Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in tempers. Beta and Omega are finally in direct conflict, click here to keep up on it. If your character is part of either side, the expedition & pursuit thread has all the details. And don't forget, our Player Appreciation and the short stories lore contest both end at the end of August!

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Closed
New Poll

Hopefully a Lucky Trade, [NPC Trade]
Rixie
 Posted: May 14 2018, 10:56 PM

Lore

Avery was hard to miss as he walked through the marketplace, examining rickety stalls and the wares being sold, peering into windows of more permanent shops. His lip curled up in disgusted disappointment. Who even sold held items? While travel goods and pokeballs and healing supplies were always great, and in demand, today he needed something a bit more special.

Beta had told him of a device that would allow his Pokémon to grow stronger faster. And as Avery’s number of Pokémon grew, his ability to focus on training all of them at once diminished. Anything to boost what he could do would be a relief.

Carnation padded behind him, sniffing the air and keeping a keen watch for any trouble — not that it was likely to come to the giant of a man.

Avery finally found a small, dusty-looking shop that had rows of carefully managed items. He entered and wordlessly tipped his head in a polite, cool nod before getting right down to business, "Do you have a Lucky Egg?" He pulled a set of Protective Pads out of the large leather pack on his shoulders, along with a token pouch, and set them down on the counter pointedly.

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: May 21 2018, 07:25 AM

Admin

@Rixie

A deep, peaceful sigh released as the sun beat down outside the awning of the little shop. It was carefully constructed to allow the customers and shop-keep an escape from the heat, though the man was certainly glad for the heat. Though it had been weeks now since Winter had ended, his old bones never seemed to get over the feeling from the chill weather until summer came 'round. Deep wrinkles set into a flat face, nose turned down as if rounding with the rest of his face. Withered, thin hair sat neatly atop his head as he tended to the products he would normally sell.

When the towering man enter, the pup in his own eyes, the man knew immediately who it was. Having lived in Crater City ever since it was founded, he was aware of all important people in the city. As expected, Avery was no-nonsense and to the point. The man nodded. "Afternoon Ambassador. I'll check and see what I have in stock." He did not inspect what was placed on the counter - After all, he had absolutley no concerns that the man would be able to pay. He shuffled through the stock beneath the counter, grumbling a bit as he sifted through to see if anything was hiding. Once he rose again, he wore an apologetic expression, with a hint of sadness - at the knowledge that he wouldn't be making the sale. "Very sorry, but I don't have any of those left in stock. If I find another, you'll be the first to know." He nodded his head respectfully to the man. Though he was more than willing to sell anything that he had for sale, he imagined the man would be leaving to take his search elsewhere.

PM
^
Rixie
 Posted: May 21 2018, 04:40 PM

Lore

Avery was pleased with the man’s unspoken trust of him. To him, it was an affirmation that never grew old. Even a mountain wanted to know it was receiving what it tried so hard to earn. Carnation closely watched the man rummaging and muttering and stuck close to Avery’s side.

The old man came up empty, though. Avery rumbled, “I see. That is unfortunate. If I don’t find one today, I’ll be sure to come back in a while.” He ducked his head and turned away, looking up and down the street. Before he started walking though, he hesitated. The man’s shop was rather cool, which would be a boon in the summer, but Avery noticed the sigh that escaped his lips as he looked out at the warm spring sun outside the shop. Without looking at the him, he finally asked, “By the way, old man... do you have a fireplace? Are you sufficiently warm today? If you have a fireplace or a pot of water to boil, my Ninetales could easily start up a flame for you now.” If the old man declined the offer, Avery would give a curt nod. If he accepted, Avery and Carnation would follow the man and Carnation would blow an easy stream of Ember into... wherever the man told him to. Then Avery would check the flame for heat before turning away and heading out of the shop. Either way, he would be silent; a small nod of acknowledgment would be the most he would offer.

With that, the man and his Ninetales continued on their search for another shop selling useful items and trinkets.

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: May 22 2018, 09:51 AM

Admin

@Rixie

The elderly man nodded as Avery spoke, looking to leave and potentially return if he was unable to find that which he was seeking. It was unfortunate that he wasn't able to provide the item, so he'd have to check around his suppliers and see if he could get his hands on one quickly. Favor with the ambassador was valuable and rare to obtain for a merchant, after all. He was caught a bit off-guard as the man turned back and offered assitance with heat, however he settled into a soft smile as he replied. "I appreciate the offer, but I'll be fine. I have a fire-type of m'own resting back at home. She keeps me very warm at night. Besides, I wouldn't want to trouble you. Best of luck in your search." It warmed him that the man was thoughtful about the situation.

The next stand he found would be run by a young woman, who looked up at the tall man as he approached. "Welcome!" She got the one word off before he was laying the items on the counter, stating what he was looking for. Certainly not a conversationalist. She knew the officials of this city, and therefore knew of Avery. He wanted something a little rarer, and had something pretty rare to exchange for it. That was a great deal! First, she went into her stocks and found the item he was looking for, pulling out an egg-shaped stone and placing it carefully on the table. It had been cleaned and polished for the next buyer.

Then, she inspected the protective pads for a couple moments, to see if it was a fair trade with or without money. Running her fingers over the pads, the fabric, testing the flexibility very slightly so as not to damage but get a good idea of the quality, she took in the details. After all, a lucky egg was quite a mysterious and powerful item to have for training pokemon. But these seemed to be really good as well. She set the pads down. "I think it's a fair trade - the pads for the egg. What do you say?"

PM
^
Rixie
 Posted: May 23 2018, 01:40 PM

Lore

Avery watched her as she tested the quality of the pads. She was meticulous, which he appreciated greatly. That kind of attention to detail would serve her well, both in her profession and in life. He waited patiently, not wanting her to rush or feel like she was being pushed into a trade.

When she offered the Lucky Egg for the Protective Pads, without even requesting any additional tokens, Avery hesitated for a second. Well, if she thought it was fair... he was hardly about to complain. ”That will do quite nicely. You have a deal.” He scooped up the egg, dwarfing it in his large hand, and reclaimed his token pouch. As he turned away to leave, he spoke again, ”I’ll be sure to return if I ever have need for another trade.” With that, the enormous man waded back into the street and made his way towards the training grounds.

--------------------
PM
^
Kaien
 Posted: May 23 2018, 02:18 PM

Admin

topic closed
▲▲ x1 lucky egg

▼▼ x1 protective pads

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp SAHVOT
skin by bonbon.