Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new universe, this new world, and give it purpose. (Our site is best viewed in Firefox or Chrome.)

Events

It's the most wonderful
time of the year- meaning, the time of Delibird gifts and of winter festivals! And as always, our plot events are still going strong.

Season

winter will be here until
March. Aside from the western Great Forest, which is too warm, and the Desert Strip, which is too dry, snow begins to fall across the region. The chill of the season has just about every area firmly in its grasp. Ice and Dark types become more common as the temperature drops and the daylight fades.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Add Reply
New Poll

One Last Hope
Ravenwing
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 06:52 PM

Player

Christi felt her life slowly fading away, but that was when she saw it, that was when she saw her last hope, a shining star in the sky.

24 HOURS EARLIER.

Christi sighed softly, getting up and out of bed. She opened her curtains and looked outside wistfully. All her friends had left for their pokemon journey, now she had to try to make new friends, but what was the point if she was never going to journey with them? Her parents allow her any interaction with pokemon and she hated it. She just wish that could change. Christi did what she did every morning, brushing her teeth, wash her hair, eat breakfast and then go to a normal everyday school. The day seemed normal, everything went as it usually did, until the school day ended. That when things changed for the worst. Christi was walking home from school when she heard an explosion coming from the volcano. That was when everyone noticed it, the volcano had erupted and was now spewing lava out fast. Christi watched as everyone panicked but at that moment, she was confident the Pokemon Rangers would help.

Those who were trainers had their pokemon try to block or redirect the lava flow, and it wasn't long until the rangers came either. With all the trainers working together, they were quickly dealing with the lava. That was when disaster number two hit. A earthquake hit Kanto, bigger than any earthquake ever recorded. Christi fell over, unable to stand properly. She was helpless, watching as buildings collapse and the lava tore through Kanto with the aid of the earthquake with ease. Christi got herself up and steadied herself as fast as she could and began to run for safety as fast as she could. It was too dangerous to be standing around but she was lost, having no idea where to hide. Then the next thing she knew, waves upon waves of water was hitting Kanto, the dam had been destroyed! Disaster was everywhere, lava one side and the water on the other with earthquake effecting both sides, including the middle. There was no safe spots. Christi panicked, not good at making decisions. She had no time to think and ran straight towards the right side of the city hoping to avoid the lava.

She ran as fast as her legs would take her. She had seen no signs of her parents since the disasters began. She weaved her way through what shallow water she could find and she tried her hardest to escape but there was just no way. She heard a scream behind her and she turned around to see a huge wave heading for her and a few others behind her. Before she knew it she was submersed. Christi tried desperately to reach for air but each wave of water pushed her down, keeping her underwater. She could feel her lungs slowly running out of air, her vision becoming blurry. Christi felt her life slowly fading away, but that was when she saw it, that was when she saw her last hope, a shining star in the sky.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 12:26 PM

Admin

A blindingly bright white flash filled the sky above, bright enough to illuminate the world around Christi, bright enough for her to see even underwater. Time almost seemed to slow- or perhaps the next few events happened so fast that her mind could only understand them in slow-motion.

Following the bright flash, the world around Christi began to dim- first gradually and slowly, and then exponentially. After only a couple of seconds, everything had lost all its light. In the moment absolute darkness was reached, there was another burst of white light; then, plummeting abruptly from the sky and passing through all objects in its path as if it were incorporeal, fell what seemed to be a comet swathed in and trailing a yellow and blue light. It made no sound, and indeed, it seemed as though there was no substance to it. Although it appeared as if it was going to crash directly into Christi, colliding with her head-on, there were no sounds of impact, no force of impact. Christi would feel nothing, but she would be blinded by the fierce light of the shooting star that had nearly plummeted into her, in the moments just before she would have lost consciousness.

And then the very world around Christi seemed to change instantaneously. All sound vanished. The water vanished. The ground beneath vanished, though no sensation of falling accompanied it; if anything, it would feel similar to floating on calm water. Weightlessness. And she could breathe. And everything was black.

As Christi's vision returned, her eyes would confirm what her other senses may have already told her: she was no longer where she had been mere moments ago. She was... nowhere. She was in blackness. Darkness beneath, above, and on all sides. It was deep and absolute. But right before her, like a single star in a deep space, floated a fairy-like creature, whose brightness was dimming to a much more reasonable, dulled glow than the light he had been exuding previously. As the fae's light faded, his form became discernible; he was somewhat humanoid, but small.

The main part of the creature's body was white; his arms were long and clothed in white sleeves that seemed as much a part of him as anything else. His legs were comparatively short, though he did not seem to use them for much, as he was floating rather than standing. His stomach had an odd crease in it, shaped like an upturned semi-circle. His eyes were large and black, with little green triangles beneath them. There were no eyebrows nor any facial creases to determine his expression with, but the openness of his eyes and the slightly upturned thin lips seemed to indicate contentment and interest.

Atop his head were three pointed, pale yellow extremities- reminiscent of a star- each with a dangling rectangular blue tag that seemed to shiver slightly in a nonexistent wind. The pale yellow growth also came down to frame the sides of the fae's milky white face. Two long, ribbon-like appendages of that same pale yellow color extended from the base of its neck. They levitated delicately behind the creature.

My name is Jirachi.

The voice that this Jirachi spoke with was clear as a bell and was just as cheerful and musical, though it seemed as though it spoke with a slight echo, or as if there were multiple melodic voices speaking nearly at the same time with a slight delay, which would force Christi to pay close attention to the words if she wanted to be able to understand exactly what being said by the lone companion she had in this strange, empty place.

What do you remember?

It was a question Jirachi needed to ask first. People's memories faded from them at varying rates in this in-between place; some lost all memory immediately upon entry into the void, others lost them gradually during the course of their conversation, and some seemed to retain most of their memories and sense of self all the way until their final moments in the void. It was important to ascertain their level of remembrance at the beginning, as it would affect the style of conversation and the types of questions he could ask.

Are you injured?

If Christi revealed any injuries, Jirachi would incline his head and the air- or space, or void, or whatever- above Christi would glitter somewhat, and any injuries would cease hurting, and would be mostly healed by the time Christi left this in-between worlds to enter the next. But that was the future. This was now, and there were questions to be answered.

@Ravenwing

Welcome to the void between universes. Christi will begin her journey through this vacuity by conversing with Jirachi, who will learn as much as he can about the human. When Jirachi feels he has learned enough, or if Christi chooses to end the conversation, Celebi will take the information Jirachi has obtained and present Christi with a number of challenges- mental or physical- to determine which of the Pokemon that Jirachi suggests would be the best partner for the human. Enjoy!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Ravenwing
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 12:55 PM

Player

The next few moments went so fast. Everything seemed to be fading, and for one moment Christi closed her eyes as a bright light approached her. Then, when she opened her eyes again, she was nowhere. She placed her hand on her chest breathing heavily for a moment, before she realised she wasn't out of breath. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness, looking around slowly. Where was she? As she looked around, she noticed a creature in front of her. She stared at it, clear confusion in her expressions. When it asked her a question, she rubbed her eyes a little before looking at the creature again. "I......I died. I was underwater and I couldn't get out. I remember struggling for breath, the feeling of my life slipping away and not being able to do anything to stop it. There was a bright light and now I am here. Where am I?" She looked around once more and then pressed her hand against her chest once again. She could feel her heart beat, she was alive, but how? She closed her eyes, listening to herself breath short shallow breaths before focusing on the thing in front of her again, full of confusion.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 10:58 AM

Admin

You are not dead,

Jirachi denied the child's claim, his tone of voice gentle, easy, quiet, melodic. Though she had not directly answered his question about whether she was injured or not, Jirachi decided to cast his healing wish just in case. After all, she claimed she had been on the verge of death; best to fix anything that might have gotten damaged. Christi wouldn't notice much besides the space above her head sparkling for a brief moment.

Then Jirachi spoke to answer the question that the child had asked him.

You are between worlds right now, in a void.
Your old world is dying; but there is a new one.

Jirachi gave the girl a moment to try and comprehend that idea. He knew it was difficult for many to accept Legendary intervention, when the Legendaries had been gone so long from the world that many had forgotten entirely about them. Those who did know of the Legendaries thought they were all just stories, myths. Of course, children were generally more accepting of these ideas that adults were, so perhaps this girl would not find it too difficult.

He seemed to shift slightly in the air, almost as if he was getting more comfortable. He also gave a thoughtful pause, organizing his thoughts, before once again speaking and asking more questions.

Do you remember what your life was like
before you almost died?
I would like to hear about it, if you do.
How did you spend your time,
what were your friends like?

Jirachi would listen politely and intently to anything that Christi had to say, nodding his head along ever so slightly. He had a limited time to learn as much as he could about her, so that the information and suggestions he relayed to Celebi could be as accurate and helpful as possible.

@Ravenwing

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Ravenwing
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 10:55 AM

Player

Christi listened to the creature in front of her, and the words he spoke was strange. What did she mean she was 'in between worlds'? Was that his doing? Had he brought her here, saved her? She listened as he asked her a few more questions and her eyes slowly looked up, trying to think. She hadn't noticed the light but she had felt it, the feeling was a strange one. "What do you mean, 'in between universes' did you bring me here? You said my world is dying, did you save me?" She asked her own questions before she answered his. She thought for a little longer, trying to remember everything she could. "I remember.....well....I remember my parents. They hated pokemon and they didn't want me to be a pokemon trainer or have anything to do with pokemon and for that, I hated my parents. I loved pokemon and I couldn't understand why my parents hated them. I can't remember much about my friends though. Did I even have friends? I don't know. I think I went to school and then went back home but I can't remember what I really did either." She tried but her memory seemed faded. There were gaps, was this the creature's doing? What was happening with her memory? "It's hard to remember, it's like there are gaps in my memory. I know I should remember but I can't. Why? Are you doing something with my memories?" It was unlikely, but she felt that something was up she just didn't know what it was.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 06:08 PM

Admin

I did bring you here.

Jirachi replied to confirming the girl's thoughts. He was disappointed to learn that she really remembered very little, but that was how it often was. He could handle it. Again, she posed a question to him.

It is not me taking your memories;
It is something about this place.

His tone was apologetic; Jirachi felt bad, of course, that people had to lose their memories when he took them from the old and dying world into the new one. Then again, many people were probably better off, happier without the memories of such a horrible, chaotic, suffering world, so perhaps it was for the better. Still, he could at least sympathize with the panic and sorrow that he imagined many felt when they discovered they had lost or were in the process of losing their memories.

I'll ask only one more question, then.
Do you have any unfulfilled wishes?

As Jirachi spoke, he bowed to the human in a gesture of farewell. If the human was looking at the fae, and was observant in that moment, he would see written upon the three blue tags that dangled from Jirachi's star-shaped headdress, a record of the brief conversation that the two of them had just shared. Each answer he had given was written in compact, scrolling text, as if on some enchanted parchment.

As Jirachi bowed, his dull glow began to increase in brightness. It was gradual, at first, but as he straightened from his bow the lightening was exponential. Before the light became too harsh for Christi's eyes, Jirachi spoke his goodbyes to the human.

I wish you luck.

With those final words, Jirachi swiftly flew up into the air, his trailing lights of yellow and blue following him as he took a position high above Christi, finally settling into place as some sort of star or moon, much larger and brighter than the little twinkling stars he had created before in this false sky. He cast a slight bluish light over the black void, though there was nothing yet save Christi herself for Jirachi's light to illuminate; but soon enough her surroundings would change.

I am Celebi.

The new voice that greeted Christi was disembodied; no source revealed itself and it sounded from every direction simultaneously. The voice sounded nearly like a whisper, like a light breeze blowing over a delicate wooden flute; breathy, and yet sober, with full, velvety undertones. The voice was both more feminine and more bold in comparison to Jirachi's. Judging by her next choice of words, she was even more direct than Jirachi, as well.

I desire to test you and thus make a judgement and determine what will await you in your new world.

As the disembodied words reverberated through the inky black void, Christi's environment began to change, to come to life. All around, little green saplings- tinted slightly blue by the light that Jirachi was radiating down upon everything- sprouted up out of the nothingness and matured right before the human's eyes into healthy, tall, magnificent trees. Celebi herself remained out of sight, and her voice echoing from all directions.

Do you agree to be challenged?

@Ravenwing

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Ravenwing
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 11:20 PM

Player

Christi gave a small nod when she listened to Jirachi. Upon his question she opened her mouth to speak then noticed he began brighter and brighter until she had to cover her eyes. She looked up in the sky and saw a bright star. She gave a smile at it, looking at it as it lit up the area before speaking. "I wish I didn't have to forget. I wish I could remember the one who saved me. Thank you, Jirachi." It was then that everything began to change around her. She watched as little green saplings sprouted up slowly. There was a new voice now who called themselves Celebi. She watched as the saplings grew into huge trees then she heard Celebi speak once more. "A test? What kind of test?" She looked around but there was still nobody around. She then spoke again to answer the question that Celebi asked. "I do, I agree to be challenged." Whatever this test was, she wanted to have the best life possible in this new world. She wanted to be happy in this world and if this test was to ensure that then she would happily allow herself to be tested.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Save Your Goodbyes FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Kaleidoscope a rf/hm based RP PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
skin by bonbon.