Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in conflict. Beta is asking for spies to infiltrate Omega's camp, while Dentelle simply wants to inquire after the scientist's progress. Later in the season, Beta is hosting his annual crater city tournament, where people can test their Pokemon and their leadership and strategies against one another.

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Mod
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Add Reply
New Poll

Dangerous Woman, I'm locked and loaded [Quest]
Amissa
 Posted: May 31 2018, 03:55 AM

Player

Dear Diary,

I caught a glimpse of Destiny's little daughter on the plains this morning. I suppose I don't know it's hers. I'm sure there are other deerling on the plains, and I can't even be sure that she survived. I felt guilty leaving her egg there in the grass of the plain, but I couldn't bear to have it hatch on the farm. What kind of life would that be? It'd be safe on the farm, sure, but that's all the life it would ever know. It would probably be raised to pull carts and plow fields, and it would never know a life of true freedom. I didn't want Destiny's fawn to feel as trapped as I do, and I think she understood. So when I saw the deerling on the plain, maybe I was just imagining it was hers to ease the guilt. She even found her own little herd, but not of other deerling. They might have been a little similar, but the other pokemon of the herd were yellow and black with long necks and a tail that looked like a tiny second head. If I still had my pokedex, I'd be able to identify them for sure but there doesn't appear to be many records of such pokemon that I can locate. I hope it was her fawn. I hope she lives a long happy life with this strange herd and never comes near this city again.

I woudn't want to bring a baby into this world even in this city that I'm told is so compassionate and organized. I wouldn't want to, but it seems that I don't have much choice. As my time comes nearer, I can feel the baby moving and kicking inside me, and I feel such overwhelming fear. I wish I could set you free, but I'm worried I won't be there to help you. You'll have to do it yourself.

--Summer Sharp

Soren had taken to reading his mother's diary whenever he was on breaks or before he went to bed. He had to be careful about it, if he didn't want anyone to see it and begin asking him questions. Books weren't common, certainly not books like Summer's from the suffering universe. The season of summer had reached its peak and days were now uncomfortably warm. Today, Soren was taking his lunch beneath the shade of a plum tree in the city's farming district. Since most of his deliveries were from the working districts of Crater City where the workers lived into to inner portions of the city to the citizens of higher rank, this seemed a good place to take a short rest. The tree was done blossoming, and the branches were now heavy with ripe purple fruits.

Trees weren't common in Crater City or in the Lion's Plain in general, so Soren's shady spot was pretty valuable real estate. He might have been forced out of it by a stronger or bossier worker child if he wasn't accompanied by his pokemon, Genesis. Genesis was herself as large as Soren and she particularly loved trees. She loved their fruit, blossoms, leaves, and even some of the stems. Normally Soren would discourage the destruction of a precious tree, but he figured that a little pruning was good now and then so he didn't stop her munching on the lower branches. Most importantly, she was blocking the view of him to people passing by on the street and allowing him the privacy to read as he finished up his lunch.

They were disrupted from their peaceful respite when a commotion came from one of the nearby farms. It wasn't a neigh or a whinny, but something like a roar. It was a sound that chilled the core of anyone that heard it and left no doubt that the pokemon making it was either in great distress or she was ready for a fight. Soren only had time to look up and meet Genesis's gaze as the ground beneath them rumbled and shook. People around them were yelling and running away, and Soren quickly put his things back into his bag as he got to his feet and looked around for the source of the disturbance.

"Get back! Get back! She might use magnitude again!" One branded worker yelled as he waved several others away. He tried to escape himself, but he was limping. Whatever had just caused the ground the shake had probably caused his injury, and the source of the shaking could be clearly seen behind him. A huge mudsdale stood on the path leading out from the stables and onto the road. She was hooked to a cart, but that didn't last long. The draft horse pokemon arched her back in the same way Soren had seen Genesis do in battle. Then, she released a brutal kick using both of her back hooves, snapping the leather harness and shattering the wooden cart behind her with a deafening CRACK!

"Oh no," Soren practically whimpered and pressed himself against Genesis, clearly distressed and worried for the branded workers that were still in the field and within range of the mudsdale's attack. It was obvious to Genesis that he was afraid of the beast, which was why she was so surprised when he began walking towards it. Soren tugged at the lead rope attached to her halter when she didn't follow. "Come on, Genesis! We have to help them!"

Well just what do you expect me to do against that?! The girafarig thought. There was no way she could last in combat with an opponent that powerful. It wasn't that she couldn't sympathize with the poor pokemon. Genesis knew well the frustration of being attached to a cart and expected to haul this and that. There was a part of her heart cheering the mudsdale on. There was another part of her that was genuinely curious about what was going on and what the humans intended to do about it. How did they normally handle such outbursts from pokemon declaring that enough was simply too much?

The curiosity was too much for her. She had to know. Thus, she followed after Soren while keeping a wary eye on the mudsdale in case it did decide to turn on them. The young trainer and his pokemon would try to avoid coming near enough to the angry pokemon to provoke its attack, but he wanted to help any injured people get to safety.

@Jani

----------------------------

Mudsdale uses Magnitude and then it uses Double Kick
user posted image
Health: ??? Status: Enraged
Not targeting anything in particular, but she'll definitely attack anyone who gets too close
RIP cart

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 11:05 PM

Admin

Dangerous
Woman
[not-ice egg: 15]

Cynth didn't often do deliveries. Most of Mrs. Mitja's customers came directly to her shop to purchase the potions, balms, and elixirs that the healer and apothecary crafted and sold. Sometimes, though, they paid for something in advance and asked for it to be brought to them. Cynth was happy to oblige on behalf of Mrs. Mitja, taking a basket full of medicinal items around the city. Each clay jar or pot in the basket was carefully wrapped in cloth in order to keep them from shifting and bumping, cracking and breaking. It wouldn't do to have one of the potions break and leak out, laying waste to the ingredients that they had grown and harvested and the time that they had put into crafting the ingredients into a proper medicine.

Setting out, Cynth originally had four separate houses to deliver to. It had taken her only an hour to trek across all of Crater and find each house; luckily for her, she had been doing this for many months, and it was almost always the same few customers that ordered from Mrs. Mitja and had the goods delivered. As such, she was becoming quite proficient at this.

Now, the young woman was on her way back from the northernmost reaches of Crater, having to trek all the way down through the city to the southernmost section of the city, where Mrs. Mitja's shop was. Typically, all of her Pokemon stayed at home (except for Trick, who stayed out on the plains), with the exception of Avis, who was a fantastically clingy little baby, and constantly demanded to be with her, even when he was sleeping. Today, Imp and Indie were at home as per usual, and Avis was with her, sleeping while nestled into the armpit of her cardigan- which she had to wear constantly now, despite how hot it got every day, because it was Avis's preferred sleeping location. Somewhat unusually, Trick was with her, as well as the egg.

The egg was close to hatching, as evidenced by the near-constant wiggling that it did, so Cynth had gotten into the habit of taking the yet-unborn baby everywhere with her, typically keeping it strapped down in a bag that hung around her neck and settled on her stomach. Trick... well, she wasn't entirely sure why Trick had decided to accompany her today, but then again, she often didn't understand Trick's actions. As of late, he had been spending more and more time with her, however. She wasn't sure what had triggered this change, but she appreciated his company, despite how cantankerous he could be.

Today, however, it didn't seem like Trick was the most cantankerous equine that was out and about in the city. Distant shouting was the first sign that something was going on, and then there was a loud crack. Cynth tried to guess at what had happened, but nothing came to her mind. After sharing a look with Trick, the two of them rushed forward toward the sound, side-by-side, to see what was going on.

A Mudsdale stood amidst wooden debris and overturned dirt, attached to what appeared to be the remnants of a wooden cart. Cynth recognized this big work horse- it was the one that she and Trick had worked alongside when they helped Joshua in all of Beta's various construction projects. This horse was the one that had, somehow, despite all odds and expectations, convinced Trick to take a harness and pull a cart. It was the most miraculous thing that Cynth had ever witnessed with her own two eyes.

But now, something was wrong. Judging by how everyone in the area was murmuring and standing around a great distance away from the horse, the Mudsdale was the cause of the destruction that was all around her. But what could cause her to act out in such a way? She had been the perfect worker all those months ago when they had worked together. Even when Trick had gotten on her nerves, she never physically lashed out. Something must have seriously hurt or upset her here.

Cynth gave Trick another look. This look was stern, a silent warning not to cause trouble.

She moved forward, moving quickly for a woman with one leg and a crutch. She didn't want to get too close- especially since the movement apparently caught the Mudsdale's attention, and she had turned to glare in the direction of herself and Trick. Not that Cynth really blamed the mare. She and Trick had not gotten along the last time they met.

So even though she wanted to approach the Mudsdale and see if she could figure out what was wrong with the poor Pokemon, Cynth paused her advance and instead cast her eyes about for a certain human, wondering if she could still recognize the supervisor that she knew was the Mudsdale's trainer. She didn't find the person she was looking for, but she did see a young boy and an unusual looking Pokemon starting to approach. She decided to start there, wondering if they knew anything. No one else was daring to get any closer to the Mudsdale.

Cynth waved them down, and then grabbed her crutch and moved over so that she could converse with them instead of shouting across the distance to them- given the tenseness of this situation, shouting seemed like a poor idea. Since she had no idea what was wrong with the angry Pokemon, she similarly had no idea what might trigger another tantrum. And triggering another tantrum in a Pokemon as huge and powerful as this Mudsdale was definitely not something that was on her to-do list. Trick seemed to step lightly as well, though he kept himself on her right side, between herself and the glowering Mudsdale.

"Hey, do you know what's going on here? Do you know what's wrong with her?" She tried to keep her tone friendly, given that she was just meeting this young person and didn't want to sour that meeting with her anxiety, but she couldn't keep the concern from her voice. She assumed he felt the same way as her, though. She could tell by the look in the boy's eyes that he was worried, too. Perhaps he knew the Mudsdale?

Count 1046
user posted image #fcecb6 user posted image #402d26 user posted image #772229
user posted image #8884FF

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Amissa
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 05:43 AM

Player

"No," Soren replied as soon as he realized someone was talking to him. He looked up and towards the voice, his dark eyes landing on face of a pretty young woman. The first thing he noticed was the pokemon at her side. The cream colored equine with a fiery mane was rare, like the girafarig Soren was friends with. However, while Genesis was the first of her kind that Soren had ever seen or even heard of, almost anyone could identify a ponyta. Rapidash, the evolved form of ponyta, were the steed of choice for every fairy tale hero. Ponyta were highly valued by those who bred mount pokemon for their beauty, endurance, and jumping abilities. Every so often, someone would report seeing a ponyta running across the plains or near the rolling mountains.

Judging by proximity alone, Soren would assume the ponyta belonged to this woman. He stayed on the right side of her, which Soren soon realized was...incomplete. His stomach did a little flip when he realized that part of her right arm and the entire right foot were simply missing. Soren averted his eyes and blushed as if he'd just seen something he shouldn't have, but there was no way the woman could have missed his alarmed expression as he looked at her. Genesis was less subtle and pushed past Soren to get a closer look at the woman.

"An amputee! How extraordinarily lucky! We all suspected that humans might be capable of surviving severe injuries with the help of their herd, and here is the proof. But why does the herd keep her around? She doesn't appear to be significant, and surely humans wouldn't keep a pokemon with such drastic injuries," Genesis hummed to herself, sniffing at the woman's injured arm to see if she could catch a whiff of human-made medicine. If the woman didn't move away from her, Genesis would even try to lick the stump.

"Genesis likes you," Soren declared as he tried ineffectively to push the girafarig away from the lady with one hand on the girafarig's chest. "Genesis, not now. We don't have the time..." Soren's thought was cut off by another roar from the mudsdale. Soren looked over at her and froze when he saw her eyes were solidly watching them. Most of the workers had already fled to a safe distance by now, and she showed no inclination to chase anyone at least. She pawed the ground with her front hoof in agitation.

@Jani

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 11:37 PM

Admin

Dangerous
Woman
[not-ice egg: 19]

"Hm," was Cynth's only initial reply when the boy admitted to no knowledge of what was going on. She was thinking of what to say or do next when the boy's companion made a friendly exclamation and approached her, sniffing at her severed arm, where the sleeve of her cardigan was tied in a knot to keep the excess material from catching on anything or otherwise getting in the way. Cynth held out the arm for easier inspection. She hadn't paid much attention when the boy's face reddened upon seeing the missing limb- she was used to a myriad of reactions, and the boy's reaction certainly wasn't out of malice or anything of the sort, so she paid it no mind.

Trick's ears twitched backward when Genesis stretched forward to investigate his human, threatening to flatten against his skull in a clear negative expression. He didn't exactly begrudge the other creature's curiosity, but Cynth was his human and he didn't appreciate her being approached so suddenly. But the Girafarig's intentions seemed pure, so he relaxed himself somewhat. He grunted in response to her exclamations, before responding, "When I first met her, I assumed she would die quickly. As I was taught, a lame horse is a dead horse. But she is stalwart in spirit, and pure in heart, and unexpectedly wise. She is a good and natural leader. Many strong humans and Pokemon are drawn to her because they wish to assist her, and she assists them in turn, and thus they become her allies and followers. Many weak humans and Pokemon are drawn to her also, and she teaches them and helps them become strong, and thus they, too, become her allies and followers."

The Ponyta's poetic answer might not have been precisely what Genesis was looking for, but it was all she was going to get from him at that moment, because as Soren said, there were more pressing matters to attend to.

Cynth smiled a sincere smile as Soren informed her that Genesis, as was apparently this creatures name, liked her. She certainly returned the sentiment- this long-necked equine was adorable, and so friendly! But as Soren's follow-up statement reinforced, this was not the best time for small talk and building friendships.

"I've seen this Mudsdale before. Trick and I worked with her to move bricks during the early parts of Beta's construction and improvements in Crater. It was just this last Autumn. She didn't seem like an easily irritated Pokemon, so... I think something must be wrong. She must be hurting or something." Cynth returned the conversation to the issue at hand, turning to examine the Mudsdale mostly out of the corner of her eyes, not wanting to stare too directly at the angered creature. Cynth, too, was unnerved by the ground-types stare in their direction, which was only interrupted by the occasional rolling of the eyes, the whites of the equine's wide eyes flashing, a clear sign of irritation or distress.

"Maybe someone else knows what's wrong with her." Cynth was still casting her eyes about for the supervisor that she knew was this Pokemon's trainer, but she wasn't having any luck yet. Perhaps one of the people that had left the scene was going to fetch the supervisor... Still, even if the Pokemon's trainer wasn't here, one of the others that had been working with the Mudsdale might have an idea. It was probably worth a try, anyway.

Count 575
user posted image #fcecb6 user posted image #402d26 user posted image #772229
user posted image #8884FF

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Amissa
 Posted: Today at 01:12 am

Player

Genesis noted Trick's body language, his discomfort at her abrupt approach, but she highly doubted that he feared her. Such a reaction would be illogical. She was a herbivore, just as he was, and she had no motivation to engage him in combat at any time, least of all with the looming threat of a much more powerful pokemon nearby. It was much more reasonable for him to behave protectively over the crippled human, which she assumed must be at least as frail as ordinary humans. He spoke well of her, however, which was interesting in itself. It appeared that he'd been with this human for long enough to know her. Genesis was very interested in this human and ponyta both, but she'd need to study them more closely at a more opportune time.

"Mudsdale are normally stoic, reliable pokemon. You're right, they're not easily irritated. They're not fast runners like your ponyta, but they're ideal for carrying heavy loads for long distances. Ordinarily, mudsdale are calm, patient, but powerful," Soren said. He hadn't worked with this particular mudsdale before, but he knew a great deal about the species in general. "I don't work here, but I think I may be able to help. On the farm where I live, we keep mudbray. Mudbray evolve into mudsdale, so they have a lot in common. I think the workers went over this way. It might be best if we give her some space for now anyway. Sometimes a pokemon might just want to be left alone. Genesis gets like that sometimes. I mean, sometimes she wants to be alone. Not that she breaks carts or maims people..." Soren ended awkwardly.

He moved over to Cynth's uninjured side and gave her a shy but surprisingly disarming smile. If she let him, he'd take her hand in his smaller one. It wasn't that she seemed to need his support. Cynth appeared to manage okay on her own, but Soren was being a little extra sweet to make up for his unpleasant reaction earlier. "My name is Soren, and my girafarig is Genesis. What's your name?" He'd walk beside her over to where the other workers were gathered, examining and tending to their injuries while they watched the mudsdale from what they believed was a safe distance. Genesis would take a place beside Soren, so that the two humans would be protected on one side by Trick and by Genesis on the other. Even if they moved away, Genesis's back head would keep a watch on the mudsdale so that Genesis could give a warning if it charged at them.

@Jani

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp Pokefalls Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.