Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in conflict. Beta is asking for spies to infiltrate Omega's camp, while Dentelle simply wants to inquire after the scientist's progress. Later in the season, Beta is hosting his annual crater city tournament, where people can test their Pokemon and their leadership and strategies against one another.

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Closed
New Poll

Cynth & Victor
Jani
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 11:51 AM

Admin

Cynth & Victor

Prompts

❥ What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
❥ What are your goals for the next couple years?
❥ Would you rather be able to fly, or breathe underwater?

@Jani @Shasyu

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 08:16 PM

Admin

Cynth
&
Victor
[not-ice egg: 4] [bab post: 4]

Cynth's second date also happened to be her last date- she had only signed up for two, as she had to be on her way back to Crater after not too long. Her training regimen with her Pokemon, as well as Agata's teaching and work, kept her really quite busy. Plus, she was hoping to ask around a bit to see if there were any Pokedex for sale. The prompts from her previous date had had the unintentional and unexpected side-effect of reminding her that Ashfield was probably a good place to check for higher-technology items. The fact that Dentelle, the most well-known scientist in all of Terrene, lived here... That probably meant that there was more tech here, right? It was worth a shot, anyway, if she had the time.

She made her way past each empty seat, looking for the next place card that had the telltale five letters that would indicate where she was supposed to sit for this next date. She moved in her usual lopsided gait, leaning even more heavily on her crutch than normal because of the multiple bags she had hanging from her. Two separate bags had each previously been filled with an egg, and then a third bag which carried her regular, everyday things.

During her previous date, however, one of the eggs had hatched quite unexpectedly. The young creature had worn itself out incredibly quickly, though, and was the mammal was now curled and sleeping in the bag with some of the fragments of the egg it had hatched from not more than an hour previously.

The laden woman was huffing just a little bit by the time she found her assigned seat. Gratefully, she removed the bags from her shoulders and gently placed them beside the chair, save for the bag with the newborn, which she kept

She leaned her crutch against the table and set delicately into her seat, quite glad for the chance to sit back down, and settled the sleeping infant tenderly into her lap.

(Sorry for the short intro, just wanted to get something posted here~)

Count -
user posted image #fcecb6 user posted image #402d26 user posted image #772229

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 08:35 AM

Temp

Victor Emerson

@Jani

Victor had moved onto another date. The first was alright but he felt like they were barely into the conversation. The other date was more of a chill conversation with an old acquaintance. But he had one more to go and he hoped it was probably best to get it over with. He did consider just leaving early but seeing as how he made it this far there didn’t seem to be any reason to quit.

The man made his way to the final table and he saw that the girl was already sitting. From the angle he was walking toward the table he couldn’t even tell that she was missing any limbs, so when he finally drew close he realized a little too late. The man made sure to announce his presence before sitting down as to not startle the woman, whatever her name was. He had to shout inside of his mind over and over to not look at her arm or foot.

“Hi, I’m...Victor,” he didn’t know why he paused for a moment. Seeing at the table, he saw her name next to his but wanted to allow her to introduce herself first before addressing her as so. Once she did, he sat down and allowed his eyes to wander off for a bit while he got comfortable. “Sorry it took me so long, I was honestly considering ditching this whole thing all together,” he explained with a light chuckle.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: May 28 2018, 12:10 PM

Admin

Cynth
&
Victor
[not-ice egg: 6] (zubat egg has hatched by this point, I've edited the past post to reflect that)

Cynth raised her head and smiled as a voice spoke over the low din of other, more distance voices. Victor, was the name he introduced himself by. "Good to meet you, Victor. I'm Cynth." She watched in polite silence as Victor settled himself down opposite her, and apologized for being late.

"No, it's alright. I needed a moment to catch my breath, anyway. It's certainly been an eventful day." She worried a bit at his comment of considering ditching the event- was he not having fun?- but his tone of voice and the following chuckle relaxed her.

"That bad?" She asked, pitching her voice to try and continue and imitate the more humorous tone that Victor had used. She wasn't all that good at joking and being funny, but she figured it was worth a shot. Hopefully it wouldn't come off as awkward. And if it did... well, hopefully he wouldn't actually ditch her. How awkward would it be to sit here and watch her date walk away?

"I'm glad you decided not to ditch. Should we get started, then?" She slid the questions toward her, figuring she could ask the first question to get their little date rolling. "Oh, the last question here seems interesting. Guess we should start with the first one, though... 'What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?'"

The sleeping baby made not even the slightest stir during all of this, apparently having fallen into a very deep first sleep outside of the egg.

Count -

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Shasyu
 Posted: May 28 2018, 10:23 PM

Temp

Victor Emerson

@Jani

Alright, she wasn't upset at his tardiness. Perhaps they could be off to a good start then. The woman introduced herself as Cynth. An interesting name that felt a bit incomplete but what the hell did he know? Victor didn't want to say much else until she did. He felt a little awkward about making a joke since it really wasn't like him.

Perhaps he worked too hard at trying to stay calm that making a small jest felt the same as telling a lie. It made him uncomfortable, especially if it was not received well. She replied with a question that sounded like she was aware that he was joking a bit. Hearing her reply kind of made him think about what he just said. He hoped she didn't feel like it was directed at her even though she didn't seem upset. Some people were pretty good at covering up their true feelings.

Victor nodded his head as she asked about them beginning the questions written out for them. He had almost forgotten that was what they were supposed to be doing. Not sitting their nervously with regret on things said five seconds ago. The man listened closely as she asked the first question.

It was strange to think about. "The nicest thing?" he repeated, not really implying he wanted her to ask again. "I guess, watch my back," he said thinking back to moments where others fought along side him. Victor couldn't really think of much else. His experience in terrene wasn't exactly the best, even if he didn't have much to compare it to.

"What about you? Anyone do anything good for you?"

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: May 29 2018, 09:40 AM

Admin

Cynth
&
Victor
[not-ice egg: 10]

The difference between this date with Victor and her previous date with Shae was already so apparent. Victor was definitely a person of fewer words and expressions, whereas Shae was much less reserved in all things. Cynth wasn't put off by this, however- she was eager to get to know all sorts of people. And she knew it wasn't fair to compare people to one another, so she put her thoughts of Shae aside.

"That is a good answer. It's important to have people that you can rely on." Cynth commented briefly on Victor's answer before taking only a short moment to think about what her own answer would be.

"The nicest thing anyone has ever done for me was let me sleep in their home while I was homeless." Technically there were two people that had done this for her, but one person had done it for selfish and manipulative reasons, rather than selfless and caring reasons. "Not only that, but she has been teaching me the tools of her trade and letting me work with her to earn some tokens for myself. Basically, she helped me become more independent. She still is, really. She's a nice lady."

It seemed that she couldn't help but bring Mrs. Mitja up no matter what the conversation was about; she was a topic of conversation in her previous date, as well.

"Would you like to read the next question?"

Count -
user posted image #8884FF

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 07:41 AM

Temp

Victor Emerson

@Jani

Victor nodded his head hearing that she liked his answer. He didn’t have really anyone he could trust besides his pokemon and possibly a single friend. The man would've liked to have trusted more people but it was difficult in this world. People and creatures were unpredictable and even someone as seemingly kind as this woman could be no different. He hoped not.

He listened as Cynth spoke about what someone had done for her. It was nice to know that there were people like that who didn’t mind sharing their home. It wasn’t like Victor had met people who wouldn’t have done the same but he just didn’t trust them enough. Also the man didn’t want to feel like he owed others. He was stubborn like that and it’s probably why he spends his days living in a tent.

Cynth went on to tell him about this person who helped her with so much more. Victor understood how important it was to be independant, especially in this world. He only nodded his head lightly. “That’s good,” he said replying to her answer. “I’m glad you’re able to take care of yourself. It’s pretty tough out here and it would be a shame if good people couldn’t make it.”

The woman asked if he’d like to read the next question. He didn’t see why he shouldn’t. “Oh right,” he said quickly checking the prompt. He hated this kind of question but it had to be asked. “You have any goals you’re trying to achieve in the next couple of years?”

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 11:30 PM

Admin

Cynth
&
Victor
[not-ice egg: 13]

Cynth nodded her head slightly as Victor expressed agreement with her sentiments, and it almost sounded as if there were a compliment in there. Did he think of her as a good person? Perhaps he was just assuming. They really didn't know each other yet. Still, intentional or not, she appreciated it.

The next question was extremely similar to one that she had answered at the last date. Goals for the future? She had felt bad answering this question on her previous date, and her answer certainly hadn't improved since then. "Oh, I don't know. Nothing very exciting or specific, I suppose. I want to learn more about medicine and healing Pokemon. I want to buy a Pokedex and use it to learn more about Pokemon, especially the ones I have on my team." Cynth gave a shrug and an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, that's a boring answer, I think. But I guess I feel like I'm still... building myself. Figuring out who I am and what I want, and why. I dunno."

Cynth paused for a moment to lean over slightly and check on her egg. It would be extremely unusual for both eggs to hatch in the same day, but she was a bit paranoid since the one had hatched so unexpectedly. Speaking of, she checked on the infant bat as well, only to find him still sound asleep.

She brought her gaze back up to Victor, listening to his response. Once he had given it, and once she had made whatever responses she was going to, she would look at the final question and read it: "Would you rather be able to fly, or breathe underwater?"

(Sorry to rush it along and make you answer two prompts in one post- just wanted to be able to finish this before I have to close all the dates!)

Count -

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 06:48 PM

Temp

Victor Emerson

@Jani

It was nice to hear that she was interested in helping pokemon. Lots of people wanted to explore or catch pokemon. But she was thinking about medicines and healing. Victor never thought about getting a pokedex before since the only other one he’s seen was the one Sonia had. Perhaps it would be a good idea to look into getting one. If it was really as helpful as the woman said.

“No, that’s all fine. It’s refreshing to hear someone talk about doing good for pokemon instead of using them for personal gain,” he said as he felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. There was a sense of guilt as the trainer was one of those people. As much as he cared about his pokemon he couldn’t deny that he obtained most of them under the idea that they’d be useful for his adventures.

“I can’t say I have an exact goal other than seeing all there is to see. I want to see other cities and discover more pokemon,” said Victor, not really sounding like this was his passion. It was mostly because he wasn’t great at expressing himself.

Moving on, it was Cynth’s turn to read the final question. It was a simple question and it shouldn’t have taken long to think of an answer. As a matter of fact, Victor was pretty sure he knew. “Fly. I could care less about the ocean. I want to explore the skies,” replied the trainer as he folded. “How about yourself?”

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 11:20 AM

Admin

Cynth
&
Victor
[not-ice egg: 16]

Cynth found it interesting how monotone and calm Victor was, no matter what he was talking about. From the joke at the beginning to the appreciation he gave on her answers tot he questions to his own description of the goals he had for his life... he always seemed very... controlled? She didn't know him well enough to know if that was the correct word or not. Perhaps he was simply nonexpressive. It wasn't something she would hold against him, of course. It just made making connections a bit harder.

"Exploring Terrene does sound like a fun adventure," Cynth replied with a smile. That had been her previous date's answer to the question of future goals, as well. Apparently there were a lot of people who felt the allure of the mystery associated with the largely undocumented continent of Terrene. After all, who knew what one could find out there! The possibilities must seem endless.

Moving onto the next question, she listened with polite interest to Victor's quick response. Flying... she tried to picture it, but found herself getting a little sick to her stomach. "I, ah, I don't think I could handle flying. I would be too afraid to go up high. So I'd choose to breathe underwater, although not because I love the ocean. I wouldn't plan on exploring the ocean's depths myself. But, it could potentially save me in an otherwise life-threatening situation. I would be immune to drowning."

Cynth shifted in silence for a moment, leaning back into her chair somewhat. "I guess that's it. Thanks for the conversation, Victor. It was good to meet you! I hope to see you around sometime."

Count -

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 12:26 PM

Temp

Victor Emerson

@Jani

Victor smirked lightly as Cynth gave her reason why she wouldn't want to fly. The man couldn't understand why anyone wouldn't. Watching everything from above and not having to walk anywhere seemed ideal. Still, if she was afraid of heights then that would make sense for her.

"Well I guess that breathing underwater is okay. Even if it's neither of our first choices," he replied. Though it would also be dangerous to be in the ocean anyway.

With all the questions answered and Victor wanting to get back to his pokemon, he figured it was best to get going. Cynth seemed pretty done with the date as well and he didn't want to keep her. She was kind and he wouldn't mind meeting her again but for now he was glad to be done with this strange night.

Standing and waiting for the woman to leave first, Victor lightly bowed. "It was good meeting you too. Stay safe," he said as he waved goodbye. Once she was out of sight, he left the table and went back to his tent to get some sleep.

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 11:23 AM

Admin

topic closed
▲▲ +50 tokens to each for a complete thread

Daaaaw Cynth is so presh! These two don't seem to have a lot of common ground atm, but at least they had a nice casual date :3

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp Pokefalls Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.