Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in conflict. Beta is asking for spies to infiltrate Omega's camp, while Dentelle simply wants to inquire after the scientist's progress. Later in the season, Beta is hosting his annual crater city tournament, where people can test their Pokemon and their leadership and strategies against one another.

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Closed
New Poll

Never Forget The Light, [Development]
Kaien
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 09:18 PM

Admin

This thread is being used to work on character arc and build loyalty with Klink (Currently Unnamed)

She stood there, trying to take it in. The presence, the voice... gone. Was it over? She couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. She couldn't remember what real was. The statues surrounded her in an arc, and the path in front of her led to a city of some sort. At least, that's what was coming to mind, but what was a city? What was anything. It was all so strange and unclear, so she stopped and decided to focus on the present.

And the creature in front of her.

She studied it, as it twisted constantly. It approached her, and stopped a few feet away. It was floating, somehow levitating without any visible effort. It wasn't a very appealing creature, but it was here, and seemed... familiar. Her head became more clouded as memories of what she'd been doing minutes ago started fading away. The only thing that seemed to make sense was this creature. She felt something in her hand and looked down.

Her mind couldn't seem to identify exactly what it was, but from instinct she looked back up at the pokemon. Wait, pokemon? The name for the type of creature had occurred naturally, but anymore thought on it was shut down by blankness. But something deep inside her said that the two were connected somehow. It was all she really had to go on, so there wasn't much point questioning it. But what did she need to do? It stood there floating, and the ball sat in her hand.

She threw it at one of it's faces.

Why in the world did I do THAT? Her thoughts were about to start swarming about the action, but her expression was replaced with confusion as the ball reacted to hitting the pokemon. It opened, and a strange red light poured out and encompassed the pokemon. It disappeared, the light pulling back into the ball taking the metal creature with it. The ball closed, and shook a few times before stopping with a decisive click and flash of a light on the button.

What in the world?

It... seemed right? She went forward and picked up the ball, examining it. Then, for the first time, she thought to check what else she had on her, putting the ball in a pocket in the jacket she wore. As she did, she felt something else. She pulled it out and turned the strange pink circular object in her hand. It seemed odd, but comforting. Like this was something she knew of, and owned. Seeing a latch on it, she fiddled for a second to open the object.

After popping it open, she inspected the contents. On the bottom half, there was some strange brownish... cream? Not quite, as it was more solid then that. But when she brushed a finger on it, it came up on her finger. She rubbed it between her fingers as the color took and was very similar to her own skin tone. The top half of the little thing encompassed a small mirror. She tilted it and looked into it, seeing her face. On the bottom of the mirror was an inscription.

Shae

--------------------

PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 12:10 PM

Admin

Was that her name? It felt so right. So familiar, just like the object it was inscribed on. She spoke the word a few times, feeling it roll off her tongue and flinched at the sound for a moment. Was that her voice? It was so sweet, yet so strong. She liked it. There were so many strange things, and she thought about the wonders everything could hold. Her excitement started to bubble up at the thought. Okay, so that was it. She'd go by Shae.

Shae started walking, taking in her surroundings. The statues and trees were so beautiful. Her back instinctively straightened as she walked, her posture improving naturally.The weariness was edging at her, but she ignored it in favor of getting a little exploration in. Besides, she had nowhere to sleep. Sleeping on the ground in some unknown area when she had no idea what was going on? That wasn't going to happen.

Starting towards the city, she looked around. It didn't seem like there were any people or pokemon nearby. Then what was that metal pokemon doing? She closed the compact and tucked it in her pocket, pulling out the ball instead. She looked it over as she continued toward her destination. It had felt so familiar. Was it waiting for her? Did it know she would be there at that exact time? It wasn't a stretch, after all, given that she had no recollection of anything previous to a couple minutes ago.

She clicked the button on the ball, and the pokemon came out. It floated there, turning into itself. Or, themselves, perhaps? It seemed like there were two of them, but they moved so perfectly with each other it really felt like just one presence. It seemed to be looking at her, as if waiting for something. As for what, she couldn't be sure. Well, shall we explore a little? It rose a little bit, eyes lighting up, but it was so subtle she wasn't sure what to make of it.

I suppose I'll take that as a yes. It certainly was a strange pokemon. And the way it moved was anything but graceful. So jerky, despite it's constant pattern. You'd think it would at least be a little more fluid. On top of that, those big turquoise noses weren't very attractive. This creature wasn't pretty by any standards. If she had it before losing her memories, she was wondering now why. I shouldn't think so negatively! She pushed those bad thoughts from her mind. After all, everything had it's positives!

So Shae focused back on heading into the city nearby. The pokemon followed beside her, and she spared glances at it as they traveled. Their destination wasn't that far away, so it shouldn't take them too long, but she was at a loss of what to say to her little partner. It seemed content to travel in silence though, so she kept it that way, a light smile creeping into her expression. She looked forward as the building up ahead started to grow bigger as she grew nearer.

--------------------

PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Oct 10 2016, 12:59 PM

Admin

It wasn't too long before the pair (or trio?) was crossing into the city, marked by the buildings that replaced the trees. The path expanded into a much wider road, and there were people all around, going about their business. The woman studied them, these strangers. It was odd to see all of these other people, but not finding a single face that she remembered. The concept was off-putting, and made her a little anxious. And yet, being around other people somehow comforted her.

The metal creature had followed her here, silently. She paused and looked over at the pokemon, it's strange qualities just as weird as the first time she looked at it. It wasn't anything she imagined having been around in her life, but without memories there was no way to confirm. It certainly looked like something she'd rather avoid than keep. But, it was the only creature or person around that seemed familiar in any way. She welcomed it's presence.

Shae smiled.

Returning her focus to the city, she continued walking, taking in their surroundings. It seemed amazing, from the décor from the buildings to a couple children playing off to the side. She walked, getting deeper into the city, and she kept looking around, hoping something might stand out. Something like the little container she'd found in her pocket, that just felt important to her. She wanted there to be some indication or reminder of what she had been prior to waking up near those statues.

A couple stands were set up, with many different kinds of things on them. She approached one that caught her eye. It was selling a variety of small, differently shaped objects, but they looked kind of squishy. As she got a little closer, she was able to pick up on a variety of scents coming from them. What were they? She got to the stand, and picked up a blue one, that looked rather plain. Whilst holding it, she looked to the others and noticed the signs, marking them. She could quite read them though.

"Need some oran berries, huh? A must have for any traveler!" The man spoke up, seeing her eying the berry. An oran berries? That's what this is? That got her a strange look, but the man confirmed that it was just oran berry. So why had he said berries before? But she didn't really like the look she got, so she set it down and turned away from the stand. The pokemon hesitated an extra few seconds, lingering on the berries. Does that mean they are food then?

Deciding she could figure it out later, Shae continued exploring. A piece of hair fell out of place, and her hand instinctively went up to fix it immediately. That gave her pause. It felt like something she'd done a million times, but for the life of her she couldn't remember a single instance. Then she felt her hair, and fought the urge to run her fingers through it. Why? What would it do? Why was her body remembering to do things when she had no recollection of why?

The frustration and circling thoughts were cut off by a child, who'd gasped off to the side. She looked over, face rather blank, though her lips curled into a grin as she saw the young boy. What was a boy? She ignored the thought as he pointed and looked really happy. "Look mom, it's a kilnk!" It was then that she noticed the woman holding the boy's hand. But more importantly she followed the pointing finger, wanting to know what he was labeling and found herself looking at the pokemon that was following her.

So this was called a Klink.

--------------------

PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Oct 11 2016, 09:03 PM

Admin

Shae studied the pokemon for a minute, watching it turn. Klink. She tried the word, but it didn't roll off her tongue well. Her lips pursed as she thought, hips swaying slightly to the side. I think you are going to need a nickname. Continuing her concentrated glare at the klink, she considered options. But nothing was coming to mind. Given her lack of memories, it shouldn't have been a surprise. She relaxed and decided she'd figure out a name later.

Though she wondered If it needed anything. Do you see anything you need? Asking the question, she waited as the metal pokemon seemed to consider the question... either that or it ignored her. She was relieved once it started to move. It floated towards the stand with the berry. Or berries. Whatever they were, it seemed interested in them. It lowered it's height near one of the baskets of berries.

The woman joined it, and the stand owner was looking her over again. Klink was interested in a strange reddish berry, though it seemed like it was made up of a bunch of little circular berries. She wondered why it wanted it. Uhh, how do I get one of these? The man didn't seem amused, but it was an honest question. "Well, got any tokens on ya? Or do you not know what those are either?" Tokens? She definitely didn't, but his tone didn't make her happy.

Digging through her pockets, she realized she had a lot more than she'd thought. Probably should have checked earlier, but she had been distracted. Feeling a strange small pouch, she pulled it out and inspected it. By opening it with the strings, she pulled out one of the many identical tokens and smirked. By the look on his face, she was sure it was exactly what he meant. So, how many tokens is it going to cost me for 2?

He told her 60 for both, since apparently the berry was pretty rare. She sorted out the tokens as needed, and took the two berries she thought looked best. Then, getting a little away from the stand, she'd turn to the spinning gear pokemon. Alright, here we go. One for each mouth! She carefully fed the klink as it floated happily next to her. She lifted a hand, trying to pet it, but had to be careful not to hit an eye or mouth. With it constantly turning, it was a little tricky. Once that was done, they could continue traveling through the city.

And so the exploration continued. The city was pretty big, but she didn't think to take any turns, so after a time she was on the other side of the city, and a more forested area awaited. But she stopped. She didn't really want to go in the forest, did she? No, she didn't. Turning around, she'd look at what was around. What was it she needed to find? Thinking about it, her fatigue started to hint at her again. So, a place to rest it was.

Are you ready for some rest as well? The klink seemed to look happy in response, rising a bit and lifting it's eyes. With this pokemon though, it seemed any expression was pretty subtle, so she was going to have to really pay attention. Shae still took that as a yes. But where to begin? She had no idea where anything was, or even what it would look like if she did find it. I don't suppose you know where we can get some rest, huh?

It didn't respond.

--------------------

PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 07:38 PM

Admin

Shae looked around, trying to see if anything would catch her eye. It took a minute or so through the crowd, but she saw a strange colorful thing posted on the wall of one of the shops. Crossing the crowd, she went to look at it. She studied it, but it didn't make any sense to her. What were these strange symbols? What did they mean? She felt like she should know this, but she didn't and there was no getting around it.

Her expression warped in confusion and concentration, her eyebrows narrowing as she tried to figure it out. Clearly, her struggle was seen, as a woman came up to her and greeted her, asking if she needed help. She was caught off guard by the stranger, but appreciated the help anyway. Fixing her expression, she smiled at the woman, pointing at the flyer. Yeah, I can seem to figure out what it means.

The stranger nodded, and read it before speaking. "It's an ad from Professor Dentelle. She's offering to help recent amnesiacs in exchange for some work. It says she'll show you around town and answer any questions you have." Then she smiled back, extending a hand. "My name is Zoe. Do you know your name?

That... was an odd question to ask. Uh, Shae. Nice to meet you. She managed to mumble that out, forgetting about the hand that was extended. Her brows furrowed a bit in confusion. Did this woman know about her memory loss? I'm sorry but, what's an an-e-ziak? She stumbled over the strange word. It certainly wasn't one she liked. It just didn't roll off the tongue right. Certainly no one would refer to her as something so odd.

Zoe giggled. "It's am-ne-siac. It means someone who lost their memories." She winked at Shae. "Doooess that sound like you?" The stranger was completely on point, but she wasn't about to admit to being categorized as a weird word like that. Actually, yeah. I can't really remember anything from... well earlier today actually. I just walked into town from the forest. She glanced at the poster once more before returning her attention to Zoe. She wondered what this girl was all about.

"Oh wow, a new arrival! We'll you should definitely go see the professor then. She can help you a lot. In the meantime..." She looped an arm through one of Shae's, which flustered the woman. "You can come stay with me! I've been dying to have a roommate. At least until you get on your feet, k?" She was already leading her off into the city, the klink floating behind them. Though it didn't seem like Zoe had paid any attention to the pokemon yet.

Stumbling to keep in step, she tried to speak as they walked. A-Are you sure? I mean, I really appreciate it, but you don't know me at all! It would be wrong to say she wasn't excited at the idea of a new friend - and a nice place to stay and get some rest. Plus, this professor sounded promising. She wasn't sure what the girl had meant by 'work' but she supposed she could ask about that later. For now, there were other questions that needed answering, as she was lead by some unknown person to what she assumed would be her home.

"Don't worry about it! See, I was just like you, but I've been living here a couple years now. So I understand completely how you feel and what's going on. I'm happy to help! She was a little off-set by the willingness to help, but the young woman seemed honest. If she'd been through it before, it would definitely be a good thing to live with her. Zoe might be able to help her figure things out, which is what she needed really. So, that was that. Shae would make friends with and live with this woman for a bit, as she was already being so helpful.

Water started to well up under her eyes. Thank you so much.

--------------------

PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Oct 13 2016, 01:46 PM

Admin

She didn't understand why she was crying. This wasn't a sad moment! Though, somewhere deep down, she felt like a weight had been lifted. Like some buried emotion she'd been avoiding was suddenly dissipating, and everything seemed to be looking up. It was easier to feel positive all of the sudden, and all thanks to this mysterious woman, who was leading her to her new home.

Zoe didn't look back, but a soft smile showed on her face. "Don't worry about it. I'm happy to help, k?" Soon enough, they were at a door that she had stopped them both at. Shae had wiped her eyes while they walked, but had no idea the affect the tears had on her face, due to the makeup she had been wearing. Of course, she hadn't realized she was wearing makeup yet.

After fishing out a key, the girl opened the door and waved her inside. The dark skinned woman first looked to make sure the pokemon had followed. Sure enough, the klink was next to her still. Nodding, she proceeded into the house, followed by both the pokemon and the person. "So this is it. Home sweet home. Bathroom is through that door -" Motioning while speaking, Shae followed the gesture to a door across the room. "-and don't worry, I'm sure you'll remember what that is once the time comes. Otherwise, make yourself at home. I've still got to get food, since I ran into you and didn't get any, but I'll be back in a jiffy." She waved and headed out the door, leaving her to herself and the metal creature.

It was peaceful here, in this home of hers. Things were very basically decorated, but decorated just the same. It created a nice atmosphere, blues and greys dominating the room. It was relaxing, and not terrible to look at. On the contrary, it looked rather nice. She investigated this 'bathroom', looking in and not understanding it. Either it would click later or Zoe would need to explain it. Such a small room too.

Pacing around the room, her eyes rested on the Klink. Sooo a name. Other than Klink. That's probably a generic term right? Like human or person is for me? She asked the pokemon, that made a sound in response. Ohhh such an adorable sound! She lit up at it's pretty voice, and took it as a yes. Did it really understand her though? She guessed yes, given that it had found the berries earlier when she asked if it needed anything.

Soo then, what to name you. It should be special, but not too fancy. Simple, but pretty none the less. Hmm... She brought her hand up to her chin, elbow resting in her other arm as she looked around and thought. There were quite a few things in the room, but most of them weren't familiar. At least, she couldn't think of what any of them were called. Deep down, she was hoping something would trigger her mind enough to at least think of a name for the pokemon.

Adjusting her arms, she'd shift through her pockets, taking out a variety of items. There was the pouch with the tokens, it's pokeball, a couple other pokeballs, some berries, and another item she wasn't familiar with, alongside her small pink container. She just noticed how much was in her pockets, and wondered why she didn't have some sort of bag or something to carry it all in. That was something she'd need to find, but was sure her new friend would assist her with that.

Fingering the klink's pokeball, she still needed a name for it. Let's see... klink. klink. klink. She mouthed the name, trying to see if she could draw something from it by voicing it differently and breaking down the word. You could be Link? or maybe Lin? What do you think? The pokemon narrowed it's eyes, as if considering it, then spoke a lower noise, which seemed like disapproval to her. Okay then. Wait. What about Kay? First letter of it's name, and a name in itself. It was a pretty neutral name, simple, but yet it wasn't an ugly name. The klink gave a little more excitement at that, which made her beam.

Great! Then I'll call you Kay.

--------------------

PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Oct 14 2016, 02:06 PM

Admin

Alright, so officially, it's nice to meet you Kay. I'm Shae. Not that the pokemon seemed capable of any words except 'klink'. Was that how all pokemon were? It seemed an odd thing. After all, how would they effectively communicate with people and each other if that's all they can say? Doesn't make much sense, but she would rather settle on that being normal rather than Kay being odd.

She started to explore the home a bit, walking through a few rooms she didn't know the name of. One seemed to store food, another was a larger room with a big soft thing in the middle. There were many small things she didn't recognize, and some clothes here and there. It was all so strange, yet somehow she felt it made sense. With no idea what she should do now, as leaving would likely be rude, she went back to the entrance and found a soft blue... thing, to sit on.

It was immensely comfortable, and Shae watched as her klink was floating around, looking at many of the things she'd seen and more. Leaning back into the cushion, she'd sigh out of relief. It was nice to be off her feet. She hadn't truly realized how tired she was until she'd sat here. To get more comfortable, she fumbled with the jacket to undo the front, and eventually was able to slide her arms out of it. Setting it on the side of the strange object she sat in, she'd look up at the pokemon, who was now resting near her.

Or at least as resting as it could get. The pokemon never stopped turning, but the way it turned allowed it to rest on a cushion. Since the two gears went in opposite directions, it seemed the counter kept it relatively in place, so it could almost sit down. She reached out a hand to carefully pet it again, smiling at the strangely familiar creature. It was nice to have something she felt comfortable with nearby. Something about Kay just felt right, like them being together was meant to be.

Once she found a motion that seemed to please the klink, it started to relax more, eventually closing it's eyes. After a few more minutes of unconsciously petting it while studying the many things in the room, Shae started to doze off. She didn't know how long it had been since she slept, or what she was even doing before her consciousness kicked in. Either way, her body felt like it was dragging and her mind pushed for rest.

Pulling off her shoes, she would tuck her feet in under her. Once she was comfortable, she'd spare one final look at Kay before passing into sleep.

--------------------

PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 12:43 PM

Admin

topic closed
▲▲ shae earns 100 tokens for completing a topic
▲▲ klink is named kay
▲▲ kay gains 2% loyalty for the positive interactions

▼▼ shae spends 60 tokens on the berries

The net gain is 40 tokens.

I loved, loved reading this! Reading Shae's thought processes throughout the whole experience was interesting. Her bright personality always stayed in place, but there was always that hint of panic or confusion or sadness hiding behind her cheerful demeanor. As a side note, I would have loved more insight into Kay's thought process. But overall, excellent dev topic!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.