Welcome

Our old universe has fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new universe, this new world, and give it purpose. (Our site is best viewed in Firefox or Chrome.)

Events

Summer is here! There are a whole bunch of Pokemon swarming, a whole bunch of quests that need doing. We also have two plot-related events: Professional Army and Alpha & Omega, and a slightly less plot-related but no less exciting event, a Tournament!

Season

Summer will be here until September. All of Terrene is heating up; Desert Strip gets more hot and dry, West Forest gets more hot and humid. Thunderstorms rage, particularly in the south. Bug, Electric, and Fire types are more common.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Saint Judas
Invi

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

The Shula Region Pokemon: Terrene

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Striking Panic, [Adventure][Swarm]
Drakka
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 06:29 PM

Player

Ridley tossed his Pokeball back and forth as he wandered out of Crater City. This was a good idea right? Yes, yes of course it was! He liked Pokemon...he was pretty sure they liked him...(Are you sure?)...and everyone else had a big scary Pokemon that loved them, and tried to protect them...not that he was saying Sunny and Free weren't good Pokemon! He never said that! They were nice and good and didn't need to put up with him...but...but...he didn't want them to get hurt...

Shame flooded his being and he cradled his face as it flushed bright scarlet. So you're catching a Pokemon to get hurt in their place. No. No! It wasn't like that!

Free and Sunny, unfortunately, weren't out at the moment, and Ridley's own rising panic against himself rose unaltered. The hissing of bugswas undistinguished from the buzzing in his head and he pressed his hand to his brand as he continued on...the buzzing was getting closer...

(Please spawn a Syther!)

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 04:53 PM

Admin

@Drakka

The sun fought to beat down through the clouds, casting spots of shade on the plains all around. The heat pushed through, creating a humidity to the air that attracted bugs of all kinds. The fluffy white shapes weren't looming with the threat of rain, which made for a decent day to be out looking for pokemon. The buzzing in the air proved to indicate there were many in the distance, but the distinct buzzing that got nearer as he traveled through the tall grasses promised an encounter soon.

The large bug hadn't noticed the man before he likely would have spotted her, back turned as a thin blade sliced into the grass. It was around here somewhere! She knew it had to be. But after another slice, she froze, aside from the wings holding her lightly off the ground. She'd heard the rustle of the grass, and turned her long face towards the man, inspecting this human who dare get within this distance. She buzzed closer, until the distance was only about 10 feet, legs hanging underneath her flying body.

"Human. What are you doing here? Your kind does not belong in these open plains." She growled, the best she knew how, but it came out more of a low buzzing noise to Ridley's ears. Once thing was for sure though - it was not the sound of a friendly greeting. She did not have patience for humans right now. There was something very important she needed to find and deliver. Curse her clawed hands! Carrying items was near impossible for the scyther.

"Turn back now! Or go the other way, I do not care. But leave me and this area be! You have no place here." Normally the humans stayed in their strange settlement, or traveled in very direct paths out of the plains. But this one seemed to have wondered in this odd direction, where he would find nothing but trouble. She had no time for dealing with humans, so she hoped she could simply scare him away.

a wild Scyther has appeared!
level similar to Free ◒ female ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown

--------------------
PM
^
Drakka
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 05:38 PM

Player

Ridley certainly saw the Scyther, the gigantic bug sparking an instant fear in the man. It was big, way bigger than his own Pokemon, and it looked like anactual fighter with those singular claws on its arms like that! You found your perfect punching bag...of course, it wasn't like that, but still! Fighter Pokemon! Right here!

Hastily, Ridley slammed a hand over his mouth and only sucked in breath through his nose, unable to trust himself to stay silent when it counted, and raising his Pokeball to capture this fighting Pokemon...and promptly hid the Pokeball when she whirled around. His hands trembled behind his back, but he was reasonably certain he had hid his intent well enough, seeing as his intent just changed to try not to infuriate this creature he was absolutely sure could rip him to pieces.

Even unable to really talk to Pokemon, Ridley was not an idiot. He knew when he wasn't wanted, when somebody just wanted to be left alone...he would have left long ago if this creature wasn't in his sights to fight in whatever all the training was supposed to be. So, despite everything in him telling him to run for his very life from this seemingly angry creature, he managed to root himself in place and bow his head. "I-I am so-so...really sorry, b-but I don't t-think I'm leaving." Now trembling violently, he attempted to peer past the Scyther, at the strange cut grass behind her. "What...what happened he-here s-sir...miss? Miss. W-were you t-trying to...to grab s-something?" That must be hard, with hands like that, "I-I got hands...I can help!"

@Kaien

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 09:33 PM

Admin

@Drakka

This human was quite... odd. When faced with a creature such as herself, they had two actions at all times - To fight, or to run. There had been no middle ground, in her experience or any of the stories she'd heard from other pokemon. Yet here was this strange man, defying that by staying put. Though, he was practically shivering. Yes, he was terrified of her, but apparently wasn't going to leave her alone. She considered attacking, but her eyes flickered to the pokeball in his hand. Who knew what that ball could hold. It was all too troublesome.

He was speaking, in that strange tongue that his race used. She, of course, could not understand what the heck this person was saying. They always crafted such incomprehensible speech, which separated them from pokemon. And half the time, they seemed confused as to why there was no understanding between the two. Literally every creature in this world except them speaks in such a way as so others can understand them. Stupid, stubborn humans and their need to be different than the wild creatures of this world.

"Why do you not run? If you cannot understand, than please get out a creature that could knock some sense into you." The scyther did not want to be the one to do it. It was troublesome, and she didn't want to leave this place unguarded. If something else was to come by and pick up the object she'd worked so hard to claim and get this far, she couldn't live with herself. She loved her blades, she was endlessly proud of them. But in times like this, she cursed such terrible limbs. They weren't practical.

But then... her eyes flitted to the human's hands. Perhaps - No, he couldn't be trusted. Then again, even if he tried to double-cross her, she could slice him up with ease. There was no way a puny human such as himself could outrun her after all. "Come here. Pick up this bottle on the ground." She buzzed, deciding to give this a shot, and flew backwards out of the way, turning her body. With her right claw, she pointed towards the ground, where lied a potion lying on it's side. She was ready to attack, if he tried to pull anything funny.

--------------------
PM
^
Drakka
 Posted: Jun 27 2017, 03:44 PM

Player

Ridley didn't really like this Pokemon. She was being kinda mean right now. She didn't look like she could survive on Pokemon berries...Ridley wasn't exactly sure how he was going to take care of this monster, but that wasn't the point was it? It was supposed to take care of him!

Like a certain someone, am I right?

Ridley blinked at that. Like who? That wasn't much like his mind, it usually told him what he knew, was it starting to babble like him now? Hurriedly, he shook himself back into reality, this monster miss might tear him to pieces if he didn't do what she wanted after all!

He still wasn't hit with what she wanted him to do immediately, pacing around the grass with agonizingly slow steps, hands still clasped behind his back and never looking away from the monstrous insectoid. Finally, he dared to lean over and started rustling through the grass, suddenly popping back up with a delighted "Oh!"

He presented the potion proudly for a few moments before he face contorted in worry, "W-wait...is-is someone hurt!?" It would have never struck him that this Pokemon was going to help a friend, but he was surprised every day in this world.

@Kaien

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 07:53 AM

Admin

@Drakka

The scyther watched the human start to move forward. He seemed to get the point of what she was asking. Well, at least he wasn't overly stupid or brash, that was a plus. And apparently didn't mean her ill will. Good. But of course, as he headed over towards the area she needed him to look, his hands were clasped behind his back. Why would he do that? He needed those to pick it up. Perhaps he hadn't understood her.

But luckily, before she could get around to more directly pointing him towards the object he needed to pick up for her, he leaned over and checked the ground. He presented the item to her, first with a proud smile and then with a different expression, which she wondered about. His words came flowing out, in a voice that seemed to express some sort of concern and uncertainty, but she knew they couldn't communicate. All she could do was lead him in the right direction.

Motioning with her left blade as she turned clockwise, she started to fly slowly away, looking back to make sure he was following. It would be much quicker and easier for the man to carry the bottle to where she needed it. She could try to hold it herself - after all, she'd made it this far and was much quicker on her own - but she didn't want to risk dropping it again. It was much too hard to pick up, and she had no interest in testing her luck with an amicable stranger coming about to aid her.

Once he was following, she'd pick up the pace. They needed to be quick. It could already be too late now. She would slow if absolutely necessary, chiming her complaints at the human for not being quick enough, but ultimately this was her best bet for getting the healing item transported across the plains. Though in the distance, she noticed something else, moving quickly. And straight towards them. She slowed to a stop and turned to face it, growling lowly as she awaited the new arrival.

A young woman, likely in her mid-twenties by the mature by smooth features of her face, was running towards them, her pink flowing dress flowing behind her as she ran. As she got closer, she had a grin on her face, as if she was excited. She ran towards them, though by the direction of her gaze it was towards the pokemon rather than the person. There was a pokeball in her hand as she got near them, though her expression dropped a bit as she noticed the young man standing near the bug-type. "Awww no. Is this scyther yours?" She pouted as she asked the question, hand falling to her side with the pokeball still gripped.

a Trainer has appeared!

--------------------
PM
^
Drakka
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 03:52 PM

Player

Ridley frowned upon the fact the Scyther didn't answer him, staring down at the potion in his hands. He knew Pokemon usually did understand others, did this Pokemon decide that she didn't need to answer him? Could you blame her? No, he really couldn't. He almost smiled, and stifled it, she was like some people back in Crater City!

He followed completely doggily, bounding as fast as he could and gasping as his legs started to burn. Still, he started to run as fast as possible. His mind was a whirlwind, someone was hurt right!? This was a potion, this creature was trying to help someone! Of course he was going to help!

He almost didn't notice the human until she was right on top of them, skidding to a halt and instinctively standing in front of the Scyther. He didn't dare look the woman in the eyes, lowering his head as he mumbled out a "U-uh, hi...um...s-she's not mine...but, um, b-but..." He shifted a bit more to shield the Scyther from a possible Pokeball, "S-she's not you-yours! W-we're going to-to help s-someone!"

@Kaien

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 04:36 PM

Admin

@Drakka

The woman's face lit up brightly before mixing with confusion as he answered her question. It was a simple question - either he owned it, or he didn't. And since he didn't, that meant it was fair game. "If she's not yours, then how is it that you can say we?" She shook it off and smiled, eyes hardening with determination. She wouldn't let this slip away from her so easily. "Let me make this easy. I want this pokemon, and I'm willing to battle for it. What do you say? We battle, one on one, and the winner keeps the scyther?" Her red lips widened as she stared at the man, awaiting his response.

The bug was less than pleased with this, however. It seemed the two humans were talking, but she hadn't the slightest idea about what. Could they just ignore this woman? It seemed she wasn't backing down, but the looks she gave her didn't look promising. Though more so the woman's gaze seemed to lock on the man, and the scyther huffed. This was much more trouble than it should be! They needed to go. Every minute they waited was another minute of pointless suffering, and potential for death. No, they needed to hurry!

She edged forward, signaling the man to move, but the woman's smile shrunk the instant it started flying away, even if only a couple feet before stopping to look back at the man. "Oh no you don't! You are not getting away from me that easily!" She activated the pokeball, and a flash of bright light came pouring out, pushing out in front of the wild pokemon's path. A small creature appeared out of the light, it's red spherical nose waving a few times as it looked around. It had a deep blue body, and a lighter blue collar around its neck. It had rather flat limbs and body, the water-pokemon clearly in the wrong terrain for its body shape. The scyther froze for a moment, deciding what to do.

a Trainer has appeared!

--------------------
PM
^
Drakka
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 08:32 PM

Player

Ridley blanched as the girl started to suggest a battle of all things! They couldn't do that! This was the exact reason why he wanted to catch this monster Pokemon miss, so that he'd have a Pokemon that actually could and probably would like fighting better than his two little Pokemon!

Surprisingly, a little bit of defiance bubbled in him and he frowned deeply, "S-seriously lady...I-I can't do-do this!" He whispered harshly, face flushing as he realized he was almost speaking over the lady.

Unfortunately, she didn't seem to take no for an answer and released a Pokemon, whereupon he flinched and started to back away, pointingly hiding the potion behind him as a sort of protection for the fragile bottle, "O-ok lady...b-but I'm not...not letting h-her go...we got someone to help." In a surprisingly swift move, he tossed out Free's Pokeball and sighed as she was released , "I'm s-so, so s-sorry Free but-but this lady won't l-leave me alone and-" Finally he could say nothing more and simply pointed, whereupon Free gave him a piting look, before turning to the Scyther, "I'm s-sorry miss! S-she won't l-leave us a-alone! I'm-I'm going t-to fight!"

@Kaien

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 12:39 PM

Admin

@Drakka

The scyther was less than pleased about the turn of events. As always, those stupid balls humans carried held pokemon that they used simply to battle others. They would prey on those in the wild, either killing for food or fun, or they would imprison them after a valiant fight, forcing the creatures to serve them. No creature should be forced to serve another, it wasn't right. She was ready to raised her blades and slice this little seal into oblivion, but was distracted when the man started speaking up.

The woman huffed as the man was speaking, but she wondered if it was out of distaste or not, as those red lips curled up again. It was a smile, but this wasn't a very happy situation in general. What was going on? Blasted humans and their incomprehensible speech! She turned at the second flash of light though, seeing the human had brought out a pokemon. Well, at least there were creatures she could talk to now. But she waited, wondering how this was going to unfold. It was clear the woman wanted to take her, either for her prized blades or for captivity, either option not great.

"That's better. I knew you had to have some sort of attachment to this big girl. After all, humans and pokemon don't interact unless they have a reason too, and only humans can capture pokemon, not the other way around." She clapped, clearly excited for the battle ahead. "Alright Sweetie, time to show them your stuff. C'mon over a little closer. We'll leave the scyther for after we deal with this little fairy." She called to the popplio, who's ears twitched at the calling of her name. She flopped and pulled herself out of the way of the bug type and locked her gaze on the comfey.

"Alright, let's start off strong! Aqua ring, then water gun!" Sweetie moved into action, pointing her snout up and pursing her lips, shooting out water. They spread out in rings of varying sizes around her, wetting her skin, which sparkled in the light. Then, lowering her head, she puffed up for a few seconds before releasing the stream of strong water at Free. The scyther watched as she attacked the man's pokemon and not her.

Wait... was this man protecting her?

a Trainer has appeared!

a tamed Popplio has appeared!
level slightly higher than Free ◒ female ◒ ability unknown ◒ Aqua Ring ◒ Water Gun
100% health. Using Aqua ring on self, then water gun on Free.

--------------------
PM
^
Drakka
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 10:54 PM

Player

Ridley shuffled in place as the woman kept speaking, he could barely look at her in the face and resolved for the much easier task of turning around and talking to the bestial Pokemon he had got the strange task of defending, "S-sorry...Ill finish fa-fast..."

As he turned around, the battle started, and Free squeaked as a Water Gun nailed her. She tumbled away momentarily before she got a hold of her tail and spiraled into a surprisingly confident stance, "My boy here is sorry, I must say I am too." She spoke only a moment before her flowers shook and a Vine Whip shot out as she spun once more, aiming for the not so mobile Pokemon's chest.

Free: 91% using Vine Whip

@Kaien

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 09:29 PM

Admin

@Drakka

She still hadn't quite figured out what was happening between the two of them, but could be grateful that the human was protecting the bottle she'd been working so hard to transport. But time was running out! There really wasn't time to spare sitting here battling this other human and her pokemon, but the scyther was still fighting the urge to simply take the bottle and fly off. She couldn't afford to face another situation where she dropped the item and couldn't pick it up. If it took too long, she'd help this fairy dispose of the seal.

But as the grass whips flew across the air and whipped the seal, causing her to shout out in pain and fall on it's back, she had a little faith this comfey could handle this battle on it's own. The seal was working on getting back up, but the man's pokemon had spoken to her. "The human is sorry? You have quite the strange human." What did this human have to apologize for? It was the other who should be apologizing and leaving them alone! "I appreciate your assistance in dealing with this troublesome situation so we may continue. I'm in a hurry."

Sweetie was definitely going to be bruised, and the woman was shocked this timid man's pokemon had walked into this fight packing such a punch. As the popplio got back on it's fins, she called out the next commands. She was already on top of the fight, having predicted the next command. Her eyes were glazed with a film of water, shiny and wide-open as she looked at the comfey with baby-doll eyes to try and throw her off. Then, taking a deep breathe, she rang her disarming voice out in a beautiful melody, using her song as an attack as well.

As she launched her attacks, the water coating her skin glowed lightly as it moisturized her, providing some relief from it's components to her now very bruised chest. It wasn't nearly as significant as the attack had been, her weakness to grass betraying her, but it would help in keeping her fighting longer. Or so she hoped it would. She focused on the opponent, but idly wondered if she would have to fight the bug as well. There was no way she could take on both opponents alone, and hopefully her human would realize that.

a Trainer has appeared!

100% health. Willing to help, but convinced Free will wrap this up in a flash.

level slightly higher than Free ◒ female ◒ ability unknown ◒ Aqua Ring ◒ Water Gun
59% health. Healed 6% from Aqua ring. Uses baby-doll eyes, then disarming voice on Free..

--------------------
PM
^
Drakka
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 12:56 PM

Player

Ridley looked back at the Scyther, bouncing on his heels as his face paled. That sound hurt, what was that Pokemon doing!? He only flicked an eye on the battle before his bouncing increased in frequency. They had to go, they had to go! They had a potion to get to somebody! Somebody who was hurt! Why was this girl making everything so hard!?

Suddenly, the tension in the air snapped and two things happened at once. Free whimpered at the sound but fluttered her flowers and surged forward, her fairy typing allowing her to muscle through the sound as if it flowed over her and lashed out with a Vine Whip to smack the water type once more...though she did move a little slow at the Baby-doll eyes...

Then Ridley himself snapped. His hands clutched at his hair and quite suddenly, his breath hitched a split second before he burst. "Hurry u-up Free! We h-have to go! N-now! Hit-hit them a-again!" This had been tge first real order he gave Free, much less an order to hurt somebody, and she startled before whirling around with the same Vine Whip to smash the little seal again, despite her own qualms about hurting this creature once more, Ridley seemed desperate, that meant they had to do something now.

Free: 85% Used Vine Whip twice

@Kaien

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jul 25 2017, 05:26 PM

Admin

@Drakka

The grass whip came soaring across the distance between them to smack the seal again, though this time she stayed standing on her fins, refusing to fall again. The attack was still extremely painful, but she couldn't give up until her owner had. The girl called out for another water gun as the man was calling out again to his own pokemon. As she started collected water in her mouth, the other whip came crashing into her, knocking her down and deeply bruising her. She didn't bother trying to get up now, she was much too damaged.

"Noooooo!" The young woman whined out as the popplio was struck again, putting her down for the count. She huffed, and gave a little moan, pulling up the pokeball. "Well, you did your best Sweetie. Take a nap." Pressing the button she returned the pokemon to her ball, and looked over to Ridley. "Fair is fair. You won this battle, so I'll leave you to your scyther." She started to turn, but glanced back at him. "But don't you dare let this beautiful, strong creature go. Or I'll never forgive you." Looking forward again, she started off, adjusting her pink dress and brushing off a bit of dirt.

The scyther was very pleased with the results of the battle, and had noticed there was some semblance of teamwork between the two. But really, it was the comfey she had to thank for taking care of this annoyance quickly, and without needing help. "Glad to see you can handle yourself. Now if you and your human don't mind, we have somewhere to be!" Her buzzing was curt, turning and starting off, at a faster pace than before. They had some ground to make up, and every second counted when it came to this specific mission. She'd already been gone too long - what if they arrived too late?

Shaking off that thought, as worrying would not be helpful, the bug continued working its wings tirelessly as it hovered above the grass, blades just barely grazing the tips of her feet. She'd glance back, making sure the human was keeping up. She could care less if the other pokemon came along - though the company would certainly be welcome. If they faced trouble again, it would be good to have the ally to deal with whatever problem quickly. After all, they were likely running out of time. Unconsciously, the pokemon sped up a bit more, in her desperation to get to their destination quickly.

a Trainer has left!

100% health. LET'S MOVE!

2% health. Back in pokeball.
PM
^
Drakka
 Posted: Jul 25 2017, 09:26 PM

Player

Ridley knew he was being a little rude when he was already turning on his heel to go, but he did pause long enough to hear and offer a shaky smile, "Of course, I-I wouldn't be h-here otherwise!" Instantly, he was running. Free was suddenly there, wrapping around his arm and visibly resting, "What do we race toward so hastily?" She mumbled to nobody in particular.

Meanwhile, Ridley was really thinking right now. A beautiful creature? That? Well, maybe her wings were kinda impressive looking, but he didn't trust that she was pretty in the traditional sense. Strong, he definitely believed she was strong, but not beautiful! Yet that was just raising up more problematic questions...most of all one...

Can you control this beast? No

@Kaien

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Save Your Goodbyes FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Kaleidoscope a rf/hm based RP Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.