Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in tempers. Beta and Omega are finally in direct conflict, click here to keep up on it. If your character is part of either side, the expedition & pursuit thread has all the details. And don't forget, our Player Appreciation and the short stories lore contest both end at the end of August!

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Add Reply
New Poll

Most/Least Likely To...
Kaien
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 12:01 PM

Admin

Most/Least Likely To...

Part of our player appreciation month!

These are titles that anyone can win, really, from the newest to the oldest, because they are mostly based around personalities. These will likely take a lot of discussion and voting to determine winners. I am willing to accept two-way ties, but no more than that, so for many of these there might be hearty debate! Prizes will be given out at the end of the month.

a. Who is least likely to ever get their Pokemon to 100% loyalty?
    b. Who is most likely to forsake all of the dirty landlubbers and become a pirate, sailing Terrene's seas for the rest of their days?
    c. Who is least likely to get into a physical altercation with another person?
    d. Who is most likely to lose, kill, or just become disinterested in their starter Pokemon?
    e. Who is least likely to bathe... ever?
    f. Who is most likely to be/become... BATMAN
    g. Who is least likely to save a pokemon in need?
    h. Who is most likely to start Terrene's first charity organization (and who/what would it benefit)?
    i. Who is least likely to get a full team (6+) of Pokemon?
    j. Who is most likely to risk infection and death and get an embarrassing tattoo (and what would it be)?
    k. Who is least likely to go against Terrene's traditions and taboos regarding demons and dragons?
    l. Who is most likely to get slapped right across their face, and totally deserve it?
    m. Who is the least likely to get slapped right across their face, and totally deserve it?
    n. Who is most likely to do anything on a dare/bet for 100 tokens?
    o. Who is least likely to ever evolve one of their Pokemon?
    p. Who is most likely to end up rotting in Crater's jail?
    q. Who is least likely to ever break Crater's laws, intentionally or otherwise?
    r. Who is the most likely to star in a dev thread that will be so emotional it will make everyone cry?
    s. Who is least likely to gain more loyalty with a new pokemon than their starter?
    t. Who is most likely to be able to make Avery blush?
    u. Who is least likely to ever win Avery's approval?
    v. Who is most likely to be the Luigi to someone else's Mario (ie, the underrated sidekick and never the hero)?
    w. Who is least likely to be the Luigi to someone else's Mario (ie, unable to take commands and always trying to steal the spotlight)?
    x. Who is most likely to accidentally kill their friend by telling a pun so terrible (read: amazing) that their brain imploded?
    y. Who is least likely to develop a sense of humor at all?
    z. Who is most likely to get drunk and end up confessing their undying love for anyone and everyone?

»
PM
^
kira
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 12:22 PM

Temp

ALRIGHT I'm not nominating Flash for anything, so TIME TO TAKE A LOOK AT RI'S TERRIBLENESS (I picked ones I figured seemed plausible)

* e. Who is least likely to bathe... ever?

Ri has canonically not bathed in a year. She will continue to not bathe until someone forces her to.

* l. Who is most likely to get slapped right across their face, and totally deserve it?

Ri CURRENTLY DESERVES TO BE SLAPPED ACROSS THE FACE FOR WHAT SHE DID TO BLUE

* n. Who is most likely to do anything on a dare/bet for 100 tokens?

Ri would probably do it out of boredom and possibly break all the bones in her legs. She really is that stupid sometimes.

* p. Who is most likely to end up rotting in Crater's jail?

I feel like Ri would do something stupid like try to punch Avery/Beta and then get promptly arrested 5ever I'M JUST SAYING IT COULD HAPPEN

* u. Who is least likely to ever win Avery's approval?

Ri seems to be allergic to positive interactions with any of Rixie's characters oml. She's already a dirty jerk in Avery's eyes I'm pretty sure, and I doubt her life decisions prove her any more impressive oml, especially since she'd jump off a cliff and flip him off dramatically. And no I'm not kidding that much.

--------------------
PM
^
Rixie
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 12:28 PM

Lore

“t. Who is most likely to make Avery blush?”
I’d like to propose that the only one who can truly make Avery blush is Avery himself, because nobody makes him blush unless he wants to blush.

“q. Who is least likely to ever break Crater's laws, intentionally or otherwise?”
Avery. Because he’s a stickler for the rules and he strongly believes in them. ....unles we’re including in the past, in which case he did have a rebellious phase.

“g. Who is least likely to save a pokemon in need?”
Paul... He hasn’t shown it as much yet but he’s kind of a jerk to Pokémon that he doesn’t immediately target as “mine”. Unless the Pokémon can somehow help him or he feels like he needs to acquire it for some reason or another, he’ll mostly just be like “Wow how brutal. Sucks to be you. Nature is a cruel mistress and all that.” but in a more dramatic and poetic way.

“l. Who is most likely to get slapped right across their face, and totally deserve it?”
Paul. Seriously. Yikes, Paul. Have you seen the kind of shenanigans he tries to pull off? Kissing girls’ hands after they tell them to get lost, flirt heavily with and try to go home with at least two girls on the same day, guilt-manipulate-breakdown a poor farmer girl because she didn’t call him his name...

“w. Who is least likely to be the Luigi to someone else's Mario (ie, unable to take commands and always trying to steal the spotlight)?“
Cynthia. A natural leader, a large ego, very likely to insist that she is subordinate to none.

“y. Who is least likely to develop a sense of humor at all?”
Avery. I defer to the time when Joshua asked him if he was going to use his sword to help build the wall, and he just looked at him oddly and was like “no that would be inefficient and it might scratch the blade?”

--------------------
PM
^
BestBella
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 12:56 PM

Temp

Look at my messy children look at them go

"c. Who is least likely to get into a physical altercation with another person?"

Blue has literally been beaten and still refused to fight the person hurting her.

"h. Who is most likely to start Terrene's first charity organization (and who/what would it benefit)?"

Okay so this just screams Blue and heck... Tbh she would totally try and do a charity for demons

"m. Who is the least likely to get slapped right across their face, and totally deserve it?"

I mean it's not likely for Blue to deserve getting slapped across the face.

"p. Who is most likely to end up rotting in Crater's jail?"

Do I even have to speak her name?

But seriously I think it's been established that Dawn is highkey insane and she's likely to screw up somehow which is why I'm keeping her as far away from the witch hunt as possible

"r. Who is the most likely to star in a dev thread that will be so emotional it will make everyone cry?"

Well according to the Cbox, Blue is depressing as hell and yeaaah I think I've apparently done a dev like that.

"s. Who is least likely to gain more loyalty with a new pokemon than their starter?"

Kid is forever Dawn's favorite child and nothing can change that.

"u. Who is least likely to ever win Avery's approval?"

Elliot: "PRAISE OMEGA"

"x. Who is most likely to accidentally kill their friend by telling a pun so terrible (read: amazing) that their brain imploded?"

Literally all of my characters love puns and would probably attempt this. But if I had to pick one... Dawn. She's literally going to get a weedle just to name it Plan Bee and is a big-time pun lover.

"z. Who is most likely to get drunk and end up confessing their undying love for anyone and everyone?"

Keep Blue away from the alcohol please.

--------------------
PM
^
Shasyu
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 01:21 PM

Mod

c. Ben is least likely to get into a physical altercation with another person because he hates confrontation.

d. Ivan is most likely to lose, kill, or just become disinterested in their starter Pokemon because Grimm doesn't care about him either.

f. Victor is most likely to be/become... BATMAN, because he isn't the best at showing emotion. Always adopting sidekicks, and has no parents. He cares about law and justice.

g. Ivan is least likely to save a pokemon in need because he could care less.

k. Ben is least likely to go against Terrene's traditions and taboos regarding demons and dragons because his dad wouldn't allow it.

l. Ivan is most likely to get slapped right across their face, and totally deserve it because he's an awful person.

m. Ben is the least likely to get slapped right across their face, and totally deserve it because he doesn't look for trouble and likes helping others.

p. Ivan is most likely to end up rotting in Crater's jail because he'll try to burn Crater to the ground.

q. Ben is least likely to ever break Crater's laws, intentionally or otherwise because his dad would give him more chores.

r. Victor is the most likely to star in a dev thread that will be so emotional it will make everyone cry because no one expects Victor to have an emotional journey.

s. Ivan is least likely to gain more loyalty with a new pokemon than their starter because the others dont like torture as Grimm does.

u. Ivan is least likely to ever win Avery's approval because Ivan wants Avery and Beta dead.

--------------------
PM
^
Aya
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 01:57 PM

Temp

b. Who is most likely to forsake all of the dirty landlubbers and become a pirate, sailing Terrene's seas for the rest of their days?

Honestly, at some point, I feel like Jillian will just be fed up with everyone and live as a hermit like she used to in the Sufferverse... So she might as well do it on the seas! Also why does this spoil the theme of my short story contest entry

Sonia. Too nice and too gentle.

h. Who is most likely to start Terrene's first charity organization (and who/what would it benefit)?

Sonia. Her character development has been heading toward the goal I originally had for her, which is being a mother hen character and charity sounds like a great way to fulfill her need to help everyone. Perhaps the conflict between Beta and Omega will escalate and Sonia will want to offer refuge and safety to the people of Terrene?

m. Who is the least likely to get slapped right across their face, and totally deserve it?

Sonia. 2pure4me.

Jillian is still in the middle of picking a side between Omega and Beta... She helped with the spying, of course, but it was out of curiosity, not loyalties. Chances are, she'll want to work with Omega if she likes his group more and being a Crater citizen, she might need to be careful about that.

Sonia, I mean... Aside from the fact that she has literally just bought a house in Ashfield and has no plans to leave, so she won't be coming to Crater anytime soon, she's also too nice and too soft to break laws. She'd feel bad!

r. Who is the most likely to star in a dev thread that will be so emotional it will make everyone cry?

Sonia. Leave it up to her to make things dramatic. Just wait until one of her pokemon dies...

x. Who is most likely to accidentally kill their friend by telling a pun so terrible (read: amazing) that their brain imploded?

Sonia loves jokes!

--------------------
PM
^
Sev
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 02:23 PM

Player

Nox. And he would do it all for Azura's sake, lol

Jace. He's pretty calm and not prone to starting fights (he'd defend himself if someone else started it though)

Nox. Because reasons

Vex, though there are some situations in which he would save a pokemon if it somehow also benefited him.

Hmm...probably Jace. He's only interested in catching pokemon that help Omega's research or are of interest to him for some reason...and there aren't many of those, lol

l. Who is most likely to get slapped right across their face, and totally deserve it?
Vex. He's a brat sometimes and I can imagine some people do not appreciate a snarky 15 year old, lol

Jace. I just don't really see him doing anything that would make someone want to slap him.

Totally Vex. He'd try anything once unless it was something that was sure to end with him dying. Hard to claim your winnings if you're dead, after all~

Jace because he works for Omega and I could see Beta tossing him in jail for that

Pfft. Jace for sure. Hard to win the approval of Beta's favorite Ambassador when you work for Undesirable #1 xD

v. Who is most likely to be the Luigi to someone else's Mario (ie, the underrated sidekick and never the hero)?
Jace, I doubt he'd ever try to steal the spotlight from anyone. He is happier as a follower, not a hero.

w. Who is least likely to be the Luigi to someone else's Mario (ie, unable to take commands and always trying to steal the spotlight)?
Vex, he's too darn headstrong to just be the sidekick. Just take a look at him in the Boy Band Tunnel. Avery told him to stay behind him and vex was all 'nope, can't make me' and walked alongside Avery instead, lol.

--------------------
PM
^
Jani
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 02:46 PM

Admin

I'll do my own nominations now, and wait to start voting/commenting on the others until there are a few more in. :D

Zahir. Because he doesn't care. If his Pokemon get there, it'll be by their own personalities and not by his efforts. All he cares is that they'll do what he says, for one reason or another. Once they're at the point where his Pokemon will obey him without much question (which is typically around 35% or so), Zahir will be satisfied. He doesn't care as much about the mooshy stuff that follows. Pokemon are tools, not friends.

Zahir, probably? One of his main priorities is to not get on anyone's bad side, ever.

d. Who is most likely to lose, kill, or just become disinterested in their starter Pokemon?

Zahir, again. His starter is a little bug and as much as I personally love that cute pink bug, Zahir will not hesitate to abandon her if she doesn't prove her worth. A little bug with painfully few attacks/abilities, especially when compared with how cool the other two Pokemon he already has? Idk, man...

Cynth! She's finally gaining confidence, and beginning to bloom as a bit of a leader. In fact, in the far-flung future, it is currently my plan that she will breed and/or train service Pokemon to help the disabled, chronically ill, or others who are in need. She knows what it's like to live a life at a disadvantage, and she has found strength in her own Pokemon. She wants to help others in similar situations.

Cynth? She's just so sweet and pacifist. Though compared with some others vying for this spot, I'm not sure.

Ugh. I almost hate this, but Cynth...? I have vague plans to evolve her Pokemon, but... I guess I'm mostly nominating her for this because I'm lame and I have no time to post for her and why does Ponyta not evolve until level 40...

:) Zahir! Zahir will always be Arshia's less interesting sidekick, and he doesn't even care if she gets all the glory. In fact, he thinks that's how it should be. Arshia is everything. He is unworthy dust that has the privilege to serve her, even if he doesn't deserve it.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Kaien
 Posted: Aug 1 2018, 04:00 PM

Admin

Same as Jani - Just making my own nominations, and I'll get back to voting later in the month ~

Arshia. It's pretty clear she doesn't care much for emotional connections. As long as she has their loyalty enough to follow her advice and commands, she doesn't need anymore devotion. unless you count Zahir but uh xD
Leona. And probably because someone told her she would never be able to survive out at sea.
...why are my girls so fighty...
Nope. Not my gals.
I wanted to vote Leona just for the sake of competing against Ri, but she cleans herself because being dirty is uncomfortable and inconvenient- see, rashes, dried blood from animals, infections, etc.
Leona. She's growing her skills to fight herself rather than relying on her pokemon. She moody and not overly social. She's not going to stop a bunch of starry eyed wayward brats from tagging along with her even if they keep dying/leaving BATMAN YOU NEED TO STOP ADOPTING ROBINS
Leona. See the weedle, where her version of 'help' was literally killing it 8,D
Shae! She's planning, after her travels to build/get a nice big house and use it as a charity home for immigrants in need. There isn't much support for immigrants who just keep coming, so she wants to give them a place to stay and help nurture their skills so they can succeed in this wild world!
Leona. Honestly her having 2 is already a push as it is. Note that she started in Jan 2017, and didn't even get a second pokemon until like, a few weeks ago xD
j. Who is most likely to risk infection and death and get an embarrassing tattoo (and what would it be)?
...Leona. Probably because someone told her she'd never be able to do it OTL
k. Who is least likely to go against Terrene's traditions and taboos regarding demons and dragons?
Well, i want to say Shae, because she wouldn't ever get a dragon, but she's already got a demon sooooo--- Leona! She pretends she doesn't believe in the tales and stories, but as seen in her Terrene Appreciation story last year, she respects the stories and warnings, so I think she'd stray away from demons and dragons.
Arshia. She has no concept of emotions, so of course she pisses people off with her inconsiderate and direct remarks to... everything.
Shae my presh bb. She's too sunshine-y and set on making people happy to deserve a good smack.
Leona. She'd do it for nothing if you told her it was something she couldn't do, but tokens are nice too.
Leona. Because she'll never get a pokemon that can actually evolve!
I'll leave this one because none of my girls stand a chance here xD
Arshia. She might swoop in to take control and then change the laws, but my lawful gal sure as heck ain't breaking any flat out.
Ohhh heck. I can't answer this, because I can't reveal future plans so I'll respectfully step aside on this one xD
s. Who is least likely to gain more loyalty with a new pokemon than their starter?
Leona. She loves that dang jolteon too much to ever spend more time with anything or anyone else.
t. Who is most likely to be able to make Avery blush?
Heck. I feel like, based on plotting plans and stuff, I have to say Leona. I feel like, as of now, she's the only contender for the possibility of any sort of romance with him. And she wouldn't be chased away by his stoic lack of emotions, so she might actually be able to get under that thick outer-emotionless shell he wears.
Eeeehhhhh Shae. I feel like she's likely to be very lenient with laws, especially thinking that the branded in general is a horrid thing, and if brought to Crater would whole-heartedly protest.
...welp
Arshia. I don't even feel like I need to explain here.
Leona, once I get her to a state where she's actually happy 8,D
Arshia. Humor requires emotion, right? That's not happening, kthxbye.
z. Who is most likely to get drunk and end up confessing their undying love for anyone and everyone?
Shae. Heck, she'd probably do it sober too, but she'd be much more loud and proud of it when she's drunk xD

--------------------

PM
^
Amissa
 Posted: Aug 10 2018, 08:10 PM

Player

Just nominating my characters for a few of these.

Cecilia, except she would be Gligarwoman! Seeing as how most of Terrene doesn't have a proper government or police force, that means all justice is vigilante justice. And she has the perfect pokemon companion to pull it off too! Grape would be thrilled to strike terror into the hearts of everyone evil-doers.

Cecilia would, and she'd start a charity benefiting immigrant children aimed at finding them before they die horribly in the wilds of Terrene and then adopting them out to responsible adults. She has personal reasons, if she ever gets the memory of her child back or even remembers that she once had a child, she'd know that if her own child is alive at all, she'd be brought to Terrene as an immigrant. Even if she never gets her memory back, she has the maternal and generous personality to want to look out for the innocent and defenseless and no one could be more innocent and defenseless in her opinion than a lost, orphaned, memory-wiped child.

Soren sadly. First of all, he probably wouldn't understand the dangers of getting the tattoo. And I feel like what he'd think of as cool would not be at all what other people think is cool. He'd probably get a mudbray, since it has cultural significance to him and his family. No matter where you go, you need to remember where you came from after all. But other people would see it and be like, "Is that an ass? Why do you have an ass tattoo on your arm?" And Soren would either become embarrassed or angry. Angry Soren would come back with, "Why do you have an ass tattoo on your head? Oh wait, is that your face?"

Cecilia. She doesn't remember it, but she actually attended a fancy school in the the old universe where she learned etiquette and anger management. Before that though, she handled most problems by punching them right in the face. As she is now, she's not likely to provoke a fight, but she will definitely be the one to finish it.

Soren. He is both poor, and doesn't have the best understanding of long-term consequences for his actions. Trouble is that Soren isn't all that brave though, he's just easily bribed.

Soren because he's a child so everything that happens to him evokes much more emotion. Plus he has very emotional plots to work with, like learning about his dead mother, his mentor (father?) going away to war, his ongoing quest to make friends and grow into a responsible functioning adult. Teenage angst interrupted by pokemon battles.

v. Who is most likely to be the Luigi to someone else's Mario?

Soren, but he's actually a very good sidekick. He isn't much of a leader, at least not yet. He'd rather somebody else be in charge and give the orders, though with certain characters (I don't quite trust Vex's judgement) this could end badly for him.

Genesis, Soren's girafarig. She isn't technically her own character, but she sort of is.

Soren, provided he stays awake long enough to speak. Small people require less alcohol to become drunk, Soren loves everyone anyway, and if he saw other people drinking alcohol then he'd definitely want to do it too. (He wants so badly to be cool and fit in.) However, alcohol makes him sleepy so this confession would probably be the last words out of his mouth before he takes a nap on the nearest open surface.

--------------------
PM
^
Kite
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 09:45 PM

Player

Ariel definitely. He's likely to go weeks without realizing he reeks, not to mention he kind of likes to go digging in the mud.

Ariel, again. Mostly because it would appeal to his inner healer and he'd get extremely excited about it. Healing up Pokemon? He'd be up for it. Giving another person a leg splint for free because they broke a leg? No problem. He loves to help others, even if it will result in his own humiliation and embarrassment.

Ariel. He does not let go of things easily, as a testament to his grudges. If he bet with someone and lost, he would go all the extra miles to ensure he fulfills his end of the bet. In this case, it would be the tattoo. He may get a terrible infection and die from it, but at least he has honor, right? An embarrassing tattoo. Hmm. For him, embarrassing would be words on his shoulder that spell out '#1 MOM.'

Probably Ariel. He doesn't discriminate. Demons and dragons are just another Pokemon, and deserve respect just as much as any other. He will never deny a Pokemon when it comes to healing, whether others like it or not.

Ariel, definitely. If someone offered to give him 100 tokens, he would take them up on that in a heartbeat. Technically he's already done this in the suffering universe, even if it's not canon. He jumped in the middle of a frozen lake in the dead middle of winter for 1500 pokedollars.

Me. Ariel. He's so completely oblivious it's not funny. With his nature and how serious he can get, he can hardly take a joke unless he's the one trying to crack one. And it's usually terrible humor.

Ariel. He's the type to harp affection on everybody. When he's drunk, that is. Normally he likes to heal and hug, but that's just about it. Give him about three bottles of alcohol, and Ariel is so completely gone it's disturbing. He will wail at the top of his lungs how much he loves everybody around him and go on about wanting to adopt everyone.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp SAHVOT
skin by bonbon.