Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new universe, this new world, and give it purpose. (Our site is best viewed in Firefox or Chrome.)

Events

It's the most wonderful
time of the year- meaning, the time of Delibird gifts and of winter festivals! And as always, our plot events are still going strong.

Season

winter will be here until
March. Aside from the western Great Forest, which is too warm, and the Desert Strip, which is too dry, snow begins to fall across the region. The chill of the season has just about every area firmly in its grasp. Ice and Dark types become more common as the temperature drops and the daylight fades.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Travel Lighter, [Adventure - Travel]
Jani
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 02:37 PM

Admin

@Rixie

For now, nothing changed as the humans and lost Deerling moved forward, but surely they were swiftly approaching their goal. The Deerling seemed to pick up the pace somewhat, urging her human companions to move forward with greater haste, too. Perhaps she knew they were near.

As Amnisiad piped up from the canopy, both Electrikes stopped their movements and stared up; the younger one jumping slightly as the sudden voice from the comparatively quiet forest startled him. The older one's protruding brow seemed to raise- a slight display of disbelief, or amusement, or some similar emotion- while the younger Electrike's brow furrowed and his eyes squinted.

There was a beat of silence after Amnisiad finished her brief tirade, and then the younger Electrike's body flashed yellow and a streak of electricity arced from the hound toward the bird. It was somewhat poorly aimed, as the distance between them was significant, but whether it connected or not, it made the younger Electrike's thoughts and feelings quite clear.

//Good aim,// The father would say if his son successfully hit the robin; whether the attack hit or not, however, he stated, //Don't use your energy on such a small prey, we've got a bigger fight ahead of us. This bird is one, and clearly still young; the Deerling are many, and some are grown and experienced.//

The father then nudged his son, a silent command to continue on their hunt; the son huffed but resumed walking. The older Electrike then inclined his head to the robin. //If I were your father, I would advise you to be more cautious, and not brazenly approach predators when you are both weaker than they as well as outnumbered. You are reckless. Discipline yourself, if you don't want to meet death early.//

And then he moved on, his longer, loping strides easily catching him up to his son.

a wild Deerling has appeared!
level similar to Amnisiad ◒ Female ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #f2db39
woe is me

a wild Electrike has appeared!
level higher than Amnisiad ◒ Male ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #8fbc8f
don't eat the silly bird, son

level lower than Amnisiad ◒ Male ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #437043
uses thunder wave on Amnisiad because shut up, dumb bird >:u (you can treat as accuracy 60 or 70 instead of accuracy 90)

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Rixie
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 06:32 PM

Lore

As the Deerling hustled forward, Cynthia couldn’t help but feel a knot of anxiety. It was an unexpected emotion, but for whatever reason, she didn’t want the Deerling to take point. Something instinctively told her that it was more dangerous there, and she was worried that the Deerling was so small and frail, she would find a way to hurt herself. So Cynthia pushed forward. First she hurried a bit, to get ahead of the Deerling again. Then she slowed just enough such that she was matching the Deerling’s pace to stay a few feet past her. The signs of the herd were becoming fresh enough that she could still see where blades of spiky grass had been bent, and knew they would find their quarry within a few minutes.

Amnisiad saw the younger Eletrike glare back at her with a scowl, and she tensed her muscles. She was prepared, then, when the green fur flared into a sharp, bright yellow, and she leapt out of her tree with a sharp alarm cry. She dove behind a few of the thicker branches, and trembled. Her audacity was promptly quenched with the presence of the terrifying lightning.

She was silent except for her heartbeat pounding away in her chest as the father spoke again. She heard him telling his son that they had a bigger fight ahead, and a sense of dread settled upon her wings. Her suspicions were confirmed, then, as he mentioned the Deerling herd.

She peaked out from behind the branch, showing only her beak and one black eye, as the Electrike addressed her next. If I were your father... she repeated silently in her mind.

Her cheeks were hot with shame; she knew she needed to be less brazen and more careful. Reckless. She had heard that before. Despite her flushed embarrassment, though, her heart expanded in her chest.

She piped, ”Y-Yes, sir!” and she scurried out from her hiding spot behind the brangches. She cast one last glance at them, the father quickly catching up with his son, before taking off into the air.

- - -

Cynthia jumped and simulataneously flung her bag from her shoulder, grabbing onto it tightly as though it were a weapon or a shield of some sort. She cast her eyes upwards and forwards, concern etched sharply onto her fine features. ”Did you hear that...!” she exclaimed in a harsh voice barely above a hoarse whisper. ”That was a Fletchling alarm call. Ammy...” her voice tightened. After a moment she lunged forward, towards the sound of the cry, pushing plants and branches out of the way as she forged into the forest. She had only gotten a few feet of headway when the sound of tiny frantic wings could be heard overhead.

Amnisiad burst into view, and plummeted from the sky to Cynthia, who immediately turned around and reached out towards her Pokemon. The shaking Fletchling fell into her arms, a bundle of feathers and nerves. Cynthia was relieved that she seemed unharmed, just shaken. But she didn’t have time to coo over her companion.

”Oh, oh we’re in trouble...” the tiny bird Pokemon chittered. She picked herself up, tucking her wings away and fluffing her feathers so they had a chance to rearrange themselves to lie flat. She jerked her beak towards the direction she had just come from and mimicked her alarm call, but quieter. ”Predator, predator!” Fretful, she took off from Cynthia’s arm and flew a few feet ahead with an urgent jabbering of chirps.

Cynthia took a few steps towards her, and she instantly flew to the next tree, still casting worried looks behind her.

Cynthia frowned and pulled her bag back over her shoulders, ”I think that means we need to hurry. Something is very wrong. Let’s rush on!” She ran after the Fletchling, thrusting her arms out to push aside the branches as she kept her eyes focused on the ground so she wouldn’t trip or run in the wrong direction during her sprint. They were close, but were they close enough?

The Fletchling was chattering on and on, a veritable stream of thoughts and words, ”Oh, so much trouble. Two! Believe it!? Two of them! We need to hurry... run! Come on! We have to warn the herd so they don’t get caught off guard and ambushed! Maybe... maybe if there are enough of them... and we are all prepared... maybe we can ward them off... Oh, but there are two... please hurry!” She took a moment to fly up above the canopy and look to see if she could spot the Deerling. Whether she could or not, she would give as loud of an alarm shriek as her little lungs could handle, ”Predator, predator!” and then dive back to urge Cynthia and the others in the right direction.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 02:44 PM

Admin

@Rixie

The first to hear and comprehend the bird's call of warning, were not her intended recipients. Rather, the leading Electrike paused in his movements, startling his son into stopping as well. The two stood stock still to hear the end of Amnisiad's warning shriek.

//That was... unanticipated. I suppose I should have listened to my own advice- never underestimate a prey Pokemon. Son, we may have to call off our hunt, as it seems the little bird is intent on relieving us of the element of surprise.//

//But-//

The two proceeded to quietly argue, but the elder Electrike began to lead the younger in a new direction, away from the herd that had been their intended target.

The Deerling was thoroughly startled by Cynthia's sudden bushwhacking excursion, stopping short as the human woman took an unexpected bushwhacking excursion off of the trail they had been following. The Deerling didn't follow, but... she found she wasn't sure if she should continue on without her. Indecision filled the Deerling. Nyra had also stopped, and was caught between Cynthia and the Deerling, also entirely unsure of how to proceed.

The hesitant expressions and body language of the Deerling and Nyra were so similar, Cynthia probably would have laughed aloud has she seen it. The deer and woman exchanged concerned and anxious glances; then continued to hesitate. The Deerling glanced in the direction that her herd was presumably in; Nyra stared at Cynthia's back as the woman called for and discovered her Fletchling.

Before the Deerling could make the decision to continue onto her herd alone, however, she herd Amnisiad's soft words of concern and warning. //Predators? But- where?// She didn't completely understand, but she felt the panic and rush that Amnisiad was trying to convey.

As Cynthia was turning to explain Amnisiad's communication to Nyra, the Deerling began forging ahead, following Amnisiad closely as they once again resumed their pursuit of her herd. //Two? Two what- my herd?!// The Deerling's soft voice became progressively softer, higher-pitched and strained. Not able to contain herself anymore, she burst into the characteristic leaping-run of deerkind, dashing past Cynthia and Amnisiad.

Luckily for her, the herd was dead ahead and only about half a mile away. In just a couple minutes of sustained sprinting the Deerling was there, bursting through the trees.

Assuming Cynthia and Amnisiad were right behind her- and Nyra would follow, joining in the run if Cynthia began to run, though she fell significantly behind as she was not a runner, she was always in sight- they'd see a herd of about seven or eight other Deerling, and three Sawsbuck. Most turned to stare at the returning Deerling; when Cynthia (and then a moment later, Nyra) appeared, many of the younger Deerling skittered away to hide behind the older.

One young deer, however, stepped toward the lost-now-found Deerling that Cynthia and her group had led back home. //Sister, you- where have you been and why are there humans following you!//

The rescued Deerling skipped forward to the other young female deer and nuzzled her. The Deerling responded in kind, and the two laid their heads against each other's necks in a sort of embrace.

//Oh, oh, I got lost, I was such a fool!// The Deerling punctuated her sentence with a sigh, expressing her pent-up anxiety at being away from her herd and out, alone, constantly in potential danger. //But this Fletchling and... and these humans, they helped me get back. Oh, but-!!//

The Deerling remembered that there was a warning to be given, and she suddenly spun around to look frantically for Amnisiad. She still didn't really know what was going on, other than there were predators! Somewhere!

The rest of the herd stood back for now, watching, waiting.

(If Cynthia doesn't make herself known, not much will change, other than the "sister" Deerling won't ask about the humans and the young Deerling won't skitter away until the rescue Deerling mentions that humans helped her.)

#shook

level similar to Amnisiad ◒ Female ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #40d92f
sister wtf D:<

level higher than Amnisiad ◒ Male ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #8fbc8f
gigs up :u

level lower than Amnisiad ◒ Male ◒ ability unknown ◒ thunder wave ◒ #437043
D:<

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Rixie
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 10:44 PM

Lore

Sprinting through the forest after the leaping Deerling and the frantic Fletchling, Cynthia was not prepared for when she burst out of a thicker patch of brush and found herself nearly face-to-face with a large herd of Deerling. Breathing harshly, her throat stinging from the sprint, Cynthia’s wild eyes glanced about the herd, and then all around their surroundings. She couldn’t help but feel her heart melt just a little bit as the two young Deerlings nuzzled and embraced. The one they had rescued gave a large sigh and a fretful utterance.

The Fletchling was perched high up in a tree, head flicking from gazing behind one tree to the next, keeping careful watch for the Electrikes. “M-Maybe I scared them away…!” she gasped. After a few moments, she returned to the same level as the Deerling and she shook her head, “When I went on ahead, I saw two Electrikes. And they said they were gonna hunt the Deerling. And they said they wanted to take the herd by surprise and then the big one said don’t waste your energy attacking the little bird and said that they had to save their strength and- and-“ The Fletchling took a gasp. “I think I scared them away!” she then managed to blurt out. Still, she was nervously peering behind the trees and shrubs around them, trying to get a better look at what might be hiding behind them. Uncertainly, she added in a hasty twitter, “I mean… Unless they’re still coming and they just haven’t… gotten here yet. Um… Um… Maybe we should leave? Or maybe we should prepare? Umm…” Amnisiad looked towards the older members of the herd, hoping they had the wisdom of how to deal with the situation.

Cynthia returned her attention to the Deerling themselves. It actually… hurt a little bit. To see them skittered into hiding, away from her. She came all this way to bring back the lost Deerling, to protect them when Amnisiad warned of predators. And yet they were afraid. She looked around before crossing over to a tree and leaning against it, gradually sliding her bag off her shoulder and laying it on the ground in front of her. She caught her breath and slumped towards the ground, the bark digging into and scratching her back slightly as she slid lower until she was sitting on the ground. No taller than the Deerling now, she turned her gaze back to looking at them. "Ammy," she spoke gently. "Please tell them I'm here to help. I'll help protect the young ones. Or I'll help find somewhere safer to go."

Amnisiad glanced at her human and chirped, directed towards the Deerling and Sawsbucks, "Oh... Oh yeah... By the way, don't be scared of my human. Or the other one. She promised she would help, and protect. And she wouldn't dare lie to me, nuh-uh."

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 03:08 PM

Admin

@Rixie

As the Fletchling chirped along in her excitable, rambling manner, the herd sort of settled in, with the Sawsbuck and older Deerling taking up positions on the outside, keeping the young ones within, save for the rescued Deerling and her sister, who remained just outside the herd. The sister continued to scold the rescued Deerling in a quiet voice just above a whisper.

Meanwhile, one of the Sawsbuck separated himself somewhat from the rest of the herd. He looked at each human, and the Fletchling, and the rescued Deerling, one at a time. Carefully examining them. He waited patiently for Amnisiad to be finished speaking, and then waited longer for her to translate her human's speech.

Then he waited a moment even longer, as he attempted to decide what needed to be said.

//Assistance is unnecessary-// He began in a deep, calm voice, only to be interrupted by a feminine and stern voice from somewhere in the herd-

//But appreciated.//

//-...but appreciated.// He repeated. //If you have truly scared off, for the time being, a predator, then we are grateful; we are most always suspecting and prepared for an attack, but to have one warded off entirely is... beneficial.// His tone and his words were ever so slightly hesitant. It seemed he didn't enjoy owing anybody a thank-you, but was willing to admit when he did.

//There is no sense in standing and waiting for an attack that may or may not come today. We will continue our journey as planned; we are near the end of it, anyway. If you and the humans wish to accompany us, you may walk alongside us for a time. If you desire to go to the human settlement, we will be drawing close to it, and could lead you the fastest way to get there.//

The male Sawsbuck then made a clicking noise toward the sister Deerlings; they nodded their heads and obediently merged with the rest of the herd for the time being. The Sawsbuck would give the Fletchling time to communicate with the humans, if she wanted to do so before accepting or rejecting their offer.

Whether the offer was accepted or rejected, the Sawsbuck would respond with a nod and then state firmly, referring back to Amnisiad's previous words, //I do not fear your human. But your human should fear us, if her intentions are not as you have communicated them.// As he said this he stared with hard eyes, not at Amnisiad, but past her, at Cynthia.

If the humans were to accompany his herd, he would then wait for them to take up position. He would only allow them to walk beside the herd, not behind it nor in front of it. Once the humans were in position, or if his offer had been rejected, he would take up a place at the front of the herd, and begin the walk in a somewhat southerly direction, at a brisk walking pace.

Assuming the humans had agreed to travel with them for a time, the rescued Deerling and her sister would gradually separate themselves from the herd somewhat, to be walking beside Cynthia and Nyra (the latter looking positively overjoyed, her cheeks plump from smiling and her face practically beaming).

//Thank you for keeping my foolish friend safe.//

//Yes, I... th-thank you.//

just glad to be here

what have I told you

level big daddy ◒ Male ◒ ability unknown ◒ moves unknown ◒ #034F0D
leadership intensifies

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Rixie
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 04:57 PM

Lore

Cynthia found herself in awe of the grand Sawsbuck that addressed them. He was magnificent. So this was what the Deerling could grow into, with sufficient training. More convinced than ever, she resolved to convince one of them to accompany her. If she could not, though... well, there was no way she’d be able to battle against the lot of them.

Amnisiad jerked her head and stared into the herd, wishing she could single out the owner of the stern voice. She found herself amused by their interaction, but alas did not really have the time or wherewithal to identify and talk to the matronly-sounding Pokemon. Instead, she quickly translated for the Sawsbuck as best as she could, waving her little wings around and gesturing wildly from the Sawsbuck, the Deerling, Cynthia, and somewhere off into the shadows of the trees, ”He says they don’t need help, but thanks anyways. And they’re gonna keep going. They can show us the fastest way to the human village, since you and the other human seemed to want to go there, right?”

Cynthia frowned slightly. It seemed they were moving off now, but they wanted something from her first. Amnisiad seemed to be implying that they should go with them. She didn’t quite get that they were offering to take her to the village, but she did understand they were offering to take her somewhwre or another. Cynthia gave a nod, agreeing to their offer, and she bowed her head respectfully to the Sawsbuck in thanks and a surprising amount of humility. She couldn’t shake the feeling that he was somewhere... important, majestic, even — dare she say it — sacred.

Amnisiad blinked hard at the Sawsbuck’s sudden threat and nervously twittered, ”Oh! O-o-oh. Oh um. Yes. That would- That is fear. I mean that is scary. I mean. Um. Not that you are scary. Or, or not that you’re not scary. I mean. Scary but in a good way. Right?” Her bill opened but no more words came out, just a wordless, anxious pant. Amnisiad promptly hopped onto Cynthia’s shoulder and quietly made herself as inconspicuous as she could.

Cynthia stiffened, noting the Sawsbuck’s hard gaze, which she took to mean a warning of sorts. She understood, though she still wasn’t pleased with it. She decided to join the herd anyways, taking up a position off to the side and slightly behind the Sawsbuck that she perceived to be some kind of monarch. She glanced at Nyra, and seeing her excitement pulled a smile onto Cynthia’s face as well. She liked Nyra, and she was glad that she was feeling safer and happier now. It gave her an immense amount of satisfaction.

The pair of Deerling that they had interacted with sidled up to them, and Cynthia offered a kind nod and lowering of her head, trying to emulate the body language of the creatures when they greeted a friend. Amnisiad’s brief period of shyness was quickly forgotten when the Deerling offered their thanks, and she popped back out of Cynthia's hair and rested comfortably on the edge of her shoulder. ”Ah you’re welcome!” she chirrupped happily.

Watching the Deerling and her Fletchling, it was not too difficult to parse the meaning of the brief exchange began tone of voice and the sheepishness of the once-lost Deerling.

Still slightly wary of the Sawsbuck’s warning and not wanting to give any indication of being a danger to him or his herd, Cynthia slowly but openly, with large arm movements so it could not be mistaken for a furtive motion, reached into her bag and grabbed a supply pack. She kept walking as she loosened the tie slightly and reached in before noticing something. With the pack came a slightly sticky Haban berry that clung to the cloth. She plucked it off.

Cynthia nudged Amnisiad gently by tilting her head towards the bird ever so slightly, and she spoke in a carefully gentle voice, ”Ammy, ask our new friends if they’d like a berry. Nyra and I haven’t eaten since we were so intent on catching up, so I’m going to eat a bit now. It would be rude to not offer anything, and maybe they... hm...”

Amnisiad looked from the berry in Cynthia’s hand to the Deerling, and offered,

If they gave a positive indication, Cynthia would carefully pierce her nail into the skin of the berry and pull it into fairly equal halves. She held out a piece to both of the Deerling. If they did not, she would wipe the juice off the berry as best as she could and place it back into her backpack.

One way or another, she waited a minute before speaking, “You know, I could help you grow strong, faster than you would out here where you have to focus more on just survival. If you wanted to be able to protect yourself, and your family, you could come with me. I’d protect and provide for you until you’re strong enough. Or if you just wanted to live a life without danger, Nyra could offer a home to one of you.” She gestured towards the other woman.

Amnisiad looked from Cynthia to the Deerling to Nyra and then back to the Deerling. She finally figured out what Cynthia was saying when she pointed at the Deerling, then to herself and Nyra in a wide circle, and made a walking motion with her fingers.

[color=red]"Ohh, she wants to ask you if you’d like to come with one of us. You should! My human is really good at protecting, and she does some cool stuff, too. She's even teaching me how to be better at fighting and protecting. I bet she'd teach you, if you wanted. If you came with us, we could be friends and she would feed you and keep you safe while you get stronger. The other human is more peaceful. Um... I don't know her that well, but she seems to not like it in the wilds, so I imagine she'll be heading back to town and won't be leaving unless she really wants to."
Amnisiad looked at the two Deerling hopefully. It would be great to have a friend that she could actually converse with, even if they were a Deerling.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 12:08 PM

Admin

@Rixie

As all settled into their places, the journey was quiet and peaceful. The few Sawsbuck of the herd seemed to rotate between leading the herd on their somewhat slow journey, and trailing along behind. No one objected to Cynthia eating a meal on the go; and both Deerling accepted to eat a piece of the juicy berry that was offered to them. Nyra watched in an energized silence, resisting the urge to bring her hands up to her face and gush about how precious and beautiful the creatures were. "I... we're traveling alongside an entire herd!" She whispered squeakily to Cynthia as they all took their places. She couldn't believe it!

Both of the young Deerling seemed to consider the offer that Amnisiad described. The rescued Deerling seemed to be simultaneously intrigued, embarrassed, and anxious at the proposition, though the latter emotion seemed to be the stronger one. The more bold Deerling seemed to take the offer less seriously, but wasn't afraid of it as the more nervous deer was. Still, neither yet made a decision; it seemed an inappropriate time to.

The journey went on, peaceful and uneventful. The herd traveled at a rate that was somewhat slower than Cynthia had previously traveled at, given that they had quite a number of bodies to move and keep track of, but the progress was consistent, at least. The two young Deerling friends moved in and out of the herd, sometimes walking beside the two humans and the bird, sometimes walking with their own kind. They were willing enough to hold brief conversations with Amnisiad, though the bolder Deerling was generally more of a conversationalist than the nervous rescued Deerling.

The long day would drag on without occurrence; as the afternoon began to melt into evening, however, the herd came to a stop. The creatures began to move about in the quite small clearing that they had chosen to stop in, nibbling on grasses and taking care of whatever other business they needed to. Gradually, one by one, they began nestling down onto the ground, legs curled delicately about them.

//The Sawsbuck all say we should be near the human's territory before tomorrow evening!// The louder Deerling stated informatively, prancing over to where the women were. The sheepish rescue trailed along beside her friend, looking to be quite content.

//Sometimes we winter by the human's territory because they grow plants and berries that we sometimes eat.// Her tone was low, a conspiratorial whisper with a hint of humor behind it, an unusual tone for the shy Deerling to take. Either she was becoming more comfortable with Cynthia, Nyra, and Amnisiad or she was finally beginning to relax because she was in the reliable safety of her own herd. Perhaps both.

The bolder Deerling made a noise similar to a giggle and shushed the rescued Deerling, who also made a soft amused sound before saying, //That's what some of the other Deerling are saying, anyway!//

It was a comfortable evening for now, though in this less tropical forest the deepest parts of the night were bound to get a bit chilly. The two Deerling friends would nap beside one another, positioned near Cynthia and Nyra. The other woman would often speak softly (and very excitedly) to the Deerling as they all settled in. She had no Pokemon out to translate for her, but she and the Deerling seemed to get along well. She was, after all, quite humble and nonthreatening in appearance. Each little Deerling even allowed Nyra to stroke their bright green fur. "Their ears are so soft!" The woman would gush to Cynthia afterward. "And their colors- so beautiful!"

All in all it was a pleasant and peaceful rest of the day, and the evening would prove to be similar.

:3

^-^

leadership intensifies

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Rixie
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 12:22 PM

Lore

Nyra was clearly ecstatic. Cynthia barely hid a smile as she thought back to their first meeting just a few days ago. She had been so scared, so shy; it was hard to believe that this energetic and excited woman was the same who had stumbled in the mud and shamefully admitted she didn’t know what to call the leaf she was using to shield herself rom the rain, other than simply “a leaf”.

Cynthia noticed the pattern of Sawsbuck taking the lead and the end. It was probably wise to switch off in such a way that no individual tired or grew complacent. It was a leader’s duty to ensure everyone’s safety. She wondered where she got that idea from. She thought of her own behavior while traveling for the last few days. She kept the lead diligently, always maintaining a vigilant eye on their path ahead. She had presumed that the group would be kept safest that way, as opposed to switching off with the young Fletchling or her less-than-confident friend.

”Though I guess that’s pretty smart...” she murmured out loud. Amnisiad looked at her, and when she didn’t repeat or explain her words, the little bird poked her beak into her face. Cynthia gasped in surprise and turned a slightly reproachful eye on the Fletchling. She told her anyways, motioning with her hands to get the meaning across, ”To keep switching whoever is in the lead... it’s a good idea, as long as they are all good enough, strong enough.”

The two Deerling friends, who happened to be nearby at this time, had this thought translated to them quickly. Cynthia looked over as the Fletchling chirped away, curious to see what their reactions, if any, were. Was she being weird and overly protective again? At least this time it was more obvious that she was being protective and not threatening.

Cynthia was pleased that the day passed uneventfully, and they managed to make fairly good ground despite the slower pace. As the sun finally disappeared and evening approached, the herd slowed and Cynthia slowed with them. She watched the Deerling and Sawsbuck settling down, and she picked a spot of flat ground. It was somewhat closer to the edge, away from the youngest Deerlings but still not quite where the Sawsbuck were. She carefully arranged her bag into a pillow, making sure all the more fragile items were pushed to one side, where her head wouldn’t squish them. She was also careful to move the sharp wooden spear that was sticking out of the top of the bag away from her head, pressed against the dirt and not pointing at anybody.

Amnisiad was trying to find a comfortable place to perch or nestle into when the Deerling sisters approached. She listened intently to their words and nodded, bobbing her head up and down before relaying to Cynthia. “One more day. One. To the humans.”

Cynthia understood, and she watched the Deerling as they spoke secretively and seemed to almost giggle. It reminded her of children gossiping to their friends while their parents weren’t looking.

More privy to the words being exchanged, Amnisiad listened closely and she let out an amused twitter as one Deerling shushed the other. “I like to eat berries too,” she spoke cheerfully. “Maybe this winter I can get my human to stay there and get berries for me.” She glanced at Cynthia, a mischievous twinkle in her dark eyes. “If you are around during that time, I’ll bet she’ll get berries for you, too.”

Cynthia laid down and watched Amnisiad and Nyra and the two Deerling contentedly. It was adorable to see that the Deerling finally allowed Nyra to stroke their fur, and they seemed to almost enjoy it, pressing lightly into her touch like blades of grass gently bending with the wind. When Nyra settled beside her and exclaimed how soft and beautiful they were, Cynthia smiled and simply said, ”Maybe with some luck and more berries, and if we show them we can keep them safe and happy... they’ll be willing to stay with us.”

With that pleasant thought, Cynthia closed her eyes and started to drift off to sleep.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 05:17 PM

Admin

@Rixie

(I thought about rolling for travel encounter chance again but I think Cynthia has been trapped in the past long enough. xD So here's a free ride for the rest of the journey- not an exciting finale, but a quick one. You can write a response to this thread if you would like, or you can choose leave it here. Either way, just post in the mod req when you want this to be closed!)

The herd of Deerling awoke Nyra, Cynthia, and Amnisiad early the next day, just as the sun was beginning to rise. The sky was not yet fully lit, but was a mild grey-blue color, just tinged a bit of a peachy pink hue in the east. Many of the creatures about them were already awake and milling about, munching on grass and leaves and any other of the various plants in the area. A few were still just coming into wakefulness, but soon enough, the herd would be ready to get on the move. The trio would have just enough time to gather themselves and take care of any business they needed to before the deer would head out on the final leg of their journey.

The morning of this day would progress along much like the afternoon and early evening of the last. Peaceful, and uneventful, with on-and-off conversation with the two Deerling who had made friends with the three strangers. Every now and then they'd get a curious (or suspicious) glance from one of the Sawsbuck, but they were all left well enough alone as they completed their travels.

As the sun was just beginning to creep downward after reaching its highest point in the sky, the herd began to slow down. The bold Deerling trotted back up to Cynthia and Nyra, and announced //This is where the herd is going to stop for now! The Sawsbuck say that you just have to go that way for a little while and you'll see the ocean and the human's territory.// The Deerling that they had rescued nodded along to the words that her friend spoke. She shuffled her hooves a bit, sort of wanting to say something, but not having anything to say. She'd already thanked them, so now... it was just goodbye, right?

But goodbyes were sad, so she didn't want to say that, though she would reply in kind if a goodbye was said to her. So she chose to be basically silent, merely nodding and looking around at them all and then in the direction they were to go.

The human settlement of Forest Beach wasn't too far. It would take a bit of walking, but soon enough they'd break out of the trees and find themselves on a bit of a gravelly beach, with the humble village stretched out before them. Nyra would thank Cynthia earnestly for traveling with her, and gush somewhat about the amazing experience she'd had, before admitting that she was glad to be in a safer environment now, as danger didn't seem to suit her well. All in all, though, it had been a wonderful experience.

But it wouldn't be the last they'd see of their Deerling friends.

challenge!
Rixie has agreed to a challenge for the befriending of a Deerling! The challenge is to complete a separate dev that details the befriending of one of the Deerling, using the information detailed here. For this challenge you'll have control of the Deerling herd, the two Deerling specifically, and the NPC Nyra. The herd is which will be staying about 3-5 miles north/northwest of Forest Beach. It consists of three Sawsbuck and ten Deerling, counting the two that are up for befriending. They migrate every so often, but will be staying near Forest Beach for a couple months. The rescued Deerling is shy and skittish, a small bit clumsy, and not the brightest. She is also unendingly sweet and gentle, and always tries to exercise empathy and understanding in her interactions with others (in her sort of awkward and shy manner), which has merited her many friends within the herd. The sister Deerling isn't literally the rescued Deerling's sister, but they were hatched in the same season and have always been extremely close. The sister Deerling is more agile in both mind and body. She is very absorbed in her own world and mindset, and is fairly content to ignore those around her; as such she has few friends aside from the rescued Deerling. Right now she is fairly directionless and unmotivated, searching for her place. Her only real desire is to one day be a strong Sawsbuck, as she greatly admires the leaders of her herd (but often secretly thinks she could do better). Nyra is much as you've seen her- fairly quiet and demure, but with a passion for cute and beautiful things. She is a fairly recent immigrant, likely having arrived at about the same time as Cynthia or just before. She is still trying to rediscover herself and has no idea what she wants in life other than to be safe. However, this experience will likely lead her to discover a love of traveling to see beautiful sights, if she can get over her general fear of the unknown and lack of confidence in herself.

:3

^-^

leadership intensifies

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Save Your Goodbyes FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Kaleidoscope a rf/hm based RP PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
skin by bonbon.