Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new universe, this new world, and give it purpose. (Our site is best viewed in Firefox or Chrome.)

Events

It's the most wonderful
time of the year- meaning, the time of Delibird gifts and of winter festivals! And as always, our plot events are still going strong.

Season

winter will be here until
March. Aside from the western Great Forest, which is too warm, and the Desert Strip, which is too dry, snow begins to fall across the region. The chill of the season has just about every area firmly in its grasp. Ice and Dark types become more common as the temperature drops and the daylight fades.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Travel Lighter, [Adventure - Travel]
Rixie
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 07:03 PM

Lore

((A continuation of Travel Light. Mid-late summer time, late morning. Just entering from the Western Forest. Hoping to find some Deerling with Nyra and possibly befriending them.))

"I think we've crossed some kind of line," Cynthia spoke matter of factly as she hoisted her bag higher on her shoulder and continued walking. "The trees have been getting thinner, and a little... different. The air is less humid. We are probably entering the forest you were talking about where all the Deerling live." She glanced at her companion, Nyra. The young woman seemed to be quite friendly, albeit somewhat timid. She couldn't help but smile; Nyra was right. A Deerling would fit her perfectly.

She peered out from the path into the trees, wondering what kind of Pokemon they'd come across here. In the rainy jungle-forest they had just left, they'd found... a rather large amount of powerful Pokemon that they had no chance of surviving an encounter with. Maybe, just maybe, they'd find something their own size here.

Amnisiad, meanwhile, was still lost in thought. She tumbled the parting words of the Oranguru they'd met over and over in her brain as she struggled with the deep sense of longing she felt. It wasn't even the words themselves; it was the tone of voice and the sense of wisdom behind them. She wanted that back. Cynthia was a good friend, but she was not a mother. Not in the slightest. A leader, a companion, yes. But not a mother. And Amnisiad... she felt so small. So young. Perhaps she shouldn't have left home yet. She gazed sadly straight ahead of her. Which happened to be right at Nyra. But she wasn't actually seeing anything.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Oct 23 2017, 03:43 PM

Admin

@Rixie

"Oh?" Nyra blinked a couple times at her traveling companion before looking around with widened eyes. "Oh! You are right, I believe." The woman's steps became a bit lighter and quicker, keeping up with Cynthia with more ease, apparently encouraged by the lightening and thinning of the forest. Somewhere in the back of her mind she had been wondering if they'd ever get out of that thick, dark, wet rainforest- but now that it had been brought to her attention, she was delighted to notice that the air was both dryer and lighter.

Right at that moment, Grey decided that he'd had about enough walking- how many hours straight had he been awake? It was rough being the nightwatchman. He stopped in his tracks and directed a firm bark at Nyra. Startled, the woman turned around to face the trailing hound and stared at him for a moment before realizing what it was that he wanted. Stuttering some reassurances and some apologies, she rifled through her things and plucked out Grey's pokeball, returning him to it. Then she apologized to Cynthia for the interruption and continued hesitantly leading the group forward.

It wasn't long after that that a few local Pokemon came into sight- and hearing-range for Cynthia, Nyra, and Amnisiad.

The first was separate, off a few yards to the right and keeping to himself. A bird, his posture clearly indicated his desire for space- though he had noticed the approach of Cynthia's party (as made obvious by the manner in which he kept sneaking glances at them, peeking under his wing), he kept his back facing them and he was somewhat hunched over, his vaguely scraggly looking wings held not at rest, but partially aloft and away from his body. Despite his intentions to remain alone and unbothered, the colors on his body worked against him, bright blue and light tan and pinkish orange feathers doing him no favors when it came to camouflage. Still, he seemed content to leave Cynthia and co. well enough alone, assuming they provided him the same courtesy.

Two other wild creatures were just ahead, interacting in a brief altercation just as the humans (and shoulder-robin) were approaching.

The first creature was the one the women were seeking out: a Deerling, colored brightly green and with a cheerful yellow flower atop her head, between her ears. She seemed... unsettled. She was looking all around with mutedly frantic expressions and movements, but every now and then she'd bend down to take a mouthful of grass before again moving about without any apparent aim or intent, but with a lot of angst.

One of the times the young deer reached down to grab a bite to eat, she met with more than she had bargained for.

//Youch! HEY DON'T EAT ME!//

Caught in the deer's flat teeth was a squirming green plant Pokemon, with a yellow face in the middle of her body clearly displaying her pain and displeasure at her current situation.

She was immediately spat out, and the Deerling launched into a flurry of mumbled, fumbled apologies and excuses. This did not assuage the small one's anger, and she began to scold the significantly larger half-grass-type about paying attention where she was going and what she was putting into her mouth as well as complaining about how moist her bud now felt and how exceedingly unpleasant that was.

None of the three Pokemon in the area approached Cynthia, so she had the initiative in this situation.

a tame Poochyena!
level higher than Amnisiad ◒ Male ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #777777
Zzzz.

a wild Archen has appeared!
level similar to Amnisiad ◒ Male ◒ Defeatist ◒ moves unknown ◒ #0066cc
Very suspicion, much anxious, wow.

a wild Deerling has appeared!
level similar to Amnisiad ◒ Female ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #f2db39
I'm eating my feelings.

a wild Budew has appeared!
level similar to Amnisiad ◒ Female ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #70c272
DEER SLOBBER

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Rixie
 Posted: Nov 3 2017, 01:14 PM

Lore

Cynthia gave a small smile at the Poochyena. She swore she saw him proudly stifling a yawn right before he was returned into his pokeball. Something about his pride, territoriality, and strength made her certain that she wanted a Poochyena of her own someday. She hoped she could find one.

Amnisiad stared hopefully, intently, when she caught sight of the bird. How could she not? He was beautiful! Such colorful plumage. Alas, he didn't seem like he wanted to be bothered. Choking back her disappointment, she continued to stare in his direction curiously.

Cynthia was completely ignoring the bird, though. He did not interest her, especially not when Nyra and she had the luck to have found their query. Although, the Deerling seemed... distracted and distraught. "Amnisiad..." she spoke softly and pointed with her finger without actually outstretching her arm, so as not to frighten the creature. "Can you ask that little Deerling if something is the matter?"

Amnisiad tore her gaze away from the bird to look at her human with a glassy tint to her black eyes. "What...? Oh. The Deerling. Right." But just as she was about to chirp out to the other young Pokemon, an angry shriek broke through the forest air. She stared, open-beaked, at the unfolding drama before them.

Cynthia frowned as the Deerling appeared to be even more upset now. Not to mention the other, more plant-like Pokemon. Cynthia spoke up loudly, drawing attention to herself as she took a few more steps closer to the two of them, "Hey. It looks like the Deerling already apologized. There's no need to continue this scolding."

Amnisiad caught onto the tone of voice, and twittered, "Hey, yeah. She's obviously sorry. So calm down, you plant. You're making her feel bad."

user posted image
Amnisiad: Female Fletchling
Ability: Big Pecks || Nature: Hasty || Level: 7 || Loyalty: 23%
Health: 100% || Status: Healthy || Held Item: None
Moves: SNATCH ◒ Tackle ◒ Growl ◒ Quick Attack
Personality: messy; high energy spikes; too curious

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Nov 11 2017, 06:35 PM

Admin

@Rixie

Nyra seemed entirely oblivious to the minor conflict taking place before her; she was entirely riveted by the sight of the Deerling alone, completely enthused and entranced and obsessed. "Arceus, oh Arceus, look at it!" Her voice was nothing more than squeaky whisper. She clasped her hands together, then brought them up under her chin, then unclasped them and placed her fingers on her cheeks. She seemed barely able to contain her excitement and was obviously doing her best not to frighten the otherwise occupied Deerling. "It is so beautiful, and oh that color, such a cute color! And it's little, little hooves and it's long ears and that flower, oh-"

Her whispered obsessing was cut short when Cynthia changed from speaking softly to her robin to loudly commanding the Budew to cease its protestations.

Both Budew and Deerling had surprise plastered on their faces as the simultaneously whipped around to face the unknown speaker whose words they could not understand, but whose disapproving tone was clear. The Deerling took many steps back, eyes wide and clearly frightened; but when Amnisiad came forward and twittered her phrase of agreement, the deer hesitated. In the next few passing moments, though, the deer began to sidle and sidestep slowly away. Nyra kept herself parallel with the creature, choosing to ignore the drama and fixing her eyes and her smile on the bright green deer instead. For each step sideways the Deerling took away from the Budew, Nyra took an equal step away from Cynthia and Amnisiad.

The plant, on the other hand, was none too pleased, and her expression went from surprise to disdain and anger.

//Excuse me?// She began, and let those two words hang in the air as she caught her breath. She gave an uncertain glance toward the humans, their presence clearly making her uncomfortable, but then redirected to Amnisiad and proceeded with her rant anyways. //How about you mind your own business, little bird? How about I go find some hungry Persian to come along to nibble on your face- oh, but it's alright as long as he apologizes, right? Seeing your life flash before your eyes wouldn't make you angry or anything, because hey, the carnivore who clearly eats meat and has often eaten your kind before obviously didn't mean to, right? Alls well that ends well, after all, and what's a little bite between predator and prey, eh? No, no, nothing but good feelings here!//

As it turns out, telling someone to calm down does not, in fact, always calm them down.

Meanwhile, off in the wings of the stage on which this drama was playing out, the Archen had loosened up considerably and seemed to be settling in for a nap; he leaned into the tree trunk somewhat and then tucked his head and beak beneath one of his colorful wings.

Food coma time.

I'm uncomfortable. Very.

Full of indignant rage.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Rixie
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 10:44 PM

Lore

Despite the tense situation, Cynthia's lips twitched upwards in a smile when she heard Nyra's excitement. Undoubtedly, this was her dream come true. She only hoped that they could find a way to ease the situation and befriend the Deerling, and hopefully find a second one as well. If they only managed to befriend this one, Cynthia would be disappointed, but... Cynthia saw the creature begin to sidestep away, and she forced her thoughts away. There was no point in attempting to decide what to do if something or another happened. Right now, they had to get this ranting Budew subdued somehow, and had to see about asking if there was anything they could do for the Deerling.

Amnisiad took a deep breath, eyes flashing angrily as the plant threw a long tirade at her. She was puffing herself up and getting ready to fling back a fiery retort, but she was cut off by Cynthia's quiet tone.

"Amnisiad, you worry about the Deerling," she gestured at the respective Pokemon. "Find out what is wrong, and if we can help. I," Cynthia turned her intense dark green eyes to the offending Pokemon, "will take care of the Budew." Forest green orbs were full of a dangerous glare for the plant Pokemon, gripping her spear tightly as she took several menacing steps towards it.

Amnisiad started in alarm, before twittering in a low tone, "Listen well, plant Pokemon. You should leave right now. Um. Yeah. See ya." Her threat ended rather lamely, but she didn't have time to worry about it. The Fletchling promptly took off from Cynthia's shoulder. She landed on the ground a few feet from Nyra. She still didn't entirely trust the other human, though Cynthia seemed to call her friend. Admittedly, her mistrust was changing from fear of being eaten to fear of being stepped on... but still, she didn't want to be too close. Amnisiad implored of the Deerling, "Hey... Um... What's wrong?" She took a small hop closer. "Don't worry about that plant. My human will take care of it, and then I'll tell her to help you out. Please just tell me what the matter is?"

"Go on. Scram," Cynthia leveled her spear, pointing it straight at the Budew and standing in a ready position. Her teeth were bared and gritted tightly. Usually, she preferred to take her prey out without being seen. She didn't actually know for sure if she could win without the element of surprise, even though the creature before her was quite small, plant-like, and did not appear particularly strong. Sometimes, appearances were deceiving.

user posted image
Amnisiad: Female Fletchling
Ability: Big Pecks || Nature: Hasty || Level: 7 || Loyalty: 23%
Health: 100% || Status: Healthy || Held Item: None
Moves: SNATCH ◒ Tackle ◒ Growl ◒ Quick Attack
Personality: messy; high energy spikes; too curious

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Nov 28 2017, 08:18 PM

Admin

@Rixie

//In fact, maybe I should apologize to the Deerling, I mean hey, it's my own fault, right? I'm small and green so I'm practically begging for someone to- eeeeeuuummmmnng!// The intended effect of frightening the Budew into silence was certainly achieved- the creature squealed sharply mid-sentence and stumbled backward in fright, her tiny stubby feet tripping over the uneven ground as the human advanced and then pointed a very sharp-looking object at her with an unmistakably aggressive gleam in her eyes.

//OH MY ARCEUS PLEASE DON'T KILL ME, DON'T LET HER KILL ME// The small bud creature shrieked, flopping a bit on the ground as she tried to get her feet back underneath her in order to flee more effectively. Assuming neither Cynthia nor Amnisiad actually launched an attack against her, she'd be on her feet after a long and terrifying moment and would be waddling away as fast as her tiny feet could take her.

The Budew's cries of fear did nothing to assuage the Deerling's anxiety, however. A tongue-lashing from an armless plant less than half of her own height was one thing; a towering predator armed with a long weapon and clearly willing and able to use it was an entirely different thing.

The creature's skittering only increased as Cynthia made her verbal and nonverbal threats and as the Budew subsequently screamed with fear and made attempts to flee; however, Amnisiad's gentle words kept her from turning tail entirely. As afraid as she was of the human, she did have a problem and the bird was offering to help.

//Th-the human is with you?// The Deerling's voice was soft and small and gentle; if a small tuft of cotton had a sound, that's what the little deer's voice would sound like. //She almost stabbed that little plant! Do you know why? She is so frightening.// She took a couple more steps away from the human, but remained engaged in conversation with Amnisiad.

//Oh, this is all my fault, isn't it? I got lost, and then I got scared, and then I bit that little Budew, oooohhh... I can't find my herd, you see. I would like help, um. But, um.// They said beggars couldn't be choosers, but... //I don't want anyone to get stabbed.// She didn't want to lead a stabby-human to her herd, and she didn't want anyone to get stabbed along the way, either. Not even that Budew.

Meanwhile, when Cynthia made her menacing approach and caused the scream of the plant, Nyra was jolted out of her Deerling-induced trance and looked over at the woman with eyes comically wide. "C-Cynthia! Uh- I- what are you doing!" Her voice was a screechy whisper, her eyes darting around from Cynthia, the spear, the Budew, the Deerling.

Zzz.

I'm now uncomfortable and frightened.

Run, I mean waddle, awayyyyyyy!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Rixie
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 06:04 PM

Lore

Cynthia breathed a soft sigh of relief. She didn’t actually want to deal with the plant Pokémon, and now that it had run away, they were free to focus on their actual quarry. She lowered her spear, letting it sink to the ground, still keeping a dark, watchful eye on where the Budew had vanished between some shrubs.

Amnisiad gave a quick glance to Cynthia when the Deerling said she was frightening. ”Yeah, she’s mine. Um... she means well, really.” The tiny robin Pokémon looked back to the Deerling and chirped away, ”She’s a little hotheaded though, and sometimes she’s over protective. Actually, she’s pretty much always over protective. She probably thought the Budew would attack you. Or me.”

The Deerling was fretting now, blaming herself for everything. Amnisiad blinked, unsure of what to say. She said somewhat lamely, ”N-No I’m sure it isn’t... entirely your fault. One time I got lost too. I was so scared that I accidentally um... well, Mama Bird was so mad when she came and found me.” The Deerling admitted to why she was being hesitant, and Amnisiad could fully understand her apprehension. ”Stabbed? Um. Oh, yeah. That. Uh... Just a second. I’ll tell her off and make sure she doesn’t over zealously go around stabbing anyone. Unless there’s actually a really big predator. No promises then. I don’t want to be a Persian’s snack.” The Fletchling gave a high-pitched nervous chitter of laughter.

The Fletchling flew up from the ground to Cynthia’s shoulder and took a deep breath. She burst into an angry sounding tirade of chirps and scolding ”Human! That wasn’t necessary! The plant wasn’t going to harm anyone and you made the situation worse instead of better! Look, you scared her!” Amnisiad ended her rant with a sweeping gesture of one wing towards the Deerling.

Between Nyra’s panicked whispers and Amnisiad’s angry twittering, Cynthia felt somewhat outnumbered. Twisting her face into a sour frown, she scowled quietly as she dropped her gaze to the floor, ”I am just ending the battle before it starts. But I can see that this was an inappropriate show of force. I’ll admit that I’m not used to dealing with... gentler. Beings.” She recollected herself, taking a deep breath to calm the righteous fury trying to boil over in her chest. Deerling were relatively peaceful creatures, and she supposed she needed to reflect that rather than showing she was capable of fighting and protecting.

With Cynthia subdued and somewhat sullenly wrapping her spear and stuffing it into her rough leather bag, where it protruded out the top like a flagpole, Amnisiad fluttered back to the Deerling, landing closer to her. With a satisfied gleam in her eyes, it was clear that the bird would be wearing a proud little smirk if she could. ”Now. With the stabbing gone, let us help you find your herd. Do you know where you last saw them? I could try flying into the air to help.” Amnisiad glanced at Cynthia. Despite her hotheadedness, she was decent at tracking. If Amnisiad couldn’t find the Deerling’s herd from the air, she was sure Cynthia would have more ideas. But one thing at a time.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 08:33 PM

Admin

@Rixie

Nyra watched Amnisiad and Cynthia have a brief conversation, wringing her hands nervously. The Deerling also watched, shifting her weight a bit from hoof to hoof as the little robin spoke scoldingly to the human. She shuffled and turned away a little bit, embarrassed, when Amnisiad gestured toward her and told the human about how she was frightened. It was true, of course, and she wasn't denying it. Still, she felt sheepish to have attention drawn to her in that way.

The human mumbled something and then covered the large pointy weapon; the Deerling was glad, and even though it redoubled her embarrassment to have the human apparently obeying her own sort-of-unspoken request, she had to admit to herself that she felt a bit safer with the item out of sight. Mostly out of sight, anyways. At the very least, the human wasn't actively wielding the pointy-stabby object.

"Oh, oh, I see." Nyra murmured with some sympathy in response to Cynthia's explanation. She could... sort of understand where the other woman was coming from, though she never would have thought to react in the same manner. Her thoughts on the situation drifted away quickly, however, as her attention was drawn back to the Deerling as Cynthia's Amnisiad fluttered back over to the timid creature.

//Oh, th-thank you.// The Deerling stuttered an apology, still wrestling down her abashment about the entire situation. //My herd, um- well, you see, I'm not sure which direction they went in. I was distracted by a patch of flowers, the prettiest flowers I've ever seen. Too pretty to eat. But while I was looking at them, my herd kept moving. And then a little white creature jumped out of the flower patch and, well, I got so scared. I looked around for my herd but I couldn't see them and so I just ran... Um...// The deer glanced around.

//I... I think I came from that direction.// She tossed her head, using her nose to point in a northerly direction. //I stopped here because I tripped over that tree root. I'm not sure exactly which direction my herd was headed in, though... I, um, I don't usually pay attention to what our leaders are talking about.//

This whole mess really was her fault. That Budew was right... if only she'd pay attention!

If Amnisiad flew up to investigate the surroundings, particularly in the northerly direction that the Deerling had indicated, she would unfortunately not see any herd of Deerling and Sawsbuck, but she would at least spot a brightly colored patch of ground, likely the flowers that the Deerling had stopped to admire. The trees continued in all directions, though from a high vantage point, the Fletchling would be able to see that way further north, the trees seemed to thin out and become a little more sparse.

There wasn't much more information than that for Amnisiad to glean. If Cynthia took a look around, she'd be able to tell that the lost Deerling had been loitering around in this small area for a little while at least, as a lot of the sparse grasses trampled down, and much of it eaten down to the roots, as well. She might even be able to spot the root that the Deerling had tripped over, possessing a small bit of damage where a hoof had unexpected come into strong contact with it, chipping the root ever so slightly, and with a lot of the grasses and weeds bent and broken near the root where the Deerling had fallen after tripping.

"Sweet little Deerling, are you alright?" Nyra cooed ever so softly toward the hoofed creature that was holding a conversation with the little bird and shifting its weight nervously as it did so. "It looks young, doesn't it- why do you suppose it is out here alone?" She pitched the question to Cynthia, wondering if the other, more observant woman had a better grasp on the situation than she did.

(If there is any other info you think Cynthia or Amnisiad would look for in this area / anything else that I should make not of, just let me know.)

Zzz.

Bird friend is nice friend.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Rixie
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 02:41 PM

Lore

Cynthia gave a small smile to Nyra. It was somewhat endearing, how innocent and gentle the woman was by nature. It seemed that Nyra hadn't even considered fighting off, or scaring off, the Budew. While Cynthia could never picture herself being so soft, she realized she didn't mind having a companion with such a mindset. It was a sharp contrast to Amnisiad's fiery and sharp tongue, and her own decisive manner. She was only further persuaded that she should acquire a Deerling of her own. After, of course, securing one for Nyra. Her new friend wanted, and needed, one a lot more than she did.

Amnisiad brightened up at the mention of beautiful flowers. "I love pretty things. Ooh I'd love to see the flowers." She hastily added, "Oh! To find your herd, of course! If we can find those flowers, we can start looking for where your herd went. Yeah." Amnisiad shifted from foot to foot, a bit uncomfortable at the Deerling's mention of not paying attention to her leaders. Despite everything... despite her curiosity, her argumentativeness, her cheekiness... Amnisiad did hang on the every word of Mama Bird. She decided not to mention such, though, and she instead focused on her search.

Once alight, she noticed the bright patch, and she excitedly returned to the ground. "I think I found the flowers! Let's go this way!" She fluttered northwards and landed on a bush, waiting for the Deerling and the two humans with anticipation. As they approached, she hopped over and flapped her wings to get to the next bush, and the next. She peered ahead eagerly, seeking out the bright flowers with her large eyes.

Cynthia was looking at the freshly broken and chewed on twigs and leaves, trying to focus on which direction the Deerling had come from. She found what appeared to be a path, and was reassured when Amnisiad landed right beside it and began to hop and flutter her way down the path of crumpled leaves. She glanced at Nyra, "I'm not sure. She's probably lost, considering how anxious she seems. I'm guessing we should go this way and... well... we could try to find her herd. Perhaps there will be more Deerling there. Even if we can't... She might be grateful that we tried, and be willing to join you instead of continuing to wander around lost." She looked back to the Deerling. It occurred to her that if they helped her find her herd, she might not want to leave them again. But who knew? Perhaps some other individuals of the herd, maybe older or more adventurous ones, would. Amnisiad had already promised, so it seemed, to help. Cynthia would do whatever she could to fulfill that promise. She followed her Fletchling along the pathway the Deerling had blazed into the plant life.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 04:02 PM

Admin

@Rixie

"Lost... oh, poor girl! Are we helping her, then? I sure hope we are." Nyra wrung her hands and stepped closer to Cynthia as she spoke, watching the other woman as she examined the ground and then began to follow her bird up some invisible path. Nyra followed along closely, every now and then leaning over to peer around Cynthia to peek at the Deerling, who was following very closely behind Amnisiad.

//Oh, thank you! Yes, this is... this is the direction I came from, I think.// The Deerling confirmed in her nervous tones, her hooves stepping softly and delicately, but hurriedly, after Amnisiad.

They reached the flower patch in just a few minutes, a patch filled with brightly flowering plants contained in a very small clearing in the forest. The grass in the area was still bent, some blades broken. Although much of the plants were beginning to return to their correct posture after being previously disturbed, it was clear that there had been many feet through the area sometime prior. Around the outskirts of the clearing, there were a couple small piles of Deerling droppings, as well. There had definitely been Deerling here earlier, multiple Deerling.

The little lost Deerling went to go poke about in the flowers, and a little white creature popped up, drawing attention to herself with her high-pitched, clear dulcet tones. //Oh! You are here again!// For such a small creature, the voice produced was loud. The Deerling stumbled backward in surprise, then regained her composure and pranced in place as she tried to calm her heartbeat.

The fairy giggled. //My, what a skittish little Deerling you are!// The little white creature fell off her flower onto the ground, rolling in a fit of giggles. This was, apparently, the same little thing that had startled the Deerling into the previous flight that had gotten her lost, if the fairy's words were any indication. Luckily, the Deerling didn't freak out and flee again; she had enough presence of mind that she merely skirted backward and gave the fairy the side-eye.

//S-sorry... sorry...// The fairy apologized between giggles as she tried (mostly unsuccessfully, so far) to get her laughing fit under control.

!!!

a wild Flabebe has appeared!
level higher than Amnisiad ◒ Female ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #ff944d
!!!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Rixie
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 08:43 PM

Lore

Cynthia gave a small nod to Nyra between steps, "I'll do my best to help."

Amnisiad was delighted when they pressed through the forest long enough to find themselves at a nice, brightly colored flower patch. "Ooooh, pretty!" she cooed before fluttering off ahead of the little entourage, alighting on a twig of a low branch just above the flowers, looking down at them with intense interest. Her head darted and twisted abruptly as she excitedly examined each one.

Cynthia made a slow loop around the clearing, paying close attention to the Deerling droppings and the bent and bruised grasses. She hoped that at some edge of the clearing, she would find some freshly broken twigs and munched-on leaves, in a line leading out into the forest again. She leaned closer to the ground, also keeping an eye out for the odd padprint. Too bad the soil was dry here, and the small-statured Deerling didn't carry enough weight to make good, deep prints. But Cynthia knew, somehow, what else she should be looking for.

Amnisiad blinked with surprise when a tiny being popped out between the flowers, seemingly from nowhere. She leaned further on her twig, hastily splaying out her tail feathers to keep balanced. She spoke, "Oh. You must be the one who scared her off last time, too." She hesitated a moment, before flapping her wings vigorously as she thought of something. She addressed the hysterical fairy, "Oh! Hey, do you know where the rest of this Deerling's herd went, by any chance?"

Cynthia looked over from the patch of plants she was examining when she heard the commotion of the Deerling skittering away and the high-pitched, tinkling laughter. She frowned thoughtfully, wondering what kind of Pokemon that was. Like many others, it felt vaguely familiar, but only vaguely. She glanced back at her leaves, hoping that Amnisiad would be able to get some information from the wild Pokemon, but continuing her search just in case she couldn't.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 01:48 PM

Admin

@Rixie

As Amnisiad addressed her, the fairy worked a little harder to control her giggles; by the time the little bird asked the important question, the small white thing was climbing back up onto her flower. She settled on top of its petals, wiped the laughing tears from her eyes, and gave a nod.

//Yes, I think so. I actually thought they were going off in the same direction that this little one had run off, but they must have just passed by each other, or something. They went that way... somewhere.// The fairy pointed with her itty bitty teeny weeny arm in a general south-easterly direction. Just as the fairy had said, it was sort of in the same direction they had just come from, where they had first found the Deerling.

If Cynthia had examined that particular side of the clearing yet, she might have mistaken the signs of the herd's passing for more of the lost Deerling's chaotic flight out of the clearing. However, upon close examination- particularly if she looked a ways past the clearing, where the path of the single lost Deerling veered more south than east, Cynthia might see that there was another set of droppings and a few broken twigs and crushed leaves here and there. The delicate-footed Deerling herd didn't leave many signs of their passing, but there were a couple, at least.

//Oh, oh, how foolish of me to not see them or hear them! I must have been in too much of a panic.// Bemoaned the Deerling, from a safe distance away from the scary fairy.

Nyra, who though she stuck close by Cynthia's side, following her around the clearing, kept a very close eye on the Deerling, managed to catch the pointing motion of the fairy. Though Amnisiad was likely to relay the information to Cynthia anyway, or at least begin traveling in the indicated direction, Nyra couldn't wait and piped up in an eager voice that was just above a whisper. "Oh! The little white creature pointed that way! But... isn't that where we came from?" Still, she took a couple steps in that direction, before hesitating and turning around to see if Cynthia agreed that they should try going that way. She certainly wasn't about to leave Cynthia behind. The strong woman brought her a lot of comfort, a feeling of safety and reliability.

Assuming that they did travel in that south-easterly direction, the fairy would bid them a pleasant farewell. Cynthia would be able to find sparse signs every now and then that a number of creatures, presumably the Deerling herd, had passed through the area. It would have been difficult to track them, but luckily, they seemed to move in a fairly straight and consistent direction, so even if their path seemed to disappear, if Cynthia's group merely traveled in a relatively straight line, they'd rediscover the Deerling herd's trail fairly quickly.

The party would soon discover, however, that they weren't the only ones tracking the herd. Up ahead of them, just off to one side of the Deerling herd's mostly-straight trail, a pair of green hounds moved swiftly, silent aside from the quiet conversation that they were having with each other. One was small and clearly young, while the other moved with a confidence that indicated greater age and experience, obviously in his prime. Perhaps Amnisiad would spot them, if she were fluttering ahead, or perhaps one of their party would hear bits of their whispered conversation- something about hunting- from afar.

(Trying to keep up the pace so we can get Cynthia into the present instead of stuck in summer. I'm going to try and end the adventure in Forest Beach Village so that you don't have to worry about the supply packs between summer and winter, unless you had some other idea.)

woe is me

a wild Flabebe has appeared!
level higher than Amnisiad ◒ Female ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #ff944d
good luck~

a wild Electrike has appeared!
level higher than Amnisiad ◒ Male ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #8fbc8f
here son, let us do a hunt

level lower than Amnisiad ◒ Male ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #437043
yes daddy I will do a hunt

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Rixie
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 01:48 PM

Lore

Amnisiad jerked her head back in the direction that they had come from, staring with her dark beady eyes down the path. "Oh," she said, rather lamely. She tried to hide her embarrassment by hastily pressing her beak into her breast feathers, suddenly intensely interested in preening the burst of orange plumage. She should have looked around in all directions, instead of focusing on the one direction that the confused little Deerling motioned towards. She sneaked a peek at Cynthia, who was doing just that: examining the entire circle of the clearing, not biasing her results by only focusing on one area.

The Fletchling spoke in a soothing melody to the fretting Deerling, "Don't worry. We'll find them."

Cynthia frowned with disappointment when she didn't find any signs of recent movement other than the trail they just followed. Nyra spoke and in an eager whisper and Cynthia looked up. When she saw the direction that the fairy-like creature in the flowers pointed in, she did a double-take. Taking just a few careful steps along the trail behind Nyra, annoyed by the fact that their own traipsing through here had destroyed more of the evidence, she realized that there were, indeed, subtle signs of many more beings coming through here not that long ago. Her tongue clicked with a small noise of satisfaction, "Yes, this is the way we came. The path must split off." Slowly, carefully scanning the path for signs of a calmer, more orderly procession heading in a different direction, it wasn't too long before she found the fork in the road. It was much harder to see, as the ones making the road were not in a blind flight. Still, a faint trail of freshly broken twigs underfoot every now and then let her know she was going in the right direction.

Amnisiad fluffed her feathers as the humans took off and she reciprocated the fairy's goodbye with a soft trill. Then she flew off after Cynthia. Eager to look for the Deerling without having to wait for the slow progress of the humans, she fluttered up into the air to try and get a better vantage point.

From her height, Amnisiad saw the predators loping through the trees, and an odd sensation gripped her chest. She fluttered in a frantic little circle many yards above them, three times, then four, making absolutely sure she was indeed seeing two canine predators heading in a suspiciously similar direction. She was curious, but also cautious. She should probably report this back to Cynthia before doing anything else, but she couldn't quell the need to see the creatures closer. She was probably too small for them to consider her a meal. Right? Nonetheless, she stayed at the very top of the tree, where it would be easy to escape into the air if necessary, when she landed a few yards ahead of them and peered down at them.

Cynthia's eyes narrowed when the brightly colored bird vanished into a tree. She fought the urge to shout out to her to come back. Instead, Cynthia began to press forward faster, concerned for her charge and her friend.

(Forest Beach Village sounds ideal!)

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 12:22 AM

Admin

@Rixie

By this point, Nyra was practically reverberating with nervous energy; as Cynthia moved with slow, studious movements, her companion was bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet- subtly, but the movement was still there. It was hard to tell if Nyra was excited and eager or if she was anxious and agitated. She peered around Cynthia as the woman announced that the path split; she couldn't see anything, but she'd trust her traveling companion. She followed behind the tall, confident huntress, just fine with letting her take the lead, as always.

The Deerling half-followed, half-led, sort of carving a path parallel to Cynthia and Nyra. She was nervous at being left alone with the humans, and watched with wide eyes as her bird friend flew up and ahead and out of sight. Still, her newborn friendship with and trust in the bird was extended to the two humans who now walked beside her, since the Fletchling had spoken well of them. She'd stay with them, for now... after all, they had been helpful and kind so far.

Meanwhile, Amnisiad was now close enough to be mostly in ear shot of the hushed conversation the two canines were having. Luckily for her, neither of them seemed to notice her approach or landing; either that, or even if they did, they did not acknowledge her.

//Never underestimate your prey.// The tone was stern, with perhaps a hint of disappointment or disapproval, as if the older was reprimanding or scolding the younger. The smaller looked away ever so slightly as the larger one spoke, furthering the idea that he had just been on the receiving end of a parent's firm lecture. //The small, young, weak, unhealthy- they all have strong will to live, and will fight to the death to defend themselves. Additionally, herd animals such as these- they often band together to fight off their predators, so we must make up for their advantage in numbers by being not only strong, but clever, and always, always, observant and vigilant. Instincts will serve you well, but only if you are utilizing all of the information available to you.//

The younger Electrike was... sort of listening. He would nod at appropriate intervals, but his eyes wandered, and when his father finally seemed to wrap up the lecture, the son had nothing to say aside from, //Okay, dad.//

The father gave the son a sideways glance, but did not say anything further for a time.

As the minutes passed, Cynthia would be able to find a couple additional Deerling and Sawsbuck droppings; these were significantly more fresh than the ones found back in the clearing. The herd, it seemed, was not moving very fast, and as the time passed from late-morning to high noon, it seemed the humans and the lost Deerling were closing the gap.

woe is me

level higher than Amnisiad ◒ Male ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #8fbc8f
here son, let us do a hunt

level lower than Amnisiad ◒ Male ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #437043
yes daddy I will do a hunt

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Rixie
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 09:22 PM

Lore

Nyra fell behind her quickly, following just behind her. Cynthia didn't mind. To be honest, it felt... natural - leading the other woman through the forest, the two of them both seeking out something or another. She vaguely tried to remember why it felt so familiar, so easy, so... right. The distraction, however, made her nearly miss a fresher pile of droppings. Worse yet, it made her head swim and muddled her senses and thoughts. So she stopped trying to remember. It was a skill of survival, to be able to so simply and easily drop something that was bothering her, not that she recognized it as such at the moment.

"We're starting to catch up," she said reassuringly.

She kept her eye on the Deerling. It was strange, to be so close to a prey creature and have no intention of attacking it. Perhaps meeting Nyra had been more fortuitous than she thought. If it hadn't been for her, she would most likely have attacked the Pokemon on site. Instead, as she got to spend just a little bit of time in the Deerling's presence, the sheer frailty and helplessness inspired within her a desire to shield and protect. She liked it.

Amnisiad's little heart beat with a mixture of fear and awe. The relationship between the Electrikes did not go unnoticed, and Amnisiad felt a small pang of homesickness. She wished she could receive a lecture from Mama Bird again... All the more reason, then, that she felt a rush of heated emotion when the youngster completely disregarded his parent. She couldn't just let that fly. She hopped along the canopy, following their progress, "Hey! Hey you. Youngster. Yeah, I'm talking to you. What's wrong with you? Why aren't you listening to your dad? That's valuable information, you know. I wish I had a dad like yours." She glared with intense eyes at the young Electrike. Her voice trembled slightly, as she was doing her best to keep it quiet, to keep her emotions contained. They threatened to burst out in a tirade of ranting chirps.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Save Your Goodbyes FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Kaleidoscope a rf/hm based RP PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
skin by bonbon.