Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in conflict. Beta is asking for spies to infiltrate Omega's camp, while Dentelle simply wants to inquire after the scientist's progress. Later in the season, Beta is hosting his annual crater city tournament, where people can test their Pokemon and their leadership and strategies against one another.

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Written in the Stars, I needed a change [Adventure][Swarm]
Amissa
 Posted: Jun 28 2018, 02:19 AM

Player

[[Can we please spawn a zigzagoon from the swarm? Along with anything else you'd like to hit us with, of course.]]

The Lion's Plain stretches before me, and I can't keep from staring at the sheer wonder of it. Destiny frolicks through the long grass, her summer coat a verdant green with a healthy shine that reflects the sunlight beaming down on us from above. The meadow is blooming with plants I don't know the name for, but they appear like a riot of colors to my eyes. Bright yellows, deep purples, innocent looking whites, and reds like a fresh wound.

The brand on my forehead aches. I'm told the pain will fade quickly, but the soreness of my dignity is proving harder to heal. I think about it all the time, the fear that I felt and the helplessness. I screamed for my mother in that moment, though I couldn't remember her face my instincts told me she would save me. She of all people would find me and rescue me, but even my own instincts have betrayed me. I know now that I have no mother, no father, no anyone, no anything. All I have is Destiny.

Perhaps that's why I come out the the plain, because those people who branded me told me I shouldn't go. I couldn't stand to miss out on this great natural splendor because of someone else's fear. I had a mother once, and a father to according to this diary. I don't believe they would have wanted me to hide behind walls my whole life. I think they would have wanted me to grow to become the best that I could be. I think they'd want me to be fearless.

--Summer Sharp

Soren and Genesis were growing better and better at doing deliveries. As Genesis grew stronger, it became easier to pull the carts. As she learned the routes, Soren barely had to lead her. Soren wasn't very big or strong, but customers rarely complained about having to help him lift the heavier parcels after he'd charmed them with his pleasant manners and positive attitude. As Soren and his pokemon improved, they were also able to work better as a team. Genesis was learning human language and found that she could even connect with Soren's mind, though it was difficult and tiring so she didn't do it often. All of this allowed them to finish their work faster, which freed up more time for Soren to meet Ambassador Avery for training whenever the man was available. When Soren wasn't running off to meet the ambassador, he tried to make time to help his friend Jillian with reading lessons.

Jillian and Soren met when she came to help on his farm one day, but they found it difficult to practice reading in Soren's home. The farmhouse was never empty, and even hiding in the barn wasn't enough to save them from interruption. Taavi, the youngest member of the household was usually the culprit. He was also learning to read, and he loved nothing more in the world that being read to and practicing letters with Soren and Jillian. However, he had a short attentions span, and he often became loud and disruptive. Besides that, Soren got the feeling that Jillian didn't want to share her reading lessons with a toddler. Maybe it made her feel stupid, or maybe she just didn't care for noisy children.

Reading lessons over at Jillian's home didn't end much better. Like Soren's home, hers was also crowded. Though there weren't any small children like Taavi to disrupt them, she did have some noisy and nosy individuals there too. The more the two thought over their options, the more they realized that there was no real place inside Crater City where they would be guaranteed peace enough to practice reading and writing. They didn't have a lot to work with as far as reading materials either. Soren saved the written instructions that he was given each morning as he left for his deliveries which had street names, addresses, and names of people who lived in the city. Jillian also had her own book that came with her from the other world and her pokedex. Today Soren also had a book that he'd borrowed from the ambassador's mother, Rachel Aster. It was very simple and clearly geared for children. It looked as if it was written and illustrated by Rachel herself. Each page had a letter, and for each letter the name of one or more flowers was written beside it.

A is for Aster which blooms like a star.
And amaranth is for eternity
May your life take you far
Amaryllis for pride
Anemones for fair winds
Anthurium makes air clean
And next B begins.

"Rachel is one of Beta's generals. Weird that I've met her, but I've never met Beta. I wonder who delivers to him? I mean, even he has to eat." Soren sat beside Jillian. They were using a stick to write in the dirt until they could obtain other means to practice writing. Genesis, Soren's girafarig, laid just behind her trainer with her legs folded neatly beneath her. She'd grown taller since Soren first caught her, and she rested her chin atop Soren's head so that she could see the letters too. She was as interested in learning human written language as she was in learning the verbal stuff. If Jillian could learn, then certainly Genesis thought she could too.

Soren's other pokemon was a mareep lamb named Nimbus, and he was nearby frolicking in the long grass with Jillian's pokemon. They didn't go onto the plain ever, so this was a fun new experience for all of them. Soren figured it was safe enough since he was with Jillian, and she was an adult with pokemon of her own. Between the two of them, surely they could protect each other. The longer summer days allowed them more daylight to study by, but the light was now beginning to fade.

"It might be easier to read if I make a fire. I have a firestarter. Actually, I have a tent too! If you want, we can stay out here and study all night," Soren suggested hopefully. Jillian would probably say no. Grown ups were always telling him how dangerous it was outside the city walls and how he should never leave, but Soren was too happy just reading and enjoying the unfamiliar sounds and smells of the plain surrounding him to want to leave already. Even finishing his work as fast as possible, it still felt like he and Jillian barely had any time to really make progress.

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Jun 28 2018, 11:38 PM

Temp

Written in the stars
Losing the ability to read was a real inconvenience. Jillian was certain that she had lost it and not simply never had it, because she had arrived in Terrene with a book - she wouldn't have been carrying it around if she had been unable to make use of it. Aside from the book, there was also her pokedex and the fact that being able to write one thought's down and have them reviewed by others at their leisure would make life much easier. Perhaps she would be assigned a good job, too. Either way, she was determined to fix this malfunction of her own mind.

She was grateful that Soren had agreed to help her. She didn't want to be indebted to a child, but at least they didn't usually ask for anything in return. Most adults she knew wouldn't sacrifice their own free time unless it was in exchange for something. She was getting a rather good deal here, even if it was a little disgraceful to have someone much younger as her teacher. However, in Jillian's situation, she couldn't be picky.

Learning to read was taking many sessions, which was fairly frustrating, but Jillian explained it with her age. If she was a child, her mind would still be open to new experiences and memorizing the shapes of letters wouldn't take so long, she believed. Relearning this mundane ability as an adult proved to be more of a challenge, but she didn't complain. During their classes, she was fully attentive and goal-focused, at least as much as it was possible with all the distractions. The common quarters she shared with workers lacked a proper desk that could be used for studying, as if physical laborers didn't need this kind of luxuries. Besides, the others weren't very considerate of them. They didn't care whether someone wanted some peace and quiet to focus, they still chatted loudly and even if they didn't, someone was always coming in and out. It was hardly the ideal place. Soren had offered his house as well, which had fewer distractions, but the one distraction that did live there was... Intense. Jillian was terrible with children. People weren't happy to hear that others weren't fond of children that were related to them, so she stopped herself from commenting on Taavi, but she didn't appreciate the toddler's company. Fortunately, Soren seemed to prefer studying without his younger sibling as well.

The plains were an ideal place. Jillian's eyes were scanning each letter that made the book as she sat on the ground with her legs crossed and her chin rested on her hands. She analyzed every line that constructed each letter, admiring the handwriting - it was something unique to each person and she aspired to make hers properly presentable, although writing pretty letters took extra time, which she imagined she wouldn't have if she was in a hurry to write down a lot of important information. After she left the tiny details of the handwriting alone, she focused on the bigger picture, reading the lines in her head as fast as she could manage, which wasn't very fast. There were some letters that she kept forgetting the meaning of, which slowed her down until she managed to guess what they could mean from the rest of the word or sentence.

"I wonder. Could anyone address a delivery to him? If so, I would imagine his generals or someone else gets them first so they can test them. Wouldn't want him poisoned or something," she mumbled out an answer without looking away from the book.

Primrose had mixed feelings about this whole reading business. She had picked up on some human language, thanks to always accompanying Jillian everywhere, so she knew what they were doing, more or less, even if the point of it all escaped her. Reading appeared to be all about staring at strange shapes and then there was also writing, which was about producing said shapes... Either way, they were nice and quiet things to do, which suited Jillian perfectly. Primrose liked the calm and quiet atmosphere, but playing with the young Mareep meant she didn't get to enjoy it. Fortunately, Jillian had been letting Mint out to play with the similarly shaped Pokémon.

"Hey, Nimbus! Let's play tag! Catch me! Primrose will be the referee," the Skiddo bleated cheerfully, starting to run off in a random direction without waiting for an answer. Primrose sighed. She wasn't certain why the game of tag required a referee, but at least she wouldn't have to run.

Jillian finally looked away from the book when Soren mentioned camping. Staying outside on the plains at night time was exactly what most Crater citizens considered very dangerous. She didn't usually worry too much about going out here, she knew to be careful with the Pokémon partners she had, but with Soren here... She didn't want him to be trouble. Besides, camping sounded like a game that she didn't necessarily want to be a part of.

"We can always continue another time. Wouldn't your parents worry if you stay outside for the night? I don't expect anything dangerous to happen as long as we act with reason, but I don't want them to hold a grudge against me," she responded, but she didn't move an inch to get up and stop their lesson. She did want to continue, truthfully.

MINT L. 8
100% | 65%
Taaag :D
PRIMROSE L. 7
100% | 60%
Bleh...
HAZEL L. 6
100% | 55%
In pokeball
LITLEO L. 6
100% | 55%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa
CREDITS _TIME AFTER TIME post template created by JAWN of OOC

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 02:20 AM

Player

Soren made a mental note to ask Rachel Aster more about Beta's deliveries. Maybe he could put together a package for Beta. He didn't have access to much, but what person wouldn't like some flowers or some berries? If Beta didn't normally get packages or mail, he must be really lonely.

"Okay! I'm coming to get you," Nimbus bleated almost musically in response to Mint. He bounced after the goat pokemon, having the most fun he'd had in a very long time. The long grass tickled him as he gamboled through the meadow. He was much smaller than Mint though, and it was hard for him to keep up with his shorter legs. That didn't stop him from trying or being optimistic about his chances. He wouldn't stray far from the humans though. He wasn't quite bold enough for that, so he stayed within eyesight of his boy even as he played with Mint.

"Um, well, yeah, my dad would worry," Soren replied a bit awkwardly. He didn't bother correcting Jillian's assumption that he had two living parents. He wasn't looking forward to explaining his mother's absence, and he didn't expect Jillian wanted to discuss it either. "Except he doesn't know we're out here. He knows I'm with you, and I've told him where you live. I've been told not to come out on the plain by myself, but it should be fine since I'm with you and we're both with our pokemon. Daddy usually doesn't get too upset unless I'm not back by morning, but we'd go home by then. I stay out at night kind of often actually." This was true, and it was lucky that Soren wasn't afraid of the dark. It was often the dark of night before Soren started heading home after training with the ambassador or running off on his own adventures after his work was done. The only real difference today was the location, as on all those other times, Soren stayed strictly within the bounds of the city.

However, even tonight they weren't terribly far from the city. They'd only gone far enough out to escape the worst of the noise. They could still see the walls of the city in the distance, so they weren't in any real danger of getting lost. "And besides, we don't know when we'll get another chance. Do you know what jobs you'll be working this week, or how long it will take you to do them?" Soren's schedule was more predictable. Jeremy hadn't come back to deliveries, so Soren was allowed to stay on even after having one day when he suddenly went missing (another subject he didn't really want to bring up with Jillian). "You keep practicing. You're doing really great now. I'll try to make a fire for us," Soren declared, hoping Jillian wouldn't tell him "no". She seemed pretty engrossed in her work, so Soren would let her keep studying.

Soren had some experience building fires, but usually it was done in the comfort and safety of his own home. They had a fireplace that provided the home with heat and they used it to cook their meals. He doubted it would be terribly different on the plain. Soren scouted the area around them, searching for a place that was relatively clear of grass. He didn't want to set the whole meadow up in flames with a stray spark. He wondered if Jillian had a water pokemon to put out any fires that got out of control. It was probably best to just be careful and avoid any accidents. Soren found a suitable spot and arranged a few rocks around it in further effort to contain the fire. Next, he collected some of the surrounding dry grass. He was reminded briefly of the time when he went out on Lion's Plains to capture his first pokemon and he'd found a geodude collecting grass and a yanma who was super irritated by it. He searched the sky briefly just to be sure no yanma were around right now who might take offense to his harmless grass collection, and he wondered whatever happened to that poor geodude.

By now, Genesis realized that Soren was doing something interesting and she left Jillian's side to better investigate his actions. Humans couldn't naturally generate fire like fire type pokemon could, but they were well known for being able to build it out of a few tools and resources. She found Soren's process fascinating, the way he built a circle and filled it with dry grass and twigs. With the heat of summer upon them, there was plenty of tinder available. Once Soren had everything set up, he reached into his bag and pulled out the small wooden case that contained his precious fire starter. Soren obtained the object in his spring pay, which was part of why he wanted to spend a night outside on the plain. He wanted to practice making a fire and putting up a tent. After all, wasn't it the philosophy of Arceus's chosen one, Beta himself, to always be prepared?

His firestarter consisted of a piece of flint, steel, and several scraps of char cloth. Char cloth was a piece of cloth that had undergone pyrolysis, which was a thermal decomposition. Pyrolysis could be used on wood to make it into charcoal, but wood was scarce in Crater City and charcoal was a pain to carry around anyway. Soren grasped the char cloth between his thumb and the flint. In his other hand, he held a steel striker. Finally, he struck the steel against the flint several times, frowning in concentration. It took several tries for Soren to really get the hang of it, but he eventually managed to catch the cloth with a spark, causing it to glow. Soren grinned victoriously and folded the cloth among his tinder pile before leaning down and blowing on it gently. At last, he had a crackling fire going. "I did it!" Soren called to Jillian, still on his hands and knees. By now, most of the daylight had faded and the softer shades of night were revealed over the meadow. Soren's heart lifted at the sight of it as his lungs filled with the smoky scent of the fire he'd built entirely by himself. "You can come over here if you need more light, Jillian. I have some food in my pack if you're hungry too."

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 02:44 AM

Temp

Written in the stars
Mint laughed and played without any worries, staying within the humans' eyesight just like Nimbus. She wouldn't want to admit to it, but she was afraid of being on her own. Nimbus was a good companion, but he was even younger than her. They wouldn't be able to do much without their humans and the other Pokémon, so Mint made sure to be close to Jillian. If Nimbus ended up catching up with her and it was her turn to be it, she would focus and summon a thick vine out of her collar before using it to poke him and return the favor. She believed herself to be smart for using this kind of a strategy.

Jillian listened to Soren's explanation with a skeptical look. So he was only here because she was there to keep him safe, in some way. They hadn't run into any trouble, but knowing how territorial some Pokémon could get, it was probably a matter of time. She didn't like the idea of being Soren's bodyguard - she did owe him a favor, most likely, but it sounded like a responsibility that she hadn't fully agreed on. She didn't mind looking after others, that's pretty much what she always did with Mint, but if she was to fail, she would have a lot of explaining to do.

She was about to say no and insist on going back when he pointed out their lack of time. Luke, the peace officer that had been supervising her, mentioned having a new, special job for her planned for the following days. He hadn't revealed what it was, but Jillian was going to like it, according to him. If it was true, her free time would be scarce and she did have to match her schedule with Soren's. She sighed, "I'm not certain about my schedule, but I'll likely be busy... Fine. But if there's trouble, you listen to me. When I say run, we run."

It was a generic kind of a deal, but it should do in this case. Jillian wanted to continue reading and as long as Soren wouldn't get injured or killed on her watch, there was no harm in this. He mentioned a campfire. She looked around. If things got out of hand and they set the grass on fire, they could always escape toward the city, which was still very close. Seeking refuge in Crater's stone building would be a wise strategy, as they had limited options of putting the fire out (perhaps with sand and the help of their Pokémon). Alternatively, if the risk of being caught as the culprits behind the fire was high, they could run the other way and escape Crater city forever... Jillian considered that to be plan B.

"Okay. If you need help, let me know," Jillian agreed, turning back to her book. Did Soren know that she had a fire-type Pokémon that could help? Either way, the boy was fine doing it on his own and it was probably better not to give any fire-starting orders to the Litleo. The lion cub often got a little carried away. The woman chose to make use of the slowly fading daylight while it lasted, letting Soren do all the work.

MINT L. 8
100% | 65%
PRIMROSE L. 7
100% | 60%
Bleh...
HAZEL L. 6
100% | 55%
In pokeball
LITLEO L. 6
100% | 55%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 03:48 PM

Mod

@Amissa @Aya

While the humans were distracted with their books, a predator was soaring through the plains. He had found himself a tasty meal and it was lucky for him that the creature was pretty bulky. It looked well fed and the extra weight slowed it down. The colorful predator stalked this small brown rodent who tried using the grass as cover as it sprinted through the plains.

His yellow and blue wings catching the air currents as he followed his prey. The rodent was small with brown and creme fur that spiked in zigzagged patterns all over his body. He was doing his best to stay out of sight but the grass parted as he charged though it and it made it very obvious where he was. The only issue for the bird above would be diving into the grass and missing his target. His talons were sharp but even so, they couldn’t grip the zigzagoon if he couldn’t see it.

The predator was of an ancient breed, endangered even. So it preferred to hunt at night or close to it. It allowed him to not really be seen by humans and he had an easy time catching prey that was all alone, making their way to their homes. He wasn’t very smart but he knew how to catch a good meal.

The chubby raccoon could burst from the tall grass, not realizing that he had reached the end of his cover. Coming into an opening where the grass was lower, he spotted an odd group of pokemon that were playing together. What were they doing out at this time playing games? Didn’t they knew it was dangerous to be out here? The zigzagoon eventually noticed the humans as he scanned the area to figure out where to run. Spotting the humans, everything made more sense.

He was pretty wary of humans but they did make good food. Things you couldn’t find in the wild. At least it didn’t taste the same. If he could just try and blend in with the others, then perhaps the bird would realize it was outnumbered and leave him be. If not, then it was a real possibility that it would attack anyway and just risk being murdered or captured by the humans. They’d probably turn him into food too. But then again, what if they turned the raccoon into food?!

Though, in a panic, he had to go with one choice. The spiky furred rodent dashed ahead toward the human tamed pokemon who were playing ‘tag.’ The chubby little raccoon pretended like he was part of the gang and went up to the skiddo to tap her on the leg. “You’re it! Hahahaha, this is fun guys,” he blurted nervously.

wild fat Zigzagoon has appeared!
level 5 ◒ male ◒ ability ◒ moves
100% health, 50% energy. Act. Natural.

wild Archen has appeared!
level 10 ◒ male ◒ ability ◒ moves
100% health, 75% energy. I'm on a hunt >:D

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Jul 1 2018, 03:58 AM

Player

Nimbus was not surprised when a random new pokemon inserted himself into the game. Tag was fun! Who wouldn't want to join? The brown and cream colored creature stood a bit shorter than Nimbus, but it was heavier and stockier. It had cute glistening brown eyes and certainly looked friendly. "That's not how you play," Nimbus baaed, gently correcting the stranger and forgetting that it was Primrose's job to be referee and not his. "I'm the one who's 'it' so I'm the one who needs to tag somebody. Here," Nimbus trotted over and attempted to poke the zigzagoon lightly with his nose. If the zigzagoon allowed this, Nimbus would beam at him and declare, "There! Now you're 'it'! Now you come and chase us, okay?" With that short explanation, Nimbus bounded away from Zigzagoon.

Soren meanwhile was digging through his bag for whatever food he’d brought along. He pulled out a carrot and offered it to Genesis, and the girafarig gratefully crunched on the treat. For himself and for Jillian if she wanted any, he has some sweet peppers and corn tortillas wrapped in cloth. He had food for Nimbus too, of course, but the little lamb usually grazed on grass when he wasn’t too busy playing. If there was anything they were never going to run out of out here, it was grass.

Soren wasn’t watching his pokemon play, but he could hear them. The sound of a strange pokemon noise made him look up, however. It was close, and it wasn’t a sound that any of his own pokemon made and he didn’t think it came from any of Jillian’s. It sounded like chittering, but too low to come from Primrose. It seemed to come from a larger creature than the tiny electric type. He looked towards where Nimbus and Mint were playing, but it was difficult to see with the tall grass obscuring his sight and the light fading.

“Did you hear that, Jillian?” Soren asked before getting up from beside the little fire he’d made and heading further into the grass to get a closer look at what he suspected was a new pokemon who had joined in Mint and Nimbus’s game. Once he was near enough and reached forward to part the grass in front of him, the new arrival was unmistakable. Soren grinned at seeing the telltale masked face and banded coat. “Jillian, look! Mint and Nimbus found a zigzagoon! Hello Zigzagoon!” Soren said, so delighted that he felt he could scarcely contain the joy. Zigzagoon were common pests in the summertime. They were clever, curious, and forever finding new ways to sneak into the storage on the farm and steal food. It didn’t keep Soren from liking them anyway. He thought they looked cute, and he couldn’t help admiring their adaptability and resourcefulness. It was also small enough that he didn't worry too much about it attacking him. He was honestly more worried that it might run away, so he tried to keep a safe distance from it and not look at it too hard or make any sudden movements.

This zigzagoon looked a little different from ones that he’d seen in the past. It wasn’t bigger, in fact it was a bit on the small side, but it looked distinctly wider. He could barely even see the paws beneath it. It struck Soren that this zigzagoon might be a bit fat, which seemed like a rare occurrence for a wild pokemon. Maybe it belonged to someone. Soren looked out over the grass to see if he could find a trainer around.

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Jul 1 2018, 11:44 AM

Temp

Written in the stars
Mint gasped in excitement as someone came to join them. It was fun to be playing with just Nimbus, but she welcomed more company. Other Pokémon of Jillian's weren't as playful, so she appreciated more likeminded friends. She wagged her tail as Nimbus explained the game to the newcomer. "Yes, that's all true! Don't worry if it's confusing, I had trouble getting it right the first time, but I'm doing a little better now. Come and get me!"

Primrose narrowed her eyes. A Zigzagoon. She had lived on the plains for long enough to know them, but she was surprised to see one would want to play with them. They usually kept to themselves, unless they wanted something... This Zigzagoon seemed nervous about something, too. She wasn't very welcoming to this Pokémon arrival, but she didn't say anything. She almost forgot about her job as a referee, but thankfully, Nimbus saved her the effort.

As the Pokémon played and Soren worked on turning their reading lesson into a camping trip, Jillian was concentrating on the book. If she was reading it right, it contained lots of words that she hadn't been using in Terrene. Exquisite names of flowers. She hadn't cared very much about what a plant was named, except for the common ones, but these examples would make good nicknames for her future Pokémon. Or for various strategies they could use...

She looked up suddenly when some shadow obstructed the sunlight that was illuminating the pages. It was quick, but there was no way she wouldn't notice that reading was impossible for an instant. Jillian scanned the area nearby, but there wasn't anyone standing between her and the setting sun... Strange. Before she could think about this issue some more, Soren called out to her.

The woman put the book away and stood up before coming closer to the boy and the playing Pokémon. She frowned at the pest. It didn't look like much, but Soren seemed impressed with it for some reason. Was this why her reading session was being interrupted? They had come here to escape human distractions and now they were getting Pokémon who came to bother them. She sighed.

"It probably wants to eat something. Don't fall for those eyes, food is too precious to waste on a common pest," Jillian instructed the boy in a bored tone, taking a step backward, hoping to be able to continue their lesson. If Soren wanted to play with that thing, she wasn't one to stop him, unless it somehow attracted trouble. However, she certainly didn't want their Pokémon to go to bed without a proper supper if this Zigzagoon felt like stealing all of their supplies.

MINT L. 8
100% | 65%
PRIMROSE L. 7
100% | 60%
Bleh...
HAZEL L. 6
100% | 55%
In pokeball
LITLEO L. 6
100% | 55%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 08:37 AM

Mod

@Amissa @Aya

Having spotted the fat zigzagoon, the bird realized that it found safety in numbers. There was a group of pokemon playing in the field. Humans were not too far from them, so it was possible that they belonged them. The bird perched himself on a tree nearby so that he could watch them and wait for a chance to strike. He also spotted a small squirrel like pokemon that would probably be an easier target, if he could not get the zigzagoon. The downside is in his past experience, a lot of rodents were electric type and this seemed to be one of them.

Hearing the mareep and skiddo speak to him, the zigzagoon could care less about how the rules went. But if he was going to stick around then he had to play along. Getting kicked out of this group would likely result in him getting maimed by the predator bird. Nimbus declared he was ‘it’ and went ahead to bop the zigzagoon on the nose. Now, the brown rodent was ‘it’ and he figured it was his turn to tag the sheep back. But instead it bounced away.

Before he could chase after anyone else, a human appeared before him. The fat rodent rolled backwards in shock. He was worried it would try to capture him for a meal. The zigzagoon knew a lot about humans since it spent so much time raiding their food supplies. They often chased him away or tried to kill him. He fully understood the reasoning but dang, a ziggy’s gotta eat!

This human seemed friendly however. Thinking for a moment, he figured if the human had taken interest in him, then perhaps it would bring him into their home. If so, then he could hide out till morning. Perhaps he could even get a good meal or two or three. Yeah more meals were good. The zigzagoon knew he was supposed to be playing with the others but he quickly ignored the tamed pokemon to appeal to the human. He stood on his hind legs, appearing to be begging as he stood with his front paws bent. Letting his tongue hang low he mocked the panting of some canine pokemon he knew human’s liked so much. If he could seem cuter them his plan would work for sure.

Still roosting nearby, the archen narrowed his eyes at the rodent. It was playing clever tricks but he was a patient hunter. The second the humans and their pokemon were distracted, he’d swoop in. All he had to do was land a killing blow. Perhaps if the zigzagoon was dead, then they wouldn’t worry about it and just leave it for him to take. If they decided to attack, he’d fight them off as best he could.

100% health, 50% energy. Being a con artist.

100% health, 75% energy. -.-

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Jul 5 2018, 03:27 AM

Player

Soren didn't argue with Jillian, but he did frown at her. Certainly they had enough food to share with one little pokemon. Sure zigzagoon were normally annoying thieves, but this one was being nice. He turned back to the pokemon to see it standing on its hind legs with its tongue hanging out. It looked so cute with that pleading look in its big brown eyes! Soren crouched down and whispered to the zigzagoon. "Don't listen to Jillian. I'll take care of you. You're a friendly pokemon, aren't you? I know, I can tell."

Soren grinned, his coal-black eyes took on a mischievous glint as if he and Zigzagoon were now partners in some roguish shenanigan together. The boy extended a hand and if the zigzagoon didn't flee or hurt him, he would gently take one of its front paws in his hand and move it up and down in a "shake". "My name is Soren. It's very good to meet you, Zigzagoon," Soren whispered.

Genesis had left her carrot half eaten on the ground near the fire in interest of checking out whatever Soren was so excited about. She took one look at the zigzagoon and the way he was behaving and identified him immediately. "An extortionist," she hummed. Lucky for the zigzagoon, Soren didn't speak pokemon so Zigzagoon's cover wasn't completely blown.

Soren glanced quickly behind him to see if Jillian was watching him. If it seemed the coast was clear, he'd smile at the zigzagoon and motion for the pokemon to follow him. "Come with me. I'll share some of my food with you. We'll just keep it secret between us, okay?" Soren whispered before leading the way back to the fire. He'd need to bank it up some with more dry grass, but it hadn't gone all the way out yet. Once he'd done that, he'd take out one hot sweet pepper and a tortilla. He'd cut the pepper open with his bone knife and removed the seeds, and after that he'd find a good roasting stick. He'd stick the pepper on the stick and hold it over the fire, cooking it until it became soft and a little bit charred.

As he did this, Genesis would set herself beside him and have a little talk with this newcomer. She wouldn't attack the zigzagoon or even take any action to stop Soren from feeding it. Her main interest was in the boy's behavior and how he reacted to this new pokemon. "I expect this is all just a ploy that you use to make humans feed you, but you ought to know that it's real to him. He believes your pitiful begging is a precursor to real friendship. Does it trouble you at all to think of how hurt he will be when you end up abandoning him? He is different from most other humans, I've observed. He's younger. He seems kinder, and somewhat more fragile. I have reason to believe you may do him real emotional injury if you take advantage of him just to run off later and never think of him again. Not that I resent your methods of feeding yourself, but since I have been captured by this boy, I have to deal with whatever state you leave him in. It would be very inconveniencing for me if you broke his heart, so to speak."

Once the pepper was done cooking, Soren wrapped it in the tortilla and took a bite. It tasted sweet, smoky, and just a tiny bit fiery. Soren ate about half of it himself and looked around once again to see if Jillian was watching him. If he thought she was distracted, he'd casually set the rest of the pepper-stuffed-tortilla on the ground beside him. He didn't make it look like he was feeding the zigzagoon, only like he'd simply forgotten to finish the food himself and left it where any hungry and curious pokemon could easily get to it. Genesis wouldn't stop the zigzagoon if it decided to seize Soren's offering, but she would definitely intervene if it looked like it meant to take anything that hadn't been offered. Like Jillian, Genesis didn't trust this creature but she didn't quite care enough to make it leave.

Nimbus, meanwhile, had given up on the zigzagoon. "I don't think he wants to play anymore, " he told Mint a bit sadly. He'd been excited about potentially making a new friend, but at least the zigzagoon appeared to be acting nice to his trainer. Maybe it would end up coming home with them, and Nimbus would at last have a pokemon who would play with him when Mint wasn't around. "What should we do now?" The little lamb asked the slightly larger goat. The sun was setting and he was beginning to grow kind of sleepy, but he still wanted to play.

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Jul 6 2018, 03:30 AM

Temp

Written in the stars
Soren didn't respond to her, but it was clear that her reasoning didn't convince him. The Zigzagoon was striking what was likely supposed to be a cute pose, but Jillian found its expression rather comical. Why was it sticking out its tongue like that? It appeared goofy, but it worked on the boy who started whispering affectionately to the pest.

Jillian shrugged, leaving the rodent up to Soren. She had stated her mind, it wasn't her job to be disciplining the boy. In the end, it was his choice, even if she disagreed with it... It wasn't far from the city if they ran out of food and the plains offered plenty of Pokémon they could hunt. Including that Zigzagoon, but she didn't imagine Soren would appreciate that and she didn't want to lose her teacher. It wouldn't be soon before she would find another one who offered free lessons.

Since she was already close, Jillian walked up to Primrose to watch the playing pair alongside her. It appeared like Zigzagoon's departure left them a little disheartened. Mint's ears dropped as she bleated to Nimbus sadly, "Aww... Does he not like us anymore?" She was watching the Zigzagoon and Soren, a little hurt that he didn't want to play, but somewhat glad that Jillian wasn't paying attention to the Normal-type. She would welcome a new friend warmly, but she didn't want Jillian to like him more than she liked her... If the trainer liked her at all, that is. Concerned by her own overthinking, Mint skipped over to Jillian, while calling out to Nimbus, "Let's take a break and check up on the humans?"

The goat approached Jillian and sat next to her, gently rubbing her head against the woman's leg. The trainer patted her head, but her gaze was running over the plains, seeing if there was anything else they could use for dinner. Considering that Soren was somewhere behind her back, together with that begging pest, she imagined they would lose some of their supplies... As if to confirm her suspicions, she turned back to see the boy by the fire, holding a tortilla, with Zigzagoon somewhere nearby. She squinted but turned away. He could have it his way.

"Well, at least it doesn't look like that Zigzagoon is bringing any friends over," she observed. The plains appeared quiet. She felt a little uneasy, but there was no apparent reason for concern, so she brushed it off, unaware that they were being watched. Jillian turned back and walked toward the fire, not looking at Soren to give him a chance to do whatever he wanted. She didn't like arguing when it was pointless. Mint and Primrose went after her, with the Skiddo stopping after a few steps to give Nimbus a chance to catch up.

MINT L. 8
100% | 65%
Rejected? :<
PRIMROSE L. 7
100% | 60%
Bleh...
HAZEL L. 6
100% | 55%
In pokeball
LITLEO L. 6
100% | 55%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jul 6 2018, 09:19 AM

Mod

@Amissa @Aya

The chubby rodent didn’t pick up everything the human boy was saying but he was glad the kid was reacting well enough. Of course, children always treated him better than adults did. It was likely because they were less aware of how sneaky his kind could be. The zigzagoon followed after Soren immediately when invited to follow. He expected to be fed soon and remaining in the company of these humans and their pokemon would keep him safe.

From above, the archen gritted his beak. He had hoped the humans would reject the raccoon but they fell for his tricks. Part of him just wanted to swoop down now before they could get comfortable but it was risky. Too many pokemon, even if they were no match for him. At least this is what they believed.

As the zigzagoon sat by the fire with Soren, he let his tongue hang loose to continue appearing cute. The human was appeared to cook something for him and he could tell it was going to be good judging from the smell. But before he could get completely comfortable, this long necked horse came over to him. It’s tail freaked the raccoon out but he had to remain calm. Hearing it speak to him, the zigzagoon tried not to look her in the eye. He didn’t want Genesis to know he was afraid of her. “I have no idea what you’re talking about,” he said nonchalantly, in response to her speech.

With his mouth watering, the zigzagoon was ready to eat. The pepper was cooked and now the human was wrapping it in some kind of flat bread? This was going to be good. But first the human ate some for himself. Fair enough, even if the raccoon would have liked to eat all of it. Eventually he’d set it down for him. The raccoon wouldn’t hesitate to rush over to the bread wrapped pepper to scarf it down.

At this point the archen lost his patience. There was no way this thing was going to get to eat before he did. He’d only be heavier if he devoured that thing and the bird worried about scooping him up enough. “Screw this!” he crowed as he floated off the branch. The vibrantly colored bird swooped down holding out his talons. He didn’t care if he was outnumbered. If he could be quick and silence then he’d have a full belly tonight. This zigzagoon was fat but young, so he wasn’t as large as one would think.

The raccoon by Soren’s side was just about to take his first bite when suddenly he felt the bird’s sharp talons sink into his side and lift at his skin. Before he could even react in pain, the bird tried to lift off with the raccoon. Because of the weight, he was barely holding the zigzagoon in the air. Flying away slowly and low to the ground, the archen was making a break for it with the raccoon in his grips. “See ya later, suckers!” he roared while slowly trying to flee.

The zigzagoon couldn’t believe the archen was bold enough to come for him while he was surrounded by allies. His plan was so good, what went wrong?! “No!!! Help meeee!!!” the zigzagoon cried as he was being carried away...very...very...slowly.

100% health, 50% energy. Where did I go wrong?

100% health, 75% energy. Using every muscle he has

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 07:53 PM

Player

Soren tensed and straightened as he heard the sound of a bird loudly crowing. Nimbus followed after Mint, but carried on past her to Soren once he saw that the skiddo was cuddling her own trainer. Genesis also tensed and looked upward. She was native to these plains and well aware of its dangers. The skies were no safer than the grasses.

The fading light made the predator difficult to see as he swooped down. His bright colors seemed duller so that he seemed more like a shadow, a creature of darkness that dropped out of the sky like death itself. In a second, it had sunk its claws into the zigzagoon and begun carrying it away. At first, Soren was stunned He gasped as fear sliced through him, but he recovered quickly. As soon as the panic subsided, the situation looked far less dramatic. It was almost comical. The bird that had snatched zigzagoon was hardly larger than the tiny raccoon, especially considering how plump that raccoon was. As a result, the bird wasn't getting very high or going very fast, and Soren had a feeling the bird wouldn't have the stamina to get very far before it had to land.

"Genesis! Nimbus!" Soren called as he sprung off to pursue the bird. Nimbus was already up and easily following at Soren's heels. Genesis needed to get up, which took a moment with her long legs and larger body, but once she was up she could easily run faster than Soren and likely faster than the over-burdened bird could fly. "Nimbus, thunder wave that bird!" Soren ordered, pointing at the flying type. "Genesis, use confusion!" Thunder wave was a move that Nimbus had recently learned, and Soren liked it because it wasn't painful, but it caused paralysis. If the bird could be paralyzed, it would have to drop the zigzagoon. Confusion was one of Genesis's signature moves, and Soren was often frightened by its power and the damage it could cause. However, his main interest was its secondary effect. Confusion had a chance to confuse the bird which might also stop the bird from escaping. Even if both attacks failed, maybe they could startle the bird enough to make it drop zigzagoon and cause the flyer to flee to search for an easier meal.

Genesis was faster than Nimbus so she attacked first, and she understood by now what Soren was commanding her to do. She focused hard on her target lowering her head slightly as she ran, and her ossicones twitched as she focused and reached inwards for her psychic power. Then the forced that power outwards in the direction of the bird pokemon. Her attack didn't create any gaudy light show or loud noises, but if it struck Archen, the pokemon would certainly know it.

Nimbus was more unsure. He'd just barely mastered the ability to manipulate even the weakest electrical impulses that built up in his wool, and he only knew that "thunder" was a word that had proceeded many electrical attacks when said to the older mareep on his original farm. Moreover, Nimbus was terrified of this bird. It had snatched up Zigzagoon, and the racoon was bigger and heavier than he was. If the bird turned around and decided to come after an easier target, the lamb might be his preferred prey. Still, Nimbus didn't want Zigzagoon to get hurt, and he wanted to be a good pokemon for his boy. He tried his best, feeling the electricity in his body beneath the wool, he tried to concentrate it in one place, the top of his head. The fuzzy curl of wool above his face began to spark ominously in the growing darkness. He released it at last, hoping that it would hit his target, the bird that was trying to flee with the pokemon Soren thought was his friend. Nimbus's thunder wave was certainly flashier than Genesis's attack, as it moved as fast as light itself and would briefly surround the bird with a glow if it hit.
-----------------

Genesis uses Confusion on Archen
user posted image
Health: 100% Status: Okay Energy: 70% --> 60% (-10% for confusion)
Your days of zizagoon banditry end now!

Nimbus uses Thunder Wave on Archen
user posted image
Health: 100% Status: Okay Energy: 40%--> 27% (13% for Thunder Wave)
I just hope I'm doing this right...

@Aya

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 02:23 AM

Temp

Written in the stars
As if to mock Jillian's silent observations about the stillness of the plains, some shadow swooped down from the air, darting toward the campfire. It was difficult to see what was going on outside of the area illuminated by the fire, but it appeared to be coming from a nearby tree. The woman ducked, covering her face, as the creature made it past her. There was only a short instant between the moment she spotted the approaching shadow and the moment it would either crash into her or keep going past her, not long enough to decide whether she really was in danger or not, so her instincts told her to go the safe way. She felt no impact, so she looked up.

As the intruder came into the light, what stood out the most were its bright colors. It went straight for its target, the Zigzagoon. With no doubt, it was a predator bird, although Jillian found it illogical for a predator to be adorned with this kind of colors. Hunting had to be difficult when it stood out in the daylight - perhaps this was why it was out now, at night, but even in the darkness, she saw no way for the bird to benefit from this appearance.

With Primrose and Mint hiding behind her legs, frightened by the sudden appearance of something malicious, Jillian watched the illogical creation of Arceus (or whatever else was responsible for this), as it struggled to escape in a manner as swift and deadly as it had approached. The woman smirked in cold amusement at its efforts. The bird was clearly struggling. It had either overestimated its own strength or underestimated Zigzagoon's weight. Either way, there was plenty of time to act and Soren had his Pokémon run to Zigzagoon's rescue. It was to be expected, the boy seemed to like that pest and it was a natural, humane reaction to want to help those in trouble, especially if they begged for it in pained screeching. Jillian believed that a human's role in the conflict between two wild Pokémon was to simply observe... Or do whatever might benefit the human.

"Mint, grab it," Jillian commanded calmly, pointing to the bird after Genesis and Nimbus were done with their attacks.

The goat had been peeking from behind the trainer in curiosity, watching how the other two hooved Pokémon fought against the attacker bravely. She was impressed with their courage and their kind attempts at saving their new friend. As she was given a command, she jumped out to stand in front of the woman, putting on her determined smile and releasing two thin vines from her grassy collar. The initiative that the others had shown, as well as their closeness and bravery, filled her with the strength to fight. Her vines flew to the colorful bird in an attempt to wrap around it and toss it against the ground, if the other Pokemon's attacks hadn't done so yet - if they had, she would simply hold and pin it down against the ground, so that it wouldn't escape.

MINT L. 8
100% | 56%
Used Vine Whip!
PRIMROSE L. 7
100% | 60%
o_o
HAZEL L. 6
100% | 55%
In pokeball
LITLEO L. 6
100% | 55%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 04:27 PM

Mod

@Amissa @Aya

Yeah so what? He wasn’t getting very far but you don’t say that he wasn’t doing his best. The Archen flapped his wings as if stopping meant certain death. It probably did if he decided to turn and fight. Taking off without his meal would mean he had to hunt all over again and he was sure most of his prey would be safe in their holes by now.

Trapped in the bird’s claws, the zigzagoon couldn’t do much. He could only hope that he got the human feeling sorry enough for him that the boy would try to rescue him. If not, then the chubby raccoon would be this Archen’s dinner.

It was the mareep’s electricity that shocked the bird, that finally got him to drop the zigzagoon. Feeling his body drop to the ground, the zigzagoon landed on his side. He didn’t care because the grass had softened the blow. This was good because it meant the human was coming for him so the best thing to do at the moment was run over to Soren.

Feeling the effects of the static, the bird pushed through it. Although the sudden numbness cause him to drop his prey, he was able to regain control and turn back around to attack whoever it was that attacked him just now. He didn’t know if it was the sheep or giraffe but when he was flying toward them it was Genesis who used her mental abilities to mess with his head. Confusing his senses, he went spiraling toward the ground.

The bird shook off the dizzy feeling and lifted off once more. Gaining some altitude he dove in to bite at Genesis. It didn’t even matter to him that it was the sheep who electrocuted the bird. Soon after he felt a vine grab hold on his body. Fortunately his wings were open when the skiddo tightened its grip around him. The archen let go of the giraffe and flew at the goat with his wing out, aiming to whack her with it.

If they wanted to stop him from taking the zigzagoon, fine! But if they wanted a fight, they were going to get it.

100% health, 50% energy. Scurrying over to the group.

58% health, 49% energy. Paralysis. Not Paralyzed this turn. Using Wing Attack on Mint. Using Bite on Genesis. Dropped his meal.

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 05:55 AM

Temp

Written in the stars
Jillian watched the battle in the dim light of the campfire with a calm, concentrated expression. Not much about this situation was surprising to her - Soren was trying to save the Zigzagoon, the fat pest hurried to its savior, the bird fought back. She observed that the wild Pokémon was a fairly skilled battler, which attracted even more of her interest. A strange predator bird hunting at night, who dared to go after its prey even though it was surrounded by others and knew some powerful moves... At least they appeared that way, considering Mint's screech of pain after the bird's wings slapped against her. Then again, Mint was a crybaby.

What was the most fascinating about the colorful bird though, was that it didn't provoke any feeling of familiarity in Jillian. Despite her lost memories, looking at most Pokémon made her feel somewhat at ease as if some inner voice was telling her "yep, that's a Pokémon we've seen before", even though she couldn't recall any earlier encounters with the species. It wasn't the case for this bird, meaning she didn't meet one of these in her past life. It was either rare, at least in her old home, or it was completely native to Terrene. Either way, she wanted to know more about this creature.

After getting hit, Mint squeaked and retreated to the trainer's side, holding back her tears. She stopped right in front of Jillian before she turned back to the battlefield, letting the closeness of her human fill her with a sense of security. The bird had hit her close to her front leg's shoulder and the goat was keeping that leg up. It appeared to hurt her to stand on it. The trainer looked at Primrose. The Pachirisu grimaced in fear, taking a step backward. Jillian sighed. The message was clear. These two shouldn't battle any further. But it was fine. She had already decided that she wanted to keep this bird for herself, if possible - that was why she had ordered Mint not to let it escape in the first place.

The woman took out an empty pokeball from her pocket. This was going to be her attempt at capturing the bird for the sake of her scientific curiosity, as well as her contribution to the battle. She wasn't going to charge in and try to punch a bird, but putting it inside a pokeball would keep her partners safe. Jillian took aim and tossed the sphere at the wild Pokémon.

MINT L. 8
47% | 56%
Owwie! No more pls!
PRIMROSE L. 7
100% | 60%
Yeaaah no
HAZEL L. 6
100% | 55%
In pokeball
LITLEO L. 6
100% | 55%
In pokeball
TAGS @Amissa Posting first to have this capture attempt :D

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp Pokemon: Terrene
skin by bonbon.