Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new universe, this new world, and give it purpose. (Our site is best viewed in Firefox or Chrome.)

Events

It's the most wonderful
time of the year- meaning, the time of Delibird gifts and of winter festivals! And as always, our plot events are still going strong.

Season

winter will be here until
March. Aside from the western Great Forest, which is too warm, and the Desert Strip, which is too dry, snow begins to fall across the region. The chill of the season has just about every area firmly in its grasp. Ice and Dark types become more common as the temperature drops and the daylight fades.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Add Reply
New Poll

No Cold Feet, [Social][Shae]
Jani
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 06:20 PM

Admin

No Cold
Feet
[egg:10]

Cynth had wanted to have a nice, cozy little winter picnic on the snowy beach, all four of them- five, including the baby within the egg- but things were... not going according to plan.

The young woman had gone and collected quite a lot of the food samples in a basket (earning more than one strange glance as she stashed each sample away rather than eating it), and found a somewhat less-snowy section of beach to lay out a small blanket. She'd set the basket of food just beside her. She'd nestled the bag containing her egg in her lap so that it could benefit from her body heat, and be more protected from the biting chill of the winter weather. She'd spent a couple moments, just her and the egg, enjoying the view of the bay with the backdrop of the low hills known as the rolling mountains.

The first problem was, Trick was nowhere to be found. Cynth had discovered that he was more grouchy than usual during winter; she supposed that the cold weather didn't agree with his hot head, not that she'd ever say that allowed, of course. Regardless, though she had seen glimpses of him that day, she had had no success thus far convincing him to spend time with her.

The second problem didn't manifest until she released Indie and Imp from their pokeballs. Indie, as was typical, merely shook herself and sat down. She was always the serious one, if a bit cross at times, particularly with her pack-mate, Imp. Cynth didn't always approve of Indie's treatment of Imp, but she could understand the sober pup's frustrations.

Imp, for his part, did nothing to improve anyone's opinion of him upon his release. He yipped a friendly greeting, and was about to jump into Cynth's lap, when he noticed the egg. He tilted his head, considering if he could wedge himself in there anyways, when he realized where they were. The beach! The waves! He took off like a rocket to the water's edge, bowling over the basket of acquired food and propelling snow and sand backward over the blanket in his unstoppable haste. He barked like a madman at the water, and proceeded to chase and bite and the waves as they rolled in and pulled back out.

Cynth sighed. It seemed as though Imp was not becoming more tame over time, as Indie and Trick were. Although Imp seemed to like her just fine, she found it hard to connect, truly connect, with Impetus. Cynth leaned over the egg in her lap, keeping her half-arm around it, to begin picking up the food samples from off the blanket and off the snow, replacing them into the basket once again.

Indie, as Cynth had half-expected her to, began snapping at Imp, attempting to give him what-for; the hyperactive pup successfully ignored her, as he usually did. Cynth sighed again.

So much for a happy family picnic!

Tag @Kaien
Count -
user posted image #fcecb6 user posted image #402d26 user posted image #772229

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kaien
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 11:21 PM

Admin

No Cold Feet
The brisk air brushed against her face as her lips were pulled up in a bright smile, watching the little glaceon hopping happily in the snow along the beach. Though this was the first the ice-type had a chance to interact with the fluffy white moisture, she seemed so in her element her, much more than back home at Ashfield. They didn't get snow in the rain forest, so this was new to her as well - and she certainly liked it! Looking out on the mostly undisturbed blanket of snow was a sight to hold, the soft sound of the waves pushing against the shore nearby decorating the air.

She wondered idly if the Shellos would like to come out, the two of them technically water types themselves. Though, the one didn't seem to like doing much on his own at all, much less actually playing or swimming in the water. Plus, this was not simple lake. The water stretched on endlessly into the horizon, and who knew what creatures lurked out there? Shae wasn't sure she wanted to risk it, though at least the snow might be good for them, since it certainly made everything it touched wet. It would be good for them to absorb some of the moisture, even if it was cold. The thought made her double check that the egg in her bag was safely and warmly bundled up, to protect from this weather.

The chill pricked at her exposed skin, the woman pulling her yellow jacket tighter around her body. She definitely liked the heat more than the chill, that was for sure. Still, experiencing something new was always wonderful. Now that she felt more well-off and with a capable family to protect each other, she was hoping to get out and see the world soon, outside these wonderful events. Though she cherished these short trips to Crater City every so often, the time was just too short and there was so much to see. The tall hills nearby practically begged to be explored!

The small ice-type continued to hop happily through the snow, pouncing in with every jump and getting snow all over his fur. It was adorable to watch, but her attention was quickly pulled by some barking up ahead. Jaq seemed interested in finding the source of the barking, picking up the pace of his hopping, and in turn causing Shae to speed up as well. Though her worries washed away as she looked and noticed a woman, who was working to pick up food off a blanket that was laid out. It looked like she was having a picnic, but something seemed... off.

As she got closer, and got a better look at the woman, she realized she knew her. From the tournament! The tall fire pony she'd used wasn't around, but then Mar was out either, so it didn't seem off. She never forgot a face though. "Hello! Mind if I help?" She strolled up closer, her long legs closing the distance between them pretty quickly, as Jaq hopped over to the two rockruff, one who was playing and the other who seemed rather upset. He sat in one of the holes he made, setting his light head on the snow and simply watching the two pups for now.

Assuming Cynth was amicable to her help, she'd kneel and start working to pick up the food and carefully arrange it in the basket, carefully adjusting her bag to make sure it didn't hit her knees. "I've got quite the family, so I've been through knocked over baskets a number of times." She chuckled, sparing a glance at the rock-types. "Quite the active pokemon you've got. What kind are they?" She could pull out her pokedex and check, but she'd much rather simply have a conversation about it. The woman was more than happy to spend some of her day chatting with a somewhat stranger!

@Jani
Egg Post 11

Jaq
Glaceon - Male

Level 2
Ice Body
ENDURE ◒ Icy Wind ◒ Helping Hand ◒ Tackle ◒ Tail Whip
Snow :D

--------------------

PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 07:49 PM

Admin

No Cold
Feet
[egg:11]

Indie's unsuccessful lecture of Imp was interrupted as she suddenly realized that her trainer was being approached by a couple of strangers- at least, they were no one she knew, as she had been in her ball when her trainer had battled in the tournament against Shae and her bird.

The female Rockruff's initial response to this realization was to trot back toward Cynth, barking now a warning bark at the blue fox and the darker-skinned human. A couple barks in, she recalled that her human did not particularly enjoy when she barked at strangers, so she caught the next bark in her throat, and it morphed into a sort of strangled growl that faded away as she approached. Despite the cessation of her vocals, she returned to her human's side, sniffing suspiciously, but silently, at the new human who was so close to her own human.

Cynth, meanwhile, smiled sheepishly at the woman- who looked so familiar and yet she wasn't able to place just why at first- and accepted the offer of help with a sort of embarrassed smile and a "Yes, please." Since she had an egg delicately balanced on her lap and only one hand to operate with, picking up all of the scattered food would have been an intimidating task to complete on her own.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one. I only have three, plus this little unhatched one, and I can't seem to get a handle on any of them- except for her." She gave a nod toward Indie, who had finished sniffing at Shae and was now going over to sniff at the Glaceon. "Indie, she's actually not too much of a handful most of the time; she just gets frustrated when the others misbehave. Imp is the really crazy one." She pointed at each canine in turn as she spoke their names.

"They are Rockruffs, I found them at the Crying Plateau. They had been attacked by a couple of large birds, and they seemed to not have any family or anyone taking care of them, so I brought them home with me."

Technically, home back then was in Ashfield, but she didn't like to think back on that time too much. Once all the food was gathered back up again, she smiled at Shae gratefully. "Thank you for your help. I know I know you- we battled in the tournament, didn't we? And I saw you perform at the Anniversary Fair." She had finally placed where she knew the woman from. "But I am embarrassed to say that I don't recall your name."

Indie finished her brief sniffing at the Glaceon and finally spoke. Her tone was a bit monotone, very businesslike. She wasn't all that great at general friendliness and friend-making, but she certainly wasn't hostile or brusque, either.//You are with this other human?//

Imp wasn't quite finished letting the ocean have what-for, barking whenever the waves receded and snapping his jaws at the water when the waves crashed in, often barking or growling through the water, making for an interesting gurgling sound. Still, his ears had perked and he was generally aware that there were new and unknown things behind him, so it surely was only a matter of time before the one interesting thing became not quite as interesting as the newcomers.

Tag @Kaien
Count -
user posted image #fcecb6 user posted image #402d26 user posted image #772229

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
Pokemon: Forever Forgotten Save Your Goodbyes FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG Kaleidoscope a rf/hm based RP PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay
skin by bonbon.