Welcome

Our old universe has
fallen into impossible chaos and destruction, but the Legendaries will save us; are saving us; have saved us. Soon many lives and memories will fill this new world, and give it purpose.

Events

Terrene continues to heat
up, both in temperature and in tempers. Beta and Omega are finally in direct conflict, click here to keep up on it. If your character is part of either side, the expedition & pursuit thread has all the details. And don't forget, our Player Appreciation and the short stories lore contest both end at the end of August!

Season

Summer will be here until
September. The heat of summer is here in full force, as well as the accompanying summer thunderstorms. Bug, electric, and fire types all thrive while others wilt under these conditions.

Staff

Admins

Jani
Kaien

Moderators

Shasyu
Mod

C-Box

Keep it PG! | rules

Links

external cbox newbie guide pkmn rarity dmg table mod req the maps FAQ PP

Sisters

Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene

Add Reply
New Poll

Guard Swap and Power Swap, question
Amissa
 Posted: Aug 2 2018, 06:54 PM

Player

I have an idea for a use for Power Swap and Guard Swap, but I want to see if it would be considered Terrene-legal. It would mainly benefit Soren since he's small and squishy (Cecilia doesn't need to call on her mr.mime for a power boost). Essentially, I want to know if Genesis does a power swap with him, can she loan him her strength for a limited time to do a specific task. The idea came to me because while Genesis is plenty strong, she lacks the thumbs that Soren has. It's not something that I can see being used much in battle, but it would have a roleplay benefit. She would, of course, pay the energy cost for using the move.

Traditionally these moves only trade whatever strength or defense buffs a pokemon has with its opponent, but I thought this would be a fun and creative way of using them as well. Please let me know what you guys think.

--------------------
PM
^
Rixie
 Posted: Aug 4 2018, 04:09 PM

Lore

After conferring with Jani and Kaien:

I think it's a pretty creative interpretation, and I like it, though it would be much more limited when applying to humans... as almost all Pokemon moves/abilities are. (Basically anything that is a stat/status move would work to a more limited degree on a human, but anything that is actually physically damaging would probably cause more damage to a human. Like flamethrower.)

One issue I realized is that technically Power Swap switches the stat boosts, not the stats themselves. For example: if Soren has no stat boosts, and Genesis has +2 Attack, using Power Swap would give Soren +2 Attack, and Genesis goes to +0 ATK.

So it's certainly plausible, but Soren wouldn't suddenly gain all the strength of a Girafarig, just a modification on his strength. And it wouldn't be particularly effective if Genesis doesn't first somehow acquire the +1 Attack.

Note: This implies that status changing moves like Growl works on humans. Yes, but to a more limited degree than it works on other Pokemon.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene Pokemon: Terrene
Static
FF:Adventu Pokemon Anrui Living the Dream: a Pokemon RPG PLEDGE -- a pokémon roleplay kalopsia - a pmd rp SAHVOT
skin by bonbon.