Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in tempers. Beta and Omega are finally in direct conflict, click here to keep up on it. If your character is part of either side, the expedition & pursuit thread has all the details. And don't forget, our Player Appreciation and the short stories lore contest both end at the end of August!

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Lean on Me, I'll be your friend [social]
Amissa
 Posted: Jul 23 2018, 03:01 AM

Player

Dear Diary,

How do you make friends when you don’t even know what sort of person you really are? I’ve been trying to figure it out ever since I arrived in Terrene. By reading my earlier entries, I’ve decided that I used to be an optimistic, eager, outgoing girl. However, in my time in this new world, I’ve felt mostly fear and sometimes anger. Perhaps I’ve just changed, but if I have, then who am I now? Is this change permanent, or will I become that sweet girl again maybe once I get used to living in Crater City?

I worry that most of the other workers just think of me as a burden. The peace officers become even more frustrated. Everything must be explained to me, sometimes multiple times. I make a mess of the simplest tasks. I can’t even train my pokemon. Destiny ate several of the farm’s cabbages when I wasn’t looking and made herself terribly sick. For what it’s worth, I don’t think she’ll do it again. It was misery for her and I both.

The only one I feel a real connection with is a boy named Gaspar. He came through to Terrene a couple weeks after me, and though he seems a few years older, he seems to struggle even more than I do. I’ve been teaching him to read and write. I think he might love me. The real me. Whoever “me” is, anyway. And isn’t that what friends are for, anyway? If my world hadn’t become a nightmare and spit me out into another, I might have known for sure from experience, but I think a friend is someone who is willing to accept who you are even when you’re not sure who that is.

--Summer Sharp

Soren had succeeded in obtaining his father’s blessing to take a short trip, and he even managed to get his peace officer overseer to approve. She wasn’t thrilled at all, and she certainly reminded Soren that he wouldn’t be paid wages for the day, but she appreciated at least a notice. Since Branded workers couldn’t be fired and missed wages were the same if they gave notice or they didn’t, there wasn’t much incentive for them bother informing anyone before taking off anyplace. Then again, most Branded didn’t travel, so it wasn’t a big problem.

Soren liked traveling, even if he never went anyplace too far away, and even if it seemed to become kind of scary every time. During his first time out of the city, he’d ended up exploring some caves in the mountains and finding dead bodies while getting into all sorts of danger. On the bright side, Soren had met two slightly older boys that helped him through it all. Vex lived far away in Forest Beach Village, which was much too far for Soren to travel alone even with the pokemon that he had to protect him. Ben though lived on a farm out on the Lions Plains which was much closer.

Soren had been to the farm one other time, to spend a day working to earn enough tokens to purchase his mareep lamb, Nimbus. Soren hadn’t even known that Luke had a son back then, but since Soren needed to head back there to take Nimbus to visit his family, it seemed like a good idea to see if Ben was home too. Soren wasn’t sure how Ben felt about him. Back in the tunnels, they’d spent little time really getting to know each other and more time focused on their purpose. Soren had also cried, which he was very ashamed of and hoped Ben had forgotten about by now. Soren hoped Ben could see him as more than a small branded boy who cried over dead pokemon and maybe as a real friend. Soren wasn’t actually very experienced in friendship, but it was something that he longed for sorely.

As he’d hoped, Soren had found one of Luke’s workers down by the shops in Crater City. “Hey! Now that’s one of Luke Shepard’s lambs isn’t it? I can always tell just by looking. I got an eye for good breeding,” the man said as Soren walked up. He’d just finished selling a wagon full of wool and was counting up his tokens. Beside him stood the wagon, empty but for one black leather jacket that it was far too hot to wear outside this time of day.

“I don’t believe I’ve met you before. Do you work for Luke?” Soren asked innocently, stepping forward and folding his hands politely behind his back. Nimbus also bounced forward and gazed up at the man, wagging his tail happily. He’d grown a bit stronger since he was purchased, and he could finally generate a little electricity in his wool. This caused the bulb at the end of his tail to give off a faint but perpetual glow.

“Yeah, my name is Leo Garcia. I’m one of Luke’s ranch hands. For now at least, I take work where I can get it. Now’s shearing season, so I was just selling off a load of the wool we just sheared. What can I help you with, little man?” Leo asked, leaning against the back of the wagon. He had dark hair and eyes like Soren did, but despite being a ranch hand, his hair still seemed oddly well brushed and styled. He wasn’t tall. He only stood a few inches higher than Soren, but he was broad and muscular. More than muscular really. “Jacked” would be the most appropriate term. Below a thin cotton shirt, brown tanned skin stretched over a tough torso. His eyes looked kind, and while his words were condescending, they seemed otherwise friendly enough.

“Well, you’re right, and I did get my lamb from Luke. I worked on the farm for a day and bought Nimbus here. I wanted to take Nimbus to the farm for just a bit to see his family again. If it isn’t any trouble, could I please ride in your wagon back to Luke’s farm?” Soren asked, hope gleaming in his eyes like stars shone through the night.

“Hmm...is that allowed? I mean, none of these peace officers are going to arrest me for kidnapping or stealing you or anything are they?” Leo gazed shiftily at one of the peace officers in uniform that patrolled this district. His look held a toxic kind of contempt that made Soren wonder what kind of man Leo was that he didn’t care for peace officers. It didn’t escape Soren that he’d used the word “steal” either, and it gave the boy the most unpleasant chill. Leo made it sound like Soren was property that Beta had scribbled his name on to mark, and the worst part was, Soren thought it might be at least a little bit accurate.

“No, we’re allowed to leave. I’ve even gotten authorization from my supervisor to have this day off so I could care for my pokemon,” Soren’s tone abruptly became cool and business-like. He gave Leo an aloof look with his eyes half-lidded and tried to bury the hurt feeling that came from Leo’s last comment.

Leo rolled his eyes, “Arceus, you act like I just called your mama a muk! I didn’t mean anything by it, I just really don’t want to get arrested again, okay?” Leo didn’t give Soren time to do anything more than widen his eyes in amazement before moving to the front of the wagon and climbing up, taking the stantler’s reins in his hands. “Are you coming or what, kid? Climb in!”

Before Soren had time to think too hard about climbing into a wagon with a man who just confessed to being arrested at least once, Soren had tapped the button on Nimbus’s pokeball to recall him and scrambled into the wagon’s back. Just moments later, they were bumping along the path out of the city and towards Luke’s farm. Soren felt the now familiar thrill of excitement as the wagon pulled along the path that lead through the gates on onto the open plain. It was dangerous every time, but it never stopped being beautiful or fascinating.

“What happens if we’re attacked?” Soren asked, crawling forward so that he was just behind Leo. He practically had to shout to be heard above the sound of the rolling wagon wheels and the clomping of the stantler’s hooves.

“Most wild pokemon don’t like the noise made by a wagon. Even predators don’t usually attack because they aren’t sure what a wagon is, but it looks big and dangerous. Those that do know what a wagon is, know it doesn’t taste very good. For everything else, I’ve got my linoone, a zubat, and a pidgeotto. What pokemon have you got besides that mareep, little man?”

“I have a zigzagoon and a girafarig,” Soren said proudly.

“A girafarig?” Leo shot him a look that was half impressed and half disbelief. “That sounds like something you just made up.”

“I know, but it’s a real pokemon!” Soren and Leo both laughed and spent the rest of the ride to the farm in amicable conversation. They made good time, and managed to reach Luke’s farm by midday.

@Shasyu

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jul 27 2018, 10:25 AM

Mod

[image]
Ben just wants to finish his chores so he can chill.
364 WORDS

Ben had been spending the beginning of his day doing chores. Cleaning up after the mareep and assisting with getting them sheared. His parents were getting the wool sold off, so while his father and the hired help were our selling the merchandise, Ben was home cleaning up the shaven sheep. The blonde also had to worry about getting them fed and made sure they had clean water.

Lucille was tagging along side Ben. Though she pretty much just got in the way, as he almost tripped over her a few times. The pig was just standing by in case she was needed. Besides, it was nice to be out on this summer day. She was enjoying the heat and she honestly just enjoyed spending time with Ben.

It was the wingull who wasn’t so much worried about either of them. She was enjoying her roost and only leaving the nest Ben had made for her to get some grub. The boy made sure she had plenty of seeds to pick at and occasionally she’d sneak over to the mareeps’ food and pick at some scraps. There was a wooden tub that they would typically use to keep water out for the mareep to drink but Ben had one located closer to the house for the bird to enjoy.

Another one who enjoyed this tub was the squirtle Ben had found out by the bay. The young turtle felt safe on the farm and was glad he wasn’t really forced to leave much. Though he didn’t really trust Ben’s parents or the help much. The squirtle kept to himself and would only leave the water when he saw the blonde. He wasn’t aware that he was named yet but the boy had decided to call them Shelby. It wasn’t very creative but the boy liked keeping things simple.

Ben wasn’t expecting any guests today. He knew that Soren had mentioned wanting to come by one day. The boy was too focused on getting his chores done to worry about hanging out with friends or going out on adventures. Though he’d be done soon he was thinking about taking his pokemon out on a walk.

Notes: Social with Soren. The boys are back together!

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Jul 27 2018, 10:36 PM

Player

Soren hopped down from the wagon as it came to a stop at the farm. "If you want to visit the mareep, I think most of them are resting in the field over there," Leo pointed out over the main field which was much larger than the one on Soren's own farm. Luke Shepard's entire farm looked larger than the one Soren lived on, but perhaps it was because all of those mareep needed wide open spaces to graze and play. "I need to bring the money from the sales we did in the city over to the boss's wife. The boss's boss so to speak. I'll let her know you're here. You just behave yourself, okay? I don't have time to babysit you."

Soren gave Leo a hurt look. "I won't get into any trouble," Soren promised as he tapped the button on Nimbus's pokeball to release the mareep lamb. Nimbus recognized his surroundings immediately and wagged his tail in happiness. "Come on, Nimbus." Soren said as he led the way toward the herd of mareep. He could see a blonde young man busy at work among the flock. Soren grinned and picked up the pace, doing his best to hurry and move silently at the same time. He approached Ben from an angle, trying to keep out of the older boy's line of sight.

Soren's grin got bigger the closer that he got and he wondered how near he could get to Ben without the other boy noticing him. If he managed to make it all the way to where Ben was standing, he'd jump in front of Ben and shout out a loud, "Boo!" to see if he could scare him. This game would be more fun if Soren were tall enough to reach up and cover Ben's eyes, but Soren did the best he could with what talents he had.

Nimbus was less mischievous and more polite, bounding over to Ben's tepig and giving her a little sniff in greeting. "Hello! How have you been?" The lamb baaed.

@Shasyu

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jul 28 2018, 10:37 AM

Mod

[image]
Good to see an old friend
422 WORDS

While Ben was busy tending to the sheep, he wouldn’t notice that someone was sneaking up on him. Sure he saw Leo’s wagon but didn’t pay him no mind. He just figured it was business as usual and had no idea the man brought a guest with him. Had Ben knew Soren was coming he’d have likely finished his chores earlier so that he wouldn’t be in the middle of doing them when the kid arrived.

Birdy was roosting on a post watching as the younger human came creeping up behind her trainer. She recognized the boy from that time they went traveling through the tunnels. He thought that Soren was a friend so it was unknown to her as to why the boy was planning a sneak attack on Ben. She wouldn’t allow it though. The bird took flight and swooped down toward Soren with his beak open aiming to spray the boy in the face with a water gun. “Not in my house!” she cried out as she flew by him.

Ben turned quickly to see what was going on. Finding Soren behind him, looking as if he was crouching. (Whether he got splashed or not) The blonde gave an awkward smirk to the younger boy. He had no idea what he was planning to do but it was nice to see a friendly face. “Well I’ll be. If it ain’t my good pal, Soren!” Ben walked away from the sheep and made his way toward the younger boy and give him a hand shake. “How’s it goin’ bud?”

While the boys were busy, Lucille was greeted by the small sheep, Nimbus. The young mareep was purchased from the farm before Lucille began living here so she never got a chance to be there during his birth but she did meet the little one back in the cave adventure in the early spring. The tepig greeted him in return pressing her cheek into his wool. “Look who’s growing up! If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re taller than me now,” the pig said gleefully.

Noticing strangers on the farm, Shelby poked his head out of the water and scanned the area. He didn’t know this boy and his mareep but they seemed friendly. The squirtle wondered if he should come over to meet them but it was probably best to wait for them to come to him. That is, if they wanted to. It wouldn’t matter to the turtle either way, he’d just remain cool in his tub.

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Jul 29 2018, 12:57 AM

Player

Soren had been confident in his sneaking abilities and looking forward to the look on Ben's face when he surprised him, but he hadn't even seen Birdy roosting nearby. The wingull cawed a warning just before it spat a spray of water at him, causing Soren to yip and jump sideways to try to avoid the blast of water. This unfortunately caused the younger boy to trip over one of the grazing adult mareep and tumble headfirst into the grass of the field. He didn't even fully avoid the water gun, but took it on the shoulder instead of the face leaving one arm of his shirt drenched. It was not the entrance Soren would have liked to have made by a long shot.

The mareep bleated in annoyance and gave Soren a reproachful look, but it didn't seem hurt and neither was the boy. He grinned back and Ben from where he was now on the ground and giggled at his own clumsiness. Plus, Ben had called him a "good pal" which Soren found delightful, exciting, and a tiny bit scary. Soren hadn't had a real human friend near his own age in years, and he didn't want to mess it up. He reached up awkwardly to shake Ben's hand when the boy came over, and then Soren climbed to his feet and made a half-hearted attempt to brush the dirt from his clothes.

"Hi Ben," Soren said, and despite having trekked through a whole cave with the older teen, he couldn't stop some shyness creeping into his voice. "I've been fine. I was trying to surprise you, but Birdy surprised me first." Soren blushed, feeling embarrassed and tried to change the subject away from his aborted plan to play. "Whatcha doin?"

Nimbus was momentarily distracted from Lucille by Birdy's attack on his trainer, and he wondered belatedly if he should have tried to prevent that. Maybe he should have heroically pushed Soren out of the way and taken the water attack himself. That's the sort of maneuver that a deeply loyal pokemon might manage, but Nimbus wasn't quite there yet. Anyway, it was too late to do anything now and everyone seemed to be fine so he turned back to Lucille.

Nimbus beamed at the tepig and wagged his tail, the little bulb on the end glowing a tiny bit brighter in his excitement. "Thank you! I am getting big." Nimbus replied, bouncing happily. In truth it was probably just his wool growing out that made him look bigger. He had grown, just not very much, but Lucille's compliment made him feel larger on the inside. "Soren brought me here to see my family." Nimbus was already analyzing the blue faces of all the mareep around them. They all might look the same to a human who didn't know any better, but Nimbus recognized every one as an individual.

@Shasyu

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jul 30 2018, 06:24 AM

Mod

[image]
243 WORDS

If it mattered at all, Ben had no idea Soren was sneaking up on him. If it wasn’t for the bird, he would have likely succeeded. Still, it was kind of hilarious how things turned out. It was also good to know Birdy had her trainer’s back. “Oh yeah, she does that,” the blonde replied. He could see the embarrassment on Soren’s face and Ben felt bad. He was just glad the boy would chance the subject. “I ain’t doin much. Jus about done my chores. I was gonna go for a walk. You should go with me once I get all my supplies ready.” he replied.

Lucille couldn’t help but spring up at Nimbus’ words. The sheep came by to visit his family and she couldn’t help but think that was so adorable. “Oh, then what are you waiting for? Let’s go,” she said happily. The tepig began hopping toward the herd, trying to lead Nimbus her way. She was pretty sure they’d recognize the young mareep and she had to make no introductions but sometimes these sheep could be a bit dazed while standing in the sun all day.

“Hey everyone, someone’s here to see ya!” she squealed gleefully. A majority of the mareep turned their attention toward the little one, unenthusiastically. If any were his parents, he would have to find them himself. It could be difficult for some of the sheep to see over the rest of the herd.

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Jul 31 2018, 02:40 AM

Player

Ben didn't seem surprised at all that his wingull came after Soren, and the branded child couldn't help wondering what he'd done to irritate the bird pokemon. Wingull were so common that they were usually considered pests. "Winged vermin" might be the term used by those who couldn't appreciate the pokemon as a helpful team member and friend. Maybe Birdy saw Soren as a threat to her home and her friends. It was hard to imagine anyone seeing him as a threat to anything, but he supposed he may have looked like a stalking predator for a moment.

Soren certainly wasn't about to judge Ben for keeping pokemon that most would consider pests either. Which reminded Soren that he had news to share. "Oh Ben, I've caught a couple new pokemon. Do you want to meet them?" Soren asked, and before even waiting for Ben to answer he began fumbling in his bag for his pokeballs. He brought out two and tapped the button on each to release a pokemon. There was a brief flash of light before the two forms solidified on the field. One was a zigzagoon, small enough to tell that it was still young and untrained but disproportionately wide. The chunky raccoon pokemon looked up at the two boys with its crooked smile. Realizing that he was being watched, the zigzagoon sat up in his begging position and opened its mouth to let its tongue hang out in a dopey-looking pant. Soren had cleaned him up after bringing him home the first night, and he'd stolen a red ribbon from his sister and tied it in a pretty bow around his neck. He hoped that this would distinguish his pokemon as a pet zigzagoon and not a pest zigzagoon that so many people might attack or chase off. "This is Epicure. He's so cute when he does that!" Soren exclaimed joyfully as he crouched to rub Epicure's head.

The second pokemon stood a bit further away from the boys, turning its small eyes this way and that to take in this new environment. This pokemon was a bellsprout, and he didn't quite trust all these mareep around him. He worried that they might try to chomp at his leaves. He moved a bit closer to Soren, but froze when the boy came over to him and lifted his body of thin vines in his arms. "It's okay, I won't hurt you. I just want you to meet my friend," Soren's tone had gone from delighted exuberance to a near whisper as he tried not to frighten the skittish plant pokemon any further. He carried the bellsprout over to Ben so the blonde teenager could see it up close. "His name is Amaranth. I took him home because he got burned pretty badly out on the plain. But look, he's all better now!" Soren said as he examined his pokemon. The leaf that had been burned almost entirely off had shriveled and shed, but in its place a fresh new leaf had grown as good as new. "I think he's still pretty shy though."

Amaranth clearly hadn't spent enough time with Soren to be entirely comfortable with the boy's closeness, but he didn't lash out or try to escape. Once Soren was done showing him off to Ben, Soren would set the bellsprout down and recall him into his pokeball. "I think he still feels safer in there. Maybe I'll bring him out later when there aren't so many strange pokemon around him. If we go out for a walk maybe, like you said. Do you want any help? We could probably get your chores done faster if there's two of us working."

Meanwhile, Nimbus trotted off after Lucille. Once they reached the flock of sheep all crowded together, the lamb would simply use his smaller size to push into the group. "Mommy! It's me! I came to see you! Oh, hello everyone!" As soon as he'd entered the flock, the group parted slightly away from him as though they didn't entirely recognize him. The lamb found himself being snuffled all over by big warm snouts.

"Who is that?"

"He smells different from one of ours..." the other mareep gave some doubtful bleats.

"But I am one of yours! I smell different because I went away to live on a different farm. I went away with a human boy, but he brought me back to see you." Nimbus baaed back to them, becoming distressed as he worried the others wouldn't recognize him.

"I know you!" one of the mareep bleated out, and it was the sweetest most angelic sound that any mareep ever made to Nimbus at that moment. He recognized her at once as his mother and raced to her side.

"Mommy! You do remember me?"

"Of course I do!" She said and nuzzled her little lamb lovingly.

@Shasyu

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 08:20 PM

Mod

[image]
441 WORDS

Soren had mentioned having caught new pokemon. As soon as Ben heard this he was excited. He enjoyed seeing new creatures, especially if they were rare. Actually thinking about it, he hadn't exactly caught much of his own since he net Soren. In fact the only pokemon he met was Shelby. It wasn't that he wasn't appreciative of the little squirtle but he wished he had at least caught some more. It was silly thinking and Ben needed to focus on the conversation.

"Oh sure, I'd like to see them!" he said enthusiastically. Soren would then toss the balls letting out two small pokemon. The first one introduced was a zigzagoon. Ben was extremely familiar with these raccoon. They were often known as pest but the boy never thought of them as so. They were just hungry little fellas who were looking for a quick meal.

"Wow, look at this healthy lil guy," Ben said bending over to look at the fuzzy one. "If we had mareep as wide as you we'd not need so many to produce meat," the boy chuckled. Soren had introduced the zigzagoon as Epicure. Ben was not so creative when it came to names but Soren always seemed to be great at it. "Yeah he's gonna be a strong one when he grows."

The next pokemon Ben would meet was a bellsprout. The boy was also familiar with this one as they were pretty common out in the fields. He seemed timid, even towards Soren. The younger boy mentioned having nursed him to health but it didn't seem to matter. Ben could understand this as he has been taking care of the squirtle but it was still rather timid and preferred solitary. "That's great, I'm proud uh yuh!" The blonde said. "Only guy I made friends with is that little squirtle over there in that there tub," said Ben pointing over to where the turtle was hiding.

Immediately after being noticed, the squirtle ducked into the water. He didn't like that he was being pointed at. It was then that Birdy came landing on the tub to look down at the turtle. "You gotta come out of there sometime," the wingull crowed. The only response from Shelby was bubbles floating to the top of the water.

Lucille watched as Nimbus found her mother. It was heartwarming to see the two reconnect. At the same time it made the pig miss her own mother. She was glad to have Ben and this farm. The mareep may not have been her family and she knew some of them were only temporary but it was better than being alone.

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Aug 2 2018, 12:39 AM

Player

"Healthy" was a compliment Soren wasn't positive was authentic. His father had taken one look at Epicure and warned that Soren should put him on a diet and exercise plan or Epicure might develop serious health problems. It was too bad that while the ambassador was educating him about pokemon exercise, Soren still didn't know much about pokemon nutrition. He had no clue how much a zigzagoon of Epicure's age and activity level should be eating, so he mostly let the pokemon eat whatever he wanted.

Soren visibly tensed and paled a bit when Ben casually mentioned using mareep for meat. He thought he must have misunderstood. Soren bought Nimbus to be his pet, his friend, and his protector. The periodic wool was just an added bonus. Soren thought Luke's family made lots of money selling mareep and mareep wool. It never occurred to him that they might be slaughtered for meat. And yet it wasn't beyond fathoming. Even on his own farm, the pudgy pidgey were sometimes killed for meat. If a mudbray died, then it would be butchered for food. Crater City residents survived by making the most of every resource available.

Soren personally, however, struggled with eating meat. He wasn't allergic to it, and it wouldn't kill him if he did eat it. He just hated it, the taste, the texture, and especially the understanding that he was ingesting the corpse of a once-living creature. It made his stomach churn. Soren could manage to force some meat down if it was shredded or ground up enough and mixed in with other foods. What would have happened to Nimbus if Soren never bought him?

Ben continued on to mention that Epicure might grow up to be a strong pokemon, and Soren hoped that would be the case. Soren recovered slightly as Ben inadvertently distracted the younger boy and set his mind on a more positive topic. The idea that the Shepard family might be raising their sweet mareep for food seemed heaps less important than the fact that Ben said he was proud of him. Soren's cheeks colored again, but instead of acting embarrassed he smiled and bounced a bit on his toes in barely suppressed elation. It made Soren appear fidgety and hyper, but it was still more dignified that outright jumping for joy.

Soren turned his head to see where Ben was pointing, excited to see a squirtle. Soren knew a bit about squirtle, that they were a water type and one of the more useful ones that could help their trainers out even on land. While they weren't especially rare, Soren hadn't ever seen one up close before. He wondered what Ben's squirtle must look like, but he only got a glimpse of its blue face and big eyes before it dove back into the water of the bucket, causing a soft "plunk" sound.

"He seems shy. Is there anything he likes? Like berries or toys or anything?" Soren asked as he walked a little closer to the bucket. He didn't go very close, in part because he didn't want to distress Ben's pokemon. The other reason was because he could see Birdy perched right on the edge of the bucket, and Soren was now much more cautious about going near the wingull. He didn't quite trust it.

Epicure looked between the two boys, a bit disappointed to have lost their attention. He didn't expect he'd manage to weasel any food out of either of them like this. He waddled over to the bucket with the wingull perched on top and got up on his back legs, bracing his front paws on the lip of the bucket. He leaned over it and peered inside. He hadn't managed to get a glimpse of the pokemon before it went into hiding, so he was perhaps, even more curious about Shelby than Soren was and much less considerate of the squirtle's desire for personal space.

During all of this, Nimbus was busy reconnecting with his family. He'd forgotten entirely that Lucille was even around, and he would probably be perfectly happy to just play, snuggle, and chat with his old mareep flock until Soren called him back.

@Shasyu

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Aug 2 2018, 01:56 PM

Mod

[image]
402 WORDS

Ben nodded his head, at Soren’s comment of Shelby’s shyness. “Yeah, I didn’t exactly find em in the best condition,” the blonde answered. Soren went on asking what the turtle liked to eat. “Well he ain’t picky really. I just been sharin some veggies with em. He really likes bread though,” Ben chuckled that last part. It probably had to do with having first met him. Shelby just wanted the bread and it took so long for the squirtle to get it.

The boy went over to the tub with Soren to see if he could get the squirtle to show himself. Ben spotted Birdy perched on the rim and wondered if she was going to be trouble. He clicked his tongue for the bird to come to him. The wingull tilted her head at the boy and had no idea why he was doing that. She heard him make that sound at her all the time and it bugged her so much. Instead, the bird flew off back to her next. She didn’t want to be bothered by the boys.

Ben frowned a bit at the wingull but he figured it was better for her to fly off than be trouble. “Well, I’m still working with that one,” he explained, a bit embarrassed the bird didn’t listen to him. Getting over the whole Birdy thing, Ben peaked over the tub to see Shelby. The squirtle was withdrawn inside his shell, trying to avoid being seen. The frown didn’t leave Ben’s face at this point. “Well, now probably ain’t the best time.” Standing up straight Ben rubbed his head. “Yeah, seems they’re gonna need a bit convincin before comin out,” the blonde explained to his friend.

Looking over to the house, Ben wondered if he could grab some more bread to give to the pokemon as a treat. His mother had baked it for dinner later but he was sure she wouldn’t mind as long as it wasn’t put to waste. If she did, then he’d just use his guest as an excuse. “You can go wait with the mareep if ya like. I’m gonna go get somethin,”

While Ben was off, Lucille was still watching Nimbus. She lied down in the grass, making sure the sheep was doing alright. He was in her home and it would be rude if she left him alone, even if he was technically with family.

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Aug 3 2018, 09:58 AM

Player

"It's okay. If he's scared, I'll just leave him alone," Soren really wanted to meet Shelby, but he wasn't about to force his presence on a poor skittish pokemon. "What happened to him?" Soren remembered Ben mentioning that the squirtle hadn't been in the best condition, so maybe it had been hurt by another pokemon like his bellsprout had been. Ben seemed to think for a moment, looking back at the house before speaking to Soren again. "Okay," Soren replied, and watched as Ben ran back to his house.

"Epicure, come here and leave Shelby alone." Soren called, and the zigzagoon turned his head to the boy. He understood that he was being called, and he waddled over until he was beside Soren. He opened his mouth and chittered up at the boy, and Soren smiled and pat his head. "Good boy!" He loved his fat little zigzagoon friend. Epicure reminded him a lot of a puppy, actually. Like most children, Soren especially loved dog pokemon so having a zigzagoon that acted like a dog was pretty cool too.

Soren walked over to the mareep and saw Lucille keeping an eye on them. She seemed like such a faithful guardian, despite how nervous she'd been inside the tunnel. "Hi Lucille, thank you for watching Nimbus," Soren said as he crouched down and tried to give the cute tepig a gentle ear rub. Soren could see Nimbus socializing among all of the bigger mareep, but he couldn't see his brother, the last little lamb that was for sale when Soren bought Nimbus. That didn't necessarily mean anything bad, Soren reminded himself. Probably Nimbus's other brother just got bought and taken to a new home.

@Shasyu

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Aug 3 2018, 11:59 AM

Mod

[image]
430 WORDS

Ben smiled, hearing that Soren was understanding of Squirtle’s shyness. He even asked what had happened to Shelby. It was kind of a funny story when thinking about it now, but during the moment, it felt like their lives were on the line. “Well I found em by the bay. He was bein bullied by a slowpoke an nincada. We had ta grab em and run, just to get away from em,” he explained. He used hand gestures and tone chances to describe the story further. Ben wasn’t a great actor but he tried.

Whether or not Soren replied to the story, Ben would continue over to this house to fetch a roll of bread. He opened the door carefully, trying not to make a sound. It creaked slightly, but it shouldn’t have been enough to disturb his mother and sister who were likely upstairs. The boy crept into the kitchen where he’d find a basket of the sweet, delicious rolls gather together in preparation for tonight’s dinner. Ben peeked his head into the dinner area to see if anyone was around. He didn’t hear a sound on the ground level, but he could hear some creaking of footsteps above.

The boy quickly snagged two long rolls, trying not to hog everything. He would just not have a roll tonight as he was going to use it now. He was sure his sister wouldn’t mind going without one. She mostly acted as if she didn’t like to overstuff herself anyway. The boy crept back out of the house, and only started running after he made it out.

Noticing Soren’s arrival near her, the tepig stood and turned to face him. She wasn’t sure what he was saying but she knew she recognized her name. She wiggled her coiled tail and smiled at the boy. He seemed like he was being nice so she saw no reason to ignore him. Lucille allowed Soren to pet her as she looked over to the zigzagoon who was by his side. For a moment she thought he was one of the pests they had to remove before but judging by the thing wrapped around him, he was owned, likely by Soren. “Hi, I haven’t met you before,” she said, sweetly.

While everyone else was socializing, Ben came over, finding Soren exactly where he suggested he’d go. Holding both rolls of bread, he reached out to hand the younger boy one. “Here ya go, you can share that one with your buddies and I’ll share this one with mine,” Ben explained.

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Aug 4 2018, 12:19 AM

Player

"Poor Shelby," was all Soren said when Ben told him the sad story about the squirtle being bullied. He had some understanding of what it felt like to be bullied, and if he'd been born with a shell, there were times he may have wanted to hide inside it and escape from the world too. They must have been strong pokemon to pick on a squirtle though. With their tough shells and water attacks, a squirtle was not an easy pokemon to push around under normal circumstances. Even though Soren felt bad for the squirtle, he couldn't help smiling at the funny way Ben told the story. He had a very kinetic way of communicating that made it all much more entertaining.

When Ben came back out, Soren happily accepted the soft roll of bread. "Thank you!" Soren said, feeling a little excited. He hadn't eaten anything since a quick breakfast before he left for the farm, and the roll looked delicious. He tore it apart in his hands, marveling at how soft and fluffy it felt. They had bread back in Crater City, of course, but in his own house most of their bread was made from corn simply because it was easier to harvest and process. The workers never had the time to really let bread sit and rise, so this was a special treat for him.

"Oh, Hello," Epicure said to Lucille, but he barely looked at her. His eyes were focused on Soren in what could easily have been mistaken (as Soren often did) for devotion. In truth, he was just anticipating that the boy was about to share food with him. Soren could almost always be relied on to share food when he had it. Such a sweet, generous kid. And a bit of a sucker, but hey, Epicure thought, at least he's my sucker now.

Soren looked over at Nimbus. He'd tried to feed the lamb bread in the past, but he never seemed too interested in it. He preferred to graze, which honestly made it easier on Soren too. There wasn't much chance of running out of grass anytime soon on the Lions Plains. Genesis and Amaranth weren't big bread fans either, so that really just left Epicure to share with. "Are you hungry, Epicure?"

What a silly question! Epicure was always hungry. The zigzagoon sat up straight and opened his mouth, panting in the way that canine pokemon did.

"Okay, show me how you growl. Go grrr!" Soren commanded.

Epicure would rather if the boy would just cough over the bread already, but it was typical of humans to want to see a trick first. The zigzagoon suppressed his annoyance and opened his mouth for a series of high-pitched chatters that constituted his "growl".

"Good boy!" Soren said, absolutely delighted, and he gave Epicure half of the roll while he enjoyed the other half himself. The fat zigzagoon gobbled the bread down joyfully, but Soren was much slower about eating his snack. He wandered back over to where Ben was with his pokemon and took small slow bites as he watched how the older boy managed his own pokemon.

@Shasyu

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Aug 4 2018, 10:01 PM

Mod

[image]
634 WORDS

Lucille was a bit annoyed the zigzagoon barely had anything to say to her. He was so focused on the food Ben had just retrieved that he didn’t even look at her. The pig rolled her eyes as it was typical for a pest to behave in such a way. It wasn’t as this raccoon looked as if he was being starved. It didn’t matter anyway, as there would be plenty of time to socialize later. For now the tepig would just turn to Ben, hoping to get a piece of bread for herself.

The blonde enjoyed watching the zigzagoon scarf down his share. Ben was glad he liked it and he just got a kick out of any pokemon with an appetite. That is, as long as that didn’t involve them trying to eat him or his pokemon. Whenever Soren was finished feeding his pokemon, Ben remembered that he had his own pokemon to feed. He also wanted to see if he could get Shelby to come out of hiding.

First the boy ripped off a piece for Lucille. The blonde reached down and held it out to allow the pig to take it off his hand. Taking a whiff first, the pig grabbed hold of the piece and dropped it to the ground where she could pick at it. She didn’t want to choke it down so quickly. The tepig wanted to enjoy it for as long as she could.

Ben broke another piece off the roll and tossed it behind him without a care to see if anything or anyone was there. With the piece flying through the air, a white and blue blur, zipped by and snagged the grab out of the air. Birdy perched herself onto a fence post and began devouring her share as she flapped her wings joyfully. She loved this stuff so much and knew when it was for it. Ben didn’t even bother to see if she had caught it successfully. He had felt the wind of her brush by as she flew down to catch her treat.

Finally turning around, Ben walked over to Shelby’s tub so that he could check on the turtle. “C’mon,” he said, gesturing for Soren to follow after him. Ben hovered over the water, peeking in to look at the squirtle. Shelby was till withdrawn in, though bubbles could be seen coming from the shell as they rose to the top, popping as they broke the surface. Ben was distracted by his reflection rippling in the water and how silly it looked. He only chuckled internally.

“Hey, there lil’ guy. I got somethin’ real nice for ya,” he said gently. Ben ripped off another piece, leaving himself with enough to feed himself. The piece was held above the water to bait the squirtle into coming out. Shelby poked his head out to look up. He spotted the bread and remained there for a moment, weighing his options. If he came out for the bread, they’d all be staring at him. If not, he wouldn’t get to eat. The squirtle was awfully hungry.

Shelby floated upward, poking out his arms and legs as well. His tail was wagging lightly as he could smell the break as soon as his nose broke the surface. He wanted it so badly. Ben began backing up with the bread, to lure Shelby out. The turtle continued to follow the blonde, as he climbed out of the tub, inching his way over to the piece of bread. Ben then handed the piece to Soren to see if he’d take it. “Here ya go,” said the blonde. “Jus’ feed it to ‘em.”

The squirtle stood there unsure of what was happening. Was Ben giving his piece to this stranger?

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Aug 7 2018, 06:09 AM

Player

Soren watched Ben feeding his pokemon. He felt a pang of jealousy as Lucille ate out of his hand. The tepig was so cute, and she would grow up to be very strong as long as she got plenty of exercise. A fire or fighting type was just the kind of pokemon that the ambassador had advised Soren to adopt in order to help protect Genesis from the bug and dark types that she was weak against. Unfortunately, such pokemon weren't always easy to find. Ben was really lucky to have met Lucille, and even luckier that she was such a sweetheart. "Where did you find Lucille? Did you get her from your parents?" Soren knew that some farms bred tepig, and Ben's family probably had the money to buy one for him. Prices for the little fire pigs ran much too high for Soren to afford on a branded worker's salary. If Ben had caught her in the wild, however, maybe if Soren looked in the same place he could find a tepig to catch and take home.

As Ben tossed one piece of bread into the air, his wingull swooped down and caught it in her mouth. Soren smiled, impressed, but still gave Birdy plenty of space. Soren remembered being warned once not to feed wingulls down by Crater City's bay. Evidently if they thought you had food (or thought you were food), they could attack in a flock and do serious damage. He remembered with a chill one Peace Officer warning him that they had a fondness for pecking out eyes. Soren pushed the thought away and turned back to Ben, taking a few steps closer to Shelby's tub. He didn't want to scare the squirtle, but he was still curious too.

Seeing that Ben was the one with the food now, Epicure waddled away from Soren and instead sat beside Ben. He wagged his bristly tail and panted, just like he'd done to Soren when he wanted bread from the younger boy. "Epicure, no! You've been feed." Soren scolded, fueled somewhat by a bitter betrayed feeling. So much for loyalty and devotion! Evidently, Epicure was loyal to whoever had food to give him at any moment. Soren would need to work on this. He could be in big trouble if his life depended on a pokemon who'd turn on him for a bread roll. "Epicure, that's for Shelby! You'd better back off or I'll need to put you back in your pokeball." Soren threatened, taking the red and white sphere out of his bag and holding it out where the zigzagoon could see it.

Epicure looked from Soren to Ben, making a sad desperate chatter and giving them sad eyes as though he were starving to death. The zigzagoon decided that his chances of further feedings were best if he stayed outside his pokeball as long as possible, so he waddled back to his trainer with his head hanging in despair. Soren gave Epicure a dark look, still feeling hurt over how quickly he'd been abandoned in favor of Ben.

Soren's injured feelings were soon forgotten as Shelby finally made an appearance. Soren grinned, but tried to keep perfectly silent. Maybe the squirtle would forget he was even here. If Shelby looked in his direction, Soren would even avert his eyes and pretend to be very interested in the flock of mareep nearby. Ben surprised him though, by leading the squirtle right up to him and then handing him the bread to feed it. Soren gave the older boy a look of wild joy, his dark eyes practically sparkling in gratitude. "Me? Oh, okay!"

Epicure backed up a few steps, his ears wilted sadly as he watched his boy (his!) feeding another boy's pokemon. His feelings of hurt and betrayal were almost identical to the ones Soren was feeling just moments before. Seriously, would this kid just feed any random pokemon he encountered? Epicure only had to think for a short moment before he came to his answer. Yes. Yes, he probably would.

Soren crouched down low and held his arm all the way out in font of him, palm up with the bread piece resting in his hand. "Hi Shelby! It's real nice to meet you. Here's a treat for you. Go ahead. You can have it." Meanwhile, Soren was trying to observe as many details about this pokemon as possible, the short limbs, the hooked upper lip, and the curved tail. Soren wondered if Shelby had teeth, and he watched the pokemon curiously to see if he could catch a glimpse of any as the squirtle put the bread in his mouth.

@Shasyu

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp SAHVOT
skin by bonbon.