Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

As Terrene leaves behind
the long, dark nights, their minds turn to friendship and romance at the second annual speed dating! And don't miss out on the clover hunt or the poetry season. Our plot event, alpha & omega, is drawing closer to its end, but is still going strong for now.

Season

Spring will be here until
June. The rainy season begins in the tropical areas; the rest of Terrene begins to thaw and warm, shaking the chill of winter and creeping toward the heat of summer. Fairy and grass types relish in the season of rebirth and renewal!

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Add Reply
New Poll

Paul & Sonia
Jani
 Posted: Mar 1 2018, 12:04 PM

Admin

Paul & Sonia

Prompts

❥ What personality traits would make or break a potential romantic partner for you?
❥ If you had five thousand tokens, how would you spend them?
❥ What do you think is your best physical feature?

@Rixie @Rissi

»
--------------------
PMEmail
^
Aya
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 05:34 AM

Temp

Sonia was moving on to her next table and partner, as instructed by one of the helpers. They pointed the table. This time it would look like she would need to wait a moment for her partner. That was just fine with her, she appreciated having some time to take a peek at the questions and prepare. And maybe even see what her partner's name was...

Bebe was accompanying her, clinging to the woman as she was sitting on her shoulder. Sonia approached approached the table and saw the two names cards: her own and... Paul. The name sounded familiar. Surely, there were many Pauls in Terrene, but perhaps she had met this one or heard of him? She shrugged, causing Bebe to jump a little. The rat squeaked in complaint as Sonia took her seat.

She looked around to see if her partner was joining her soon, brushing her hair to the back. She had spent an extra time combing it earlier that day and left her straight black loose, showing off its length in full. Sonia hadn't been thinking about dating much since her arrival in Terrene, but this situation made her wish she had a prettier hair color. This one was just... so plain. She played with a single lock, trying to fight back the need to read the conversation prompts before Paul's arrival.

@Rixie

--------------------
[Formerly known as Rissi]

Sonia CastellTracker
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Jillian ColeTracker
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Rixie
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 11:27 AM

Lore

A silly grin plastered itself on his face as he watched his next date closely. She was cute. He thought he remembered her, too. She was in some competition he won, right? She had done pretty well, but of course Paul won in the end. He decided not to bring it up, on the off chance there were any hard feelings.

”I don’t want to be recognized, Melete. If she says us together, it'll be even more likely that she remembers us. And it looks like she doesn’t even have any bird Pokémon anyways, so I’m going to call you into your Pokeball, alright?” The Oricorio let out a small, dejected sigh. Why were there so many humans and yet so few birds? He sulkily nodded, then vanished into a red beam.

Taking his place, a small dark-colored bug lifted her head as she awoke. Paul leaned down, offering a hand to scoop her up, and she quietly complied, waddling into his arms and allowing herself to be carried to the table where the dark-haired girl sat.

Paul gave her a dashing smile, "Why, hello, there. It must be my lucky day, to be matched with you.” He sat down, giving her his undivided attention and resting his chiseled chin in one hand, allowing his elbow to dig into the table and lean his center of gravity towards her just a few inches more. His other arm still cradled the Kricketot gently, bringing her to rest on his lap so she could peek over the table at the human woman. He introduced, "My name is Paul, and this is Aiode. We like to sing together. I know we have some questions we’re supposed to answer, but I simply must ask one of my own first: What do you like to do? I don’t suppose I'm fortunate enough to meet a woman who is both beautiful and shares my interests, am I?"

Aiode simply stared at the woman and the small rat Pokemon on her shoulder, silent and still. In contrast to Paul's warm, attentive attitude, she was like a small, stony statuette resting on his arm.

@Rissi

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 06:25 AM

Temp

As the man known as Paul approached, Sonia had to immediately realize that he looked not only familiar, but also... Handsome. With his muscles, fair hair and a confident smile, he surely stood out in the crowd and was certainly pleasant to look at... Sonia barely even noticed the cute Pokémon that was with him, which was unusual for her, but as he sat down she found a split second to glance at the bug and send a welcoming smile.

Following that short greeting, her gaze returned to the man... Who was staring at her so intensely that she felt like she was about to drown in those blue eyes. As she involuntarily offered a goofy, almost embarrassed smile back, she felt her heart jump. To have such a handsome man pay so much attention to her, as if there was anything special about her... It was so flattering. Sonia hadn't felt so important, so... attractive, in a long while. Not with her boring hair and cheap clothes that always got dirty eventually.

In case the way he was looking at her wasn't enough of a compliment, his words continued to praise her. Her cheeks had gone pink as she giggled awkwardly. This was a dating event and all, but so far everyone had made it seem like a simple chance to talk to people like friends... And he was definitely hitting on her. It was silly, but it made her happy that someone actually showed interest in her. Sonia had no idea what her romantic experiences were before she came to Terrene, but she was certain that nobody had boosted her ego quite as much as Paul in the recent months.

But, despite her uncontrollable smiley reaction, she had to be wise. Was there really anything that special about her? Maybe he was just being polite. Or he said that to every woman he met. Or maybe he was even making fun of her? But before she could overthink this issue and get self conscious, Paul introduced himself and his cute Pokémon and revealed his interests. Singing... She hadn't done singing much, in particular, but this made her think back to the coordination on ice contest. Was that where she had heard his name? If so, their interests surely overlapped.

"It's great to meet you too, Paul," she answered softly, carefully choosing her words. She didn't want to rush things and show too much interest. "My name is Sonia, and this cute Rattata is called Bebe. And my, you really have a way with words! " She giggled, trying to play it off as a joke, but she meant. He had made quite a good first impression.

"As for my interests... I'm not that good at singing, but I love dancing and Pokémon coordinating. And artistic performances in general. I always look forward to showing off my sweet Pokémon, but there aren't so many opportunities in Terrene. I do feel like I've seen you somewhere, though."

As much as Sonia loved talking to people, she was getting nervous. He had shown interest and she appreciated it, but she wanted to play it cool. She was trying to talk casually, but her heart was pounding. Bebe, on the other hand, showed close to none interest in the man. The bug, however... The Rattata's tail was wagging with interest. It was another small Pokémon, like her, which meant they could be friends. Would there be time to play later? She hoped so.

@Rixie (Sorry about the long post. Also, may Arceus protect Sonia, this thread isn't going to end well for her. xD)

--------------------

Sonia CastellTracker
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Jillian ColeTracker
PM
^
Rixie
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 10:15 PM

Lore

Aiode did not mind in the slightest that the woman seemed to gloss over her. Her plain brown and tan coloration and her silence made her easy to miss, and honestly? She preferred it that way. So the brief, welcoming smile was met with the softest of possible notes, clicking her antennae together a single time to produce a muted, high-pitched tone.

Her slightly embarrassed, but evidently flattered, smile let Paul know that he was taking a decent approach to this particular date. The light blush that rose to her cheeks when he complimented her made his heart beat quickly and he felt a drunken rush of elation that she was, so far, appearing to enjoy his company. He kept his sky-blue eyes dreamily gazing at her face, a smile tugging at his lips as he listened to her response. She mentioned his way with words, and he feigned a sudden shyness, examining the hand that was resting on the table closely and speaking softly, ”What a cute little Rattata... and... Ah, well... I sometimes like to write poetry and songs in addition to singing them. And I do think it important to be able to express one’s emotions and thoughts. Without that, how can you share your life with others? Life is too short to live it alone.” He glanced up at her, an expression of wistfulness and hope etched into his face. Hope that she would understand what he meant, and hope that she wouldn’t think him unmanly for admitting he liked to write poetry.

She answered his question about singing, and he seemed to brighten up slightly. He chuckled, ”I see! Well, that’s quite alright, too! I consider dancing and coordination to be art too, though I’m not as good at it as I am at singing and creating music. I don’t think we’ve really met... but perhaps I was in the audience of one of your performances? I always stop to watch whenever I see a dance or coordination.” His tone changed to a somewhat teasing, somewhat joking one, not unlike Sonia’s when she mentioned his way with words, ”Perhaps someday I can sing or play a song for you, and you can dance and coordinate to it.”

Aiode did not return the Rattata’s interest in her. She didn’t want to be rude, but she also didn’t entirely... understand what the Rattata wanted. She watched her with a blank curiosity, beady black eyes unmoved and unaffected.

Paul finally reluctantly turned to the questions. He spoke with a perceptible sigh, ”Ahh, I suppose we should actually answer these questions, too. We wouldn’t want to disappoint the people who spent all the effort to organize this lovely event.” He picked up the card and lightly cleared his throat before giving Sonia a cheeky grin and asking in a dramatic voice, “What personality traits... would make or break a potential romantic partner for you?”

@Rissi (absolutely no worries! Gives me more to respond to!)

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 01:33 PM

Temp

The conversation was going well. It looked like they would have topics to talk about, aside from the conversation prompts, which was somewhat relieving to Sonia... She wasn't sure if she felt like engaging in a flirty conversation with someone she just met, so it was probably a good idea to focus on something else for the time being.

Sonia had a feeling she knew what he could be talking about when he mentioned not wanting to live life alone. Considering the nature of their conversation so far, Paul was probably referring to having a romantic partner... She agreed, partially. "Yes, I believe it's very important to live your life for others. Friends, partners or family, if one is lucky to have any. And it's great to have a hobby to fill your time with, too!" Sonia smiled widely and sincerely, her earlier nervousness starting to fade. She really wasn't used to compliments and Paul had caught her off guard... But she was starting to relax, hoping to continue talking to him in a friendly manner.

She liked the idea of joining their artistic forces some time. "That sounds good to me! I'm usually around here in Ashfield, so we could totally meet sometime and you can show me your musical skills."

There was plenty of enthusiasm in her voice. She had already decided that she liked Paul. It wasn't very easy for Sonia not to like someone, of course, but considering their similar interests and how nice he had been so far, she could see them becoming friends. And if she had read him correctly and he really was interested in more... Sonia chose not to think about it for the time being.

But it looked like she would have to think about it pretty soon after all. The thought that this question was actually from Paul and not what was really written on the card had occurred to her, but she wouldn't dare seriously accusing him of this. She chuckled, amused at the question. "Things are getting spicy right away, it seems! Well, let's see..."

The woman tapped her chin with a finger as she considered her answer. This game was making her think about a lot of things she hadn't considered before. She didn't think she really had the time for romance... But sooner or later, it would come to her, right? She was starting to feel the tension again, believing that Paul was probably watching her as she was deciding on an answer.

"This is an obvious answer, I think, but... I wouldn't want a bad person as a partner. I mean, someone who lies or hurts others on purpose or doesn't want to help anyone. If someone is not kind, I find it hard to be kind to them," Sonia put on a more serious expression as she answered. It was a fairly interesting topic, she had to admit. "Well, just being kind isn't enough for me to want to date someone, I think. Otherwise, I would be dating all of my friends, haha. I would be more interested in someone who... Um, this will sound stupid, but perhaps someone who needs me?"

She blushed slightly as the words came out. She was oversharing, she realized. It was the truth, but it was embarrassing to admit that she liked being... liked. Or better yet, needed. Wanted.

"What about you?"

@Rixie

--------------------

Sonia CastellTracker

Jillian ColeTracker
PM
^
Rixie
 Posted: May 15 2018, 09:36 PM

Lore

Paul smiled dreamily at Sonia. She really was quite pretty. Her eyes seemed to light up and burn with enthusiasm when Paul mentioned working together to create music and dance. It was a shame that she was living in Ashfield, though... The dark rainforest didn't agree much with Paul, especially with the demons that messed with his head so much.

Her remark on how spicy things were getting caused his cheeky, playful grin to widen into a wolfish one as he watched her lightly tapping a delicate finger against her chin. He appreciated this question greatly. If only he had an excuse to ask every woman he met such a question. He waited patiently and quietly as she thought about her answer.

A bad person... His expression changed to a solemn one as she discussed lying or purposeful harm. He nodded sadly in a break, indicating his agreement. He... He wanted to believe he was a good person, but her frankness and openness were starting to make him question himself. He always sought out the truth, and he never hurt anyone on purpose... No! No, of course not! He was an honest man. A good man. A powerful man. The pursuit of truth was one of his greatest aspirations.

He tuned back in as she blushed and admitted in a somewhat softer, more distant tone, that she wanted... to be wanted. A light stinging, tingling sensation came to his eyes and the back of his throat. His face broke into a gentle, but sad, smile, the corners of his lips turning up but his sky blue eyes betraying a deep pool of loneliness and longing. To his surprise, his voice broke as he tried to assuage her embarrassment, "There's n-..." He cleared his throat immediately, unused to it failing him like this, particularly at such an important moment. Feeling ever so slightly flustered, as evidenced by a pink tinge to the alabaster skin of his face and ears, he corrected his failed throat. "There's no reason to be embarrassed about that. To be honest, I think that's entirely normal." He shoved the sadness to the side, pressing a slightly forced grin onto his face, "And I think that's great! Since just looking at you, and dreaming of performing or even just practicing together..." A daring string of thought came to his mind, and his smile became a legitimate one as he teased lightly, "Why, I just might need you already."

He turned his head ever so slightly away, but his gaze flickered back to her face eagerly before even a second had passed. His eyes couldn't get enough of her. Watching her reaction. "Ah... As for me? Well, I want someone who can understand me and understand my love for art and beauty and truth. And, admittedly, I want someone who will cherish me and need me... just as you do." His face flicked into a somewhat shy smile.

He paused, allowing her to answer, before glancing down and reading the next question, "If you had five thousand tokens, how would you spend them?"

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 21 2018, 12:59 PM

Temp

Sonia smiled with relief. Paul didn't find her opinions... Pathetic or embarrassing. Or at least he wasn't admitting to it, but his reaction seemed genuine. As he continued on to express his... need for her, she gave an awkward chuckle that soon transformed into an attempt to clear her throat, just like Paul had gone a moment earlier. She covered her mouth with a fist, partially hiding her blush.

"O-oh, you do?" she inquired, unsure what to say to this sudden display of... Interest? Perhaps it wasn't all so sudden, she had been receiving similar signals during the entirety of their date, but with each word and action of Paul, she was growing more certain that his interest was genuine. It seemed a little hasty, yes, but definitely flattering. Sonia tried to play it cool and act like she wasn't reading too much into it. "Well, I would love to see if we can make a good team on the stage sometime! Perhaps we do end up needing each other for future performances."

She listened to his answer with a relaxed, patient grin, glad that she wasn't being forced to dig into the depths of her heart in search for embarrassing answers. Now it was Paul's turn to do so. His answer seemed... Understandable. Sonia had to admit, it did make it sound like she would be a decent partner for him. At least she met those expectations. From how their date had been going so far, it was almost like they were soul mates... Sonia noticed her heart beating faster as she wondered how their friendship could develop. Paul had been giving her all those hints, but was that really what he wanted? They didn't know each other that well yet...

The next question was fun. Sonia jumped straight to answering, without even thinking about it, "I'd want a house! I'm not sure if that would be enough or too much, but I would love a decent play for me and my Pokémon to stay at. Somewhere where we can feel safe and comfortable. If I had spare, I'd love to buy medical supplies. It's really helpful to be able to keep your friends healthy, I think."

A house was a dream she had been thinking of, but she hadn't been actively pursuing it. It was a "maybe someday" kind of a dream for her, as she usually found herself needing other things on an everyday basis. Still, the thought of having enough money for a house seemed pleasant... But perhaps she was being selfish, thinking only about her own comfort? She wondered if she would have leftover money to give out to those who truly needed it.

"What about you?"

@Rixie

--------------------

Sonia CastellTracker

Jillian ColeTracker
PM
^
Rixie
 Posted: May 21 2018, 09:40 PM

Lore

Paul smiled at her enthusiasm as she blurted out her answer. "A house? Yes, that would be nice..." he mused. The way she described it sounded quite lovely. Safe... comfortable... To be honest, when was the last time he’d felt properly safe and secure? Despite the numerous memories that came bubbling up to his mind, he couldn’t think of a single instance where “safe” was the correct word to describe that feeling or situation. "Ah, that's really important, too. I take great care in keeping my Pokemon healthy and well-groomed."

"Hmm... That's a lot of tokens. I'd want some art supplies. I have a pocket notebook and a tiny pen that fits inside it, but... that's all, really. No color, no canvas, no extra books, no musical instruments... To be honest, it's painful sometimes," he dropped his gaze. "After that... well... I'd probably get some nice things for my companions. Melete would probably enjoy a mirror or a nice perch. Little Aiode misses the forest sometimes, so maybe I could buy some nice potted plants to remind her of it... You know. Just nice things like that."

He glanced at the next question. It was a pity this was already the last one. But... perhaps he would see her again, before returning to Crater City. He smiled sheepishly before looking up at Sonia and asking her in a soft, lilting voice. "The last question... What do you think is your best physical feature? And while you're at it, I'm curious about what you think is my best physical feature. Though, you don't have to answer that one, if you don't want," he grinned. He looked her up and down as he tried to guess what her response would be.

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: May 22 2018, 05:57 PM

Temp

Sonia was pleased with Paul's answer. Art supplies sounded useful, though without a house she wouldn't really have anywhere to keep them. What really struck her as interesting was the mention of musical instruments... Ever since she arrived in Terrene, she had been feeling this strong urge to try them, but she had no memories connected to actually playing one. It was probably a past life thing. Aside from the interesting tools, Paul also seemed to know a lot about his Pokémon's needed, which was very admirable to Sonia. All the awkward flirting aside, she was pretty certain he was a nice guy.

She giggled as Paul added his own part to the question. They were back at the embarrassing questions, it seemed. She had a lot in common with Paul, but talking to him had made her more nervous than any of her other dates. On one hand, she was happy that she would be able to relax soon. On the other, she wanted to keep him as a friend. If only Terrene wasn't so large...

"W-well... I'll start with yours, because that's easier. I really like your eyes!" Sonia commented cheerfully and innocently. He was attractive overall, there was no doubt, but she often found herself attracted to people's eyes. Looking into one's eyes could be such a... Poetic experience. There was so much emotion that could be read just from looking at people the right way. Besides, blue was a pretty color... And it was those eyes of his and the way he had been staring at her so attentively that was making her feel this nervous.

"As for myself... Um, I'm not sure. I think I look very plain. But I think I can be happy about my general build... Like my legs. They're slim and all, so that's kind of good?"

The joyful tone of her voice remained, though it was lacking confidence as Sonia was talking about herself.

@Rixie

--------------------

Sonia CastellTracker

Jillian ColeTracker
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
Save Your Goodbyes FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp Pokefalls Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.