Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new universe, this new world, and give it purpose. (Our site is best viewed in Firefox or Chrome.)

Events

The biggest event of the
season- of the year, even- is the Anniversary Fair! We also have a lore contest for the month of November, and our plot events are still going strong.

Season

Autumn will be here until
December. All of Terrene is cooling by degrees; those in Ashfield scarcely notice because it never truly gets cold there, though they will notice the decreased rains and humidity. Winds pick up, particularly in the southern areas. Ghost types are more common this season.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Running Updates
Jani
 Posted: Jan 29 2017, 05:51 PM

Admin

1/29/2017

◒ New Gen Event

Most have probably already heard the news since it was discussed in the cbox, but just to inform those who have not been around, we are giving each Alolan Flood two weeks instead of one week, so as not to overwhelm the staff and to allow those currently finishing their starters to be able to participate.

◒ Loyalty

I have noticed that some players don't seem to be giving much attention to their Pokemon's loyalty levels. Most specifically, their starters (well, that's kind of obvious since not many people have multiple Pokemon, ha). Instead of contacting these people individually, I am making an announcement for all to see so that all can evaluate how their Pokemon are behaving. Pokemon should not automatically fawn over their brand new trainers! Please reread the loyalty topic and think about how you can write their relationship in a more interesting and realistic way!

◒ Participation Points

A while ago I added a new way to earn PP. Again, it was discussed and unofficially announced in the cbox, but I suppose it would be helpful to say it a little louder. In addition to alphabetizing the rarities, I would like them sorted by type, as well. This will make it a lot easier to browse through the lists, AND it will be super helpful to us mods and admins when we are generating wild Pokemon for you!

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 09:10 PM

Admin

2/9/2017

◒ This Topic

I have modified it from a single announcement topic to be a running announcement/update topic. I'll post here whenever there are some little things that need to be announced. Woooo

◒ Competition Extension & Judging

The deadline for Coordination on Ice competition entries, previously the 10th, has been extended to the 13th. Additionally, you may begin judging the entries that have already been submitted, other than your own, of course. If you are unsure how to do this, read the Competition thread. If you do so and still need help or more of an explanation, PM me!

◒ Hidden Power

We officially have a method for determining the type of Hidden Power moves: RNG. (Surprise surprise, we literally randomize everything here.) This has been added to the Abilities & Moves topic in the Pokemon guidelines. We are trying to figure out Pay Day, as well. If there are other abilities and moves that need figuring, let us know (PM or cbox)!

◒ Dev Topic Cap

So this literally happened like, 5ever ago (like a month? probably over a month?) but the number of Dev topics able to be open at one time was bumped up from one to two. There is some demand *cough*SAINT*cough* for the number of socials to be bumped up as well. I am somewhat hesitant but if demand for that increases, I will do it. PM me if you have an opinion on the matter.

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 02:53 PM

Admin

2/19/2017

◒ Resident NPCs

If you haven't noticed yet, there is a new sub-forum within the Index forum titled 'Resident NPCs'. This is where you can create profiles for NPCs that you create, and where you can look to see if there is already an NPC that could fulfill a specific purpose in a topic that you want to create. After all, these four cities/villages in Terrene aren't all that big, and it makes sense that our characters would meet many of the same people.

◒ Competition Judging

We need more players to judge the Ice Skating Competition! Very few people have submitted anything. The more people that judge, the better, so please consider doing so!

◒ Spring Events

Spring is nearly here! Our spring events are in the final planning stages. Keep your eyes peeled because one of the events will require signing up any characters you want to participate. The sign-up topic will be posted sometime in the next day or two, and you must sign up your character before the event goes up, likely sometime in the first week of March.

◒ New Gen Third Wave

The third wave of our New Generation event has gone up! Make sure you make an event topic for it sometime this week or the next if you want to participate. This is the second to last wave! Also, a couple reminders: 1. if you haven't finished your wave two or even your wave one event topics, that is okay, you can still make a wave three topic. 2. If your character has only recently been approved / received their starter, they can still get the free pokeballs from this event. Just post in any of the New Generation info topics and ask for the free pokeballs and we will get them to you!

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 06:49 PM

Admin

2/26/2017

◒ Coordination on Ice

This event is about to end! If any of you haven't graded the topics, you have today and maybe tomorrow to do so! I will be distributing prizes and PP basically as soon as I get a few more gradings in. Monday will be the absolute last day to send in grades, because Tuesday I will be averaging out all the scores, determining 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, distributing those prizes, the participation/consolation prizes, and the PP.

◒ Damage Guidelines

After fielding many questions on how much damage such and such move should cause, we've published a Damage Dealt guide, posted in the Battling & Healing topic. Use this to get a general idea of how much damage each move should be dealing. If you have any questions/comments/concerns about it, let one of the staff know!

◒ Speed Dating Signups

Since this event is going up as soon as spring starts, you only have a couple more days to sign up your characters if you have not done so already!

◒ My Absence / Kaien's Return

I have a week long vacation coming up, starting Friday. I've already posted in the absence forum, but just to make sure the word gets out I'll add a note here. March 3rd-10th. In happier news, Kaien is due to come back on the 4th of March!

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 09:03 AM

Admin

3/13/2017

◒ Incomplete Topics

As sometimes happens, we unfortunately have had a couple people leave the site. To keep the forums clean and to give you back space in your number of available topics, if you were threading with any of these people you can/should request that these topics be closed by posting them in the mod request. You will get 10 instead of 100 tokens, but it is better than nothing and that way the threads won't be taking up your slots.

◒ Ghosts

The staff has put their heads together to explain a few ghost Pokemon so that they work with our forum mechanics better. Take a look if you are interested!

◒ Abilities

An explanation of the abilities Dancer and Schooling have been added to the list of abilities. Check them out and let us know if you need any other abilities explained.

◒ Items

A few items- notably items that in-game would raise friendship/affection- needed some explanation for how they work on this site, and so a new post has been added in the Currency & Items topic. Other items will be added and explained as needed.

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 10:19 AM

Admin

3/13/2017 bonus

◒ Socials

Also, I have finally given in to peer pressure and bumped the limit on social topics from three per character to four per character. This means that, if you fill all three of your character slots, you may get to juggle up to 12 social topics at a time. I'm looking at you, Saint. If you ever say that four socials per character is not enough, I will hand-knit Judas a straight-jacket, douse it in gasoline, set him on fire, and sing loudly along to Spice Girls' Wannabe while I watch him burn and then dance on his ashes.

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Mar 20 2017, 06:32 PM

Admin

3/20/2017

◒ New Links

There are new links in the welcome table! I will specifically direct your attention to the external cbox link at the top: if you like talking with your fellow players and staff, I recommend you bookmark that link so that even when Jcink's servers or datacenters are down, we can still chat.

◒ Rarities Update

The newest generation of Pokemon have finally been edited into the rarities topic, and they may begin to pop up in any new adventures that you create!

◒ Alolan Evolutions

Explanations for the new evolutions for Cubone, Exeggcute, and Pikachu are up in the evolution topic now.

◒ Alolan Swarms

Even though the New Generation event is officially over, a few of the Alolan Pokemon are going to start swarming soon. Keep your eyes open!

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 03:37 PM

Admin

4/10/2017

◒ Z-Moves & Mega Evolution

These have both been added! They are more end-game mechanics than anything else, as they require a high level and/or high loyalty, but hey, they're there!

◒ FAQ Updated

The FAQ has had a couple new questions added in, though if you asked me which ones were new, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you because I am forgetful. I just know I updated it somewhat recently, so, there you go.

◒ Egg-stravaganza

THE END IS NEAR. The egg hunt in Ashfield is nearing its close. Most of the better prizes were saved until the end, so if you want a chance at things such as a TM, a bunch of rare candies, a max revive, an evolution stone, or the last Pokemon egg... go get 'em.

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 12:25 PM

Admin

4/26/2017

◒ Cbox!

I’ll get the less-than-exciting announcement done first: The cbox. This is another reminder that plotting should not happen in the cbox. Plotting can happen via PM, our Plotting forum, and of course anywhere off-site. I realize this may be a hassle, and I know how convenient the cbox might be for such things, but we have had issues with regular conversations being drowned out by text walls of plotting, as well as people being triggered by the content of the plotting, which brings up another point: keep it PG. This forum is meant to be a relaxing, fun, and safe place for all of our members. I don’t want to be the grouchy, ban-happy, stick-in-the-mud admin, but if you are making other players feel uncomfortable or unsafe, you will meet Mama Beartic Jani. I want people to run to Terrene, not from it, to feel safe and wanted. And I will do my best to see this done. Alright, I love you all, heavy stuff done.

◒ Mod Req

We have instigated a new rule that after two weeks of sitting in the mod request topic, topics can be claimed by mods other than the original mod, unless the player specifies that they want to continue waiting.

◒ Poetry Contest

There are only five days left to submit poems for our poetry contest! THE END IS COMING But don’t worry, there will be very similar contests in the future…

◒ Temp Mods

We will be on the lookout for more temp mods in the near future. If you are interested in becoming a temp mod, please consider if your schedule will allow for it, and keep your eyes open for mod applications to open!

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: May 3 2017, 09:27 AM

Admin

5/3/2017

◒ Poetry Contest - Short Story Contest

This is over now! I have started re-reading through all of the poems to pick what I think would suit Terrene best. Stay tuned for the results! In the meantime, May is Short Story month, so go whip up some more lore for more chances to win!

◒ Temp Mods

Applications are officially open for this, so feel free to apply! We're hoping to make our decision by the end of this week.

◒ Travel Update

The traveling thread has finally been reworked! Please read through it again if you plan on having your character traveling soon. Any travels that have already been started will continue as they were, but travel threads started from this point on will follow our new system. The main change is that travel threads are no longer one-shots, rather they are an actual adventure.

Mounts are the next thing due for an update. We will also be introducing some mechanics regarding Skills.

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: May 14 2017, 08:55 PM

Admin

5/14/2017

◒ Poetry Prizes

If you participated in our April poetry event, claim your prizes quickly! The poetry forum will soon be disappearing into the void as I go about tidying up the site a bit, so claim your prizes now or forever hold your peace!

◒ Directory

I recently put Terrene in a directory that apparently allows reviews. Most sites seem to not have them, so it isn't a big deal if we don't either, but if you feel like leaving us a (hopefully nice) review, please feel free! I'm not certain if sign-up is necessary to leave a review or not.

◒ Staff

Unfortunately, we will be moving our beloved Kestrel to Idle Staff, since they haven't been chatting or posting in a good long while. This puts us down to four active members of our main staff, plus two Temps- and with new members coming in with some frequency, we're becoming quite outnumbered. I say this so that you know why it sometimes takes a while to get a response in a thread- a lot of us are dealing with end of school year stuff, plus we seem to be losing staff about as fast as we're gaining staff. Please have patience with us! Staff applications are still open if you want to try out for a Temp position. If not, and if you are still looking to do more writing here with us, consider a Dev or a Social, or writing up something in the Past Lives or Alternate Universe forums, or perhaps writing a short story for our contest...

◒ Summer is Coming

Speaking of the short story contest, we only have two weeks left before it closes! I will consider an extension of a week or so if we have a a number of people who need it, but I would like to avoid that- Short Story Month, similar to Novel Writing Month, is about pushing yourself! Additionally, all of our other spring events will be coming to an end in the two-ish weeks when summer ends- this means any unfinished dates will be closed, the chance for earning prizes for agricultural devs ends, and any undiscovered eggs in the egg hunt will be lost! So get on it, folks!

◒ Behind the Curtain

We've got a bunch of stuff in the works, including Mount info, Skill mechanics, and hopefully some awesome Plot and Summer events. With some luck we'll be able to get all of it out early enough in the summer that all of our school-attendees will be able to join in and have some fun while they are on their breaks.

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 12:43 PM

Admin

6/19/2017

◒ Quest Suggestions

With more and more characters coming into Terrene and participating in all that we have to offer, we need more quests! PM me or post in the Suggestions thread with some nice quest ideas, and you could potentially earn some PP!

◒ Short Story Prizes

The Short Story forum will soon be going away until next year. If you haven't yet, claim your prizes now or forever hold your peace! Don't worry, I'm not deleting any of them, they'll just go into a secret archive. If you need to access your short story later, just catch me in the cbox and I'll send you a copy of your story or a link to it.

◒ Trading Clarification

As there often is with new mechanics, there has been some confusion with trading in the Trading Forum vs trading in IC topics. So here is some express clarification (this has also been added to the info thread in the trading forum:

Shopping in trading forum: This gives you very limited bartering opportunities, and there isn't high chance of finding rarer items. However, it is quick and easy compared to writing it into an actual IC topic.
Shopping adventures, or socials and devs WITH a mod: This allows for extensive bartering, and since you have more freedom to explore and try multiple different merchants and what not, you have a much higher chance of actually buying/selling rarer items. This is the longest method but has the highest potential for return.
Shopping in socials and devs WITHOUT a mod: If you don't ask for mod intervention until the topic is ready to be closed, the mod will simply put everything through the RNG and your character is forced to accept whatever deal is offered, since the topic is closing and you cannot reply to it to barter. Chance of finding rarer items is perhaps slightly higher here than in the trading forum, but again, you won't be able to barter for them.

In every scenario, the RNG is used. This makes it so there isn't an opportunity for characters with low Charisma to avoid potentially getting bad deals. Hopefully this makes sense and clears everything up! As always, let us know if you have questions.

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Jul 7 2017, 09:02 AM

Admin

7/7/2017

◒ Staff Changes

An OFFICIAL congrats and thanks to AJ for stepping up to Temp- we look forward to seeing how you mod! And an OFFICIAL congrats and thanks to Invi for stepping up to full Mod! Thank you both for being willing to help out around here. And among other changes, we've made minimal changes to how we roll for Pokemon- though Players won't see it because it is behind the scenes. The most important change is that Temps cannot roll endangered Pokemon. So if you are dragon-hunting, for example, you'll want to request a mod or admin.

◒ Loyalty Levels

This is a reminder to keep your Pokemon's loyalty levels in mind when playing them! Starter Pokemon should generally not immediately adore or even obey your character. Pokemon with single-digit loyalty or really anything less than 15% should not really be cooperative at all. Of course, these will all vary slightly depending on the Pokemon's individual personality, but pretty please keep these in mind! If you have questions on it, feel free to ask a mod or admin~

◒ Cbox Rules

Here they are! Please read them! :) We're having an influx of new members and thus have been having some minor issues which could easily be solved with a bit of reading. Thank you very much, and again, if there are any questions, feel free to ask!

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 04:04 PM

Admin

7/20/2017

◒ Tournament Round One

Round One ends tomorrow at 11:59 cbox time! Get as far as you can in your battles! Staff will determine winners for unfinished battles. If a staff member is one of the battlers, don't worry, they won't have input on deciding the winner for their battle. Winners will be announced and experience and tokens awarded over the weekend. Round Two of the Tourney will likely start on Monday.

◒ Basculin Sprites

Our lovely player Neph has recolored the Basculin sprites for Terrene! We have a fresh water Basculin and a salt water Basculin. They look lovely, check them out here!

◒ New Signature Rule!

We have a new rule regarding signatures! Please, please put links to your characters' indexes in your signature. This will make it so much easier to staff (and really for everyone) to be able to locate your characters' app and their Pokemon info. Pretty, pretty please!

◒ Staff Search

Due to the influx of new players and new characters, the MIA status of Saint and the vacation and general summer busyness of Fin, we are in need of one or two (or more!) Temps! We would prefer applications from those who have been here for a little while and know the ropes, but truthfully, we are willing to look at applications from even the noobiest noobs, as we are completely okay with showing you the ropes starting from square one. Temps usually start out with a limit of 1 or 2 mod topics at a time, as we like to ease people into it so that we can provide feedback! If you love being staff and can keep up with the topics you are modding, you may eventually be promoted to full Mod. So if you think you have the time to be a Temp (which would add about a post per day or per every other day), please consider applying! Here is more info. Thanks!

◒ Player Shops

We have a new forum, called Player Shops, where all of you creative sorts can sell your art and codes and whatnot for PP! Check it out here!

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jani
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 09:59 AM

Admin

8/7/2017

◒ Dev Thread Reminder

A quick and easy reminder for dev threads: the goals/purposes of the dev should be stated in the first post. This helps staff know exactly what to evaluate while they read through it.

◒ Signature Rule Reminder

Friendly reminder that you need to put links to your characters' indexes in your signatures, for ease of access so that staff members don't have to sift through the index forum to find and update the desired character index.

◒ Staff Search Ongoing

Due to the influx of new players and new characters, MIA status of Fin, and general busyness of current staff, we are in need of one or two (or more!) Temps! Temps usually start out with a limit of 1 or 2 mod topics at a time, as we like to ease people into it so that we can provide feedback! If you would like to help out and could add about a post per day or per every other day to your schedule, please consider applying! Here is more info. Thanks!

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Save Your Goodbyes FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Kaleidoscope a rf/hm based RP PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
skin by bonbon.