Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in conflict. Beta is asking for spies to infiltrate Omega's camp, while Dentelle simply wants to inquire after the scientist's progress. Later in the season, Beta is hosting his annual crater city tournament, where people can test their Pokemon and their leadership and strategies against one another.

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Add Reply
New Poll

FEED THE WOLF, [starter]
Lunar
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 07:04 PM

Player

…my lover & i kissed in a peach grove,
& peach juice ran down our fingers.
The Sinnoh region was once a peaceful land, filled with opportunity and new beginnings. It was supposed to be where Deirdre would follow her dream of becoming a Pokemon Trainer and leave her past behind her. However, it would seem that not even the young woman could predict the world's end. Not only have the wild Pokemon gone feral and blood-thirsty, but the entire region was freezing over. There was only so much she could do to keep herself warm, yet the fires she would create would refuse to last long. If things continued on this way, it wouldn't be long before Deirdre froze to death.

The only thing keeping her alive was the fear of death itself. While she had the will to survive, she knew that it would only be a matter of time before lady luck would no longer be on her side. The one person she relied on more than her own father was Grace and she was gone. Despite everything she had learned, Deirdre was afraid of leaving this world behind. She didn't want to die alone, not like how her father did. The self-hatred and blame boiled in her blood like poison again; it was becoming too much for her to bear.

Just as she began to feel lost in her thoughts, a menacing growl snapped her back to reality. Swiftly turning her head, she noticed a pack of MIghtyena crowding her, snarling and baring their fangs threateningly. With a panicked heart and a trembling frame, Deirdre slowly got up to her feet while watching the pack carefully. So this was how it ended... However, if she was going to die at the clutches of these Mightyena, she refused to go down without a fight. Slowly grabbing her torch that sat near the fire she had made, the young woman breathed in and out slowly before glancing at the pack. She didn't want to hurt them; it wasn't in her nature.

Yet, what choice did she have? "Forgive me...!" She whispered, swinging the fiery torch at the pack before they had drawn any closer to her. The dried up grass began to burst into flame and trap the pack of Mightyena to the other side of the forest, giving Deirdre the opportunity to run. She had to get away; she had to live. The howls of the dark type Pokemon filled her ears before she finally reached a clearing out of the woods, resting against a tall tree and slid down onto the snow-covered ground. Catching her breath, the dark-haired woman placed a hand on her chest, closing her eyes before she began to shiver from the cold.

She had managed to escape the jaws of death for now, but would the cold beat the feral Pokemon to it?

BY MITZI

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 12:23 PM

Admin

A blindingly bright white flash filled the sky above, bright enough to illuminate the world around Deirdre for nearly a mile in all directions. Time almost seemed to slow for just a moment- or perhaps the next few events happened so fast that her mind could only understand them in slow-motion.

Following the bright flash, the world around Deirdre began to dim- first gradually and slowly, and then exponentially. After only a couple of seconds, everything had lost all its light. In the moment absolute darkness was reached, there was another burst of white light; then, plummeting abruptly from the sky and passing through all objects in its path as if it were incorporeal, fell what seemed to be a comet swathed in and trailing a yellow and blue light. It made no sound, and indeed, it seemed as though there was no substance to it. Although it appeared as if it was going to crash directly into Deirdre, there were no sounds of impact, no force of impact. Deirdre would feel nothing, but she would be blinded by the fierce glow of the shooting star that had nearly plummeted into her.

And then the very air around Deirdre seemed to change instantaneously. All sound vanished. The air currents vanished. The ground beneath her vanished, though no sensation of falling accompanied it; if anything, it would feel similar to floating on water. Weightlessness. And everything was black.

As Deirdre's vision returned, her eyes would confirm what her other senses may have already told her: she was no longer where she had been mere moments ago. She was... nowhere. She was in blackness. Darkness beneath, above, and on all sides. It was deep and absolute. But right before her, like a single star in a deep space, floated a fairy-like creature, whose brightness was dimming to a much more reasonable, dulled glow than the light he had been exuding previously. As the fae's light faded, his form became discernible; he was somewhat humanoid, but small.

The main part of the creature's body was white; his arms were long and clothed in white sleeves that seemed as much a part of him as anything else. His legs were comparatively short, though he did not seem to use them for much, as he was floating rather than standing. His stomach had an odd crease in it, shaped like an upturned semi-circle. His eyes were large and black, with little green triangles beneath them. There were no eyebrows nor any facial creases to determine his expression with, but the openness of his eyes and the slightly upturned thin lips seemed to indicate contentment and interest.

Atop his head were three pointed, pale yellow extremities- reminiscent of a star- each with a dangling rectangular blue tag that seemed to shiver slightly in a nonexistent wind. The pale yellow growth also came down to frame the sides of the fae's milky white face. Two long, ribbon-like appendages of that same pale yellow color extended from the base of its neck. They levitated delicately behind the creature.

My name is Jirachi.

The voice that this Jirachi spoke with was clear as a bell and was just as cheerful and musical, though it seemed as though it spoke with a slight echo, or as if there were multiple melodic voices speaking nearly at the same time with a slight delay, which would force Deirdre to pay close attention to the words if she wanted to be able to understand exactly what being said by the lone companion she had in this strange, empty place.

What do you remember?

It was a question Jirachi needed to ask first. People's memories faded from them at varying rates in this in-between place; some lost all memory immediately upon entry into the void, others lost them gradually during the course of their conversation, and some seemed to retain most of their memories and sense of self all the way until their final moments in the void. It was important to ascertain their level of remembrance at the beginning, as it would affect the style of conversation and the types of questions he could ask.

Are you injured?

If Deirdre revealed any injuries, Jirachi would incline his head and the air- or space, or void, or whatever- above Deirdre would glitter somewhat, and any injuries would cease hurting, and would be mostly healed by the time Deirdre left this in-between worlds to enter the next. But that was the future. This was now, and there were questions to be answered.

@Lunar

Welcome to the void between universes. Deirdre will begin her journey through this vacuity by conversing with Jirachi, who will learn as much as he can about the human. When Jirachi feels he has learned enough, or if Deirdre chooses to end the conversation, Celebi will take the information Jirachi has obtained and present Deirdre with a number of challenges- mental or physical- to determine which of the Pokemon that Jirachi suggests would be the best partner for the human. Enjoy!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Lunar
 Posted: May 31 2018, 07:29 PM

Player

we're slow dancing in a burning room, darling
this is the deep and dying breath
coded by blair of shine and sonder
Just as the acceptance of dying from hypothermia began to settle in Deirdre's mind, a flash of white light illuminated the sky and came heralding towards her. Shielding her gaze from the blinding rays, the young woman believed that this would be the end of her existence. However, the bitter cold that had her frozen was replaced with a pleasant warmth. Opening her eyes after a short moment, she realized that her surroundings had changed from a snowy tundra to complete and utter darkness. As she began to fear the worst had happened, a small yet elegant being appeared before her, catching her by surprise. At first, fear had taken over, but then she realized almost immediately that this creature meant no harm.

When he introduced himself as Jirachi, Deirdre found an unusual wave of calm wash over her. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Jirachi. I'm Deirdre." She spoke in turn, giving him a small smile before slowly getting up to her feet. "I... I remember being chased by a pack of Mightyena, but then... Nothing else." She narrowed her eyes as she glanced down at her feet, trying to recollect anything else that might have happened. However, it all came as a blank. Why...? She had remembered everything else so vividly before. How could she not do so now?

As Jirachi asked her if she had any injuries, she shook her head and smiled in reassurance. "No, I'm alright. Thank you." She answered politely, looking around then turned her gaze to meet his own. "If I may ask... Where are we?"

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 12:51 PM

Admin

Dierdre. Such a unique name, does it have meaning that you are aware of?

Jirachi wasn't an expert on humans, exactly, but he had met so many of them since he began attending to this duty of rescuing them, that he at least had a grasp on much of human basics, such as names. Dierdre was not one that he had heard before.

This is an empty space, a place between the old, dying world and the new one I am taking you to.

It was a simple explanation of a more complex idea, but it was all Jirachi really had time for, and it was usually enough of an explanation to satisfy the curiosities and insecurities of most. Her question answered, he turned his thoughts to what he should ask of her next.

I am tasked with learning a little bit about all those who come through here.

This was both a brief explanation of what he was doing, as well as a way to stall for a moment longer while he solidified what to ask and what to converse about with the limited time they had together here.

You cannot remember anything, so I cannot learn from you that way. So let's try to speak theoretically of the future: what is it that you would like to do or to accomplish?

Hopefully, Dierdre retained enough knowledge to answer the questions. Aside from their own personal memories, the amnesia often affected a lot of a person's basic knowledge as well. Some did not remember what a world populated by humans was like, or even that there were other people that existed. He wouldn't know until he tried, though, so the question still stood as his best potential option to learn about the human.

@Lunar

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Lunar
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 06:48 PM

Player

The young woman felt her cheeks flush at her name being called unique, smiling gently before she allowed herself to recall the meaning of her name. Luckily, Deirdre managed to remember the one word that immediately popped into her head. She didn't know how she knew, but a part of her believed it to be true. "It means melancholy.." She answered, her gaze drifting down to her feet as her smile faded ever so slightly. She reached out a hand to her heart and clutched at the fabric of her shirt before she heard Jirachi address her again. Meeting his eyes once more, Deirdre tilted her head to one side. Between universes...? What in the world did he mean by that? Despite the sudden confusion, she was slowly letting the fact that she was no longer home sink in.

As the wish-granting Pokemon told her that he wanted to get to know her, Deirdre smiled at him before nodding. "What do you want to know?" She asked, waiting for his question until he proceeded to ask her about what she wanted for the future. "The future..." She thought for a moment, glancing down briefly before meeting Jirachi's gaze once again. "I have always wanted to help others; to do some good in the world. I don't know how I know this but... I can just feel it, you know?" She started, her smile growing brighter as she spoke. "I want to be a positive influence on others, but more than anything... I just want a family. I thought that being a Pokemon Trainer would help me find that."

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 10:45 AM

Admin

I see. Those seem like worthy goals.

Jirachi replied, after the human had said her piece in response to his questions. He was pleased at how she tried to answer his questions thoroughly, to the best of her ability. It wasn't a lot, given that her memories seemed to be fading even as they spoke, but it was enough for him to work with without much trouble. That meant that they could move onto the next step.

I'll ask one more question.
Do you have any unfulfilled wishes?

As Jirachi spoke, he bowed to the human in a gesture of farewell. If the human was looking at the fae, and was observant in that moment, she would see written upon the three blue tags that dangled from Jirachi's star-shaped headdress, a record of the brief conversation that the two of them had just shared. Each answer he had given was written in compact, scrolling text, as if on some enchanted parchment.

As Jirachi bowed, his dull glow began to increase in brightness. It was gradual, at first, but as he straightened from his bow the lightening was exponential. Before the light became too harsh for Deidre's eyes, Jirachi spoke his goodbyes to the human.

I wish you luck.

With those final words, Jirachi swiftly flew up into the air, his trailing lights of yellow and blue following him as he took a position high above Deidre, finally settling into place as some sort of star or moon, much larger and brighter than the little twinkling stars he had created before in this false sky. He cast a slight bluish light over the black void, though there was nothing yet save Deidre herself for Jirachi's light to illuminate; but soon enough her surroundings would change.

I am Celebi.

The new voice that greeted Deirdre was disembodied; no source revealed itself and it sounded from every direction simultaneously. The voice sounded nearly like a whisper, like a light breeze blowing over a delicate wooden flute; breathy, and yet sober, with full, velvety undertones. The voice was both more feminine and more bold in comparison to Jirachi's. Judging by her next choice of words, she was even more direct than Jirachi, as well.

I desire to test you and thus make a judgement and determine what will await you in your new world.

As the disembodied words reverberated through the inky black void, the human's environment began to change, to come to life. All around, little green saplings- tinted slightly blue by the light that Jirachi was radiating down upon everything- sprouted up out of the nothingness and matured right before the human's eyes into healthy, tall, magnificent trees. Celebi herself remained out of sight, and her voice echoing from all directions.

Do you agree to be challenged?

@Lunar

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Lunar
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 02:57 PM

Player

"Wishes...?" Deirdre murmured to herself in question, pondering for a short time before she managed to grasp at a fading memory. "I wish... I wish I could have understood my father better. I wish I could have been a better daughter to him." As she spoke those words, the young woman felt the tears threaten to fall from her hazel eyes. Her chest began to ache painfully, a bittersweet taste in her mouth before Jirachi's light began to form. Shielding her gaze as the legendary being left her with a wish of good luck, she lowered her hand to find him gone.

"Thank you, Jirachi..." She whispered with a small smile. Soon after, the world around her began to shift and change, a voice making itself known as trees and grass formed all around her. Deirdre couldn't help but watch in awe as the newly changed environment welcomed her with open arms, feeling a sense of security and safety as the trees towered over her. The voice had called itself Celebi as she looked around to find the source, only to be greeted with no presence. Instead, Celebi wished to test her. The young woman felt unsure, yet she knew that the only way through was forward. With a deep breath inward, she gave a firm nod before speaking.

"Yes. I accept."

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 10:08 PM

Admin

Good.

Celebi's single-syllable reply was the last that the woman would hear from the unseen Legendary for a while, as the Time Travel Pokemon focused her will into physically manifesting in the void around the woman. The human would have to take her cues from the forest around her, from now on.

The trees seemed to slide along the ground, being brought together by an unseen power, beginning to form some sort of structure before Deirdre. The trees seemed to meld together, though an opening remained in front of her, as if inviting.

If she stepped forward, she would see that just before the entrance to whatever had just been formed with the trees, there was a tree stump. The stump had words carved into it, which read:

'Pick a sense. Trust it. Follow it.'

As Deirdre read the instructions, three things simultaneously manifested themselves to her, essentially simultaneously.

One of the three was a smell. It was sweet, but not an overwhelmingly rich sweet smell. It was sweet and earthy, like a particularly pungent flower or herb, or like a green forest just after a rainfall. It was enticing and pure.

The second of the three was a sound, a distant percussive melody, like a wooden bell or wooden chime. It was simple, not elaborate, consisting of only one or two repeated pitches in a looping rhythm. p> The final of the three was a sight, a softly glowing ball of white light, almost like a glowing cotton ball. It seemed soft and unassuming, but cheerful, in a way. It hovered easily in the air before her. If she tried to touch it, her hand would go straight through it as if it wasn't there.

After she has sensed, experienced, each of these, there was movement. The small ball of light went through the entrance left open in the wall of trees. That was also the direction that the smell and sound seemed to be coming from. If Deirdre followed, she would quickly discern that the structure that all of these hundreds of trees had formed was a maze. But now that she was in the maze, she would find that the pleasant smell, the rhythmic tune, and the glowing sphere were all leading her in different directions.

So, which sense would she trust, which sense would she follow? Any of the three- smell, sound, or sight- would lead her deeper into the maze.

@Lunar

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp Pokefalls Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.