't think Andrew has been to Oasis. I got confused for a sec there. XD)

The death of the Zubat was because its wing got torn up by Naka's pickaxe and it will probably never heal, leaving it grounded and weak. It's in her tunnel thread.

Yeaaaah, I don't think predator diets count. At all. Otherwise they would have a kill count in the hundreds.

--------------------
PM
^
AjSol
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 09:37 PM

Temp

No Andrew only been to both of the great forest and is currently traveling to crater. And Yes fear the littl psychic imp!
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 06:09 AM

Temp

Yeah. But even if Kaien nominates Shae, Andrew still has the bigger smol army. Unless you count eggs, but we don't need to talk about that since Kaien hasn't even nominated anyone for this thingy. Just on the Most Likely one. Ha.

...................... Okay yeah that might be good.

I VOTE WE GET A SECOND OPINION ON WHAT STANDARDS WE SHOULD GO BY

Oh. That zubat. I remember now. But hmmm that's just one death. Has anyone (probably Fleet) gone around on a murder spree?

Mmkay. Predator diets do not count. Got it. Yeah, lol Ri has not committed murder really yet. She probably will some day because she has the terrible moral compass for it, but not today XP

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 09:13 AM

Admin

I am here for clarification purposes! :D

- For any of these that require exact numbers/counts, staff will not be required to make the count! Because all of the winners for these are player-decided, the players nominating the characters either have to provide the numbers themselves, or think of an estimate, or say anything really that will convince the other players that they have the most/highest of whatever they are trying to win. Other than for clarification on certain questions (such as in this post), staff opinions are no greater than any other player opinions.

- For number 12. Who is the most literally and actually insane?, it is mainly up for interpretation but I will say that it should be focus less on personality and more on their mental state. If they just ACT crazy, that has less weight than if something is actually wrong with their mind. If you guys want to say that an actual medical diagnosis of a mental condition (such as Ridley's schizophrenia) has more weight than other forms of insanity (such as Paul's messed up mind that can't tell the past from the present from the various possible futures), that is entirely up to you guys!

- For 18. Who has killed the most Pokemon?, on-screen deaths are the ones that count. Carnivorous diets aren't exactly excluded- if your character did a hunting thread and killed a Pokemon, that kill does count. But you can't count all the hunting or killing that they do in-between threads. As for if a trainer's Pokemon's kills count towards the final tally, that is somewhat up for debate. These awards are for humans, but if a human ordered their Pokemon to attack and kill a wild Pokemon, then that could likely count toward the human's kill count. But again, that is somewhat up for debate. I can say that a Pokemon going out of their own volition, unprompted, to hunt or to kill would not count toward the character's kill count.

Hopefully that helps. Poke me in the cbox if there were more things that needed clarifying that I missed~

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Chaos
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 11:53 AM

Temp

Thanks for the heads up, Jani! Hmmm, not sure what to do about the most insane question. Will come up with something later...maybe.

Update: I counted Dick's and Shadow's dev threads and Dick has 8 completed while Shadow has 9. To be honest, I thought they had more than that... >.>;;; But yeah, Dick's out of the run because Shadow has more. As for Drakka, she hasn't updated her tracker for Samantha in a while, so I'm not sure how many she has. EDIT: Aaaand I just finished checking all of Drakka's topics and she has 7 dev topics in all. Most are Samantha.

Also I reread the thing and it said completed quests. Shadow only completed 2, with a third in the works. Whoops. So it's possible she might be out of the running too. EDIT: Aaaaand I just counted Drakka's quests with Samantha and she's finished 2, just like Shadow. So Shadow's not out of the running apparently.

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 11:01 AM

Admin

But I mean, what kind of person would I be to simply let AJ take the gold without coming in?

Ahaha SO

1- Highest Level pokemon

I can't technically take this away from Andrew, BUT I can tie. Mar is also level 12 with 11/12 exp to the next level. They are literally at the same exact mark xD

So, we should probs just give it to them both, since ties are allowed. Unless, of course, one of them rises above soon.

2- Most Pokemon

Uh, yeah I would argue eggs count. Just because they haven't hatched yet, doesn't mean they aren't going to/aren't going to be on the team. Which means Shae's got 8 over Andrew's 7 >:D Besides, I've only got like 2 posts left and they will be done before the end of the month, I guarantee! So I'll just go and get those done ASAP so there's nothing to debate xDD

3- Most Areas

I mean, I'm not in the running for this, but honorable mention Invi for Elka who I believe has travelled to Ashfield, Forest Beach, and Crater City. At least, I think she's travelling to Crater city? IDK maybe I need to double check myself, but it's not an official mention anyway LOL But anyway, probs Andrew.

4- Completed Most Topics

NOT ME YIKES

My money is on Chaos or Drakka, though I need to check.

Based on the trackers, looks like Shadow is sitting at 21 completed (if you count the egg-stravaganza + other events, which I do - Aside from the ice-skating event)? and there are only 11 on Samantha's, but I question whether it's fully updated xD But anyway, I clicked through the threads in Shadow's tracker and checked for threads being closed, and I'm P sure I counted 21 :U

5- Most Enemies

I mean, not my bb's. Shae doesn't have any enemies (Except Maybe Ri? Not like, super enemies, but definitely not friendly after their social) and Leona hasn't done enough yet to make people mad or more likely, vice versa.

Honestly, not including the plots that haven't taken their full toll yet, I think Ri's probably made more people mad then anyone else XD

6- Most Friends

I feel obligated to nominate Shae, just on the pure fact that she makes friends with almost everyone she meets. The only catch is a lot of her PC friends are inactive (Diego, Moes, Lillian, Mavis) and a couple of them I feel like she would consider friends, but IDK if it's mutual since not much happened between them (Cynth, Cynthia, Samantha, Shadow). Her active friends I suppose would be Elka, Judas, and Dentelle (Who's an NPC so don't count her LOL).

7- Met the most PC's

Uhh, I feel like this is on either Samantha or Shae. Though I lean towards Samantha on this one. I think she's had more threads with more of the players who were here over a shorter time, while I was busy with Mod stuff and couldn't do more socials with Shae.

9 - Most Devs

/simply applauds Shadow's 9

Though yeah, I could have sworn she had more than that as well xD

10- Most Quests

Well, if the Life's Treasure quest for Shae is completed here soon (Which is should be, Jani and I are about to wrap it up) then she will be at 3 :D:D

12- Most literally and actually insane

Uhhh, I need to mull over this more.

13- Poor BB

Poor Cynthia xDD 50 tokens probably takes the cake on this

14- Brush with Death

The pig of doom was probably terrifying for sure, but Samantha's quest was more of a long battle where they fought SO HARD but in the end the odds were not in their favor. Poor bb's. Then again, Dick's brush with the bandits and nincada's of doom wasn't so great either, so that's potentially taking the spot as well.

16- Longest Thread - Posts

See: Drakka's Life's Treasures Quest

17- Longest Thread - Word Count

I'm gonna have to do more checking, but I did count up one of Shae's threads that I thought might be one of the longest (Her first quest, with Dentelle). In that thread from just Shae's posts I got a total word count of 12,836 words. There might an adventure that has more, but I'll leave it there and see if someone else can contest ~

18- Killed the most Pokes

I need to look into this more when I have time xD

19- Saved most pokemon

see above

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Save Your Goodbyes FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Kaleidoscope a rf/hm based RP Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.