Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in tempers. Beta and Omega are finally in direct conflict, click here to keep up on it. If your character is part of either side, the expedition & pursuit thread has all the details. And don't forget, our Player Appreciation and the short stories lore contest both end at the end of August!

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Closed
New Poll

Thrift Shop, I'm huntin' [Trade][Meds + Balls]
Amissa
 Posted: Jul 29 2018, 07:27 PM

Player

Soren walked up to one of the medicine vendors that set up shop in Crater City. He was familiar with the area. He worked every day passing places like these as he and his girafarig did their deliveries. In the past, he hadn't needed to purchase anything. He didn't go anywhere and his pokemon didn't get into fights until rather recently. Now that he and his pokemon had a little combat experience though, he thought it was best to be prepared. Being prepared is what their leader, Beta was always telling them to do anyway. It might as well be a command straight from Arceus to go to the markets and buy medicines and pokeballs before you get yourself in a bad situation that you can't escape from easily.

It helped that he knew the city well enough to know where to shop. He stayed away from the shops near the city's great entrance. Those shops were the first to greet newcomers and tourists, and Soren suspected they cranked their prices up to exploit weary and desperate travelers. Instead, he went to the shops a bit deeper in the city and close to where most of the branded workers were housed.

"Good morning!" Soren said brightly. He wouldn't be surprised if he was this vendor's first customer. It was early in the morning, before he needed to leave to start his deliveries and only the pale light of dawn illuminated the streets. Soren should have been exhausted after spending the first part of his night out on the plain and the rest of it bringing his new pokemon home. He had the feeling that he shouldn't leave them alone on the farm very long, especially Zigzagoon. For now though, he'd left Genesis to oversee the newcomers so he could get a little shopping done. Despite running on almost no sleep at all, Soren actually felt very energetic and happy. He had two new friends to play with and train, and he was still riding the adrenaline from his exciting night.

"Are you open for business yet? I was wondering if you had one potion and one elixir that I could buy. If you happen to have any, I'd also like to buy a couple of pokeballs. I have some tokens to pay you." Soren offered, lifting his cap a bit so that the brand on his forehead was visible. To an honest seller, his brand wouldn't matter. To a less honest one, Soren hoped it would indicate "I'm from around here. I'm one of you. Please don't screw me over."

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jul 30 2018, 12:32 PM

Mod

@Amissa

A young woman who was rather tall and bulky was up early that morning. She had yet to receive a customer and she didn't expect any. She had trouble sleeping the day before and figured since she was awake, she may as well open up early. With things set up, she's eventually spot a boy approached her shop. She didn't really think anyone would be there but here the boy was.

A bit enthusiastic to see the young man as well as anyone who was up early enough to catch her on this day, she felt pretty generous. "I can give you a potion and an elixer for $80 each. The total would be $160," she said with a smile on her face. "As far as pokeballs go, I don't have any. You may have to check someplace else, kid."

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Jul 30 2018, 02:37 PM

Player

"Thank you so much!" Soren chirped, leaning forward and counting out the number of tokens requested and offering them out to the woman. As he accepted his purchase, he looked briefly around the area to see if he could spot any other shops opening up. He wasn't surprised that he couldn't buy medicine and pokeballs at the same place. They were entirely different items after all, but maybe this generous woman could help point him in the right direction.

"Would you be able to suggest anyplace that might sell pokeballs this early? I need them rather badly. I made a couple of pokemon friends, and I want to be able to keep them safe," Soren explained, unable to pass up on the chance to brag about the cute new pokemon he'd just brought home. He left out that he was also concerned that they might cause havoc in his home, and he got into enough trouble without the extra help of undisciplined pokemon. He looked up at the woman hopefully, but if she couldn't help him, he would try looking around on his own.

@Shasyu

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jul 30 2018, 03:26 PM

Mod

@Amissa

The woman gladly took the boys coin and handed him the medicine. Placing away the tokens, she thought for a moment on the boy's question. She only knew of one man who would be up at this time. He's have what Soren was looking for but chances were he wouldn't be as generous as she was.

"There is a man who will have all the pokeballs you could possibly be looking for. You should catch him if you head straight ahead. You can't miss him," she said, pointing to the right of her shop. To soren this would be to his right.

The pokeball merchant was a well toned man. He had a patchy beard seemed to be in his prime. If Soren sought him out, he'd find the man looking through his goods making sure everything was accounted for. Once approached, the man would make no expression as he looked the boy directly in his eye.

"Stock is low lately and I'm your best bet in town. Pokeballs are $170 each."

--------------------
PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Jul 30 2018, 07:16 PM

Player

Soren lifted his eyebrows slightly at the man and considered trying to haggle him down. There was a moment of silence as the boy did some mental calculations. He had just saved some tokens on the medicine, and with pokeballs being a popular product with few skilled enough to craft them and considering the earliness of the hour the mark up wasn't unreasonable. Soren could afford it, though he was loathe to pay more than was absolutely necessary for anything. Responsible spending was something he was educated about as early as he was able to speak. Chances were that if he waited until after his work when more people would be out and business picked up for this man and other vendors, the prices would only go higher.

Thus, Soren decided to take the offer. "I understand, sir. Thank you, I would like to buy two please." Soren said as he carefully counted out the tokens and pushed them towards the man and accepted the pair of pokeballs in return.

@Shasyu

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Jul 30 2018, 07:32 PM

Mod

topic closed
▲▲ x1 Potion
▲▲ x1 Elixer
▲▲ x2 Pokeballs

▼▼ -500 tokens

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp SAHVOT
skin by bonbon.