Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in conflict. Beta is asking for spies to infiltrate Omega's camp, while Dentelle simply wants to inquire after the scientist's progress. Later in the season, Beta is hosting his annual crater city tournament, where people can test their Pokemon and their leadership and strategies against one another.

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Closed
New Poll

Trying Again, [NPC Trade]
kira
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 07:55 PM

Temp

Some time had passed since Ri had gone around asking after a pokedex, with no success. So, she figured she might as well try again. She still didn't expect much, especially since well... It was all the way out in the mountains. Still... Might as well give it another go? Nothing bad would come of it, most likely. So, came another period where Ri left her pokemon in her tent since... Well... She figured it was best to leave them be while she was doing something that wouldn't take an excessive amount of time, and would likely be fairly boring.

So, standing in front of her tent, she took a deep breath and schooled her features into something approaching friendly so as to not immediately piss off anyone she may approach. She was well aware of her ah... Um, tendency to not make herself liked. Especially since it tended to be on purpose. Though, Ri found herself as of late well... Not trying to antagonize people as much. She guessed it was because she was meeting people like Blue.

Anyways, here she was, walking up to someone new. She didn't know their face, never having seen it before. "Hi, I'm looking for pokedexes. Got any idea where I could ask after one?"

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 02:06 PM

Admin

@kira

The scientist was lost in thought, long dull grey coat wrapped around his form as he pushed forward, considering the results of their recent experiments. Though they had pieced together equipment perfectly from their calculations, it seemed the machine they'd built wasn't quite up to snuff. No, so he was trying to come up with other ideas to present at their next meeting, which was only a few short hours away.

Though the blond haired man was pulled out of his thoughts as a woman spoke, approaching him as he wandered around aimlessly. He wasn't offended, and certainly kept a somewhat pleasant expression, but he would prefer this encounter was short so he could get back to work. He listened carefully to her words. "My apologies, but those are very hard to come by. I hate to admit it, but I haven't secured one of my own yet. If you head over there-" He gestured toward one of the larger setups in camp, where quite a few scientists were working on a couple different projects. "-one of them might have a better idea who would be willing to part with theirs, for the right price. Sorry, but I really should be on my way. Best of luck!" With the cheery goodbye, he started walking off once more, delving back into his thoughts.

(Strike one. No luck yet, two more tries in this thread. Maybe those scientists will have one they can pawn off!!)

PM
^
kira
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 04:35 PM

Temp

Ri ended up finding some guy in a gray coat, who had seemed a bit pre-occupied with pacing about, pulled out of his thoughts by Ri's question. He didn't seem upset by the redhead's interruption, so that was good. Luckily, he didn't seem too chatty. She listened to what he did say, and well... The whole bit about pokedexes being a rare valuable wasn't news. It wasn't surprising, even when she had found out. A device that carried information about pokemon seemed incredibly useful, and she imagined just about anyone would benefit from having one... Unless the dumbass in possession of it didn't understand exactly how useful it was. Hell, she hoped there was no one that stupid with one. Sounded like a waste.

Anyway, once more her luck failed with the guy she walked up to. Though, similarly to her last venture, he suggested she approach someone else. She followed where he gestured to. "Ah. I see. Thanks and goodbye." She said, not quite as cheery, but still doing her best to be civil and what barely counted as friendly.

Then she walked off to where the guy had pointed to, and when she'd finally gotten over there, she noticed how many of them seemed preoccupied. She kept her distance for a little bit, trying to pick out whom looked the least busy... And perhaps the least likely to bite her head off for interrupting. After picking one, she crossed her fingers (not literally) and walked up with that customer smile she'd sort of developed. "Hello. I'm searching for a pokedex, and someone suggested that there was the possibility of a little luck here?"

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 04:41 PM

Admin

@kira

If the structure of the formatting here is changed to the third formula proposed, then the gears would need to be aligned... like this. The scientist waved their hand at the large piece of parchment, all made up with sketches of some large, unknown device. The main piece on the top of the stack zoomed in on a particular section of the device, housing many little fragments of metal and a large variety of scribbled notes and formulas all over. It was certainly not something that made cohesive sense to anyone but those designing it.

But to the untrained eye, they were simply standing there, looking at the parchment. It wasn't really Ri's fault that they seemed to be the least busy of the group here. But unfortunately the engineer with the smooth, neutral features didn't quite agree. Their head snapped towards the woman, icy eyes glaring daggers at her. "Searching FOR a pokedex, or looking TO BUY a pokedex? Clarity, is important in being efficient. Speak up, tell me EXACTLY what it is you want." The androgynous voice spoke up, nothing about them leaning one way or another towards a specific gender.

But it seemed they weren't actually ready to give Ri a chance to respond. "Whatever your purpose to those unclear words phrased together in an inadequate question, I haven't the time for it, so make it quick. If you're looking to use a pokedex, you'll need to come back later when I'm not in the middle of my research. Since that's what people like me do in the middle of the day - our jobs." The words were pointed, and certainly not the end. "Though in my line of work, we, of course, have access to better tech than those of normal standings.

She huffed, thinking for a moment. "If you're looking to purchase, I SUPPOSE I could part with one. For the right price." She eyed up the woman, not exactly confident this girl would be able to sport the funds for such an expensive piece of tech. Nor actually understand and be able to use it. "The price stands a 925 tokens. Take it or leave it. Tokens first, than pokedex. I'm not letting anyone get their grubby hands on this amazing technology until they've earned it or properly paid for it."

Her brows furrowed at another thought, lips pursing before and after speaking. "And don't even think of asking me to teach you how to use it."

PM
^
kira
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 06:11 AM

Temp

Ri's first impression of the person she ended up approaching; Ri felt like she'd just been given a crash course in the re-lesson of why people could far bitchier than they first appeared. She supposed the surly person she approached while appearing the least busy... Was probably actually deep in complicated thought... Which would make them rather busy. At the very least, Ri dropped the smile, though keeping her expression thoroughly civil to the best of her abilities. She didn't appear fazed or scared away from the icy gaze.

She waited for the person to finish their ill-tempered tirade, despite the fact that they were shooting questions and demands in the middle of it. In general, Ri got another impression from this person: They didn't think much of Ri. That was fine. She wasn't here to make friends, anyway.

Once the person had finished speaking, Ri began to speak. "I am looking to purchase. I can pay your price of 925 tokens." She answered. To show and not waste any time, she began dumping.... Well, almost all of her tokens out of her pockets. Honestly, it was a lot of tokens that she'd been carrying around. She ah... Was reasonably talented at coming into large bursts of money in anticipation for things she desired... Like a pokedex. Or when she bought Yuki and Arashi's eggs.

She decided to cut off the potential of Ri sassing the person by addressing only the most crucial parts of this person's speech. Mostly because Ri would almost certainly come off as rude if she actually responded to anything else than the barest minimum.

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 08:33 PM

Admin

topic closed
▲▲ x1 pokedex

▼▼ -925 tokens

Processed!

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.