Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in tempers. Beta and Omega are finally in direct conflict, click here to keep up on it. If your character is part of either side, the expedition & pursuit thread has all the details. And don't forget, our Player Appreciation and the short stories lore contest both end at the end of August!

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Closed
New Poll

Choosing Sides, [Quest - Melted Away]
Kaien
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 08:45 AM

Admin

1084 words - HERE WE GO O-O
Walking down the too familiar dirt paths that weaved through the chaotic city, the woman huffed as she looked for the house she'd been directed to go to. Why should she help? Apparently her previous help with the wishiwashi and her participation in a few of the events marked her as someone who was 'friendly'. She didn't get it, and the label rubbed her the wrong way. She supposed being seen as friendly wasn't a terrible thing, but it didn't make any sense to her. But the old lady she'd helped months ago, who'd gotten tangled in the woods, had roped her into this. And she begrudgingly accepted - only because the woman twisted her words!

Still, despite her grumblings, there was a small light the flickered in her body at the idea of people actually appreciating things she'd done in the past. Leona was certainly not the type of person to go out of her way to help others very often, but she generally didn't leave someone who needed help right in front of her. That would feel more wrong than actually helping would. So here she was. Apparently her hunting habits were useful for the task ahead, but she'd only gotten the bare details and was given much more vibrant information on where to go to help the teen who needed assistance.

Jolteon was padding next to her, their pace much quicker than those around. It wasn't something she did consciously, but she'd learned quickly that moving fast and quiet was better. So naturally, her pace quickened without her realization, but she was more keenly aware as she passed people around her heading to her destination. Soon enough, the small, humble house came into view. In it's origination, it was likely the cozy home looked very nice. But as the woman approached, it was clear that age had worn down the appearance of this building. The color was stripped from winds, rain, and other normal wear, and the boards, while sturdy, looked like they'd suffered more than their fair share of damage. There were two holes, one on the front and one on the side facing into the city, that could have functioned as windows - however, as it was, there were a couple boards across each one, crooked and badly hammered over the openings, leaving only slits.

As she got closer with the fox at her side, she noticed the beady eyes flash in the slit of the front window - followed by a few clumsy thumps. Her eyebrow quirked, but she didn't react otherwise as she slowed her pace, approaching the door. There weas no patio or steps in front of the house, as it was just literally built on the ground. Stopping, the woman looked the building up and down once more, remembering the description she'd been giving. She followed the directions to a T - and there had been a lot of them - but this place didn't exactly look as nice as the elderly woman had mentioned. Maybe the woman's eyes were going bad, cause her sight was perfect.

Sparing a hesitant glance at the fox, and then at the path behind her, she sighed and brought up a hand to rap on the door. The knocks weren't extremely loud, but certainly not gentle by anyone's standards. From the other side she heard the choked shriek of a girl followed by another flurry of hurried steps away from the door. She rolled her eyes and waited, realizing this was her last chance to turn around and reject helping out the teen. Clearly she didn't want help if she was too scared to even so much as answer the door. Her foot started tapping impatiently as she waited a couple minutes for the door to be answered, the more subtle noise not seeming to further alert the people inside.

Eventually, the door started to creak open, the expression on Leona's face certainly one of annoyance. The teen, guessed from the youth in her features, peeked through a small sliver opening in the door. She pushed the door shut for a couple more moments at seeing the visitor's expression, but then apparently realized that she wasn't here to hurt her and creaked it open just a bit again. "H-hello? Can I h-help you?" She stumbled over basic words, which just added to Leo's annoyance, but she shoved it down. Clearly this girl needed a lot of help. More than she could provide, but this one task shouldn't be too troublesome.

"I was told you needed help tracking down a lost pokemon." The kept her sentence short and concise, not even sure yet this was the teen she was looking for. Though the mystery didn't last long as the girl threw the door open and thrust her arms at Leona as if to hug or drape herself on her. The woman deftly yet barely stepped out of the way of the embrace, leaving the girl sobbing and hugging herself just in the doorway. As if suddenly realizing outside the door was... well, outside, the girl stumbled back into the house, but left the door open as she half turned to the hunter to speak through her gross tears.

"Yes, my dearest Neptune has gone missing! He wandered out of the house, much as it's just so dangerous out there, and I think I saw him heading towards the forest. I always tell him how dangerous the world is, and to never go near the forest, but something must have happened to cause him to go there. And now he's probably lost and alone and crying and..." Her words strarted to become a bit uncomprehensible as her tears and fears started to sync up and make her even more hysterical. What a bother talking to this girl was. So weak and emotional.

The teen took a couple moments and seemed to mostly collect herself, getting to a state where she could speak once more and be better understood. "Please, can't you go check and find him? I don't have any other pokemon and he's never been to the forest before. He's defenseless and I'm defenseless and I need him home right now! Who knows what will happen if he doesn't return quickly? I have nothing else to protect me and I need him to rely on when no one else, not even my family, will care or help me in need! Please go get him!"

Leona was already over this scared brat.

Jolteon - female
100% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 04:28 PM

Admin

1515 words - ABOUT TIME KAIEN D:<
Eventually talking down the annoying and overly incessant teen, the woman was able to get out of the house. The door shut behind her quickly, the teen wanting as little exposure to the outside world as possible. She was starting to understand why the pokemon had run away in the first place. If Leona had been stuck living in this house with that girl, she would have ran away ages ago. With the way most people treated their pokemon as servants rather than free beasts, it was a wonder that more pokemon didn't try to run from their 'owners'.

Now outside the house once more, she was reunited with the fox. She'd sat down and was licking a paw, having waited patiently for the human to return. But the instant the door shut, the pokemon zipped up and circled around her. With a soft smile, the woman jolted forward and tried to catch the pokemon. The jolteon escaped, as she so often did, sending Ona to the ground. She chuckled as she pushed herself up, though the movement from inside the house told her that the girl was still listening. The last thing she needed was this brat trying to rush her, so she supposed they should be on their way.

She'd collected as much information about the pokemon that she could from the crazy girl. Most of the time the story wound right on back to her selfish desires, but the hunter had managed to glean some information from that alone. Pokemon, while commonly taken in to live with humans, were naturally wild creatures. Being cooped up in the house was a pretty standard reason, especially given that the pokemon had literally never left the house before. If only she had someone a little more sane to speak to.

Just as she bounded off the little porch of the home, she stopped. There was a woman approaching the home, and so she stayed put a moment. Perhaps this would be someone with some more information. She was quite a bit older, carrying a smooth wooden box filled with fresh food she'd clearly gotten at the market. The scent of meat perked both of their noses, the raw scent sharp to the hunters who spent their lives honing senses for such purpose. The woman idly wondered if the meat bought had been from something she'd killed. She had a couple butchers in town who tolerated her enough to keep buying from her, so she knew her meat was at least getting sold somewhere.

The woman with neatly tied hair and few wrinkles set in her face raised her eyebrows. The creases of her forehead deepened along with the expression, as her lips pursed. It was clear the older woman wasn't sure why Leona was here, nor why she was sticking around as she approached. The both of them waited to speak, the other getting within a few feet before stopping and leaving a bit of silence, as if both of them were expecting the other to speak. "You need something?" She was curt, that much was clear. But then, Leo didn't need someone who wanted to talk. Both her and Jolteon were restless already from staying where they were, and were ready to start this search.

"Do you live here? Related to Blanche perhaps?" The woman simply nodded to confirm, not speaking to the relationship nor fully answering either question. "Just hoping to get a bit more information. I was asked to help find your daughter's missing pokemon. Do you have any information that might help me find him?" That seemed to gain a small reaction, though the woman's face was overall rather deadpan. She didn't seem one to care much about things, instead seeming rather tired or distant. She couldn't tell which yet, but the dark circles around her eyes spoke to something that her sure stance did not.

"Yes, Neptune. Bothersome he ran. Blanche won't stop talking about it." That certainly wasn't a surprise. She couldn't imagine living with that mess while she went on and on about her missing pokemon. And more, about how defenseless she was without the pokemon. It was as if she missed the security Neptune offered her, rather than the actual creature himself. "I could care less whether the creature comes back or not, though it'd be much easier on everyone if he would be returned. Just let us know if he's dead or something and we'll figure something out. Can't say Blanche would be willing to just accept and trust a new pokemon after all." Her voice trailed off a bit, but she didn't leave yet. Which was good, considering that she needed more information that the rambling girl hadn't really provided.

"Before I go, can you tell me a little more about what he looks like, how he acts, and what I might use to identify him?" Whether all her questions could be answered or not, any information would be good. She'd pretty much forgotten to ask the teen about his appearance in all her sobbing and rambling. It had been hard enough to be patient through that, much less remember all the questions she wanted to ask. At least this woman seemed to have more of a calm mind. "He's not much different than yours there. Same body type and similar faces, but without the fur. He has a sleek body with smooth skin though, and a dark blue ridge down his back and tail, which has a fin at the end. With fins around his face and his entire body blue. Don't even try looking in water - you'll never see him if he'd somehow found a pond or something. He's not got much of a personality. I guess you could call him rebellious, but that's probably a phase, just like what kids go through."

Leona nodded, taking in the information. Thankfully there weren't many large sources of water nearby, so it was unlikely that the creature could have somewhere to stay completely hidden. She would need to move fast though. There was no telling where the pokemon could have gotten off to. If he had been sheltered his entire life, then it would follow that he wouldn't likely go too far in. Enough to be away from humans, but probably stopped just that far in to wander and explore. If it was his goal to simply experience the world and grow, he wouldn't need to rush into the most dangerous parts of the forest. That said, the city was out too. She couldn't imagine that he'd spent his entire life around humans and captive pokemon just to run to more humans and captive pokemon. No, he had to be in the forest trying to get away from people.

Nodding and thanking the woman, she motioned as she turned to walk away from the woman and the house. They'd need to get moving quickly, to make sure they could catch up and find him. The description was good, and it was interesting to hear of a pokemon similar to Jolteon. She'd met one before as well, at the fair, that seemed to have a similar build to the electric type, but completely different appearance. Circling around to the back of the house, the hunter looked for places where the vaporeon could have escaped. The door was the obvious choice, but given how protected and closed off the teen was, she found it unlikely. It took a little time, but eventually she found it. There was a little hole in the base of the house, digging a slight bit into the ground. The dirt was more moist here than in other places. As a water-type, he must have used his abilities to make the ground wet and therefore easier to get through. If he'd left steps from being wet, they'd long since dried by now.

Leo positioned herself, squatting by the hole and looking around. It was a thoughtless and impulsive escape, not something with a bigger plot and others involved, from what she could gather. That meant the creature would likely have jolted directly away from where he'd unearthed from the house. Shifting on her heels, she turned and looked directly away from the house. She needed to find some evidence, something out of place to mark which way the pokemon had entered the forest. She stood and walked to the edge of the forest, keen eyes searching along the edge as she approached. There! She got in close and bent close to the ground. There was a patch of grass and a flower that had been smashed. She motioned to Jolteon, who'd been wandering a bit but attentive. When Jolteon was close, she gestured for her paw, which she offered up willingly. Comparing the size, she determined it was likely a similarly sized creature that made the mark.

Standing once again while letting go of the yellow creature's leg, so turned and looked off, spotting the faint etches of a trail that she could find. Now they needed to be deft and quick.

Jolteon - female
100% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 05:31 PM

Admin

1285 words - Tracking!
The woman let a short, quick whistle escape her lips. At the sound, the fox's ears perked up, then flattened out. She knew the sound meant the hunt, and that they would be moving. It was about time really, as the electric-type had been itching for a good run. Allowing the human to take the lead, as she usually did, she took off after her. They pushed into the forest, Leona occasionally slowing down and studying the ground. There were even a couple times she came to a complete stop, studying the ground and trying to find something. She couldn't be sure what they were tracking, but it was clear that something was being hunted down. She assumed for food, since that was generally all they hunted down. But, something was odd about this. It wasn't usually a specific target to hunt down, especially when they hadn't even seen it yet.

At a current stop, Leo squatted once more, getting her head closer to the ground. She looked back, verifying the tiny, subtle trail she believed was correct. Then, she looked forward again. As they got further into the forest, it was becoming incredibly difficult to discern the path they needed to take to follow their target. It was a forest, after all. There were creatures all around here, living their lives and leaving their own tracks. It wasn't a solitary trail, but a series of interweaving trails. She needed to discern which was the one she needed and which were trails that were irrelevant to her search. It was going to continue getting difficult, but she noted that the prints should be similar to Jolteon's. That should make this a bit easier.

The pokemon padded up next to her, and she turned her head to watch her paws. She studied the steps, the way they impressed into the ground, the way the grass bent to the sides beneath her weight. Thoughtfully thinking and considering, her gaze wandered back over to the path ahead of her, trying to focus. Taking a deep breath, she caught what she was looking for. Standing back up, she pushed forward quickly with the fox right on her heels. They continued on, following the same pattern but making a bit better progress now that the woman had a little more confidence about the way they were headed. She wondered if they would be able to find Neptune anyway. And if they did, whether he'd still be alive and well or not. An untrained, sheltered creature venturing into the wilds alone didn't bode well, no matter how determined he might be.

They headed deeper into the forest for about 30 minutes before they'd come across anything notable. There was a small puddle of water, but enough collected to make it the biggest source of water they'd encountered as of yet. And lying in the middle of it was a long, sleek blue creature. The blue skin of the pokemon almost seemed to blend and meld into the water, almost like a natural cameoflauge. So that was what the woman meant. That, matched with the fins sprouted around his face, made her think this was the one they were looking for. And he'd certainly noticed them. The water-type quickly got up on his feet and turned to them, posing low and dangerous. He barked at them, words unknown to her, so she focused on the Jolteon, trying to get her to understand.

The fox lifted her gaze and watched silently, listening to the other pokemon as well. She tapped one finger on another and pointed to the vaporeon, to mark that this was their target. But then she held the symbol for stop, or safe, or something along those lines. So, this was what they'd been hunting, but they weren't going to attack or kill him? Weird. It must have something to do with those humans from before. "What are you and this human doing? Why have you stopped?" Obviously the pokemon didn't realize he was being tracked for a purpose, but she didn't have a ton of information to share. "Uh, sorry we don't mean to like, threaten you or anything. I think. I'm not actually quite sure why we're here, but from my human's movements, I think she was looking for you."

Neptune tensed up, looking ready to bolt without a moment's notice. The electric-type was just as ready to run, somewhat hoping he did. Because then that meant they'd chase, and that was always fun. "Why? Why is she seeking me? How do you know it's me?" He sounded extremely angry, and frustrated, and distressed. Wow. He had a lot going on. What a mess. "Whoa whoa, don't worry guy. We aren't here to fight She specifically gave me a command not to attack, so we come in peace or whatever. Let me see if I can get more information." She turned her head back up to the brunette, earning her a confused glance. She simply stared, a silent request for more information before she could think about how to handle this flight risk. Even if she did want him to run for the fun, she figured it was best to play this smart. The sooner they finish this, the sooner his human should run with him anyway.

Leo wasn't sure what the jolteon was expecting from her, but from the tense and fearful posture of their target, she assumed the creature was not pleased to see them. She looked at her own pokemon, wondering what she wanted. Was it advice? Guidance? No, information? Yes, maybe. After all, the pokemon couldn't have understood what they'd been discussing earlier. That made the most sense. "Lost." She pointed to the vaporeon. "Take Home." She pointed back the way they'd come. Hopefully those few words and gestures would get across the point she was trying to make. And she wondered if she should try speaking his name. He'd probably know it, even from her mouth, but she wasn't sure he would welcome the knowledge of the name given to him by those he'd run away from.

With those pieces, the puzzle fell together. Now she understood why the human spent all that time at that wooden place, talking to those strangers. She returned her attention to the water-type. "Got it. I believe she's saying that you're lost, and we can help you get home. I think maybe she was asked to come locate you. I find that a bit odd, as she's not one to bind or capture pokemon, but she must have had some reason for coming out here to find you." Neptune didn't respond, but the expression on his face was anything but positive. Clearly he had no interest in returning to that place, and she was sure that the woman would be able to see and tell. But as she wasn't turning away, she assumed more understanding and convincing needed to happen before they could let the pokemon go free.

The woman spoke a single word, resolving to see the reaction for the sake of confirming what she was confident she already knew. "Neptune." And with that word, the final straw was broke. The vaporeon turned and ran, Jolteon smirking and chasing off immediately after him. "Damn." Leo cursed under her breath and took off as well. She was... conflicted about this task, but she couldn't just let the creature go off on his own. This was definitely the target, and if he got into trouble, there was no way he'd be able to survive. She didn't really want to take him back to a home he didn't want to stay at, but...

Was there a third option here?

Jolteon - female
100% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jun 21 2018, 07:00 PM

Admin

1293 words - Leona can never catch a break from getting hurt.
Both of the pursuers pressed through the forest, hot on the trail of the runaway pokemon. It wasn't advantageous for them to be chasing the likely already frightened and angry creature. All that would do is heighten the negative emotions he was already feeling. She grimaced as the air rushed along her face from her sprint. This whole situation was less than ideal to begin with. It was becoming increasingly clear that this wasn't some sad pup that got into trouble and simply wanted to run away to make a point. This was a creature that wanted to be free, to get away from the humans and captivity that he'd been living in his entire life and see the world.

The woman was able to relate so deeply, that it almost hurt. She could understand and empathize for the creature, even though she'd never been truly bound in the way that he had been. She hadn't been directly forced to stay with the family she'd been with, but there weren't exactly other clear options. She'd had no memory, no skills, no belongings, nothing. While she could have left, and arceus had she wanted to leave, there was no way she would have survived on her own without the skills she learned from that man all that time ago. And from the stability they'd offered her while she learned about the world and discovered what she could do to support herself. And yet she'd felt trapped in a way, stuck to continue that life in order to survive. Being legitimately held somewhere against one's will? That sounded like a torture that no one should have to experience.

Luckily for her, the chase wasn't going to end in a loss of this creature. The pokemon was a bit faster and definitely more nimble than her, but couldn't beat out the electric counterpart to her. The jolteon got out in front of Neptune, which caused him to hard turn paths. He spared a glance behind, seeing Leona on his trail, and shot off another direction. But the duo was prepared for it, and cut diagonally through to head the pokemon off once again. She was thankful there were no major sources of water around. That would make him near impossible to follow, if he managed to find one and take a dip. As it was, she was already having to concern herself with losing him in the mess of foliage.

The electric type headed off the vaporeon once more, and in his haste to escape, his leg caught on something. It was just a loose root, but it caused the pokemon to stumble and fall over. He'd never dealt with terrain like this, where it seemed there were a million things around to trip or stop you from moving. His paw was stuck and, in his panic, he couldn't seem to figure out how to get it out. And the others were closing in. Jolteon knew this was her chance to get the free-spirit talking, peacefully and nice. She couldn't do anything about the root, but if he'd just slow down and calm down, surely he'd figure it out. Normally she was never about slowing, but he couldn't exactly move, so it was necessary. She stopped running and kept a more gentle approach, hoping to seem like less of a threat. Chasing through the woods wasn't really a friendly gesture, after all.

"Alright, let's just talk and calm. You can remove your foot if you stop wiggling so much." But by the way he barked at her in anger, she had a feeling that he wasn't listening. Maybe the human could work some sense into him. Speaking of, she was slowing to a stop just a few feet away, analyzing the situation. Neptune was still yanking and hurting his paw and leg more as he desperately tried to escape. She didn't understand why he found it so difficult to carefully loop his foot back and out, but maybe this was an opportunity to build a little peace between them. With her arms raised, she slowly approached. "It's okay, I just want to help." Her soft words were met with a powerful jet of water, striking her abdomen and causing her to double over, arms wrapped around her stomach as she dropped to one knee.

Calm, Leona. He's just scared and lashing out. She collected herself as the electric-type's fur sparked up as she spoke. "Yo yo, not cool! We aren't hurting you. Don't hurt the human, she doesn't want to fight you. I don't know what happened, but just let her help and you'll see she's good." She hoped her words would cal the rage of the vaporeon, but she focused more on snuffing out the sparks. She was a little worked up, and the electricity practically generated itself when she moved around a lot. Doing things like, you know, chasing pokemon through the forest. But without anything to release the power on, she needed to shake it out. Literally.

Steeling herself, she continued towards the pokemon, releasing her stomach to use her arms. She stayed low to the ground as she closed the distance between them, the fox growling at her. Without moving her hand closer, she pointed at his foot, which was still idly tugging at the root twisted around it. "I can help. Would you let me help? It was annoying that pokemon and humans spoke different languages. While she didn't really enjoy chatting that much, situations like these would be made much easier if she could just directly talk to the creatures and have a conversation. Instead she had to try and get her meaning across with gestures, and hope for the best. Sometimes it worked, and sometimes it failed miserably. The growling stopped, but those deep eyes stared darkly at her, as if daring her to act.

Slowly, she lowered her hands to the ground. Then, she scooted them across the dirt, getting them closer to the root but keeping her eyes locked with the target. She'd almost made it to the root before the vaporeon's mouth was moving. She could have flinched, pulled back, or tried to get out of the way. But that would mean admitting defeat, and not helping this creature. The teeth it into her arm, breaking the skin but not tearing. It was clearly meant to hurt, and certainly stung already, but they froze like that. He kept his mouth on her arm and, for a moment, she kept still. Then she continued with her free arms to get to the roots. As if it was simply a warning, or a bond in case she pulled something bad, he kept his teeth biting on her arm. She messed the the roots a bit, and unwound them from the blue foot.

With his body free, he released the human's arm and stalked a couple steps away, limping a bit with his bruised leg. The human had... helped him, despite his attacks trying to ward her off. And now she was staying still, watching him but allowing him to keep his distance.He could run again, but after how it turned out the first time and given his new pain, he didn't see that as the best option. Fine, they wanted to talk? So be it. "You caught up to me. Bravo, traitor. Now what do you plan to do with me? He'd already shown that he had power to the woman, so maybe they'd see he was better off out here and leave him. He would never go back to those humans for as long as he drew breath. He would not be subjected to their whims anymore.

He was free, and fully planned to remain that way.

Jolteon - female
100% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jun 25 2018, 07:29 PM

Admin

1508 words - Fox Chat Radio! Feat. Unhelpful Leona!
Jolteon was confused by Neptune's words. Traitor? To whom was she a traitor? She had no loyalties, no ties to anyone or anything. She didn't make promises or do things that would tie her down or restrict her from those whims she had. Her passions, her in the moment decisions. These were the things that led her life. And, occasionally, a partner with which to share these with. She spared a thoughtful glance at the human, who was tending to her bite wound with a bit of water from the thing she used to carry it, before returning her gaze to the vaporeon. "Let's just chill a bit. I'm not completely sure why we're here in the first place, since I don't understand human speak. But like, were you with that loud suspicious human in the city?" She could only make assumptions from what she'd gathered from this rather odd hunt, and the long discussion her human had with the others before.

Neptune hesitated before continuing, looking between the both of them. The human didn't dare to meet his eyes. Or perhaps was too busy with her wound. He felt pride in the wound. It was proof that he could make it, that he was a capable and strong fighter. Despite this being only the first encounter since he'd run those hours ago, the water-type figured that the wilds couldn't be all bad. That girl had been hyping it up and paranoid, trying to keep him from the world for her own selfish desires. After all, that was all human's did. The chained his kind to strange devices in those wooden constructions to keep them contained and away from their natural element.

"If you are speaking of whom i assume, then yes. She's the one who kept me imprisoned my entire life. Restricted me from contact with the outside world, and dampened my development. But I've been training, preparing myself for this day. And now that I've escaped, I have no intention to return to such a horrid life. If you wish to life among these ruthless creatures, then so be it! But leave me to my own decisions." Leona didn't understand the growling and barking of the foxes, she could only measure their stances. The vaporeon was clearly on the defensive, and his tone was not friendly. But, he wasn't attacking, so that was a positive. Jolteon was being smart about it, keeping a more passive and accepting posture, now that his teeth were no longer in her arm. She pulled out some cloth from her bag, allowing them to speak while she bandaged her arm. The bite hadn't been too deep, but she needed to keep it from getting infected. Thus, she'd rinsed it out and was now wrapping it to protect from bacteria.

Knowing the human was leaving this to her now, she tried to piece together the puzzle of their cause here. The human wasn't one to believe in binding others against their will, as could be evidenced to their current relationship. Though she'd been bound to one of those strange balls a while ago, it had been in emergency. And the only times she'd been recalled to it was in moments of peril. So, she wasn't worried that this human would be so inclined to trap the fox against his will. No, if she'd come out here to find this creature, it was because she believed him lost and trying to get home, rather than trying to leave home. She had at least that much faith in this partner of hers. "Somehow I'm not surprised, given her demeanor. She seemed a little off the handle. When my human went to talk to her, she was really weird about opening the door, and when she did she seemed to get terrified and ran back in." The fox snickered and sat down. She'd still be able to leap into action if the pokemon attempted to run again, but was trying to keep things a bit casual.

As she watched the two pokemon communicating, it was easy to see the similarities between them. Now that they had a moment to almost peacefully talk, it was giving her a chance to earnestly watch them both. Knowing her partner for so long, she focused more on Neptune. His posture was still screaming that he was a flight risk, but as the jolteon continued and even sat, his expression seemed to ease up a bit. That was good. She wasn't sure how she was going to handle this yet, caught between this crossroads of the job she'd been given and the apparent situation surrounding this creature's escape. So the extra time to think and consider the pros and cons to her options was preferable for sure. Though, with her wound bandaged up to heal properly, she certainly was ready should the vaporeon decide to bolt. She hoped that he wouldn't, as there were much larger dangers in the forest that a sheltered pokemon might be unequipped to handle.

It was a feeling that she knew all too well.

Considering her words deeply, the pokemon wasn't convinced. Just because she spoke a good game, and vouched for the human, didn't mean that the human wouldn't turn against them for the sake of her selfish goals. Saving him from being trapped? That was clearly just out of necessity. She'd done that just so she could take him back to that living nightmare. No, he wouldn't be tricked by this woman. The electric-type seemed so... earnest though. It confused him, but he was not going to be deceived once again. "If you do not approve of what these humans do, then why do you accompany her? Doesn't she keep you for her own purposes? You are fast and outside. Why do you not run?" His confusion was feeding his hesitation to run immediately. It didn't appear that the human was holding her here against her will, nor did she have one of those balls that could absorb her at a moments notice. Just why was this jolteon not running away?

"Because it's my choice to be with her. It always has been. I do what I want, which just happens to be hunting and travelling with her, ever since some weird feeling I'd gotten led me to her." She'd never fully understood what had brought her to that clearing in the forest, the ground covered in strange, unnatural ash. But ever since that day, she'd been investigating and learning about this human. And, unlike other humans, she'd adapted to the fox and her whims. She'd learned how to run much faster, she learned how to play and how to pat her the right way. When she hunted, the woman learned to wield a weapon so she could hunt as well. Their interests and skills lined up, and therefore they were compatible to be together. "Listen, some humans are terrible, but they aren't all bad. I've been with her for like 5 seasons now, and I've never been required to do anything I didn't want. I was able to leave, and whenever I ran off to hunt or get a good run in, she either ran with me or she would let me be. And I returned, because out partnership is great. We hunt and run and play together. It's pretty great. So, maybe your humans treated you wrong, but they aren't all bad as a whole. But you know, I don't want to take you back somewhere if you are unhappy, and I don't think she will if she understands."

The fox scratched her ear with her back paw as she finished speaking, allowing the other to consider the words she spoke. He still wasn't convinced. It wasn't that he didn't want to believe it, but the pokemon unknowingly had this hatred and despair from humans that was too deeply rooted to simply be dismissed by a simple speech. But that which she spoke was... certainly a pretty story to hear. He couldn't fathom nor believe it. A partnership where they were both free? That just, didn't happen. He'd never heard of any pokemon-human relationship where the pokemon was there because they solely chose to be. Because they had a feeling and wanted to be with the human. It was incomprehensible, and he couldn't possibly believe it, right? He was questioning himself though. Though he didn't want to trust this human-loving pokemon, she didn't seem to be lying. And, despite him being in their grasp, neither of them were making a grab at him. They weren't trying to capture him. Why were they just standing there? "So, if your human will simply let me go, then why don't the both of you leave me be? If you aren't going to take me back, then let me return to my own and you return to yours. There's no further reason for you to be here."

And then they heard the growling, coming from multiple directions around them, followed by a deep, commanding bark.

Jolteon - female
100% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jun 25 2018, 08:38 PM

Admin

1882 words - What's a thread in the forest without almost dying?
[CW: Lots of fite, slight gore, puppies gonna get HURT]

Both Leona and Jolteon tensed up, the woman drawing her dagger. The vaporeon, not having been in the wilds enough or even heard of them, didn't understand why they were so on edge. After all, they weren't the ones being hunted down. These dogs were probably here for him anyway, so they should just leave. Though, admittedly, the idea of facing who knows how many dogs alone was not a pleasant concept to him. So, perhaps, their assistance in distracting them for a clean getaway would be preferable to being left to deal with them on his own. "Why are you just standing there? It's not like they are here to attack you. And if they came for me, don't you think they'd be peaceful, just like you were with trying to capture me?" The naive creature had no idea what was to come, the yellow fur sparking in anticipation as acute ears pricked, detecting where the pokemon would be.

The electric-type seemed to have good senses, because when the first dog came leaping out at her, she deftly dodged out of the way. She crashed into it with a tackle, and from there the battle began. Another leaped out from the brush, leaping towards the human. She reacted, the dagger lunging out, catching the creature in the chest. Pokemon didn't normally expect humans to fight back, so the surprise attack had caught it off guard. It yelped as the dagger gashed into its chest, and it fell to the ground, stumbling slightly as it slid off the blade. Leona was arched, her back turned on the vaporeon. He seemed to be in the clear and was more than happy to take the chance to run. Before he even got a few steps however, the last few leaped out. One right at him, a dark face with long under-fangs lunging at him, grey fur blending out from its face as it collided with him in a tackle attack.

"Why do you strike me? Surely the human wants me back intact!" The human and other fox had turned as if to aid him, but as another appeared to each of them, they were forced to return to their own targets. It seemed that he would need to deal with this alone. And though he spoke, the growl he got in response was enough to spur him to action, though the yellow fox spoke up anyway after a burst of lighting shot off of her and onto one of the poochyena's. "Pokemon in the wilds aren't friendly. We hunt and hurt each other. It's a dangerous world, but we'll do our best to protect you." She spoke, flashing her version of a smile as the next pup dashed in towards her. She took the blow and prepared herself for another. The woman was in a similar situation, a dog getting in close and tackling her. Though she'd gotten down low to the ground defensively, so they wouldn't be able to knock out her knees. Though her arms took the blows, she used the close combat to lash out at the same one she'd injured before, holding her own for the moment.

He had to prove that he was strong. He was strong, and fierce, and this dumb dog wouldn't hold him back! He fired off a stream or powerful water at the one by him, the pup taking the hit but clearly reacting to the pain. He smirked, pleased to show off his powerful side, though was quickly struck with another tackle attack. He'd mistakenly assumed that the one attack would knock them down. Just how many times would he have to hit this creature. He suppressed any doubts, any feelings that being out here alone might be bad or dangerous. He'd never thought of the wilds as dangerous, never wanted to. He wouldn't submit to that crazy teen's illogical fear of everything outside that prison she chose to live in, and kept him in for so long. He dived him for his own tackle, no longer watching the others as they fought.

The battle continued on, the three of them outnumbered but holding their ground. Jolteon was pleased to find that she seemed much more experienced and power than the pups she'd been matched against. They were a tad clumsy, and their size indicated they were likely not fully grown as of yet. This would be the luck they needed to take advantage of. She fired off another burst of lightning on the same one she'd attacked, both her and Leona employing the same strategy. They were of one mind that they needed to focus on eliminating one, in order to lessen the number of attacks coming at them. The electric-type followed up with a tackle, and that seemed to be the last of it for that pup. It was a lot of energy to expend on one enemy, but the pup had only been able to get a couple of attacks off. That meant she could focus on the other, who conveniently charged in to tackle once more.

Leona wasn't having quite the same luck, however. It was to be expected. She didn't hunt this type of pokemon, as it wasn't one she could sell. They were small with very little meat, and the fact that they were demons wasn't exactly appealing to any of her sellers. They didn't necessarily believe that the demonic power was effective through dead meat, but that didn't mean they were jumping at the gun to buy meat that had been harvested from them. As such, she wasn't fully aware of the kill points on this kind. In addition, the 2 versus one scenario she was in didn't leave a lot of room for planning or strategy. She needed to tough it out, and get in attacks as she could. She kept cutting at the same dog each time the two of them closed in to an attack, but it was difficult to withstand the pressure and pain from their claws and fangs trying to scrape at her. Keeping her arms together and flat helped to prevent their jaws from getting a sufficient grip on her, but the bandage was ripped off and her arms were scraped up, a couple of the wounds blossoming with blood. But she ignored it. She would tend to that once they survived this incident, assuming they did.

They closed in once more. The first caused her to stumble, her ankles tired from the position and causing her to stumble. The next crashed and knocked her off balance. She fell to her side, throwing her body to avoid falling backwards and being caught in a prone position for attack. As it was, she was in position to strike from the side, swinging her blade in towards the pooch. The edge of the blade cut and dived in, the power from her swing shoving the blade in deep to the pokemon's neck. She hit home, and the creature seemed too preoccupied with trying to breath from where she'd struck to be able to fight further. She heaved the blade out as the second attacked launched at her, biting into her other arm as she threw it up in defense. It hurt like hell, but she fought through the pained with a muffled scream, not letting it escape her lips as the blade came rushing back to jab at the creature.

Neptune continued fighting, though he was much more inexperienced in battle than he would ever openly admit. The creature dodged his next water gun, something he found absolutely shocking and completely unacceptable. But as he considered, the pokemon launched in and sunk his fangs into the creature, a chilling feeling accompanying the bite. It pained him deeply, the moisture on his skin only aiding in the discomfort from the icy attack, freezing his skin a bit. Though it wouldn't be permanent damage, he'd never felt pain like this. Was this... was this what dying felt like? No, it couldn't be! He was powerful and much better than this dumb pup. He could certainly win this. He struck with his covet attack, one he had barely knew how to use, lashing out at the pokemon. It didn't seem too bothered by the attack though, and simply launched another tackle as a counter-attack to his strike.

Jolteon wasn't pleased to see the human hit the ground. It worried her, as it wasn't often she was bested by others. That said, it wasn't often they stuck around long enough to be preyed upon by a pack of poochyena, or any other predator-like creatures. She needed to wrap this up quickly. She focused on the pooch who'd she exchanged a couple blows with. They were both in pretty bad condition, so she used her innate power to read its movements. It launched, and she detected where it would go, getting out of the way. Then, she crashed electricity into the pokemon, a final blow to send the dog whimpering on the ground. She didn't care what happened to it, as long as it wasn't attacking them anymore. The vaporeon was faltering, and she knew they needed to get to him soon. But first, she wanted to free the human, so they could combine efforts on the last poochyena. If they could quickly eliminate the human's last attacker, then both of them could help the water-type.

Neptune cried out as another ice fang launched into her smooth skin. He was out of energy, and the duo was alerted. Leona slashed into her poochyena, and the jolteon was there in an instant crashing in. Which gave her the opportunity she needed to get to Neptune. The vaporeon fell to the ground, unable to support himself on his legs for the moment, and watched as the leader of the pack prepared to strike once more. He thought about what this meant. How could he not have won? He was bigger than this little pooch. He was strong, right? It seemed crazy to him that something so small could be so devastatingly fierce in battle. He didn't want this to be the end. There were so many things he needed to see, so many things he wanted to do. He didn't even know half of the opportunities in the world for him to satisfy his undying curiosity, and for a moment he felt like he never would.

As the demon dashed in towards the vaporeon to deal a final blow, Leona jumped between them. The icy fangs dug into the skin on her chest, and she hissed through her teeth as she dug the dagger into the poochyena. Though with all the scratches and bleeding, bruises and blood both coloring her arms, she was running low on strength and energy herself. The creature released, seemingly just as surprised by the turn of events as the pokemon who'd been rescued, and soon went rolling as the electric-type crashed into its side. Jolteon didn't relent, releasing another thunder shock at the pokemon before falling to the ground herself, breathing deeply and heavily. Though the 5 dogs laid unable to fight in the dirt, the trio was in much the same condition. Yet, through this, he had one thought.

The human had saved him.

Jolteon - female
100% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jun 25 2018, 09:35 PM

Admin

2245 words - WRAPPING IT UP
They sat there for a moment, the whole 8 creatures here huffing and breathing deeply. A hand trailed into the fur of the jolteon, the fur brushing between thin fingers. She was on her side as the fox was laying on her stomach, and they were glad to see the attacked pup wasn't getting back up. She waited another moment, listening, waiting. It was really over, none of them here in any state to continue battling. It was thanks to all of their efforts, Neptune's included, that they'd been able to survive through this assault. She counted herself lucky. If they had been more experienced, or even had just one more member in their young pack, they would have been done in. With a groan a wobbly effort, she rose from the ground to a sitting position. She turned her legs, and then her body, to look over.

"You okay?" She started to reach a hand, but stopped, hesitant. She pet the jolteon in times like this, because it soothed both of them. It was comforting to her, and the fox seemed to enjoy the movement. It seemed to help her feel better. So the woman's first instinct was to do the same to this pokemon. But... would he be willing to accept such a gesture? Her words were soft and rough as she spoke. "Please. Let me help." She remembered something in her pack. She picked it from her back, thankful, she'd taken all her blows to the front or sides so it was safe from too much damage. Pulling it off her back, she opened it, her movements slow and twitchy as pain yanked at her nerves, mostly in her arms. She pushed away the pain, fishing for the potion she'd been told was used to heal pokemon.

It seemed to work the few times she'd used it before, so now seemed like a good time. There was no way this vaporeon would survive if she didn't help it, here and now. She uncapped the potion and looked at the blue pokemon, his eyes staring at her as his body curled to make sure he could look at her. She put up her hands in an open expression, and pointed to the bottle. "This will help." She waited a moment, hoping for understanding or at least allowance to do as she needed. The electric-type hadn't fainted yet, but she was resting a bit more before getting involved with the water-type. Besides, it seemed like the human had a handle on things, for the moment. She would simply breath a few minutes more while the woman worked on the other, and pop into the conversation if the fox was getting unreasonable with her again.

Seeing no indication that the pokemon would attack, though not sure whether it was because of not wanting or simply not being capable of such, she set to work. She moved slowly, dabbing some of the potion thickly on her hand and reaching slowly for the first bites she saw, the frozen space starting to thaw. There was a warning grumble from Neptune, but she continued, albeit slowly to show she was not attacking or trying to hurt him. The potion met skin, and the creature hissed out as she gently rubbed it over where the pokemon's fangs had dug into his skin. Though, the hiss relieved into a bit of a purr in relief, the vaporeon quickly feeling a bit of relief from the pain as the healing ointment took effect. She continued, dabbing more on her hand an moving towards the other spot where he'd been bitten. It was a bit awkward to reach, but she did what she could without having to move much. Her own blood was inconvenient, however she was careful to make sure it didn't get on the pokemon. Who knew what would happen if their blood mixed. She didn't want to think about it, and thus avoided it entirely. Still, she felt it was important to tend to his wounds before her own.

Once she'd applied all of the potion to the pokemon, who was feeling a bit better, she sat back and fumbled with her bag. She took out some more cloth, some she would have preferred to use for wrapping meat, but needing to wrap her arms. She tore at the fabric, tearing smaller strips that she would be able to more easily wrap and tie off in order to keep herself bandaged. She would need to clean up back at the city or in a stream, as she had too many wounds to deal with from just her water. Neptune seemed to shift into a more comfortable position, and she was relieved that he seemed to be okay. In truth, she wasn't sure why she'd saved the pokemon from that attack. They were statistically more durable than herself, and tended to be able to take more blows. But in the moment, his inexperience and the girl's words about him never having been out in the wilds screamed at her to move, thinking she was, in this instance, better to have taken the hit over him. She didn't want this pokemon to die.

As the human was bandaging herself up with the cloth, Neptune was trying to process everything. The battle had been overwhelming in it's own regard. He didn't need anyone to tell him that it certainly wasn't something he was prepared for. And if the jolteon was correct, then this was... normal in the wilds. Had he assumed wrong about the outside world? He could hardly be blamed, having been kept from it his whole life. But this... this was not what he imagined. This was not the dream he'd had for so long, finally being free in the wilds to take on the world. In those, he'd always been successful, always been the strongest. Nothing could take him down, as he was practically the best. Every foe fell to his might, and he traveled the world freely with no fear.

And yet, in less than a day since his escape, it had all been demolished. He was loathe to admit it, but if these two hadn't been here, he'd be dead. He wasn't about to ignore that fact, no matter how little he knew about battling. But then, he needed to consider the actions. They'd taken on more enemies than him, and then come to help him. The human dashed out to defend him from a final blow, and the pokemon worked with her to strike down the final enemy. They'd defended him, despite the fact that both of them were already hurt and drained. The human tended to him first, despite her own intense wounds. She pulled out that strange ointment that made him instantly feel a bit better, relieving the pain from his injuries and saving none for herself. Why? Why would she help him when he'd done nothing but try to run. When he'd bitten her only minutes before this began?

He was unable to simply overlook her... kindness. This human was not like any other he'd met. She was not paranoid, she did not try to restrain him. Even at the end, when he was drained and beaten and couldn't fight back, she instead chose to help aid him. It would have been simple for her to tie him up in that state to take him back. But yet, she hadn't. She'd fought as their side, not using them as her weapons but instead being right next to them and working with them to take down these threats. Humans were known for making pokemon do their dirty work, but she didn't. There were so many oddities, so many unexpected results, and he was just trying to wrap his head around it. He moved into a more upright position on his stomach, glaring at the human who was focused on her wounds.

"I don't understand." He murmured out to no one in particular, the human picking up the noise. She looked, but didn't understand what he was saying. Jolteon yawned and moved over to lay next to Leona, who finished wrapping up her wounds. They both looked at the vaporeon, one of the human's hands petting the yellow fox absently as she spoke. "Are you okay?" She unknowingly repeated Leona's words, something he found a bit odd. "Why would she help me. I don't understand why she jumped, or healed, or focused on me at all before herself. Why?" He was getting a bit worked up, but the electric-type simply let a breathy laugh out. "What's funny?" He was just more confused and slightly irritated at the laughing.

"She's weird like that. When I say all human's aren't the same, she really stands out. Other humans command their pokemon to fight alone. She fights with me. Other humans have their pokemon hunt for them. She uses her blade to kill creatures herself. Other humans recall their partners into those devices consistently. I've only ever been put in it if I was close to dying. Which she then used to escort me safely to medical care. She's not like the others. She treats me as an equal, and together we are getting stronger and experiencing the world." Her eyes sought his thoughtfully, hoping the meaning of such would sink in. "In truth, I don't understand either why she's this way. All I know is that she's different, and it suits me well. That's why I stay with her. She's my partner, and she treats me with kindness and respect. What more could you ask for from a companion, pokemon or human?"

Neptune didn't like anything about how odd this was. He didn't like that it wasn't what he expected, nor was he confident that this human was worthy of his trust. Or if he was willing to give it to her. Not that it mattered. She was sent her to collect him, and that was what she was doing... right? Even he wasn't so sure anymore. But what would she do now, after all this? His thoughts stopped as she began speaking. After everything that happened, after all this craziness, she'd at least earned his attention. Living with humans his entire life, he knew more of the language than her partner seemed to. And thus, he listened intently hoping to understand what she was saying. Hoping to understand her better. It was all so confusing. All he wanted was... was what this jolteon seemed to have. This freedom to live and travel. To see the world and grow stronger. That was his dream. He'd always pictured himself alone, having never considered that he'd meet like-minded individuals who were companions.

"Jolteon. Would he..." She stumbled on her words, still unsure about her choice. She couldn't take him back, that much was true. She couldn't leave him out here alone, that much was also true. There was no way she'd subject him to a life of imprisonment he wanted to escape. But she couldn't leave him out here to simply die. He didn't have the experience or knowledge to live successfully in this world. So, there was only one other option. "Would you like to ask Neptune if he'd like to come with us? I know his relationship with humans is... rocky at best. But with us he could be free, and safe. We could help him explore and get stronger. I can do that much, if you are okay with it. I know it's always been us, but if you don't mind, maybe he can join us as well." She looked between the both of them and, experimentally, reached slowly towards the vaporeon. He watched her, soaking in her words, and not moving as she reached.

Her other hand touched his head, unfamiliar with the smooth skin. His eyes closed as her hand softly brushed back. It picked up and returned to the spot, softly petting the creature. "She wants you to join us. And honestly, I think it'd be cool if you did to. You can grow strong with us, and be free to explore. Of course you could leave if you wanted, but we can help you survive and see the world. That's what you want, right? To be free and safe to explore the world. Living alone is dangerous and lonely. But with us, you'd have friends and others to have your back in sticky situations. Together, we could all get stronger and live happily. I'd love to have someone I could talk to a bit more to as well." He smiled, as best as a fox could. "What do you say? We can escape from your crazy human and live out in the wilds, together. Hunt, explore, grow stronger. I'm confident she can keep any other hunters from tracking you too. There's no way that girl will just stop looking, right? If you come with us, we can also help keep anyone from taking you back. Please say you'll come with us!" She finished her speech, sparing a glance at the human, who continued to pet him as he let her. It was... a comforting motion. The soft pressure on his head helped distract from the pain. It was nice, and he understood why the furry pokemon let her do this. But, there was much to consider.

Could he really live the life he wanted it he chose to go with this duo?

Jolteon - female
100% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 10:21 AM

Admin

befriending roll!
Dang, this was good and I loooved it! Good enough that even though I said in the quest "befriending chances are likely to be quite low when it is rolled for," I'm actually going to set it at a pretty high chance: around 60/65%. RNG says... 80. Ouch. The RNG really does hate people this weekend.

Leona still has one more chance to befriend the Vaporeon.

@Kaien

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 04:04 PM

Admin

1523 words - /shakes fist at RNG
It all just sounded too good to be true. The idea had it's allure of course, but there was no... guarantee guarantee that things would go his way. That this wasn't just some attempt to pay nice and turn him into his human once again, to remain trapped in that old life he wanted to abandon. She spoke sweet words, but how could he possibly consider them to be true? How could he separate his concerns about trusting this human from the life this jolteon was speaking of? It was a lot to consider, and he didn't really want to feel rushed into a decision. "And if I say no?" He wasn't saying no. He wasn't saying yes. At this point, he was just stalling for more time to consider. For more information to help him make a decision, possibly. It was all so much, he couldn't really put down his thoughts to anything specific.

So she regarded him in kind, laying on the ground and placing her head down, thoughtful eyes watching the vaporeon. Normally she'd never be inclined to be still for so long, but she was just so tired. She needed the rest honestly. "Well, we'd let you go. This human wouldn't take you back against your will. That's not something she could bring herself to do." Okay, so technically she didn't actually know what the human would or wouldn't do. She couldn't read her thoughts like some invasive psychic. But from the time they'd been together, from their bond, from the way she moved and reacted, the fox just knew. There was no way that the woman would do such a terrible thing as forcing a pokemon into a trap they clearly didn't want.

Which, of course, only further confused Neptune. He listened and continued to think, to consider, as the human's hand continued stroking at his head. The contact was still strange, and part of him wanted to flinch away. All he'd experienced before was the other woman gripping him. Squeezing him in her fear so tightly he could barely breathe. So tightly that he came out with bruises occasionally. To the point it just added to his feeling of being trapped. Where she feared the outside world and refused to go out, he'd always stared at the exit and longed for it. All he wanted was to be out here, to be free and live his life the way he was always meant to. To become a force to be reckoned with, and hunt for his food. To do...

Exactly what this electric-type was saying they did, together. It just didn't add up. All humans were the same - this was something he believed. They lived by their emotions, which were all negative. They were worse than demons. They would keep hold onto their fear, their apathy, their lack of kindness. And they would force these feelings onto those around them, refusing to let others feel and experience things on their own. This was how he was raised what he'd always believed. There had never been anything, anyone to indicate that there could be any difference, any positive that came from a human's existence. They were here to act as prisons.

And yet, here this woman was. She let him fight, only getting involved at the moment he was in peril. Only working to aid him, and to help him heal. But there had been no reprimand, no imprisonment, no fearful tears and shrieks. Just her quiet, calm demeanor and her own efforts in protecting each other. In the battle, he really did see what the yellow fox was talking about. How the two of them worked together, as a unit. They seemed to well-versed, so in tune with each other. They'd both silently taken on different enemies, and aided each other and him when it was needed. How had they gotten to this? How was she someone so unlike humans? So unlike what he'd known of them, what he'd believed for all his years since hatching as a baby ready to explore the world, only to be rejected?

But that wasn't even the toughest part of it all. The most difficult thing to understand was that the pokemon was vouching for her. It wasn't that this human was trying to boast and make him trust her. She was making an offer, and had consulted the jolteon. The creature had been given the chance to turn her down, but they both agreed. He could see it. How they were partners, equals. How they both made decisions together and were free to do as they wished. That's all he wanted. Was to do as he wished. He just wanted to live his life in the wilds and thrive off the land. Neptune's eyes passed over the barely breathing creatures, the scent of blood drifting in the air from where the human's tool had cut them.

But this wasn't the world he'd imagined. This wasn't what he'd thought he'd faced. He'd almost died. Would have, if these two hadn't been around to help him fight - He caught himself, eyes widening. No, they'd come to hunt him, but he thought something different. And, they'd helped him, no matter how cruel or unreasonable he was. No matter how he attacked the human, both of them had been calm and understanding, and more that willing to help him fight. It fell back to that fact again. They didn't try to restrain him, or handle everything themselves. They trusted him to help, to fight on his own, and treated him as an equal as well. And only after he wasn't able to handle it by himself did they step in to attack his target. It was all so frustrating and confusing. The rough hand passing along his head helped soothe his body, but his mind was in so much turmoil over the choice.

Leona looked to jolteon, unsure of what to make. The pokemon had understood her right? She wasn't quite sure what was going on. The yellow creature's position on the ground told her they weren't done here yet. Or at the very least, there wasn't a sure decision. The vaporeon wasn't trying to walk away, but he hadn't said yes, right? It was hard to tell, but she gathered that much from how Jolteon looked up at her. It wasn't confirmation in her eyes, it was something else. Not negativity just... patience. So, they were discussing, maybe? From the continuing sounds, perhaps that was correct. She continued petting both of them, though she wasn't sure what else she could do.

Well, either way, surely he needed some food. They could all use a little snack, after all that. Her injuries were stinging, but the blood was started to clot, she felt. Either way, she'd need to keep her energy up until they were in the clear, as would both of these two. She removed her hands, Neptune not liking the petting having stopped but voicing no complaint, and dig in her bag again. She had some jerky, some dried meat they were already planning to eat for the day. Having a third to feed would mean less for both of them, but it was a necessary sacrifice. She pulled out the jerky and tore at it, breaking it down into three piles. Once they were about even, she moved them around.

To make sure the vaporeon understood it, she moved the first pile to the jolteon, who immediately albeit slowly starting munching on the food. Then, with the example given, she moved the second stack to Neptune. He sniffed at it and hesitated, re-positioning himself to eat a little more easily. When he started, pulling the first bits of meat into his mouth and chewing, she gently placed a hand on his head once more, rubbing lightly at his smooth scales. "You don't have to come with us, I hope you know that. But that girl won't stop looking, I'm fairly certain. If you come with us, we'll get out of here right away. I've heard of this place, they call it the Rolling Mountains. I've been meaning to go there, which would take us far away from this place. From her. You could come with us, and she'd never be able to track you down. And then you would be free. From her and from anyone. We can help you grow. the three of us would hunt and become strong together." Her voice was soft, shaky. She was uncertain and awkward about the things she was saying.

Neptune wasn't sure how he felt about it still. But her words were... promising. He understood them pretty well, not knowing every word but able to interpret her meaning.

"Most importantly, if you came with us, I would make sure no one trapped you ever again. You can be your own, and we'll be our own. And if one day you want to leave, we'll set you up as well as we can and say our farewells. Because this is your life, and you deserve to live it the way you want."

Jolteon - female
100% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 01:19 PM

Admin

befriending roll!
I have to admit I'm a little sad there wasn't more to the second befriening attempt, but I can totally understand running out of steam/ideas since you put so much great content into the first befriending attempt. (And maybe I'm just addicted to reading your writing. xD) The befriending chance will be the same (65) and RNG says... 42! Leona gets the Vaporeon! He'll start with 12% loyalty. He's still definitely not sold on humans, and being dependent on a human, but he's for sure realized that Leona is much better than most humans and so he's not likely to turn against her.

Feel free to wrap this up however you like. I'll go add the Vape to Leona's index~

I'm also taking out the potion used now rather than later, so I don't forget about it.

@Kaien

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kaien
 Posted: Jul 24 2018, 11:12 AM

Admin

1004 words - FINALLY IT'S OVER
This human was just so... weird. She defied what humans were like from his experience. She defied everything they seemed to stand for. It was certainly a mystery what her true intentions were. But, if one thing was clear, it was that she could have done worse if she truly wanted. She could have bound him in a device, or trapped him while he was unable to move in order to take him back. They both had the opportunity to keep him from escaping them, but were clearly not taking it. It really was as if they were leaving the choice up to him, and offer that he felt had to be laced with some sort of ulterior motive. There had to be some driving factor behind it.

As it stood though, her words were... comforting. It was true that if she left him, the human that raised him could just send others after him. And if these two had found him, there was no telling how many others could follow. Having someone to have his back was certainly a wonderful concept, but he couldn't possibly trust this human. Nor her partner, who apparently chose to simply follow this human and wasn't forced into this life. That still remained to be seen. He could always go with them for a while to see, but that was a dangerous prospect in itself.

But he supposed it was dangerous and potentially deadly either way. And at least he had something to go on here, with them leaving him to think and make a decision. The three of them snacked on what Leona put out, the vaporeon enjoying the food. He had been so busy exploring that he hadn't really found anything to eat, so having food to eat now was an amazing thing. His teeth tore and chewed fervently at the meat, his body happy to have some sustenance. The jolteon was just as enthusiastic, though not quite for the same reasons. She seemed to find it funny that he was going at the meat so aggressively though. To her, it was almost like he was trying to make up for his pampered life by pretending to be fierce while eating.

The growls while he ate were a little entertaining to Leona as well.

There was a period of silence while they ate, the trio simply glad for the moment to recuperate and simply enjoy their snack. But the hunter was well aware they couldn't stick around in one spot for too long. They needed to get moving, with or without Neptune. She hoped the fox would come with them, for the sake on ensuring he would be free from that lunatic, but she wasn't about to force him along. He needed to make the decision for himself. If he came, they could help him stay free. If not, his fate was his own, and there was nothing they could do about it.

With a final pat on the creature's head, she stared at his eyes for a moment, wondering what the pokemon was thinking. She broke it off after a few seconds, making sure her bag was repacked and standing up. Looking around at the sleeping pups, she realized that most of them would likely recover, though one of them took an awful lot of cuts and might not make it. She wasn't about to help them recover to attack them once more, but she didn't really want to kill them either. Deciding that the canine didn't have enough deep cuts for it to be fatal, she elected to leave all of them be and continue on. And by on, she meant out of this forest. Finally.

She motioned to the jolteon, who looked up and slowly got to her feet. She wanted some rest, but the blood in the air wasn't a good spot to sit still. Knowing that and looking to the vaporeon, she spoke once more. "Alright, we're leaving. You coming or staying?" She didn't exactly know where their travels would take them next, but honestly she just wanted to find a nice place to take a nap. If the water-type wanted to come along, the more the merrier. Right now she was much to tired to play, but later she'd certainly want another buddy to mess with. And race, of course, though the vaporeon wasn't as fast as her, so it wouldn't really be much of a contest. And hey, having a pokemon to actually talk to might be a nice change in pace.

Neptune was still very uncertain of what this potential arrangement could end up like, but he'd made his decision by this point. The woman waved as she turned to leave, and the vaporeon got to his feet. He padded a couple steps in their direction, speaking as he pushed through the aching in his legs. "I'm not coming with you. But perhaps we'll be going in the same direction for a while or something." He was fully planning on sticking with these two for his own safety and curiosity, wondering what this kind of partnership was really like. But they didn't need to know that. He wanted them to know he was ready to bolt whenever the mood struck him, because he was. He wasn't committed to them, but arguably they were his best option - for now.

The jolteon snickered, turning towards Leona as she spoke. "That's fine by me. Do whatever you want. That's what I plan on doing too." The electric-type caught up to the woman, and the water-type was close behind. Leona spared a glance, seeing that he was indeed following them. With them so tired, their pace was slow as they pushed forward, and it was likely they'd simply find a place nearby to stop and rest for a bit. But, as the corners of her lips tugged up, she realized she was glad the pokemon was making the decision to accompany them of his own free will.

Jolteon - female
100% Health

[ wake up...
...we never spoke ]

--------------------

PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Aug 6 2018, 11:04 PM

Admin

topic closed
▲▲ +50 tokens for completing a topic
▲▲ +50 tokens for 5 posts above 1k
▲▲ +1 Vaporeon!
▲▲ +5% combat skill EXP
▲▲ +5 EXP to Jolteon
▲▲ +10 EXP to Vaporeon

▼▼ x1 potion

Finallyyyyyy~ Vape get!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp SAHVOT
skin by bonbon.