Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new universe, this new world, and give it purpose. (Our site is best viewed in Firefox or Chrome.)

Events

It's the most wonderful
time of the year- meaning, the time of Delibird gifts and of winter festivals! And as always, our plot events are still going strong.

Season

winter will be here until
March. Aside from the western Great Forest, which is too warm, and the Desert Strip, which is too dry, snow begins to fall across the region. The chill of the season has just about every area firmly in its grasp. Ice and Dark types become more common as the temperature drops and the daylight fades.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Closed
New Poll

The Oncoming Storm, [starter]
kira
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 01:37 PM

Temp

It wasn't a crime to have a day to yourself, was it? That was what Matt thought, having left Beauty behind today. He needed time to clear his head, and that wasn't wrong or bad. He just.... After what had happened... After what he had done... He needed something. He needed... He needed.... He needed a distraction. Yes, that was fine. Just get some distance and figure out what he needed to do.

But what could he do? Did he have a right to? What'd he'd done was horrible.

Matt suddenly bent down, in the grassy clearing he stood in. Well... It wasn't a grassy clearing like there used to be. The grass was largely burnt brown, with patches of grass that was black and dead. Of course, that was where there was even grass, with the cracks and ruptures from past earthquakes. With the chaos in the world, random natural disasters striking in patterns and shapes that were completely foreign were commonplace. Matt was ever so slightly offended that suddenly the laws of nature had unraveled and reformed in some twisted imposter of their former existence. Hurricanes would unfold and destroy in the middle of the mainland, unimpeded by the lack of water beneath them, earthquakes would stride through the land, like a gigantic, destructive snake. Rude is what it all was. Almost the worst part was that Matt hadn't much of an idea as to what could've caused this. Surely it must be a pokemon, as he was sure no matter how ridiculous or insane science may have gotten... It couldn't have caused this much damage this quickly.

Still... That wasn't what he should be focusing on. Nah, it was this little flower poking out from the cracks in the ground, a gentle little thing, with soft pink petals. He didn't pick the flower, as that would instantly kill it, separated from its roots. So, instead he grinned at it. "Brilliant." He said to the flower. "Maybe, just maybe..." Of course, he knew that while he could take this as a sign of hope... This flower would likely succumb to a number of things. Or maybe this flower was just another part of the chaos, just maybe that one tiny spark of non-malicious anarchy. An anomaly. It could be. Matt couldn't really know.

Matt picked himself back up and moved along. He walked past the broken and scarred grass, and made it to a river... Which seemed to thankfully still be made of rather nice water, that wasn't acid or something ridiculous like that. He was bending down and gently brushing the water's surface with his fingers, when he heard an angry voice call out.

"Matthew Noble!" The voice snarled.

Matt sighed and stood up. He grinned at the angry gang that approached him, on this side of the river. A side glance showed that there were more angry people on the other side.

"We know what you've done." Said a man who stepped forward as the leader. Well, actually Matt knew who he was. It was a man he'd tangled with a little too many times in the past, before the Suffering. So, it seemed the man had gathered followers after the Suffering and was here now. Not sure why he was after Matt. Didn't he have better things to do than come and do his silly little revenge thing on Matt?

Matt hummed uncertainly. "And what have I done? So many things I've done, you're gonna have to be more specific." He answered.

"We won't be next. That's why you'll die right now, like the parasite you are." The man then screamed, and Matt found himself running.

He didn't exactly have time to die today. Barely had enough time for anything. Such a busy schedule of running, didn't have anywhere to squeeze in dying. Well, he supposed this worked for running. Loved the running. The feeling of wind blowing through his hair, against his face, and his heart pounding in his chest as his feet pounded against the ground. He'd spent his whole life running, running from things, running to things. Running to people. Running from people. Running, running, running. Did he know how to do much else? Nah, it was just that running was at the core of his being. If he didn't run he should probably find a new name, because then he wouldn't be Matthew Noble anymore. Matthew Noble spent his life running. For now, he was still Matthew Noble.

Looking over his shoulder.... Er, they seemed a little fast. He sucked in air, and he jumped to the side, diving into the river. Which was surprisingly fast. Faster than he'd sworn before when he touched the water. He yelped when he hit the water and was being whisked away. "Okay! This is a tad faster than I thought it'd be! Well at least this isn't an acid river! Could be worse!" He shouted to himself, as he was whisked downriver. Suddenly he was submerged and trying to hold in his breath. He struggled and flailed to get his head above water again. He succeeded enough to suck in more air, before he was pulled beneath the surface again. He couldn't tell where he was. He couldn't tell if his pursuers were still chasing him, or assuming he'd drown before anything else.

Suddenly he had air! Lots of it! He opened his eyes and a few things occurred to him. One, the river seemed to have thrown him a bit, and when he looked straight ahead he could see the river. Two, he was falling. Oh stars, was he falling. It made his heart pound ever faster. Three, he was just flung off a waterfall. Four.... He was probably going to die now.

He was rapidly falling and at this height he'd surely die, even if hit the water instead of hard, hard land. He was going to die and these were his last moments. So, all he had to whisper was this. "Here we go."

He shut his eyes. He didn't exactly want to see the exact second he was going to die.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 01:02 PM

Admin

A blindingly bright white flash filled the sky above, bright enough to illuminate the world around Matt for nearly a mile in all directions. Time almost seemed to slow as he fell- or perhaps the next few events happened so fast that his mind could only understand them in slow-motion.

Following the bright flash, the world around Matt began to dim- first gradually and slowly, and then exponentially. After only a couple of seconds, everything had lost all its light. In the moment absolute darkness was reached, there was another burst of white light; then, plummeting abruptly from the sky and passing through all objects in its path as if it were incorporeal, fell what seemed to be a comet swathed in and trailing a yellow and blue light. It made no sound, and indeed, it seemed as though there was no substance to it. Although it appeared as if it was going to crash directly into Matt, colliding with him in midair as he fell, there were no sounds of impact, no force of impact. Matt would feel nothing, but he would be blinded by the fierce glow of the shooting star that had nearly plummeted into him, in the moment just before he would have made impact with the river that the waterfall flowed into.

And then the very air around Matt seemed to change instantaneously. All sound vanished. The air currents vanished. The ground beneath him vanished, though no sensation of falling accompanied it; if anything, it would feel similar to floating on water. Weightlessness. And everything was black.

As Matt's vision returned, his eyes would confirm what his other senses may have already told him: he was no longer where he had been mere moments ago. He was... nowhere. He was in blackness. Darkness beneath, above, and on all sides. It was deep and absolute. But right before him, like a single star in a deep space, floated a fairy-like creature, whose brightness was dimming to a much more reasonable, dulled glow than the light he had been exuding previously. As the fae's light faded, his form became discernible; he was somewhat humanoid, but small.

The main part of the creature's body was white; his arms were long and clothed in white sleeves that seemed as much a part of him as anything else. His legs were comparatively short, though he did not seem to use them for much, as he was floating rather than standing. His stomach had an odd crease in it, shaped like an upturned semi-circle. His eyes were large and black, with little green triangles beneath them. There were no eyebrows nor any facial creases to determine his expression with, but the openness of his eyes and the slightly upturned thin lips seemed to indicate contentment and interest.

Atop his head were three pointed, pale yellow extremities- reminiscent of a star- each with a dangling rectangular blue tag that seemed to shiver slightly in a nonexistent wind. The pale yellow growth also came down to frame the sides of the fae's milky white face. Two long, ribbon-like appendages of that same pale yellow color extended from the base of its neck. They levitated delicately behind the creature.

My name is Jirachi.

The voice that this Jirachi spoke with was clear as a bell and was just as cheerful and musical, though it seemed as though it spoke with a slight echo, or as if there were multiple melodic voices speaking nearly at the same time with a slight delay, which would force Matt to pay close attention to the words if he wanted to be able to understand exactly what being said by the lone companion he had in this strange, empty place.

What do you remember?

It was a question Jirachi needed to ask first. People's memories faded from them at varying rates in this in-between place; some lost all memory immediately upon entry into the void, others lost them gradually during the course of their conversation, and some seemed to retain most of their memories and sense of self all the way until their final moments in the void. It was important to ascertain their level of remembrance at the beginning, as it would affect the style of conversation and the types of questions he could ask.

Are you injured?

If Matt revealed any injuries, Jirachi would incline his head and the air- or space, or void, or whatever- above Matt would glitter somewhat, and any injuries would cease hurting, and would be mostly healed by the time Matt left this in-between worlds to enter the next. But that was the future. This was now, and there were questions to be answered.

@kira

Welcome to the void between universes. Matt will begin his journey through this vacuity by conversing with Jirachi, who will learn as much as he can about the human. When Jirachi feels he has learned enough, or if Matt chooses to end the conversation, Celebi will take the information Jirachi has obtained and present Matt with a number of challenges- mental or physical- to determine which of the Pokemon that Jirachi suggests would be the best partner for the human. Enjoy!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
kira
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 06:35 PM

Temp

It was a little hard to process what happened next. Matt did his best. Something was bright, impossibly bright. Though, he supposed with everything going topsy turvy, not much was still impossible. The world ate impossible for breakfast and threw it up on the world's inhabitants. Lovely image, but it wasn't necessarily wrong. Then he felt the light fade. His eyes were still shut, though he could still feel the general level of brightness around him, judging from the pressure on his eyes. Bright lights poked at your eyes, even if your eyes were shut. Then it was darkness. Matt idly wondered why he hadn't died yet. Surely there was no life after death...? What was dead was gone and all that. Then the light suddenly returned. It felt like it was getting brighter and brighter. Then suddenly he felt the impulse to shut his eyes ever tighter, wincing from the light that would've surely blinded him had his eyes been open.

Then everything was gone. He didn't feel like he was falling anymore. How curious and... Weird. Very, very weird. He slowly opened his eyes, to see... Darkness. Just, darkness. Pitch black all around with no signs of light. He couldn't see anything, not even his shoes when he looked down. He wasn't even sure he felt a floor beneath his feet. Well, obviously he was somewhere else. How? He wasn't sure. Was it that light? Did the light have teleportation capabilities of some sort? What was it? His mind flew through a list of possible allies from his past, his brain wracking to try and explain what had just happened, and why.

Then he started coughing, falling down his knees and coughing. In the midst of being tossed off a waterfall, he hadn't gone straight to coughing as a response to water forcing its way into his throat from the brutal treatment of the river preceding the waterfall. After an uncomfortable amount of coughing, he rose back up to his feet. His throat felt kind of sore now... Now, where was he? Oh yes, why.

Though, before his train of thought could go too rampant and completely off the rails, he could see a single light. One light that gave some light to the area, so at least he could see his hands when he held them in front of his face. The bright star dimmed and he could see... A creature, likely some kind of pokemon bathed in the light. He blinked, before smiling. "Oh, brilliant." He breathed.

The creature was rather interesting looking, floating with his own power, and looking quite unlike any pokemon that Matt had ever encountered. What's more, judging by the vaguely positive expression, the pokemon was friendly! Lovely. Always good when he wasn't face to face with someone who'd rather punch and hurt, then have a nice chat, maybe with some tea. The pokemon started with his name.

Matt waved with a grin. Then Jirachi posed a question. "I'm Matt. Matt Noble." He said introducing himself. Then he bounced a bit on the heels of his feet. "Well...." He began, stretching out the word, possibly longer than he needed to. "I remember falling." He said, beginning to recall the most recent events, not yet noticing his faintest, haziest childhood memories slipping away into nothingness... Without even the slightest fuzzy image remaining. He rubbed under his nose. "Some guys... Seemed to think I was a threat. Funny, do I look threatening?" He gestured to himself. "Look at me, basically harmless, because well, anyone can be a threat if they try, but I try not to be threatening... Because I'm not and have no intention of being." He said, babbling a little bit. "Anyway, gave me a bit of a chase. Didn't like the idea of being caught, so I thought to escape into the river. Not my best decision, since kind of fell off a waterfall. Then... I assume you saved me." Matt punctuated his statement with a grin.

Then Jirachi asked if he was hurt. Absentmindedly, Matt reached up a hand and massaged around his throat. "Injured? Nah, I'm good. Maybe a little wet and sore in the throat... But I'm alright." A little wet was a little understated. Matt was still soaking wet from his time in the river before being flung off the waterfall. Looking up, Matt noticed some glittering... Air? Space? Void? Something else? Whatever it was, it was glittering like pixie dust. He couldn't help but grin at it. "Look at it!" He said, not really to anyone, lifting up a finger to point at it. Then he noticed his throat felt fine. He looked back down. "Oh!" He reached back up to massage around his throat and... He was fine now. Oh. That was nice. Always good to have a nice and not-sore throat for talking with. "That was you, wasn't it?"

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 01:25 AM

Admin

It's good to meet you, Matt Noble.

Jirachi was pleasantly surprised that this human had the presence of mind to introduce himself; most were so overwhelmed by the sudden and drastic change of surroundings- not to mention that they had likely been so long living a life that lacked social niceties- that they didn't think to offer their name to him. He didn't hold it against them, of course, and it wasn't necessary that he know their names, so he never pressed for them. It was nice, however, to every now and then be able to address somebody by their preferred name.

It was indeed.

As Matt reacted so curiously and eagerly to his healing, Jirachi's mouth didn't smile as one might have expected, but the fae's eyes seemed to glitter with amusement and happiness.

I'm afraid I can't do much about the water.

He seemed to shift slightly in the air, almost as if he was getting more comfortable. He also gave a thoughtful pause, organizing his thoughts, before once again speaking and changing the subject and tone of conversation somewhat.

What did you do in that old world?

(Apologies for the short post. :c)

@kira

--------------------
PMEmail
^
kira
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 04:33 PM

Temp

Usually the only ones who deigned to use Matt's full name when addressing him were typically the angry, antagonistic sort. Even then, not all of them. Sometimes it simply Noble or nothing even vaguely resembling his name. Sometimes he just got called peasant, which was really quite rude! Still, Matt didn't think Jirachi was anything like that. He seemed rather friendly, actually. First time for everything and all that, even strange talking pokemon that were both friendly and said his full name. Best to keep an open mind and not assume based on past experiences, that was just poison for the present.

He grinned. "Brilliant. Nifty." He said with that spark of wonder and excitement in his eyes. He saw no smiles, but he got the feeling that Jirachi was still in a plenty good mood and was so far keeping up the friendliness. Fantastic. Sometimes people found Matt annoying or otherwise irritating. Even the ones who only settled for slapping him in the face. Honestly, it hadn't been his fault he hadn't gotten Lily home soon enough that time, things had gotten stressful! Sometimes troubles happened and it was hardly ever Matt's fault. He didn't summon trouble to him or something ridiculous like that.

"Oh, don't worry about that. It's fine, little bit of water never hurt anyone! 'Sides, now that I'm not almost drowning, it's a bit refreshing!" He insisted.

Regardless, given the extreme stress of the situation from before, Matt was glad to have a nice chat instead of falling off of a waterfall.

"Oh, I travelled. Sometimes with friends, sometimes alone. Though... Not really ever alone, always had my pokemon with me. Just felt a bit lonely sometimes, but it was brilliant enough to just... See the world. See what every corner of the world had to offer, in all its shining brilliance." He suddenly frowned. "Well... I mean, before logic and the former rules of reality seemed to sort of... Stop. Little bit less brilliant when the rain could suddenly be acid for no discernible reason. Don't like it when things don't have reasons. Things should always have reasons. Reasons are good, y'know?"

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 07:17 PM

Admin

I understand.

Jirachi replied- and was that a hint of amusement in his chime-like tone? It was hard to tell.

I must ask one more question, then.
Do you have any unfulfilled wishes?

As usual, Jirachi would wait and listen politely and attentively, expression pleasant but nearly unreadable. As Matt finished whatever reply he saw fit to give to Jirachi, the Pokemon would speak again, this time his voice taking on a tone of finality.

It was enjoyable speaking with you,
but I must go now- and you must prepare
to enter the new world.

As Jirachi spoke, he bowed to the human in a gesture of farewell. If the human was looking at the fae, and was observant in that moment, he would see written upon the three blue tags that dangled from Jirachi's star-shaped headdress, a record of the brief conversation that the two of them had just shared. Each answer he had given was written in compact, scrolling text, as if on some enchanted parchment.

As Jirachi bowed, his dull glow began to increase in brightness. It was gradual, at first, but as he straightened from his bow the lightening was exponential. Before the light became too harsh for Matt's eyes, Jirachi spoke his goodbyes to the human.

I wish you luck.

With those final words, he swiftly flew up into the air, his trailing lights of yellow and blue following him as he took a position high above Matt, finally settling into place as some sort of star or moon, much larger and brighter than the little twinkling stars he had created before in this false sky. He cast a slight bluish light over the black void, though there was nothing yet save Matt himself for Jirachi's light to illuminate; but soon enough his surroundings would change.

I am Celebi.

The new voice that greeted Matt was disembodied; no source revealed itself and it sounded from every direction simultaneously. The voice sounded nearly like a whisper, like a light breeze blowing over a delicate wooden flute; breathy, and yet sober, with full, velvety undertones. The voice was both more feminine and more bold in comparison to Jirachi's. Judging by her next choice of words, she was even more direct than Jirachi, as well.

I desire to test you and thus make a judgement and determine what will await you in your new world.

As the disembodied words reverberated through the inky black void, Matt's environment began to change, to come to life. All around, little green saplings- tinted slightly blue by the light that Jirachi was radiating down upon everything- sprouted up out of the nothingness and matured right before Matt's eyes into healthy, tall, magnificent trees. Celebi herself remained out of sight, and her voice echoing from all directions.

Do you agree to be challenged?

@kira

--------------------
PMEmail
^
kira
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 08:23 PM

Temp

Matt grinned again. He was glad to have been understood, as sometimes he confused people who didn't get what he was saying... And instead they stared at him as they repeated rather obvious things, trying to get a sense of what he'd said.

Then there was the final question. "Alright." Then the question came. Unfulfilled wishes? Ha.... That was basically just asking for his regrets, wasn't it? Oh boy, did he have regrets. He had so many, he had a hard time counting all of them. Over the years, he'd made so many mistakes... He'd wronged so many people... He'd managed to ruin the lives of a few of his friends, actually. Ha... Not to mention the lives lost that were definitely his fault. He could spent hours detailing in full every time he'd failed, talking about what might've been if he'd been less of a coward, made better choices.... But he wouldn't. Instead he just smiled. "Oh, well, everyone's got unfulfilled wishes, things they wished they'd done. Some people wish they'd gotten banana flavor ice cream instead of chocolate, that they hadn't gotten that haircut. Mine aren't that different, nothing special and not really worth talking about." He lied through his teeth, though he'd lied so many times, that it might not seem like he was lying at all. After so much practice, he was an exceptionally good liar. Was that a good thing or a bad thing? Bad. Probably bad. People hated his lies, and yet he never stopped. Never stopped running from the truth.

Then Matt waved one final time. "It was nice to chat with you too, Jirachi!" He smiled his goodbyes. "New world?" He echoed. Though, before he could voice a question, he was staring with great interest at the sudden script decorating Jirachi's blue ribbon-like features. He could see the script and recognized some... It was a recording of their conversation. Brilliant. Kind of like writing on your arm like some people did, but a bit different. Just, brilliant.

Then Jirachi began glowing, and Matt was forced to shield his eyes from the brightness. Still, he heard that last goodbye. Then when he could see again, he could see the light that was Jirachi high in the... Sky? Or was that simply upper void? He'd never been here before and he'd never seen a place or read about a place like this, so this was a bit new. No names for anything really. Bit ridiculous to not have a name for what was above you.

Then a new voice spoke, with no apparent pokemon or human to accompany the voice. "Not going to talk to me, face to face, then?" He asked, though his tone remained friendly overall.

Then as Celebi's next words came, Matt was staring in awe as a forest suddenly rose from the depths of the void, materializing around him. Suddenly, he was in this real/artificial/magical/natural forest. He couldn't decide what it was, as this was still unfamiliar territory that he had more than a few questions about, however he wasn't sure now was the time to ask them, as something else grabbed his curiosity.

"Test? Challenge?" Matt couldn't help but be curious. So, he grinned. "Sure, why not. Sounds brilliant." He bounced on his feet a little, not feeling any shame at the slightly childish behavior.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 02:47 AM

Admin

Good.

As the forest continued to come to life before him, Matt would be able to notice that the forest forming around him was not forming uniformly. Just ahead of him, with a large circumference, a large space remained empty, as if it were a meadow in the forest. Then, right in the center, a particularly small and spindly tree formed; from one of the branches of this tree formed what seemed to be a seed, a perfectly round seed. It grew larger and larger, almost comically so, until it reached about eight inches in diameter.

Once the "seed" reached it's final size, it dropped to the ground. Then it simply laid there, the most unusual thing in the entire otherworldly forest. Assuming Matt approached it, he would be able to see something inscribed on it, two simple words that formed the instructions for his first challenge: "Catch me!"

As soon as the words were read, two sleek wooden wings suddenly unfolded from the round wooden seed, and the odd object took off from the ground, flying about at a low altitude, but at a high speed and in nearly unpredictable directions.

If Matt were a quick fellow, and particularly determined, he could chase after the winged round object that teased him, and could catch it. Or, if he was too slow to catch it- or if, perhaps, he opted to be patient or studious instead of immediately jumping into the fray- he would see that whatever energy powered the unusual thing would eventually begin to wear off. It would take a while, perhaps too long if he were the impatient sort, but the thing would slow down and thus become much easier to catch.

Either way, once Matt had captured the object as instructed, its wings would retract and the inscription would fade and it would become just a simple, perfectly smooth, wooden ball.

Once the first challenge was completed, however, the spindly tree in the center of the clearing would begin growing not one, but two more "seeds." These were of a slightly different shape than the first, though- rather than being perfectly round, they were more elongated, and they tapered off to a slight point at the top. In fact, depending on his previous experience and how intact his memories still were, he may or may not have recognized the shapes as the shape of Pokemon eggs. They each grew to be about a foot in height, and then just like the previous growth had, they dropped from the sapling, landing simultaneously and silently on the invisible ground of the void.

Just as the first "seed" object did, both of the new objects had inscriptions on them, though it was the same inscription for both: "Which can you get to trust you?"

As soon as either egg's inscriptions were read, they would shake in unison and in quick succession once, then twice, then a jagged crack would appear diagonally through both eggs. Then from each egg would emerge a creature; their shape was vague and hard to ascertain, as was their color, though globoid and silvery were perhaps the best words to describe them. One was a few inches smaller both in height and general stature than the other; but besides that, they were much the same.

Except in their personalities. The smaller one's behavior was more infantile and highly emotional and was likely to cling to Matt in one moment and tearfully reject him in the next; the slightly larger one, on the other hand, was more emotionally and intellectually laid-back to the point of laziness, but physically it was more erratic and energetic, as well as scatterbrained and unable to focus on any one thing for too long, though it was often hard to tell if this was due to laziness or due to its airheaded nature.

Perhaps the most curious thing was that Matt could not interact with them at the same time. The moment Matt turned from one to the other, the first would "reset," and Matt would lose all progress he had made toward getting the one to trust him.

(In this challenge, you will control the creatures and can write out how they interact with Matt and how he tames one of them. Let me know if you have any questions.)

As soon as he had the trust of one of the strange void-creatures, they would both dash away into the forest, disappearing into the deep black void beyond, never to be seen again. As this happened, two final "seeds" would begin to grow from the tree. These two were more of a rounded cube shape, and they appeared to have a horizontal crease through the center of them. They grew to about a foot wide and tall, then fell as the others had.

Their inscription asked: "Which affliction can you cure?" Unlike the previous ones, however, these did not open or begin moving after Matt had read the challenge. Beneath the main inscription was a subtitle, and this was different on each of them; one of them read "Poison" and the other read "Paralysis". He would have to touch one of the seed-like objects to activate them, this time.

If he touched the one marked Poison, it would open up like a chest, and dark brown mist would float out of it, toward Matt. Once it reached him, he would begin to feel the effects of some sort of illness: his muscles would feel weak and somewhat achy, and he would experience a slight bit of nausea though he would only vomit if he were particularly sensitive to the sensation of nausea. As the seconds passed, his body would begin to feel weaker and weaker, and the pain in his muscles and skin would slowly but steadily become more intense.

If he touche the one marked Paralysis, it would open up like a chest, and light red mist would float out of it. Once it reached him, he would feel his skin and then his muscles begin to tingle- but in no time at all, the tingling began to turn into numbness. First his skin would become numb, wherever the mist had touched him first and then spreading out to cover his entire body below the neck. Then his muscles would grow sluggish and then eventually unresponsive, following the same pattern as the skin numbness had.

In both, the advancement of the illness was slow, but steady. However, if Matt possessed knowledge or intuition on how to cure whichever his affliction was, particularly natural solutions, he would find that the things he needed were near him. If Matt knew that a certain herb, plant, or berry cured or at least slowed the advancement of the poison or the paralysis, then he would see that herb, plant, or berry bush growing in the near distance, just beyond the treeline. If Matt knew of a certain medicine that could heal or slow his affliction, that would appear, and so on, however it seemed that the powers-that-be preferred the simplest, most natural, least technologically advanced solution; so if Matt knew of both a manmade medicine and a plant that cured his affliction, it would be the plant that appeared, not the premade medicine.

Once Matt had discovered his cure and had healed himself, the stunted sapling in the center of the clearing would proceed to grow into a large, full, magnificent tree. Once full-grown, from its highest branches would fall a small wooden token; it was a simple rectangle, with one side painted a beautiful, pure blue color, while the other side remained it's original deep brown wood hue.

Bring the token to the shrine.

After Celebi, previously silent, spoke up again, the forest as a whole seemed to shift ever so slightly. Ahead of him, the trees had parted just a bit, revealing a short, slightly curved path towards what appeared to be a very small, very simple wooden building. It was nothing more than a roof set upon four pillars, housing only a severed tree trunk. On the tree stump's flat surface was an indent, shaped exactly like the token that Matt had been provided.

(It is so, so late. If anything here doesn't make sense, forgive me, and just shoot me a PM asking for clarification.)

@kira

--------------------
PMEmail
^
kira
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 02:24 PM

Temp

"Alright, then..." Matt said quietly, mostly to himself. The materializing forest apparently wasn't done as it continued to take shape, though he could see that ahead it was creating a large clearing. He assumed this would be the site of challenges. He found it likely that these challenges wouldn't be trivia, but perhaps more interactive, since the forest was a tad... Unnecessary for spoken answers, wasn't it? He began moving towards the center of the clearing, and he could see a much, smaller tree rising and there seemed to be a seed.... That was growing... By a lot. "Oh, jeez..." He murmured to himself, running a hand through his hair. It seemed awfully big... He was fairly certain seeds weren't normally that size... Nor that round. Once it stopped growing, it immediately fell to the ground.

Matt walked up and approached the seed, crouching down to take a look at it. "Huh." He murmured, reading the simple two words. Er, was he supposed to have caught the seed once it'd dropped? In that case he'd already failed. No sooner that he had formed that thought, the seed suddenly sprouted wings, and flew off. Matt's jaw dropped open as he stared at the flying seed. He... He guessed he was supposed to catch it...?! It was moving awfully fast, though certainly within arm's reach.

"This is just the slightest bit ridiculous..." He murmured to himself again. "Alright!" He suddenly shouted to himself and jumped to his feet. He looked and saw the flying seed's movements seemed... Rather arbitrary, with little reasoning to which direction it went in. Which meant he'd more or less have to chase it. Lovely. He immediately took after it, trying to get closer to it, even as it flitted around swiftly.

He found himself always straying behind the thing, as it moved quickly. He jumped and leapt at it, trying to force his legs to run ever faster. But it was always out of reach, and his fingers only grasped at air. He'd even managed to jump too much and fall down, being forced to get back up and have to chase it to whatever area of the clearing it had escaped to. His failure didn't dampen his spirits... Though, the seed hitting him the face and bouncing off into a new direction did. Well, almost. It hurt and elicited a cry of pain and indignation.

.... Fortunately, it only decided to arbitrarily fly into his face only the once.

After er... Several minutes of running around, feeling a bit silly and leaping at the ridiculous seed with wings, it seemed to be slowing down. Slightly miffed at the apparent sign that he wasn't doing as well as he liked, nevertheless the slower speed allowed him to finally grasp it with both hands... He had to use both hands since it was rather... Large, and impossible to hold in a single hand. As soon as the seed was grasped between his two palms, the wings disappeared and the words faded away. It was simply a wooden ball, essentially now.

He moved it, to hold it under his arm and he glanced at the center. Where he could see two more seeds were growing. He ran his hand through his hair again. "Oh jeez... Do I have to do that again? Twice?" He asked himself out loud. Though... It seemed a little different, as the seeds were... Decidedly more egg-shaped. Though, they were still rather large.

Approaching them and crouching down again, he could see that both egg-shaped seeds had the same text. A question instead of a command. Which. Hm. That meant he would be given choices. Where were the choices to this apparent multiple choice question? Then the seeds began er.... Hatching? Was that the right word, since they were only egg-shaped? Then again, the last seed had flown away...

Anyway, from the seeds came two different blob-like and silvery creatures... Huh. Perhaps he was meant to... Get one to trust him? And he had to pick one.... Which.... One....? Did he really have to play by those rules? First he addressed the smaller one and waved hello with a grin. Then he offered a hand. The creature hesitated for about half a second, before jumping to cling onto Matt's hand a little.... A little too tightly. Matt's smile gained an awkward edge. This one seemed a bit... Clingy.... And a little erratic, as the creature suddenly seemed to shove Matt's hand away again, before turning around and shaking, as if the creature was sobbing. Matt shifted his position so he was kneeling, instead of crouching down. "I'm Matt." He said with a smile, speaking up. "Bit shy? Nervous? That's fine, I'm not certain of anything. Well, I suppose I'm certain that I'm not certain." Honestly, Matt wasn't sure these creatures understood English... Though, surely they'd recognize friendly tone? Seemed to make sense to him, anyway.

Slowly, the creature turned back around and seemed to bracing itself... Maybe to stop itself from clinging onto Matt's hand again? It was still shaking. "I don't bite." Matt promised. He offered a hand again. The creature seemed to be violently shaking again... Maybe a no of some sort? Er.... This was all a bit odd, and Matt was mostly guessing here. He gently moved his head to hover his palm again the creature's... Head probably? "I'm nice, promise." Matt reassured, even as he could've sworn he heard something hiss out 'Liar.' Still, he smiled warmly. The creature finally leaned up into Matt's touch, before tightly clinging onto his hand again. It still seemed to be sobbing quite a bit... Or what was probably sobbing.

Matt did his best to soothe the creature, with er... More calming voices and less endless babbling. For some reason, when he talked a lot, he seemed to only invite stress. Hmph, wasn't his fault most people didn't want to have a nice lengthy chat. Though, er... He recalled a friend of his who claimed he dominated a room, and it intimidated people. Now, what was that friend's name again? The inability to recall disturbed Matt, but he pushed the thought aside. He was fine... At least right now, he was. Eventually, he was able to calm the creature and it seemed... More stable and more reassured with Matt's... Presence? Friendship? Whatever it was.... It seemed like he was done.

.... Well, he was planning to go with option C, except both the creatures immediately left into the forest going to.... Honestly, Matt wasn't sure. "I suppose it was a bit of a... Binary question..." He muttered to himself, running a hand through his hair again. He glanced at the tree in the center again and two more seeds grew. They seemed to be like cubes with rounded edges and vertices, oddly enough... Along with a crease towards the center that went horizontal. He adjusted so he was crouching again instead of kneeling, waiting for the seeds to inevitably fall.

He clapped his hands. "Alright. What's the question of the hour this time?" He asked, though he wasn't exactly sure how much time had passed for each round.

As he read the challenge... It was another question. Which affliction can you cure? One seed read poison, and the other read paralysis. Nothing happened with the seeds... So perhaps he would have to touch one like a button? Er... As far as he knew paralysis... The permanent kind and not the kind inflicted by pokemon... That wasn't... Curable. Though, poisons from pokemon and chemicals alike tended to be curable... For the most part, unless you died first. So, he tapped the inscription that read 'poison' with an index finger.

.... Though, honestly he should've expected what happened next. The seed suddenly opened and a disgustingly colored mist floated out and enveloped Matt. "Argh!" He couldn't help but cry out and he found himself almost falling forward, and having to catch himself with his arms. Though, even that felt like quite the trial, and his head felt like he was... Swimming? Floating around violently? Oh boy, this wasn't a pleasant feeling, everything was rather troublesome. Was he dying? Felt a bit like it, anyway he didn't really want to keep feeling like this. Okay. Was there anything to help? There had to be, always a solution, nope not dying here not today. That's what you say, not today.

Forcing his eyes to focus best he could he glanced over. Er... Some berries had natural healing properties. Yes. That was the wonderful thing about plants, ha! It wasn't like this was a new thing, right? Ha.... He just needed to see if what he needed was by the trees. He tried to stand up, but found the action particularly inadvisable, his legs feeling too weak to carry him. So, he did his best to crawl towards the trees. His eyesight was pretty spotty at this point, but he was pretty sure that just behind where the trees started and the clearing ended... Was a bush of berries of what he was pretty sure he needed. He really hoped it was what he needed and he wasn't dying and growing delusional on false hopes.

By the time he reached the bush, he was getting really tired and achey, ow this hurt. His skin felt hot and burn-y, almost stinging. He reached best he could for a berry, and managed to have the strength to pluck it from the bush and shove it in his mouth. Forcing his aching jaws to chew and swallow..... He could feel the lack of advancement of the poison. Eventually, the effects left him.

"This was.... A little bit.... Deadly...." Matt groaned, as he coughed. "This was absolutely terrible."

As soon as he felt recovered(ish), he did his best to stand up. His legs still shook a little, but he was okay... Mostly. He looked to the center and.... Oh. There was a very tall, healthy, beautiful tree. "Oh, brilliant..." Matt breathed. Then he noticed something falling. Matt approached and bent down to pick up the fallen object, a small wooden rectangle that was blue on one side.

Then Celebi spoke again. "Alright. Token, shrine, yes. Bring the token... To the shrine.... Yes." Matt muttered to himself as he carried the wooden token to the... Apparent shrine. Looking ahead, there was a new curved path. Following down it, there was a small.... Did that even count as a building? It was just a roof held up on sticks, giving cover to a severed tree trunk. Walking up to it, there was an indent that was... The exact shape for his token. Ha.

Matt made a noise. "Hm." Then he turned the token over in his hand, before placing the token in the indentation, blue side up. Then he waited.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 07:48 PM

Admin

Good.

The single syllable word was the last that Matt would hear from Celebi; as the human inserted the token gifted him by the tree, the forest shivered and shifted once again, and a light dirt path appeared where the trees parted. It was clear he was meant to follow the path, as it began right beneath his feet and led deeper into the forest.

But whether he chose to advance along the path or not, he wouldn't be staying in the void much longer. The star- who Matt knew to be Jirachi- began moving, streaking out of the sky and producing a blinding flash similar to the one that had brought him here. Matt would experience a feeling of nausea, of intense dizziness, as if he had just been thrown off of a cliff; when the blinding light and the falling sensation was gone mere seconds later, he would find himself in a new world, the last of his memories fading fast from her mind, save perhaps a few little details, a few grains of sand that he managed to grasp as the rest trickled out between his mental grasp.

But in this world, he was not alone. There was one who was anticipating his arrival, one who would feel so familiar to him, and it would feel that he was familiar, too. Partners bound together to tackle whatever struggles laid ahead in this new place.

@kira

Jirachi determined that Matt was a friendly man, with good and peaceful intentions. He sensed that perhaps there was more than that to the human, but the human didn't wish to share. So Jirachi thought to pair Matt with a Pokemon that was neither threatening in appearance nor aggressive in nature. Taking these and a couple of other factors into consideration, Jirachi generated a short list and presented his findings to Celebi. Celebi then presented Matt with a set of challenges to determine which Pokemon of the ones Jirachi had suggested Matt would be best prepared to handle; Matt's choices and strategies in tackling these challenges made it clear to her that one Pokemon stood above the rest.

This species of Pokemon are generally relaxed and easy to get along with. Its first stage is a bit babyish, and as its limited emotional powers begin to manifest, Matt's partner may experience some new, unfamiliar, and not easily controlled emotions; but for the most part, and particularly once it gets used to its powers in its later evolutions, it will likely prove to be a constant and reliable companion, who perhaps might find it easier to deal with whatever hidden emotions Matt might have.

It also might help keep Matt from drowning in the future, Jirachi noted to Celebi with humor.

Matt has obtained a Azurill!

Choose a gender

Choose an ability

Choose an egg move

Choose a name
{the name can be put off until later if you so desire}

[ This topic has ended, but you may resume the adventure in whichever settlement you desire: Ashfield, Crater, Oasis, or Forest Beach. From now on, the Azurill is yours and is under your creative control. The die roll for the chance to have a Pokedex resulted in 78, so Matt does not start with a Pokedex. Send me a PM when you've made the necessary decisions regarding your new Pokemon. Good luck and have fun! ]

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Save Your Goodbyes FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Kaleidoscope a rf/hm based RP PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
skin by bonbon.