Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in tempers. Beta and Omega are finally in direct conflict, click here to keep up on it. If your character is part of either side, the expedition & pursuit thread has all the details. And don't forget, our Player Appreciation and the short stories lore contest both end at the end of August!

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Add Reply
New Poll

I Love Mimikyu
Kenos
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 03:26 PM

Player

I love Mimikyu so much, but one thing I've always had an issue was that it only disguises itself as Pikachu in the games (and even hatches with the Pikachu get-up, though I understand why).

I would love to have Mimikyu in Terrene to be able to have costumes as other Pokemon. In the first place, I don't think Terrene would have the same marketing craze for Pikachu as the Suffering Universe did.

I noticed that Mimikyu are rare in Terrene, so I like to think that in the wild, they disguise themselves as whatever species are common in a given area, in an effort to blend in for social and/or survival purposes. Around human settlements, I imagine that they would dress up as Pikachu and other cute Pokemon they notice garner a lot of attention/help from the humans.

Or, alternatively, since Ghosts in Terrene are actually spirits of humans and Pokemon, a Mimikyu might make a costume that resembled its previous appearance (or, in the case of humans, a Pokemon that had been close to them), in order to retain some semblance of identity before their memories disappear.

In my opinion, I think this makes a lot more sense than how they are in the games, and would bring a lot more fun, individuality, and creativity to the Pokemon! But let me know your thoughts on this!

EDIT: If you aren't convinced of how amazing this would be please take a quick peek at this link

ijustlovemimikyusomuch

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 03:32 PM

Mod

Yeah i hate that it only mocks pikachu, but i think that's cause it wants to be loved as much as pikachu. and in alola pikachu is very popular and loved. so for mimikyu to want to mimic other pokemon, it would have to be something that is popular in terrene.

so far it seems like rockruff or mareep xD

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 05:54 PM

Admin

I'd actually love for Mimikyu to have other disguises. The limiting factor, however, would be all the custom sprites that we'd need to make. xD Basically, as soon as we have someone who can customize Mimikyu sprites, we absolutely can have Mimikyu that disguise themselves as Pokemon aside from Pikachu.

Perhaps Pokemon that trainers tend to hoard in groups- Mareep, Pidgey, etc?

For now we might say that they're going a lot off of their old instincts. Pikachu was who they used to constantly disguise as, and it's who they see all the other Mimikyu being disguised as, so they haven't figured out that they can/should change it up.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp SAHVOT
skin by bonbon.